PDA

View Full Version : Donation Record and Online Status

pikabi
10-03-13, 03:54 PM
It would be nice to have a record of alliance members who donate troops and when, and also an icon on the alliance screen that displays who is online. A donation record and online status would help give credit where it's due and also determine who is active. The record would encourage members to be more active and to donate, making the alliance more cohesive rather than just a group of people in a list. I don't believe I am alone on this issue, as I've spoken to other players who would love to see these features implemented.

sand
10-04-13, 08:33 AM
Next question about donating.. Is there anywhere to see your Alliance members donating stats? Similar games show troops donated and received by each member in the Alliance ranking list. It is good to reward those members who donate a lot by donating in return, vs some members who take but don't reciprocate.

Amen to that! Also the notification when someone sends you troops is too fleeting. We don't see it most of the time. I suggest having troop donations in a newsfeed, similar to how gifts are shown in your TeamLava games, where you can at least view the most recent 20.

It would be great if each alliance member had near their name how many troops they have donated and how many they have received. This could be reset for each tournament. It would make it easier for the leader to see who is being a supportive team member. I would also love to see a 2IC as the leader can't be on all the time and this would give the leader support. Thank you

crusader7
10-04-13, 06:33 PM
I would also like to have those counters. they'll at the very least prevent ppl from requesting all the time while never donating.
I'd also like some sort of notification (ios notif. system?) when ally is requesting troops. I know it can get annoying with the above peeps, but I think this will actually get them in line or get kicked from alliance.

susbebe
11-12-13, 12:58 AM
It should also be a option to have a personal wall, so you have an option to contact alliance members who don't enter the chat room.

syllrag
11-12-13, 01:11 AM
Why is it so hard for them to implement private message, personal and alliance walls, donation record, online status or last online record?!! It should be easy, many other games have them. For donation record, it's good to have it reset every week or every month. Or maybe both, one record for total donations and another one that reset every week.

sweetcupcake555555
11-12-13, 01:46 AM
yes yes yes would love donation notifications and records. it would be great to know which members of alliance are active players and actively donating too.

jacobvanbourne
11-16-13, 08:04 PM
With the larger portals this has become even more important. Please implement something like a donor record. Even if it is only something the leader/elders can see so they can make decisions about who is active/non-active. I imagine you may feel this is a player privacy issue, but every other game shows when a player sends gifts.

dailygamer
11-16-13, 08:40 PM
It should also be a option to have a personal wall, so you have an option to contact alliance members who don't enter the chat room.

In case susbebe's simple but highly important proposal gets lost in this thread, I am highlighting it now.

I believe the idea of donor records is an excellent one. I second entirely what sand said about the donor notifications being too fleeting. I sometimes don't even see it !

However, I don't think it should be limited to Leaders and Elders as suggested by jacobvanbourne. A donor record would let us know which donor has what level troops. This gives us the option of asking that donor to ignore a future troop request if he / she only has low-level troops (but we will of course fulfil his / her troop request) or does not have the required troops.

But back to susbebe's proposal. I have long felt the need for private message walls. First, as susbebe pointed out quite correctly, we simply can't contact people who don't chat. This is a problem in my alliance now where we are unable to speak to our Leader and ex-Leader.

Second and more importantly, we may want to send a PRIVATE message to another alliance member. For instance, we may wish to discuss whether or not to promote a certain alliance member. This should therefore be an option available to us.

ccc5469
11-17-13, 09:54 AM
In case susbebe's simple but highly important proposal gets lost in this thread, I am highlighting it now.

I believe the idea of donor records is an excellent one. I second entirely what sand said about the donor notifications being too fleeting. I sometimes don't even see it !

However, I don't think it should be limited to Leaders and Elders as suggested by jacobvanbourne. A donor record would let us know which donor has what level troops. This gives us the option of asking that donor to ignore a future troop request if he / she only has low-level troops (but we will of course fulfil his / her troop request) or does not have the required troops.

But back to susbebe's proposal. I have long felt the need for private message walls. First, as susbebe pointed out quite correctly, we simply can't contact people who don't chat. This is a problem in my alliance now where we are unable to speak to our Leader and ex-Leader.

Second and more importantly, we may want to send a PRIVATE message to another alliance member. For instance, we may wish to discuss whether or not to promote a certain alliance member. This should therefore be an option available to us.

I was just coming on here to suggest this, seems like I'm
Not the only one! Yes pleasssse make donation requests and how many donations sent be visible. It would help out a Lott and let everyone know who is helping out and who is not.

I also like the idea of showing who is I online or when a person was last logged in. I never thought of this but it is brilliant! I am always worried about being kicked out of alliance when I have a shield and am not either increasing/decreasing crown numbers or however people tell that a player is inactive. My alliance constantly kicks out inactive ayers and it would be very helpful in showing who is.

I don't really care about the knowing which level troops each person has, a donation is a donation and its better than people who never donate!! Plus, you could always just ask in the chat. 😄

jacobvanbourne
11-18-13, 05:15 PM
To be clear, I am not suggesting that a donor record be limited to leaders/elders, but if that is all they are willing to do, then that would at least be helpful for leadership. Sometimes we need to prioritize what we can get and leaders/elders have a priority need in this.

Claytongordon
11-18-13, 07:15 PM
This sounds like a great idea, I have discussed this within my alliance for a while now and it is really hard some times to see who are active players and who are inactive. Plus knowing who donates would be a great advantage as a leader because there will always be some players that take but don"t give when asked which is not fair on the other alliance members.

dailygamer
11-18-13, 08:06 PM
ccc5469, I agree with you entirely that all donations are better than none. But in my case and as an Alliance elder, I donate L4 archers and L3 bears. It makes a difference to both my attack AND defence if I'm getting L1 archers, hence my suggestion.

I also think it's unfortunate that you need to worry about being kicked out of your alliance simply because you are taking full advantage of your shield. I advise my fellow members never to remove the shield. If you got hit, it means your defences or walls or layout are inadequate. 16 hours is useful to help you reorg, upgrade defences and hopefully get stronger.

The simple solution is to continue to engage your teammates when you're not actively playing. We do that all the time, backing others up with general L4 archers or producing specially requested ones. You can also talk strategy with them on the wall. But even if you don't do all that for 12 or 16 hours, it's wrong for the alliance to kick you out.

ccc5469
11-19-13, 10:51 AM
ccc5469, I agree with you entirely that all donations are better than none. But in my case and as an Alliance elder, I donate L4 archers and L3 bears. It makes a difference to both my attack AND defence if I'm getting L1 archers, hence my suggestion.

I also think it's unfortunate that you need to worry about being kicked out of your alliance simply because you are taking full advantage of your shield. I advise my fellow members never to remove the shield. If you got hit, it means your defences or walls or layout are inadequate. 16 hours is useful to help you reorg, upgrade defences and hopefully get stronger.

The simple solution is to continue to engage your teammates when you're not actively playing. We do that all the time, backing others up with general L4 archers or producing specially requested ones. You can also talk strategy with them on the wall. But even if you don't do all that for 12 or 16 hours, it's wrong for the alliance to kick you out.

I understand what you mean and see why you made that suggestion. I was only saying that because I left my last alliance because they were complaining and making rude comments about getting lower level donations, which is all I could afford to give at the time. It was frustrating! But I wasn't trying to criticize you or my alliance with my suggestions, and I actually think thats a great idea now that I can see it from your side. And I was only worried about getting kicked out at the time because I was relatively new and ranked towards the bottom, but found out yesterday that they don't kick out active members which was good to know! lol :)

fanie37
11-20-13, 11:12 AM
It would be great to see who is active in a clan to better run it It very difficult to tell i have members that dont ask for troops but dont give either so it wouldnt be right to kick them out for that but it would be nice to have a log to see who donates and receives so we can determine who is freeloaders also so it is frustrating at the same time because in my clan almost nobody talks either because there is no way of letting ppl know when someone is chatting so this game is getting me very board when playing it. Now i have very few active players in my clan and have to take drastic measures to do something with it wich is very time consuming

nachomandeluxe
11-30-13, 11:26 AM
It would be nice to have a record of alliance members who donate troops and when, and also an icon on the alliance screen that displays who is online. A donation record and online status would help give credit where it's due and also determine who is active. The record would encourage members to be more active and to donate, making the alliance more cohesive rather than just a group of people in a list. I don't believe I am alone on this issue, as I've spoken to other players who would love to see these features implemented.
Please! This way we can know if people donate