PDA

View Full Version : Stormie Loop

likeyb
10-05-13, 04:58 AM
I am on what we call the stormie loop. We have worked out this is firemocha as no shields are enforced. But at the moment he is my only opponent. With comp finishing soon this is unacceptable. We have named it the stormie loop because at stages we all get caught in it. Please fix. Thank you

bubblesx
10-05-13, 05:32 AM
I keep getting presented with Stormie as well. It costs 500 to hit Next, but when I hit Next, I get presented with Stormie again. I cannot attack anyone because of this.

bubblesx
10-06-13, 11:31 AM
This resolved itself for me yesterday.

bubblesx
10-06-13, 11:44 AM
OK I'm level 33. I go to "Find Match" and get presented with an opponent. For example, #1 player HOPR. Too high for me to win, so I pay my $500 and hit the Next button. Pass a few more, and all of a sudden I get HOPR again. Sometimes in 10 passes I might see the same players 2-3 times. If I have to pay to "next" shouldn't I get different choices? I don't think the opponent should repeat.

tracmac
10-06-13, 05:34 PM
I keep getting Stormie as an opponent. I know Stormie is a storm8 creation.

It costs me 1250 to select a new opponent and I have had to skip past Stormie at least 15 times. I am only getting a choice of 2 players and Stormie. If I skip Stormie, I get Stormie again and again and again.

There is no point attacking a player with 380ish coins as it costs more than that to train 2 warriors. I also can't win crowns.

What's the point? All it's doing is chewing my coin, troops and stopping me from playing.

likeyb
10-06-13, 05:35 PM
It did for a while but is now happening again. Moderater please respond as to why this is happening and if it is being rectified. Thank you

CuddlyDragon
10-06-13, 05:50 PM
/MERGED

Hi ,

This has not been happening on my game.

Have you force closed it or reinstalled the app? If not, please try that and let me know if it continues.

sand
10-06-13, 07:09 PM
/MERGED

Hi ,

This has not been happening on my game.

Have you force closed it or reinstalled the app? If not, please try that and let me know if it continues.

I got caught in it today.

Available Loot: 512 coins; 512 spellstone.
Win: 1 crown.
Lose: -36 crowns.

Who would NOT skip this? Yet it keeps taking your money and won't skip.
Is the problem not real until a TeamLava or FireMocha moderator or community manager experiences it? If it hasn't been happening in your game, then it just hasn't happened to you yet. BUT IT HAPPENS.
Clearly, it's not some random coincidence that we only get caught in a loop when Stormie comes up in the matches. It's happening because of something your coders have put in. Tell them to identify it and take it out! Enough already.

tracmac
10-07-13, 03:54 AM
Hi moderator,

I've uninstalled and installed again and it still happens. I get Stormie 2 to 3 times in a row.

It now is costing 1500 coins each time. The level Stormie is on shouldn't be coming up as a competitor against my level anyway.

I'm a bit over it. I know it is also happening to quite a few of my alliance as well.

You're fortunate that its not happening to you, it's very frustrating its happening to me so regularly.

likeyb
10-07-13, 03:59 AM
Hi moderator, what level is your royal hall or how many crowns do you have as I think this is relevant as to whether you see stormie or not. I am in an alliance where 1050 crowns is the lowest and it is mainly the top players with the higher level royal halls who continually get him on a loop. Thank you

bubblesx
10-07-13, 10:26 AM
In "Find Match" presented with the same opponent repeatedly

OK I'm level 33. I go to "Find Match" and get presented with an opponent. For example, #1 player HOPR. Too high for me to win, so I pay my $500 and hit the Next button. Pass a few more, and all of a sudden I get HOPR again. Sometimes in 10 passes I might see the same players 2-3 times. If I have to pay to "next" shouldn't I get different choices? I don't think the opponent should repeat.

(This was merged but it's a completely different topic. Please give it back its own topic. )

FrozenTurtle
10-07-13, 01:28 PM
In "Find Match" presented with the same opponent repeatedly

(This was merged but it's a completely different topic. Please give it back its own topic. )

Sorry for the confusion! These problems are actually related in that some of our high ranking players may have a limited number of targets when cycling through opponents. We're working on the way we match players to lessen the occurrences of this. Thanks for your patience!

bubblesx
10-10-13, 04:24 AM
Happening again this morning.

sweetcupcake555555
10-10-13, 04:57 AM
i dont get stormie on a loop but i get tons of other top 10 players in my loop and not just once or twice. i am lvl 49 yet i get pitted against lvl 71. hardly fair. it costs 700 for a next and i get same players over and over till i give up. ive spent tens of thousands to find one match that i can actually compete fairly against. and when i try and revenge attack they are all online or have sheilds. makes battling impossible and after months i am no closer to upgrading anything. stop the loop attacks and pit us against equals. i am close to deleting this unfair frustrating game.

FrozenTurtle
10-10-13, 10:18 AM
Happening again this morning.

We're still working on a fix for this. Sorry it's still occurring for you! :(

likeyb
10-11-13, 07:06 PM
Stormie, Stormie, Stormie again so over it. I lost 50 crowns last night and can't gain anything because of stormie.

magiv50
10-11-13, 11:10 PM
who is Stormie?

bubblesx
10-12-13, 06:56 AM
Happened again last night and again this morning. Lost gold, cannot attack anyone because of it.

syllrag
10-12-13, 07:38 AM
FM, can't you just delete the stormie account??

kooky panda
10-12-13, 08:54 AM
who is Stormie?

Meet your new neighbor, Stormie! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?32775-Meet-your-new-neighbor-Stormie!&highlight=meet+stormie)

likeyb
10-13-13, 07:50 PM
Meet your new neighbor, Stormie! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?32775-Meet-your-new-neighbor-Stormie!&highlight=meet+stormie)

Well I'm sorry but he's not very neighbourly he's one of those pesky neighbours you hope will move out!

syllrag
10-14-13, 01:59 AM

That's not funny at all. Can't you guys just delete that stormie account?? Or, you should put at least 100k resources each in that stormie account, not a lame 495, so at least we can make money out of stormie when there's no other opponent to attack. It should be an easy fix.

bubblesx
10-14-13, 07:04 AM
STILL happening. Support, what is going on with this? When can we expect a resolution to this ongoing problem? It costs multiple resources every time, and it happens a LOT!

mackbolan
10-14-13, 08:03 PM
Is Storm8 kidding?

After all the crashes I've been having (with all the losses from 100% wins, lost Crowns, lost Coins and lost Spellstone) I was saying to myself, "At least I'm not stuck in the Stormie loop."

Guess what? I'm now stuck in the Stormie loop.

$700 per attack to face Stormie, with my other choices being RedRedWine, HOPR and Barrys Land. There is some random tiny number of Coins and Spellstone (always under 500 each) and some Crowns available. I just got to a Level 7 Royal Hall and am nowhere near the big leagues. Is the Kingdoms Live player base really so limited that those are the only people I have available for battles?

Come on, let's get this game fixed.

syllrag
10-14-13, 09:05 PM
Is Storm8 kidding?

After all the crashes I've been having (with all the losses from 100% wins, lost Crowns, lost Coins and lost Spellstone) I was saying to myself, "At least I'm not stuck in the Stormie loop."

Guess what? I'm now stuck in the Stormie loop.

$700 per attack to face Stormie, with my other choices being RedRedWine, HOPR and Barrys Land. There is some random tiny number of Coins and Spellstone (always under 500 each) and some Crowns available. I just got to a Level 7 Royal Hall and am nowhere near the big leagues. Is the Kingdoms Live player base really so limited that those are the only people I have available for battles?

Come on, let's get this game fixed.

I am guessing that at best there is only 10,000 people actively playing this game. If you are above 1k crowns, your opponents would only be 1/10 of those number of around 1000 people (see players rank). Those high crowns people are usually quite active, then you have the shield when you lose, plus some people are *****ing to always stay online, the rest are low resources people who spend all before they log off, last you have stormie. You can see how easy it is to get lost in a stormie loop and high lv players when you've high crowns.

I would also bet that they are not making enough money out of this game, not enough to get their attention and put more effort on fixing the bugs, that's why the bug fixing is very slow. I wouldn't spend money on this if I were you, look at those 10 games that they closed last month.

liscke
10-17-13, 05:11 AM
This stormie loop is beyond a joke. Even less funny, is the trite response you have given to an issue that is ruining the game for many. I have been trying to raid on and off for 5 hours. All I get is stormie. The game is literally unplayable, and the best you can do is a cutsie meet your new neighbour? I hate to think of how much hard earned and hard to replace gold i have wasted. Seriously, it cannot possibly be that hard to remove stormie, so i can only conclude that you don't care a whit (which coincidentally rhymes with what i really wanted to say). You need some good will from your regular players... way to miss the opportunity to create it.

MeisterLampee
10-17-13, 05:58 PM
I paid twice money for gems, and feel pretty fooled that I now have to fight against stormie ever and ever! After 10 times I am frustrated! Please debug as soon as possible!

goddessnikole
10-18-13, 12:09 AM
I experienced this a week ago and other allie members today.... they dropped crowns to get out of it

liscke
10-18-13, 04:22 AM
I experienced this a week ago and other allie members today.... they dropped crowns to get out of it

Same thing again tonight. Still cant play the game, still no serious response. I dont want to drop crowns and let my alliance down. Id just like to play the game in the way it was intended. Too much to ask?

MeisterLampee
10-18-13, 11:48 AM
Seems like it was due to the update. Thank god I got rid of Stormie!!!!

bubblesx
10-18-13, 12:20 PM
I am getting it repeatedly. I have done the update from the app store and rebooted the phone, so I don't think the new version is helping at least with me.

bubblesx
10-19-13, 06:48 AM
Still happening repeatedly since the update. Stuck in the loop now. At $1200 a pop, this is taking a lot of money, which seems unfair.

bubblesx
10-19-13, 09:13 AM
Alll right, the Stormie loops is ruining this game for me.

You are willing to sell gold to me at the rate of 1,200,750 for 654 gems.

Each time you present me with Stormie and I have to hit "Next" to get a real opponent costs me 1,200 gold.

By the value above, that would be 6.54 gems for 1,200 gold.

Since you have presented me with Stormie at least 100 times, that would be a value of 654 gems. Please refund these to my account. I will continue counting. Thank you for your help with this ongoing and EXPENSIVE problem.

theblur1
10-19-13, 09:35 AM
Level 23 royal hall level 4. Updated to 1.3 and now it state that I need to get my Royal Hall to level 99 before I can purchase defense walls. It used to state level 5 royal hall to purchase the walls. Is there a update problem?

MediusSyberia
10-19-13, 10:31 PM
Alll right, the Stormie loops is ruining this game for me.

You are willing to sell gold to me at the rate of 1,200,750 for 654 gems.

Each time you present me with Stormie and I have to hit "Next" to get a real opponent costs me 1,200 gold.

By the value above, that would be 6.54 gems for 1,200 gold.

Since you have presented me with Stormie at least 100 times, that would be a value of 654 gems. Please refund these to my account. I will continue counting. Thank you for your help with this ongoing and EXPENSIVE problem.

I think your math is a little off. It should be roughly 65 gems not 654 gems :P So at least not as expensive. Still I understand your frustration and I seem to have the same issue (there's normally about 10 people I can attack and it just cycles between them and stormie). Some of my alliance members only have a couple of people + stormie so not many options for them.

Level 23 royal hall level 4. Updated to 1.3 and now it state that I need to get my Royal Hall to level 99 before I can purchase defense walls. It used to state level 5 royal hall to purchase the walls. Is there a update problem?

You should probably start a new thread for that so it doesn't get lost in this one. I saw someone in global chat mentioning the same sort of thing but I can't test as I already have max walls.

MediusSyberia
10-19-13, 10:35 PM
Another idea... while the match-making selection system is being revised to stop stormie showing up so frequently, would it be possible to make the cost to skip stormie $0 for now? That way even if he shows up 50 times in a row at least it's not costing everyone coins to keep skipping him (which seems to be the major complaint about him at the moment).

bubblesx
10-19-13, 11:17 PM
I think your math is a little off. It should be roughly 65 gems not 654 gems :P So at least not as expensive. Still I understand your frustration and I seem to have the same issue (there's normally about 10 people I can attack and it just cycles between them and stormie). Some of my alliance members only have a couple of people + stormie so not many options for them.

Hahaha oops yes. 1,200,750 gold for 654 gems is 1,836 gold for 1 gem. So each 1200 "next" costs 0.65 gems. 100 nests would be 65 gems.

Thanks for for pointing it out. I've gotten Stormie way more than 100 times. I think the support staff should consider how much this is costing us though. 65 gems a day is a lot!

ccc5469
10-23-13, 01:08 PM
i dont get stormie on a loop but i get tons of other top 10 players in my loop and not just once or twice. i am lvl 49 yet i get pitted against lvl 71. hardly fair. it costs 700 for a next and i get same players over and over till i give up. ive spent tens of thousands to find one match that i can actually compete fairly against. and when i try and revenge attack they are all online or have sheilds. makes battling impossible and after months i am no closer to upgrading anything. stop the loop attacks and pit us against equals. i am close to deleting this unfair frustrating game.

This same thing is happening to me. I keep getting the same Level 71 players over and over who are impossible to beat. Its $1200 to go to next opponent and yet all the players that are given as options are looping over and over and I end up wasting all my coins I could be using on Upgrades to look for people to attack. Also, all the people who have attacked me have shields or are online as well. This game is really getting ridiculous. Its no fun when you get stuck at a standstill and cannot do anything. I am so sick of all the issues and bugs with this game. I've heard Clash of clans is similar but not as many problems. Why don't you guys call the makers of this game and figure out what you're doing!!!! This is annoying and NO FUN anymore.

jacobvanbourne
10-24-13, 07:19 AM
I don't think Stormie is a bug actually. When you get to higher levels there are a limited amount of players. And those players are considered for attack by everyone else hitting the attack button. When each player is presented it is there for up to 30 seconds. So the available players are queued up and the only opponent to show you is Stormie. So I think the reason we see Stormie is because he is available. Especially since we all hit 'next' within 1.2 seconds of seeing him. I also wouldn't be surprised if there are actually multiple Stormie accounts that all match one another. And yes, I hate wasting coin skipping him also.

lorenz10
10-29-13, 07:09 AM
Not sure if I should make a different 3d, anyway I'm stuck in a very similar loop, i'm at level 41, dropped recently to about 500 crowns to build up a little (was 1k+). Everything was going good until today. Now when I try to find someone to battle with, I always get players between the 1 to 11 level range with obviously all the problems connected (no resource no crown to take). Every now and then I pick a big player and very rarely (1 on 20-30) a player that fits my level.
Clearly not playable anymore, hope you're working on it.

lorenz10
10-30-13, 12:40 AM
update, i dropped down some crowns and it seems to work properly now...