PDA

View Full Version : Bug in Bear Upgrade from Level 2 to Level 3

jacobvanbourne
10-10-13, 09:23 AM
Storm8 ID: jacobvanbourne
Kingdom Clash Name: VanBourne
Level: 33

This might just be cosmetic but it has made me pause several times in upgrading my bears from 2 to 3. The problem is that my Level 2 Bear has a single chevron showing its level (as it should), and in the Armory the promotion for the bear to the next level ALSO shows a Bear with a single chevron. As a user it makes me concerned that the bear won't actually upgrade after spending 600,000 spellstones. But I am a sucker and went for it.

At the very least the image for the promotion in the armory needs to be updated to 2 chevrons for a Level 3 bear. I will find out in 2 days if the bear actually upgrades or not. I have attached two screenshots.

syllrag
10-10-13, 10:43 AM
The image in the armory is for the current level for our troops. After you have done the upgrade, both bear images in armory and barrack would have two ******s.

FrozenTurtle
10-10-13, 11:43 AM
syllrag is correct. The chevrons will not be updated until your upgrade is complete. This is because your current Bears are still level 2. Also, you still do have the option to cancel it. Sorry for any confusion!

jacobvanbourne
10-10-13, 02:17 PM
OK, I hear ya. Good to know. But one of the keys to game play is consistency. Doing certain actions across the game are consistent with like actions. It would seem consistent with other things you upgrade in the game that the image is of the upgraded item your purchasing. For instance, watchtowers, vaults, mines, markets, etc all show an image of the item you are buying. It's y'alls game, and I am certainly not trying to be difficult. I know coding for that is not just like turning on a light switch.

On a semi-related note regarding upgrades, the Champions Altar was showing up for a Level 7 Royal Hall (previously required Level 11) and I was saving up for the upgrade. Just before I started the upgrade I checked the list of items again and the Champions Altar is gone now as part of the Level 7 Royal Hall upgrade. Has that been moved again? Or will it show up in 4 days when the Royal Hall upgrade is completed?

Many thanks.