PDA

View Full Version : Bookkeeper question

helenikesekene
10-10-13, 04:07 AM
There's one little thing that has been bothering me as a bookkeeper. :)
If customers come to my restaurant, food is served to their table, corresponding number of plates is taken off from the counter. Coins are received to my account when a customer finishes eating and stand up from table, that takes a little while.
Now let's say customer is still eating at table and I press "design" button. Customers dissapear, no money comes to my account and food doesn't go back to the counter either. After I finish redecorating there is no sign of a money earned inbetween.
So I just lost a possibility to earn for the food I have cooked and served? Lets say I had 10 customers eating a 4 coins dish, that makes 40 coins lost. If I do it multiple times a day each day (I honestly love moving the furniture around) the losses become already significant.
I suspect the same kind of losses may apply if I close the game or go to visit neighbours/community members. Then there is always some money earned while I was away, but impossible to check what exactly for.

I know, it's just a game and the amounts are not hude, but being a professional bookkeeper I can't help paying notice to this kind of things.

CrazyCatL80
10-10-13, 04:05 PM
They may have changed it recently because I thought the same thing, but lately when I hit "Design", my bank goes up. I have not tried to calculate whether or not it is by the right amount, but seeing the coin count go up helps me feel a little better. :)

sharpguy32
10-12-13, 03:03 PM
I thought about that too a week ago and paid close attention. When I hit design mode, the customer disappears and my money goes up (the numbers increment at a face paced, but if you look closely, you can see it. It increases by (# of plates currently sitting on tables times coins the dish is worth, which varies)

I was using the regular version of RS right before the Halloween version was launched and it was doing it then (but only been playing 2 or 3 weeks, so not sure if it used to not do that in past). It still pays out, when hitting design mode, in Halloween version, too ;) Of course, the customers that were walking to the table are going to be missed out (but they don't get any food till they sit down), so you don't lose food on counters from the walkers)

Of course, you're going to miss out on potential earnings while in design mode, customer don't come in and eat. That's the only think I don't like. But at least you got some satisfaction (in exchange for earnings while in design mode) from moving your furniture around and that's priceless (Sorry Visa for using your ? slogan)

helenikesekene
10-13-13, 05:22 AM
Yes now I can see the money increasing a little bit just after pressing "design" and that's fair. It makes sense that I can't serve customers during redecorations, that's the price I have to pay. :)
I already started doubting if I just didn't see the little increase earlyer, but if CrazyCat said the same thing it may have been changed lately.

And sharpguy, I love your database! I have been tempted to do the same kind of calculations, but been holding myself back from going too crazy about just a "stupid computer game". I really have to work hard not to get totally addicted to it. :)

TinksThots
10-13-13, 05:53 AM
And sharpguy, I love your database! I have been tempted to do the same kind of calculations, but been holding myself back from going too crazy about just a "stupid computer game". I really have to work hard not to get totally addicted to it. :)
It's already too late for you, my dear. Re-read your OP. Now remind yourself that the coins in question are pixels.

If you want a really good/bad example of a lost cause, look in my group at what I figured out about the parts. RS screws are in the 90's while the next five best parts fall behind in the 40's and 30's. BS gears top out at 40 but the next best parts over there stay close behind with the seventh best still at 20, the BS motor is obsolete and nozzle is specialty, not basic, while two of the better parts aren't considered basics. Still with me? Yeah, good luck not getting addicted, these games are designed the way they are for a reason. http://i43.tinypic.com/dct00g.jpg http://i41.tinypic.com/16beknq.jpg