PDA

View Full Version : No gem sales??

scotlandyardyummies
10-06-13, 07:45 AM
I researched this topic on the forum, but wasn't able to find any clear answers...maybe because there aren't any. I have been playing Bakery Story (and Restaurant Story) for almost a year. I have never, ever had a gem sale in the game. I purchase gems (usually every other month or so), but I've always paid full price. In fact, I didn't even realize that gems went on sale....until we bought my son a kindle. I also play on a kindle. However, he gets gems sales frequently. Does anyone know why I'm not receiving gem sale offers?

Thanks in advance! By the way, I love the new Halloween goals. :)

cherryberry9
10-06-13, 09:28 AM
I get the sales everyday.

scotlandyardyummies
10-06-13, 09:42 AM
Poo, I wish I did. :(

maguar
10-06-13, 03:46 PM
The sales on gems go out randomly to random accounts. It could be that your son is having a lucky run but you're not.

teamburcroff
10-07-13, 03:55 AM
Thank-you for asking this question! I was going to ask the very same - been playing almost a year and just hit level 99 this past week...never seen a gem sale. :( I check every day. I guess I will keep on checking...I would love to load up before the holidays! :)

bobbyrae
10-07-13, 09:36 AM
Poo, I wish I did. :(

I do too in both Restaurant and Bakery and I did as well on Farm when I played. Pity, because I won't be buying gems at all on any TL game.

ac302
10-09-13, 10:25 PM
I've been playing BS and RS for well over a year and only received the Black Friday sale last year. TL says the sales go out randomly, but how about TL making them un-random and make them mandatory for every player? Maybe not every day or every week, but maybe once a month everybody gets a sale. Clearly, the Black Friday sale went out to just about everyone....that wasn't random.

teamburcroff
10-10-13, 12:08 PM
I almost wonder if my device isn't letting me see a gem sale? A number of times I open the gem window and it's blank, only the gem header is there...or maybe that's when it's randomly trying to see if today is my day? Have never seen a sale :(

gabbysmom87
10-11-13, 03:01 AM
I've never had a gem sale! Ever! On my phone. On my husband's tablet, we get them all the time. It isn't fair. I buy gems on the device I don't get sales on because that's my main bakery :(

310pnut
10-11-13, 05:48 AM
I get them all the time....maybe if u buy less gems then they will give u a gem sale so u will buy more:p

gabbysmom87
10-11-13, 04:50 PM
Right..

angelmama24
10-11-13, 06:05 PM
The sales on gems go out randomly to random accounts. It could be that your son is having a lucky run but you're not.

Randomly? Seriously? That's just wrong. I have a feeling that TL offers gems sales to those who have bought gems before (I get the offer at least once a week, but yes, I pay real money for gems). But how can a level 99 player never have a gem sale? Like I said, that's just wrong. TL peeps, you should rethink the way you offer these gem sales to your loyal players.

gdmcrjunkie
10-12-13, 05:49 PM
How do you know you've got a gem sale? Is there an indicator or do you just look at the gem prices and go oh hey they're different? I've been playing since march and don't recall anything sale-like...

soclassymom
10-12-13, 10:38 PM
Randomly? Seriously? That's just wrong. I have a feeling that TL offers gems sales to those who have bought gems before (I get the offer at least once a week, but yes, I pay real money for gems). But how can a level 99 player never have a gem sale? Like I said, that's just wrong. TL peeps, you should rethink the way you offer these gem sales to your loyal players.

Well said

soclassymom
10-12-13, 10:41 PM
But I buy gems once a month and haven't get any sale for two years of playing these games

TinksThots
10-13-13, 01:31 AM
How do you know you've got a gem sale? Is there an indicator or do you just look at the gem prices and go oh hey they're different? I've been playing since march and don't recall anything sale-like...
You'll get an obnoxious daily popup that'll constantly catch you off-guard and get you to accidentally hit one of its buttons and make you wait til it's done "Processing..." so you can hit 'Cancel', and a little red sale tag icon on your gem count at the top of your game screen. :/

gdmcrjunkie
10-13-13, 05:57 AM
You'll get an obnoxious daily popup that'll constantly catch you off-guard and get you to accidentally hit one of its buttons and make you wait til it's done "Processing..." so you can hit 'Cancel', and a little red sale tag icon on your gem count at the top of your game screen. :/

Yeah, I've never seen that... Sounds very annoying but it's still unfair.

TinksThots
10-13-13, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I've never seen that... Sounds very annoying but it's still unfair.
It's very unfair, that's what makes it so very TL. But as long as people keep paying them to keep it up, might as well get used to it.

jtdesignz
10-15-13, 01:01 AM
It's very unfair, that's what makes it so very TL. But as long as people keep paying them to keep it up, might as well get used to it.

Couldn't agree with you more! Been playing for over a yr, never once got a sale and now, not getting gem offers anymore for downloading other games/ versions when I always have before. I waited all that time for RS halloween version and still nothing.

ashybooluvswelle
10-15-13, 04:59 PM

False. I have never bought gems and I always get the sales.

mergirl96
10-15-13, 06:39 PM
False. I have never bought gems and I always get the sales.

Same with me. I'm starting to think that if I were ever to start buying gems, I wouldn't get them any more.

TinksThots
10-26-13, 01:14 AM
Ditto, mine seem to constantly be on sale, but TL has never seen a dime from me, nor will they, not with an 'F' from the Better Business Bureau. They're constantly begging for our feedback, but they don't seem to study it much, not with a grade like that to show for it. Thing is, they don't have to... they're still banking off the people who just don't care. :/

luincristiel
10-26-13, 06:58 AM
Oh? I have one every few days but I'm not buying... perhaps that's why.

TinksThots
10-26-13, 07:11 AM
Oh? I have one every few days but I'm not buying... perhaps that's why.
Dangling the lollipop in front of the child...

TinksThots
10-26-13, 07:12 AM
Not you personally, but players as a whole.

twospoons
10-27-13, 03:49 AM
i used to get them all the time, and then when i gave in and bought gems in RS, i didn't see another sale in that game for a while. still got tons of sales in bakery & every other game i'm in, so i went for the obvious conclusion, that now that they hooked me, they're trying to reel me all the way in. (total fail, i still have some very minor standards, and won't buy full price.) (also, i only went for the fishing comparison so as to avoid the drug-pusher analogy, which wouldn't be very nice.) but the restaurant sales did come back eventually, so then i just figured i was being paranoid.

i wonder if gem sales are released to an account and show up the next time you log in, or if they're released to an account only for a particular day. like, the great randomizer says "scotlandyardyummies (cute name, by the by) gets a gem sale this friday" but you happen to be going away for a long weekend, whether you'd get the sale on monday when you logged back in or whether you missed it by not logging in on friday. just because a year seems a ridiculous amount of time to be having an unlucky streak, as maguar calls it. but if you don't play daily, that would make more sense (although it sounds like you and teamburcroff are, so there goes that theory).

bobbyrae
10-28-13, 09:14 AM
I buy gems on the device I don't get sales on because that's my main bakery :(

Maybe that's why you aren't getting gem sales?

Mariomanhl
10-28-13, 10:50 PM
That is strange.