PDA

View Full Version : Fishing - difference between baits

andreiamarques30
10-07-13, 12:41 PM
What's the difference between fishing with the different baits? Are some better than others?

AlyMcF
10-08-13, 09:14 PM
All I can tell you is that I've given up on doing anything other than dough-ball baits. Doing an anchovy bait seems to catch me nothing but another anchovy half the time, which makes it a total waste. And now that I have the pizza oven I need all my anchovy for anchovy pizzas or for orders.

Seems to be a higher chance of getting a bass with the pepper/anchovy bait, but it uses too much in the way of resources, IMO.

aileeniweeni
10-09-13, 01:20 PM
I'd advise you to reserve the anchovy and spicy bait for when you see a hot spot (fish circling around) in the pond.

I've gotten 2 catfish with one anchovy bait and 2 bass with one spicy bait when i used them on a hot spot. But I don't always get 2, sometimes I just get double xp on the hot spots. I mostly make the dough baits, since it's less time and less demanding in resources.

ghjvcucjb
10-09-13, 06:43 PM
I only use the ball bait. I tried the others and only got anchovies so not worth it to me.

leanel14
10-09-13, 07:08 PM
I only use the ball bait. I tried the others and only got anchovies so not worth it to me.

I agree. There is no deference between other bait. Same fishes you can if we use the ball bait. Why waste long time making other bait just to catch same fishes. Wew I used ball bait. Less time to craft.

freesiawoods
10-10-13, 07:50 AM
Never gotten double catfish or double bass with any bait even in hotspot. Maddening when you use anchovy or spicy bait and just get one anchovy!

CharlieCattus
10-10-13, 08:56 PM
I have found that recently I get mainly anchovies with the dough ball, the occasional catfish and rarely, a bass. With the anchovy bait I get mainly catfish with anchovies and bass. Haven't tried the spicy bait.