PDA

View Full Version : What are coins for?

Gradma65
10-11-13, 01:47 PM
Hi,

I'm new to Dragon Story. My grand kids set it up on my iPad. I keep getting messages about having to collect coins, so I do it and now have quite a few, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with them. It seems that I can't buy anything with them, so what are they for?

Thanks for being patient with an old lady . . .

SamKanj
10-11-13, 01:55 PM
There are few usages for coins; planting food, breeding, battle, healing a dragon after a battle (in case you are defeated), buying decorations etc..

midnightmeerkat
10-11-13, 02:37 PM
Also buying habitats

creolepraline
10-11-13, 02:59 PM
Awww, how sweet is that?! Your grand kids will have you hooked to the game that you'll be calling them saying you bred something fantastic! I see lots of grandparents and GREAT grandparents playing the game, chatting on the walls about families and such. I love it!

As mentioned the coins are needed for everything within the game. Besides gold for speeding things up, plenty of coins keep you going. You will need to expand before you know it and the more the merrier will be needed for that. Along with plenty of neighbors for requesting maps. Then clearing away the trees and such that's there,once you've opened up a plot of land.

Have fun and welcome to the game!

Gradma65
10-11-13, 03:39 PM
Thanks for your replies. But how do you plant food and buy habitats with coins? All purchases seem to require gold.

creolepraline
10-11-13, 04:06 PM
If you click on a habitat you will see how many coins it costs. If you click on one and it's asking for gold, you either don't have enough coins. Or it's one or the luxury gold costing habitats.

There are the normal farms and then there are enchanted farms that will come later as you level up. All of the food costs coins to plant.

Gradma65
10-17-13, 09:36 AM
Thanks to all. I've now got my farms working and feeding dragons. What is the significance of all these mushrooms and other stuff that you need coins to clear? To make room for more habitats and farms, I assume? Do some of them need to be. Learned because they are toxic to dragons?
Do you need to buy gold in order to expand? What are all these messages about people visiting and leaving bonuses and I should do the same for them? How do I do that? What is a mystic map, what's it for, and how to I give one to someone? Thanks again for your patience and help.

sunkalito
10-17-13, 09:53 AM
Thanks to all. I've now got my farms working and feeding dragons. What is the significance of all these mushrooms and other stuff that you need coins to clear? To make room for more habitats and farms, I assume? Do some of them need to be. Learned because they are toxic to dragons?
Do you need to buy gold in order to expand? What are all these messages about people visiting and leaving bonuses and I should do the same for them? How do I do that? What is a mystic map, what's it for, and how to I give one to someone? Thanks again for your patience and help.

1)
the mushrooms, rocks and trees should be cleared to gain space to build habitats, fams, decoration. :) they don't harm your dragons! they're just annoying because they take up space. AND they get expensive!
2)
you don't need to use gold to expand. Expansions work like this: you tap on an EXPAND sign and it prompts you to spend some ammount of silver coins (it increases), and to ASK MAPS FROM YOUR NEIGHBORS. never buy the maps, they're expensive and you can get them for free. You can tap on the ASK button and then select your neighbors, they get a message to send you maps. :) and they will, they don't cost them anything at all! you can get up to 20 maps per day.
3)
when people visit you, they will play with your dragons and give you a bonus of 250 or 150 silver coins (meaning more cash for you), so it's nice to visit back and give them a bonus too.
4) when someone asks you a map, you will receive a message on your NEWS FEED, saying "xxx has asked for a mystic map!" just click send, and you're helping them expand :D

i suggest you check out a thread that explains how to make more money early in the game. i'll look for it.

sunkalito
10-17-13, 09:56 AM
also, gold id very hard to come by. My tip: spend it wisely. Find 3 regular gold buddies (you send them gold and they send you back daily) and stick to them. Also, install any game they promote to you!
sometimes you'll get a message pop-up saying "oh, this is an interesting challenge" or something along those lines, and when you open it, it says "install and play....." (for example, candy mania, bubble mania, farm story, etc) and if you install, you will get a goal (to visit someone or buy a decoration) and you'll win 30 gold. if you reach a certain level in your new game you will get 15 more gold, and you can get it twice. :)

J85909266
10-17-13, 11:43 AM
This is a good question. I have 56 million of them and nothing to buy.

Gradma65
10-19-13, 12:23 AM
Thank you again for your help. So if I visit someone else's site, and tap to "play"', and a little egg floats up, that means that I have given them coins? Or is there something else that I have to do? And where do the coins that they leave me appear?

sunkalito
10-19-13, 05:13 AM
Thank you again for your help. So if I visit someone else's site, and tap to "play"', and a little egg floats up, that means that I have given them coins? Or is there something else that I have to do? And where do the coins that they leave me appear?
Yea, that's playing! :) you leave them coins, and you get social rating eggs (their sole purpose is to indicate other players how often you play). When your habitats sparkle it means someone played with them and left you a bonus. :) as soon as you tap that sparkly habitat, you'll get the coins (the coins the habitat already had, plus the ones from your friend sho played).

You're welcome. ;)