PDA

View Full Version : just and just money

huha54
10-03-13, 03:40 PM
well now will start the topic which is teamlava just thinking how to earn money
1- ios users have more things than android why " because apple pays teamlava"
2-gold holders do not get the dragon which they want to breed fast why " to make them use golds so they buy more golds"
3-to reach new dragon on lvl 10 need more than 100.000 apples and from markeet we just get 65.000 for 250 golds why "to make players just keep buying golds so they buy apples"
4-habits not enough for our dragons why " to make us upgrade the habits from golds "
5-on battles same dragon beated same dragon before but on new battles same dragon lose why " to use golds"
6-gold dragons do not earn 5 golds per day why " then who going buy golds "
well teamlava i just bought an iphone just to play this game because i loved this game but now day by day getting bore because its not a game anymore and lot of my friends left this game from your this way which just think for money

eye_of_the_world
10-03-13, 04:14 PM
Would it hurt to try and make any sense at all... I didn't understand any of that, why bother making a thread?

[S8] Elsa
10-03-13, 04:22 PM
Would it hurt to try and make any sense at all... I didn't understand any of that, why bother making a thread?

@eye_of_the_world: To clarify, this player is offering feedback about how Gold affects their gameplay experience. Please remember to be respectful of other forum members.

@huha54: Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience with the game and how you feel about how premium currency is used. Dragon Story is free to download and play. To maintain and grow the game it requires monetary support to pay for the servers, technology, the staff, and all the necessary components to keep the game going. You're not required to spend Gold to enjoy Dragon Story. We appreciate all of our players and their support for our games. We hope that if you're not currently satisfied, that you enjoy future updates and new content.

midnightmeerkat
10-03-13, 04:59 PM

I understood what the thread was about.... The gist is -: need to spend gold to play the game

Not that I agree with some of it - I do not believe the chances of getting dragons are affected by how much gold you have or buy

mrarfan
10-03-13, 05:04 PM
I understood what the thread was about.... The gist is -: need to spend gold to play the game

Not that I agree with some of it - I do not believe the chances of getting dragons are affected by how much gold you have or buy

I knew it for a long time!
The Battle Arena,Dragon Summoning,High quantity of food and not enough habitats are examples that TL want us to buy Gold for...
How about if some of our parents don't let us buy Gold? Then the game will be even harder than expected! It's so not fair! :(

midnightmeerkat
10-03-13, 05:09 PM
The Battle Arena,Dragon Summoning,High quantity of food and not enough habitats are examples that TL want us to buy Gold for...
How about if some of our parents don't let us buy Gold? Then the game will be even harder than expected! It's so not fair! :(

Very sorry about that but TL have expenses that need to be paid.... No gold sales = no game

mrarfan
10-03-13, 05:13 PM

Oh and the Treasure Dragons! It's a bit ok at first with 800 Gold but now it's 2000 Gold which is INSANE!

Very sorry about that but TL have expenses that need to be paid.... No gold sales = no game

If they make everything easier than maybe some people will buy Gold!
If they make it like a nightmare, people might give up and will quit the game!
I've seen lots of players quit due to this issue!
So TL! PLEASE!
Even I'm getting bored :P

tuskmage
10-03-13, 05:13 PM

You mean DS should change to Free to download like some of the software offer online?

midnightmeerkat
10-03-13, 05:21 PM
You mean DS should change to Free to download like some of the software offer online?

No..... I generally don't like the "free to download, pay when you hit the wall games"

eye_of_the_world
10-03-13, 05:29 PM
Yes games should be supported by their players, but when games start to take advantage of us it will do more harm than good.

A lot of my neighbours have quit, I'm not talking about the average player who checked in once a day... I'm talking about the speed breeders, who bought gold regularly. I noticed a lot of them starting to lose interest because of the colours splitting too much, and then a lot more quit when the pure types were being released.

If TL listened to our feedback they would see that some players can't get one black or pink hybrid, and after the farming leaves fail I can understand just how frustrating that can be. The point is, this game was cool and enjoyable but then TL got greedy! Anybody remember when the second nest was only 25 gold? Now it's 250 gold... The good old days, when TL were not driven by money....

moostermine
10-03-13, 05:37 PM
Oh I'm sure they were always driven by money!
They just know how to get the most of it!
First they pay you.....to download agame to get gold or gems for another game...( only on android of coarse, iOS does not receive gold for downloading other games!)

Then when they find out a game is super popular and people are hooked on it....they start to reel you in!
Just a few gold needed here or there at first if you like to speed things along....
Then they keep pushing and pushing until finally you need to spend just to stay " in" the game!

kurebiz
10-03-13, 08:14 PM
And android users are supposed to pay 2000 gold for treasure dragon, when it finally reaches android game (if that ever happens), while iOS gets it for 800? Its bad enough that parity doesn't happen soon enough. Its worse when they make it sooo unfair.

nmishii
10-03-13, 08:24 PM
I played Dragon Story on Android for a goal about a year ago, and stopped before iOS got the trading stuff, so I can't comment on most of the list. But I do have a question on this:

1- ios users have more things than android why " because apple pays teamlava"

Does Apple pay people/companies when they submit something to the App Store? I would have thought the other way around. And does Google Play and Amazon App Store not do the same?

huha54
10-03-13, 11:12 PM
@eye_of_the_world: To clarify, this player is offering feedback about how Gold affects their gameplay experience. Please remember to be respectful of other forum members.

@huha54: Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience with the game and how you feel about how premium currency is used. Dragon Story is free to download and play. To maintain and grow the game it requires monetary support to pay for the servers, technology, the staff, and all the necessary components to keep the game going. You're not required to spend Gold to enjoy Dragon Story. We appreciate all of our players and their support for our games. We hope that if you're not currently satisfied, that you enjoy future updates and new content.

well dear thanks for replaying
we played lot of games but not like this one " each week u find that teamlava need more cash"
well i do not have any problem by buying golds so thats why i started by showing my golds and apples and my most dragons on lvl 10
and even going buy golds but the point of it that most players can not buy golds and after all we buy golds we find that we have to finish our golds without getting what we wanted
and some my friends left the game so its hurted me and do not want my more friends leave
and i missed midas dragon because of apple
well notice today all accounts of players over lvl 50 then after month check again u well see
thanks to all

Lorgalis
10-04-13, 01:10 AM
Keeping the balance between the costs for such a game and the $$ in the eyes of the company is quite a difficult thing - for the company. Because if the Gamers begin to think that they are beind depleted of their money for everything (i.e. the features are too expensive, too low dropping rates, etc. pp.) they desert their support and the total for company falls instead of rises. Making features too cheap is a tricky thing, also. Keeping the show going costs, and those costs sum up every month. I have a personal limit of maximum $ I spend for Games, totally - and do not exceed this limit, regardless what dragons or what else (other Games) popps up or disaqqears.

Even Android-Gamers invest some money (I still do) so the argument is invalid that only Apple-Gamers pay the bill. Beside the fact that this is the reason why I do not understand that the Android versions have 30 or 40 dragons less (!!) then the Apple version and missing much features (Okay, I do not need such Tournaments or Crafting stuff, breeding is sufficient for me). It is a commercial fail in my eyes (yes, I am talking about the parity issue here).

[third party reference] Why should this not being the case with TL? They soon are going to realize that a changing in strategy might not be the worst idea ever, especially regarding the one-sided Apple-Support, but also in making money with it. I have time and it is not my bill that have to be paied by TL.

The_Real_Chris_B
10-04-13, 01:38 AM
Pony, my issue here is that you say the company needs money to maintain and grow the game. Sure, that's fine. Every company does what they do for money. That's a given. It's a part of business. Perfectly understandable.

However, for one, most things are ridiculously overpriced. From what I remember, some individual dragons cost as much as a full retail game for a home video game console! Just for a single dragon! I won't even go further into how skewed that issue is.

Secondly, the "growing" part... from what every Android player says, it seems that the only thing growing is the iOS version of Dragon Story. How can a whole demographic be segregated/discriminated against and still be expected to understand that TL needs all this money?

I don't mean any disrespect, of course. I just cannot comprehend what the higher ups at TL are thinking. It's frustrating. I've seen the "we're working on it" responses, in case someone was planning on responding to me with that. As the days, weeks, and months go by and nothing changes, it's just another case of the boy who cried wolf.

yayacupcake
10-04-13, 02:26 AM
The prices for things definitely need to be revamped. Ultra rares should cost no more than $20, Super Rare $10, Rare $5 and common should be able to be bought with coins. The fact that a single dragon could cost as much as a retail console video game seems a bit much.

mrarfan
10-04-13, 04:13 AM
Pony, my issue here is that you say the company needs money to maintain and grow the game. Sure, that's fine. Every company does what they do for money. That's a given. It's a part of business. Perfectly understandable.

However, for one, most things are ridiculously overpriced. From what I remember, some individual dragons cost as much as a full retail game for a home video game console! Just for a single dragon! I won't even go further into how skewed that issue is.

Secondly, the "growing" part... from what every Android player says, it seems that the only thing growing is the iOS version of Dragon Story. How can a whole demographic be segregated/discriminated against and still be expected to understand that TL needs all this money?

I don't mean any disrespect, of course. I just cannot comprehend what the higher ups at TL are thinking. It's frustrating. I've seen the "we're working on it" responses, in case someone was planning on responding to me with that. As the days, weeks, and months go by and nothing changes, it's just another case of the boy who cried wolf.

I definitely agree with you!
All other game developers need money to pay bills and stuff but why TL need to make the game more harder to get money?

eye_of_the_world
10-04-13, 04:57 AM
I definitely agree with you!
All other game developers need money to pay bills and stuff but why TL need to make the game more harder to get money?

Because money talks ;)

karamsay
10-04-13, 10:28 AM
I think it is reasonable that Team Lava needs money to keep the game up and running. Any developer would. However, it takes only common sense to realize that players are not going to spend money on gold if:

1.) They can expect to just lose it in a gold trap. Including but not limited to items or speed ups purchased with no confirmation. I personally have no sympathy for those that steal and *****, and that is what a gold trap is. So the "Oh, but we have to pay the bills!" excuse now falls on deaf ears for this reason.

2.) The game features are broken or missing. For iOS this includes "beta tests" that go on indefinitely, ignoring our feedback about features that do not work and/or refusing to fix or change them. For Android, it is the constant crashing and lag, in addition to the obvious feature parity.

In summation, Team Lava, if you want to be able to play the "money for servers, developers, etc." card you need to cultivate a customer base that has an active interest in you keeping the lights on, instead of creating an angry mob by lying, *****ing, and stealing.

AnonymousNoOne
10-04-13, 10:59 AM
Vote for Team Lava by buying GOLD!!

Really I never buy gold, I have 94 dragons a diamond dragon and 6 of its hybrids and over 24 million coins saved up.
I dont buy gold because I got bills to pay :(

mrarfan
10-05-13, 12:20 AM
Vote for Team Lava by buying GOLD!!

Really I never buy gold, I have 94 dragons a diamond dragon and 6 of its hybrids and over 24 million coins saved up.
I dont buy gold because I got bills to pay :(

Same! I never buy Gold :P
I can't buy Gold though... miserable life :P

huha54
10-06-13, 11:45 AM
Same! I never buy Gold :P
I can't buy Gold though... miserable life :P

well i start buying golds to work better on my island but since that got worse no chancess
i think i have to stop buying from now on or stop playing

Emmzo123
10-06-13, 03:17 PM
I cannot and will not buy gold for dragon story.
1) my parents will not buy anything in game because it costs far too much, and we don't have much money

2) I'm on android, and all the money android users pay goes towards the iOS version of the game.

3) if people didn't buy gold maybe TL would realise that high prices won't work, but there are many people out there that are filthy rich and just spend spend spend.

No feedback, no improvements means no gold.