PDA

View Full Version : Level required for Halloween content is unfair!!

lizzyg23
10-05-13, 09:53 PM
As with fashion story, there is also Halloween content on RS that is not available to all players. There are decorations that are locked until level 63! This is incredibly unfair. Holiday content should be available to all players! By the time I reach level 63, the Halloween items will be long gone. This is really upsetting me...

[S8] Regina
10-08-13, 11:26 AM
We have made level changes to the Halloween content, and now all players will have the chance to complete the Quests and get the items! :)

nmishii
10-08-13, 11:29 AM
@IceePenguin

I am at a high enough level where everything is unlocked for me, but I'm glad you made the changes for all to enjoy. And hope all holiday content is initially available to all players in the future.

CrazyCatL80
10-08-13, 07:12 PM
This may or may not be related to the Halloween content (but I think it is)... Why can't I buy a "lab assistant"??? It says it is locked as part of a goal which seems to be unrelated to what level I am on, but I have completed the goals for that set (Necessary Precautions) and I still can't buy it. My mom cannot either.

greygull
10-08-13, 07:36 PM
This may or may not be related to the Halloween content (but I think it is)... Why can't I buy a "lab assistant"??? It says it is locked as part of a goal which seems to be unrelated to what level I am on, but I have completed the goals for that set (Necessary Precautions) and I still can't buy it. My mom cannot either.

The Lab Assistant should unlock after completing the Creepy Crawly goal. If you've completed it, try restarting your device(s).

CrazyCatL80
10-09-13, 04:09 PM
The Lab Assistant should unlock after completing the Creepy Crawly goal. If you've completed it, try restarting your device(s).

Thank you for your reply. Although not your doing, why the heck are the 2 sets separated if I have to complete one in order to complete the other? That makes no sense. At the very least, there should be some indication of what is needed. For example, in the Necessary Precautions area, it should say, "Have a Lab Assistant (Must complete Creepy Crawly goal to buy)" or something along those lines. Otherwise, just put them in the same goal box with the lab assistant at the very bottom.

Related to that, I have no idea how to build a bewitched oven. I am finally at a level that will allow me to have another oven, but all it says is that I need nuts and bolts from friends. There is no indication of where to go to ask for those and/or how to build the oven once I have them.

Thank you again!

[S8] Regina
10-09-13, 04:16 PM
Thank you for your reply. Although not your doing, why the heck are the 2 sets separated if I have to complete one in order to complete the other? That makes no sense. At the very least, there should be some indication of what is needed. For example, in the Necessary Precautions area, it should say, "Have a Lab Assistant (Must complete Creepy Crawly goal to buy)" or something along those lines. Otherwise, just put them in the same goal box with the lab assistant at the very bottom.

Related to that, I have no idea how to build a bewitched oven. I am finally at a level that will allow me to have another oven, but all it says is that I need nuts and bolts from friends. There is no indication of where to go to ask for those and/or how to build the oven once I have them.

Thank you again!

If you encounter an unlocked item for a Goal, you will have to complete other Goals in the task book to keep unlocking more items.

To place the oven in your Shop, please tap away from the Hammer Icon in order to place it. Then tap on the appliance, once it's in your shop, to open up the menu to "Ask" materials from your neighbors.

CrazyCatL80
10-09-13, 04:19 PM
If you encounter an unlocked item for a Goal, you will have to complete other Goals in the task book to keep unlocking more items.

To place the oven in your Shop, please tap away from the Hammer Icon in order to place it. Then tap on the appliance, once it's in your shop, to open up the menu to "Ask" materials from your neighbors.

Ha, yeah, I just figured that out... I had tapped it and it gave me instructions about parts needed, but didn't let me place it. I thought that meant I couldn't do anything with it. Apparently I needed to tap the oven AGAIN after it told me what I needed and THEN place it. :rolleyes: Thanks!

CrazyCatL80
10-09-13, 04:29 PM
I still stand by my statement that it makes no sense to require the completion of another set of goals before you can complete the one you're on unless the game actually tells you about it. I have several goals that I have no intention of completing (like the western one). I had no idea if the game was going to make me finish those too before I could get the lab assistant. I had no way of knowing what I needed to complete in order to get it (not to mention the fact that I couldn't have completed Creepy Crawly until I hit a level that would allow me to even buy another stove/oven/etc. which I just did today). To me, that means they should've been in the same set. I would've understood right away that if the lab assistant is the very last item of the Creepy Crawly set, I have to finish all goals above it to unlock the lab kitty. Again, if the game told me that I had to complete Creepy Crawly first, I would've been OK with them being in separate "books". Maybe don't unlock Necessary Precautions until Creepy Crawly is complete??? Regardless, I shouldn't have to come to the forums to be able to advance in a game.

I know you are not personally responsible for this and I thank you for taking the time to respond.

[S8] Regina
10-09-13, 04:48 PM
You can also store an appliance you have in the Shop, so that you can free up another "slot" to buy another new appliance, without waiting to get to the next few levels to unlock a slot.

For the goals, I will pass on your feedback to the game team. Usually these are themed-goals, and they come in a set. So you will have to complete them all to unlock all rewards.

I hope you keep enjoying the Halloween content! ^__^

CrazyCatL80
10-10-13, 03:56 PM
You can also store an appliance you have in the Shop, so that you can free up another "slot" to buy another new appliance, without waiting to get to the next few levels to unlock a slot.

For the goals, I will pass on your feedback to the game team. Usually these are themed-goals, and they come in a set. So you will have to complete them all to unlock all rewards.

I hope you keep enjoying the Halloween content! ^__^

WHAT?!?! I can store an appliance so I can buy another one?! I had no idea. THANK YOU!!!!

I am loving it. I love Halloween, so the content is super fun. :)

[S8] Regina
10-10-13, 04:08 PM
Glad it helped! ^__^