PDA

View Full Version : The Barracks

mikado86
10-03-13, 12:42 PM
Newest building allows you to go into adventures, the SAME adventures, same requeriments, but you need to wait 2 days, not one, here is some screenshots so you guys can start stocking some items

**note (AW): price of building and building requirements may vary

Building itself cost 300 GEMS and aditional requeriments

http://s17.postimg.org/3svgxl3ov/2013_10_03_12_24_50.png

http://s17.postimg.org/y03t5scfj/2013_10_03_12_25_00.png

http://s13.postimg.org/khqklnorr/2013_10_03_12_25_52.png

http://s13.postimg.org/3ovb9hmp3/2013_10_03_12_26_14.png

http://s13.postimg.org/rjoi7usdj/2013_10_03_12_27_11.png

http://s13.postimg.org/er0e7xgrr/2013_10_03_12_27_35.png

http://s13.postimg.org/g4s138g13/2013_10_03_12_27_57.png

http://s13.postimg.org/fyixdvw9z/2013_10_03_12_28_42.png

It will most likely have you go to every adventure so you might start stocking those things

mikado86
10-03-13, 12:44 PM
Gem price is subject to change apparently, I got the worst deal but my care-o-meter is still very low

JayUK69
10-03-13, 12:52 PM
Mine is 360 gems. No way am I paying that after stupidly wasting 250 on the lame fortune teller tent. TL have had enough of my money and gems, won't be wasting any more.

mikado86
10-03-13, 12:54 PM
http://s9.postimg.org/5cog0p9jz/2013_10_03_12_51_19.png

http://s9.postimg.org/evtjgf7of/2013_10_03_12_51_51.png

Quest chain died at this point for me

sabbywabbys
10-03-13, 01:19 PM
The requirements at first was 4 fancy beams , 4 fancy blocks , 3 simple glue and 20 chickens when i collected all and went to build it, suddenly it changed to 4 royal beams 4 royal blocks 3 super glues and 5 longswords.. Whats up with that???

tigeress2474
10-03-13, 02:10 PM
I thought I read somewhere that TL said they would NEVER put a time limit on a quest that need to bought with gems?

Anyways TL you are nuts to think most of us will pay those gems for this garbage?

claver1
10-03-13, 02:20 PM
Took me some time to save up for the fortune teller *250gems* (fell for some gem traps aswell while saving up)
And now...360 gems for this..
Should just been a building for coins with high end building requirements.

Queenzod
10-03-13, 02:37 PM
I can't decide whether to get this or not. It's about $8.70, which isn't so bad for me since I have no life and never go anywhere so this game is my main form of entertainment. OTOH, I barely send my knights out now on adventures. Prolly only 3 times per week. I don't really need another building I won't use so much. OTOOH (on the other, other hand), it is darn cute.

For those complaining about the gem cost, buy it or don't. You can still play the game just fine. And I don't think there's another game out there that you can play this intensely this long for very little cost, so I don't understand what the complaints are about. TL doesn't work for free (at least I don't think they do). They have families and need to put food on the table just like everyone else. I don't mind spending $10/month to help them out. I get such pleasure from this game and sometimes it's only occluded when I get on this forum and start reading all the complaining.

I think I was bitten by Grumpy Cat today. :)

mikado86
10-03-13, 02:41 PM
I can't decide whether to get this or not. It's about $8.70, which isn't so bad for me since I have no life and never go anywhere so this game is my main form of entertainment. OTOH, I barely send my knights out now on adventures. Prolly only 3 times per week. I don't really need another building I won't use so much. OTOOH (on the other, other hand), it is darn cute.

For those complaining about the gem cost, buy it or don't. You can still play the game just fine. And I don't think there's another game out there that you can play this intensely this long for very little cost, so I don't understand what the complaints are about. TL doesn't work for free (at least I don't think they do). They have families and need to put food on the table just like everyone else. I don't mind spending $10/month to help them out. I get such pleasure from this game and sometimes it's only occluded when I get on this forum and start reading all the complaining.

sending you friend request because I like you already

alidc73
10-03-13, 03:57 PM
Is it priced differently for different people...? That doesn't seem fair...

meme1098
10-03-13, 04:05 PM
No kidding. Like going to the store to buy milk and the guy in line in front of me pays one price and I pay a totally different one. Makes no sense.

alidc73
10-03-13, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I thought about getting it until I read about it here, and now I refuse just because of that. :(

ajax1964
10-03-13, 06:30 PM
You know I have no patience, Barracks up, lol. Is it me or are buildings getting smaller? Takes up 4 squares. Haven't done a mission yet, but for the gems I'm underwhelmed

morgaine2005
10-03-13, 07:00 PM
Two gem buildings so close together does seem a bit much. At least this one gives royal points, unlike the tournament grounds or the coin pit also known as the Golden Obelisk. Also, I don't need to be re-introduced to quests I've already done multiple times, thanks.

Although, funny story. I get the notification of an update -- whee! A new building! Then I look at my board. Uh oh -- running low on space. Better expand. Purchase a cheap expansion, move all the trees, rocks, etc., out of the way, then go to place the building ...

360 gems. *facepalm*

And you know what's even better? I used up all my wisp lanterns but one on that expansion. And I'm trying to get enough royal points to expand to the Forgotten Roost. The building I'm building to get there? The Lumin Cathedral.

Friends, if you're reading this, please send me earth wisps. I'm going to need them.

preinsko
10-03-13, 09:28 PM
I like the way you think. Very often people forget that humans actually build the apps. I agree 10.00 per month is cheap entertainment.

journeysmom
10-03-13, 10:20 PM
My barracks will cost 240 gems. since I only check in this game once a day at best, and have not net the boys out on an adventure in a long time, I will not be purchasing this building until I am convinced it is worth it.

But!! There IS a new expansion! One plot, but now I need an expansion permit (I have none)!

blurbie
10-03-13, 10:22 PM
I had to get it. 5 day limit, I want it. Why? To be honest to what I asked of TeamLava. We want an update, here one is. I personally asked for something non-witchy, here it is. The fortune teller was on the edge for me, so I didn't get it, nor the wizard school. I was tempted because it had been awhile since we had anything besides upgrading to work toward, but I don't want those buildings.
Just in case this update coming might have things I prefer not to have in my happy little kingdom, I want this knights' barrack before the deadline is up. Also, I want TL to know I live this game and its updates. They will work on the game that proves most profitable. I hope it is Castle Story!

DeeDeeBird70
10-03-13, 10:44 PM
My market price said 240, when I bought it 300 gems were subtracted. What gives? Team Lava plays around with varied stuff too much. But don't deceive us.

sabbywabbys
10-04-13, 01:19 AM
Mine was only 240 gems too

Cesar49
10-04-13, 01:50 AM
No kidding. Like going to the store to buy milk and the guy in line in front of me pays one price and I pay a totally different one. Makes no sense.

My post on the previous thread (post 61) makes a comment about this! Haven't time to enter it again.

By the way moderators - couldn't the two threads be merged? They are very similar!

ahera
10-04-13, 05:23 AM
My barracks costs 360 gems...

minndom
10-04-13, 05:34 AM
For me 240 gems. I just had bought the Fortune Teller and don't have enough gems for this. On the other hand I cannot cook feasts fast enough to have more than one adventure on daily basis. Sweet feasts seem to take 2-3 days to make on my spare time.

wassupbaby
10-04-13, 05:47 AM
unless they release 3rd kitchen , i'm not gonna buy it cause i cant make enough feasts for 2 adventures. Besides, like many of you ,i just bought the fortune teller so ...
Need more promotion goals :)

dragonolic
10-04-13, 05:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vyGw03o.jpg

shbrown_2002
10-04-13, 06:13 AM
Doesn't the quest expire in X number of days? If so, then the TL statement is still true. They are not LEAVING the quest in your logs. It will eventually expire and no longer show up.

wassupbaby
10-04-13, 06:14 AM
well, glimmergate literally said ''never leave a quest in your log... '' and the quest will disappear in 5 days so ... glimmergate is still right ... in 5 days .

Cesar49
10-04-13, 06:41 AM
Just wondering why I need the barracks for the (tiny) knights when there's a dirty great Knights' Hall standing right by my castle! If they want to have a rowdy feast and start throwing punches they can do it in their own place, not mine!

Leilani613
Mine was 300 gems. I do wish the price had been 240 for everyone, but it doesn't bother me that much. If you compare prices at the supermarkets around here, you'll find that the prices on some things will vary between locations. As for the guy in line in front of me paying a different price, it does happen. I've been sitting in line at the gas station when they changed the prices mid day. If you were on the lot before they changed the price, you got the old price. If you pulled in just after they changed it, you paid the higher price.

mikado86
By the way moderators - couldn't the two threads be merged? They are very similar!

I recommend using THIS thread for actually questions about the building or quest requirements and the other for complaining about your lack of gems, weather, and whatnot

mikado86
10-04-13, 06:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vyGw03o.jpg

Keyword "L-E-A-V-E"

They wont LEAVE the quest in your log, wait 5 days and all the people complaining that wont pay the gems wont have to deal with that dire quest in your log and you

JayUK69
10-04-13, 06:48 AM
Mine was 300 gems. I do wish the price had been 240 for everyone, but it doesn't bother me that much. If you compare prices at the supermarkets around here, you'll find that the prices on some things will vary between locations. As for the guy in line in front of me paying a different price, it does happen. I've been sitting in line at the gas station when they changed the prices mid day. If you were on the lot before they changed the price, you got the old price. If you pulled in just after they changed it, you paid the higher price.

That is totally different, it's different prices for different stores, plus gas is to do with inflation. This is a game by the one company for virtual items. Nothing to do with location, my iPad game is 360 gems and my iPhone game is 240. They have no excuse for reason for charging varying amounts apart from greed. The sooner these games are governed properly the better.

wassupbaby
10-04-13, 06:52 AM
i wonder when is the part the mod or CM step out and defend TL by saying sth like ''They're testing the price '' LOL :D

sapphire_dreams
10-04-13, 09:15 AM

I totally agree with you. We play for free so we have no right to complain. At the end of the day, the games are a business which means it needs to generate income.

JayUK69
10-04-13, 09:29 AM
I totally agree with you. We play for free so we have no right to complain. At the end of the day, the games are a business which means it needs to generate income.

Which most don't have a problem with, we all have the choice to pay or not. However, varying costs for different players isn't fair in the slightest. TL will lose out on more revenue from players like myself who refuse to pay the 360 when others are getting it for 120 less.

cashler87
10-04-13, 10:26 AM
Considering I'm still waiting for my Alicorn parts and haven't finished the Dragon goal there's no way I am about to spend 360 gems on a building! I play daily and go on quests daily there's absolutely no reason why should not have the Alicorn parts. I'm mean seriously its been 8 months!

meme1098
10-04-13, 11:30 AM

Gas prices are set according to the barrel price which is set by OPEC, by blends according to the season, and just because the oil company wants to increase their profit line. (Oh gee, don't get me started on the greed of the oil companies.Billions & that's not enough.).
The game is free alright but if TL wants to keep players/customers, they need to treat them fairly. Setting such a wide price gap for the same item is one great way to alienate their customers. And that bad feeling will just trickle down to other games.

ghjvcucjb
10-04-13, 11:45 AM
I know its really soon to be asking this but I also know that some have sped things up with gems: Have we found out if the Barracks regularly gives out gems and how many?

My dilemma is that a promised big October update is about to arrive. I'm assuming (yes, I know what that does) that it will probably include gem only buildings, decor, etc. I'm curious as to why there is such a short offering period for the Barracks, if not to make us panic and rush to buy it. So if I do get it, will I not have enough gems for the new update items. As for "just buy more gems", my system is unable to do that with TL games. Other games ok, iTunes, ok, but not TL games. I worked with tech support on this for two weeks, so "just buy more gems" is not a viable option for me. So trying to gather as much info before I make a decision. If it produces a good return of gems on a regular bases then I feel it may be worth it for me.

CottageRose
10-04-13, 12:09 PM
I would love to have a new different building to add variety to my kingdom. I don't think I can keep up with more than one quest a day. Although I regularly buy/spend gems (as some of my neighbors have noticed), I really don't want to spend 50% more gems than others for a building that will essentially be a decoration in my kingdom.

I doubt I will buy the barracks, and it pains me to say that, but under the current conditions, I just don't see it being worth it for me.

Leilani613
10-04-13, 01:25 PM
Gas prices are set according to the barrel price which is set by OPEC, by blends according to the season, and just because the oil company wants to increase their profit line. (Oh gee, don't get me started on the greed of the oil companies.Billions & that's not enough.).
The game is free alright but if TL wants to keep players/customers, they need to treat them fairly. Setting such a wide price gap for the same item is one great way to alienate their customers. And that bad feeling will just trickle down to other games.

I wasn't trying to start a debate, just pointing out the different scenarios where I've seen the same company charge different prices to different people on the same day. :) I'm with you on the oil companies, but this one was all on the gas station. The guy right behind me was fueling up from the same delivery that I was, but paid more. Anyway we digress.

Back on topic, I just wish I had looked to see what materials I need to build it before I bought it. Now I spent gems and it's just sitting there mocking me. Oh well, I'll get it built sooner or later if I can focus on what I need.

princedave108
10-04-13, 02:06 PM
The cost of the barracks is 300 gems for me today. Yesterday it cost 360 gems. I wonder if the price will go up and down? Of course, now I'm asking myself if I shouldn't buy it now before it goes back up in price? Or if I don't buy it now, will it go down in price? Will I get it for cheaper if I wait another day or two? Hummmm!!

meme1098
10-04-13, 02:10 PM
That's okay Leilani, btw, love that name. I wasn't either. I can see that happening at a gas station. At the top of my sh-- list: oil companies, cable companies, and phone companies; not necessarily in that order. Oh, & politicians.
Just don't think it's good business practice for a customer oriented company like TL.

cayla0505
10-04-13, 02:19 PM
Haha I was thinking the same thing! ;)

JayUK69
10-04-13, 02:36 PM
So they have adjusted it and made it 300 gems for all. Too little too late as far as I'm concerned. They should have done it from the start. I am still not paying for it when others were given it cheaper.

Cesar49
10-04-13, 02:39 PM
I recommend using THIS thread for actually questions about the building or quest requirements and the other for complaining about your lack of gems, weather, and whatnot

Interesting point, given that the thread started by Aggwyn has far more replies than this thread, and gives just as much information about building requirements and so forth. Having just read through both threads (yes, all of them!) I would say that there are just as many complaints on this thread as on the other. And as for complaints about the weather ... well, I'm English and we are masters at talking about the weather, so certainly don't require this thread for that or any other whatnot.

ghjvcucjb
10-04-13, 02:59 PM
The weather in my kingdom is a little overcast today. Looks like rain so will probably hold off building anything. Wouldn't want any of my knights rusting in their armor!

princedave108
10-04-13, 03:17 PM
Mine is back up to 360 gems!

kyra454
10-04-13, 03:21 PM
Mines has went from 240 to 360. Definitely not buying it now. Should have put everyone's to 240 !

mikado86
10-04-13, 03:24 PM
Interesting point, given that the thread started by Aggwyn has far more replies than this thread, and gives just as much information about building requirements and so forth. Having just read through both threads (yes, all of them!) I would say that there are just as many complaints on this thread as on the other. And as for complaints about the weather ... well, I'm English and we are masters at talking about the weather, so certainly don't require this thread for that or any other whatnot.

My main point to make that suggestion was the simple fact that when i did this post it was far too late in Aggwyn's post and the screenshots with the requirements and whatnot would have been in the second, third or whatnot page, from my point of view making pointless for anyone looking for this kind of information since most people either see it on the first two couple of posts or just go ahead and ask the question that might as well been answered a hundred times in the same thread. So i just let that decision to some forum mod.

Also as a personal rule from now on I refuse to type back at any conversation involving gem crying, this is just ridiculous.

Cesar49
10-04-13, 03:28 PM
Also as a personal rule from now on I refuse to type back at any conversation involving gem crying, this is just ridiculous.

Well that's a relief!

idkat
10-04-13, 03:46 PM
Mine went from 240 to 360. Definitely out of my league now. I am not getting the gem bonuses from other games in castle story as I know some of my neighbours are, so that isn't an option. I also have trouble keeping up with daily quest for the keep. I got the fortune teller and it is pretty much a non event. I had thought it might put a bit of life back into the game but I wish I had saved my gems.

sdwombat
10-04-13, 05:11 PM

With all due respect, Cesar was not "gem crying" as you so inelegantly put it--she was merely pointing out the pricing inequity perpetuated for whatever odd reasoning by TL!!!!

thistledom
10-04-13, 06:38 PM
300 gems for me yesterday and earlier today, to purchase the Barracks. Now it is 360 gems for me to purchase the Barracks. Really?!?! Teamlava why the cast system for your players? Why don't you treat us all the same? I was going to buy the Barracks. Now I am seriously reconsidering it!

DrP4ever
10-04-13, 07:20 PM
Yesterday my gem cost was 240, I currently have 202, today my gem cost is 360!!!!!!!!!

eicyarg
10-04-13, 08:34 PM
Same thing happened to me!! Was ready to purchase with 240 gems and now price is 360 gems!! Can hardly cook enough for the quests now, so barrack's purchase is now way in future.

pipsqueak203
10-05-13, 01:48 AM
My gem cost said 240. I bought some gems straight away, tapped to buy the barracks, spent 300 gems. I feel a bit *****ed there.

vednir
10-05-13, 01:57 AM
Intriguingly my cost went from 240 to 360 today after I complained here.

minndom
10-05-13, 02:18 AM
Mine went up as well.:confused:

trendy4u
10-05-13, 02:52 AM
My price was 240 and now it's 360 I officially quit this game. That's really unfair. People already purchased this for around 200 gems and now they raise the price I think this game just got to be sickening with the unfair price increase

wassupbaby
10-05-13, 03:21 AM
oh well , so i'm not the only one =.=

Spelletje1
10-05-13, 04:33 AM
I think I do the same. No fun anymore with 2 gem buildings. Also mine was 240 en is now 360.

michelle4102
10-05-13, 04:49 AM
Hey Team Lava! I don't save gems as it's too easy to tap the wrong thing and they disappear. Barracks went from 240 to 360 and the gems are not on sale so I'd have to buy a pack of 530 gems at 19.99 to buy the barracks. Holy smokes, that's one expensive little building and I think the benefit of the building is questionable at that cost.... Who made this executive decision? Are they still employed?

llamafarms
10-05-13, 06:50 AM
Barracks went from 300 to 360 gems over night. Not cool.

meme1098
10-05-13, 07:06 AM
Mine went up too...from 240 to 360. Wow that's one big jump! Not cool TL.

journeysmom
10-05-13, 07:51 AM
Yup, gem price went up for me too. No way in HE(double hockey sticks), am I going to pay that. I was slowing down on CS anyway, but now what is the point? Used to spend actual money, but not now!

outfildr
10-05-13, 09:03 AM
Well what about those of us who had to purchase it for 360 gems to begin with. I never even had the opportunity to purchase the barracks for 240 gems only 360. I thought 360 gems was a bit steep and thought it unfair for those of us who never had the opportunity to purchase for 240 gems. I think there was so much complaining on here on everyone's part that TL finally decided to make it a fair playing field and just raised it for everyone to pay 360 gems.

stuffedmounts
10-05-13, 09:45 AM
The barracks for me were 240 gems last night. This morning? 360 gems. If I were to buy it now, I would feel like a victim of abuse. I refuse to spend my hard earned money to feel like that.

caius76
10-05-13, 09:52 AM
Adding my thumbs down, for whatever little it may be worth. Mine went from 360, to 300, back to 360. Get it together, TL. I've spent real money in the past, but have no desire to do so again. Everyone should have started with the same cost.

mica4817
10-05-13, 10:47 AM
Thursday the barracks was 300 gems, today it's 360, I'm not wasting my gems on that. It's bad enough that I wasted gems on the fortune teller

princedave108
10-05-13, 12:35 PM
Yes the fortune teller sucks!

claver1
10-05-13, 12:37 PM
Wish i could sell the fortune teller back for gems

Triple_K
10-05-13, 01:11 PM
Sheesh some people can be so rude! So what if players are complaining about gem prices...they have every right to. Guess they are supposed to just accept that (well that's pretty much what it's going to be because TL is not gonna budge since nothing changed from last time this happened) and therefore TL will always want to do this. I do support having gem buildings now and then because CS is a great game with amazing graphics, and their staff do need to get $$ but I don't agree with different gem prices. It truly does make you feel *****ed. I did buy the barracks because I have been saving up gems for awhile, mine was $300 but I sure did wish I had gotten the cheapest price. Thankfully I've not fallen prey to gem traps lately, I try to be super careful about gem traps, I lost too many gems in the early stages of playing.
I think someone was asking if barracks gave gems, well collected from it for the first time today and got no gems. Did the desert adventure, I got 1 royal beam, 1 enchanted beam, 1 ornate block, and some energies. That's was all

Triple_K
10-05-13, 01:17 PM
I actually thought it was a ridiculous point! Lol but agree with everything else u said haha

Triple_K
10-05-13, 01:22 PM
When I sent out the knights to do a quest, I'm not sure if it mattered which buidling I used, but I was under the assumption the quest line was for the barracks. Anyhow the quest registered and completed for my regular queens keep instead of the barracks. Not sure if anyone else experienced this also?

mikado86
10-05-13, 03:03 PM
I think someone was asking if barracks gave gems, well collected from it for the first time today and got no gems.

Barracks do give gems, AND items, just as regular castle, its not 100% of the time and you were unlucky.

Triple_K
10-05-13, 04:16 PM
Barracks do give gems, AND items, just as regular castle, its not 100% of the time and you were unlucky.

Ok thanks for clearing that up, but it wasn't intended to imply it didn't give gems :) was just stating my first drops. I was expecting my first haul to be a good one. Kinda surprised I got no gems because after all it is a gem cost buidling. So far from doing adventures from my queens keep I've been getting gems every adventure even if it's just one.

JayUK69
10-05-13, 05:08 PM
I'm glad that my cost was 360 from the start as that put me off wasting more money on pointless buildings. Had it have been 240 like some, I would have ended up with another useless building like the fortune teller tent. Don't see the point in the barracks unless you're still waiting for burning ember, in which case it doubles your chances. Not that that would make much difference with how rare they drop anyway.

In future I'm not going to complain about overly high gem costs, we should be thanking TL for actually saving us money. The more of these they keep releasing, the less it will cost me.

SpuriousNotion
10-05-13, 07:57 PM
I was taking my time with this and decided today was the day I was going to spend the 300 gems for the barracks. Five minutes ago I look and, to my horror, see my cost had gone up to 360. I'm now going to do some serious consideration if its important to me to have this thing, more from a matter of principle than an extra 60 gems. I haven't posted often and never a complaint on the forum before as I approach my own one year anniversary with this game, but this actually made me mad!

tigeress2474
10-05-13, 10:14 PM
I wasn't going to buy it but I did. It said 240 but it took 360. TL you are so WRONG

justk9188
10-06-13, 03:16 AM
I hope the price will go back to 300 gems.
This situation happened once with Witch Academy.
Let it be for a while.

queenaleecia
10-06-13, 04:10 AM
That is totally different, it's different prices for different stores, plus gas is to do with inflation. This is a game by the one company for virtual items. Nothing to do with location, my iPad game is 360 gems and my iPhone game is 240. They have no excuse for reason for charging varying amounts apart from greed. The sooner these games are governed properly the better.

Thank you jay. Finally someone with common sense.

bsohn
10-07-13, 10:35 AM
I was taking my time with this and decided today was the day I was going to spend the 300 gems for the barracks. Five minutes ago I look and, to my horror, see my cost had gone up to 360. I'm now going to do some serious consideration if its important to me to have this thing, more from a matter of principle than an extra 60 gems. I haven't posted often and never a complaint on the forum before as I approach my own one year anniversary with this game, but this actually made me mad!

I had the same issue but I was definitely going to buy it at 300, Had 299 gems didn't want to buy one more as I had quests and the purple cow, Got that 1 gem, went back 360... That Sucks... Guess now I will have to wait and decide.. I don't like the arbitrary changes I think that if they are going to have different prices they need to set the price and then have limited time offers to those that the want to give it to, this is what stores do all the time (ie coupons) but the think is it has to be known that it is limited and you are supposed to have an expiration. I'll admit I benefited from a couple of the cheaper buildings than others but those also changes IE my first Wizard school was 200 my second cost me 300 but I never did get the top 350 on that one (it is now at 200)(I think those were the numbers i paid). Im wondering if after the temporary quest line dies the price doesn't go back to 300 for all as I believe the wizard school is now standardized.

madcool8
10-07-13, 10:23 PM
I much rather get an extra kitchen then get the barrack. Barely have enough to go on daily quests.

Anyuszko
10-08-13, 02:15 AM
I can earn enough food for sending knights on 2 adventures paralell. Playing daily.

princedave108
10-08-13, 12:54 PM
I gave in and bought the barracks but only because they had a sale on gems!

JayUK69
10-08-13, 02:56 PM
So the barracks task expired and the quests still appeared. Was rather pointless them adding it in the first place, not much need to send out on quests more than once a day anyway.

mikado86
10-08-13, 04:30 PM
So the barracks task expired and the quests still appeared. Was rather pointless them adding it in the first place, not much need to send out on quests more than once a day anyway.

I disagree, adventures are your best bet into getting things like royal animals and burning embers (If not the only way since gem animals prices are ridiculous), for me that is totally worth to send my knights out of my kingdom instead of having them chilling in my tavern with thurston being equally useless

meme1098
10-09-13, 10:11 AM

You can do the quest by sending knights from queens court. Then you need to cook stew.

JayUK69
10-09-13, 11:17 AM
You can do the quest by sending knights from queens court. Then you need to cook stew.

That's why I said it was pointless as we can do the tasks without it. Unless you're one of the lucky ones who get rare drops from the quests often, then there isn't much point in sending knights out twice a day. Mine very rarely drops the odd gem or two and even rarer any royal animals etc...

I'm glad I didn't waste gems on another dud building. Learned my lesson from the fortune teller tent, which the only good drop was 5 gems. Won't waste any more gems unless it's on something worthwhile.

s_lynne
10-10-13, 12:22 AM
IMHO, I think buildings that require me to spend gems in order to purchase them SHOULD NOT require additional items to build them. Does that make sense?? I swear it sounded better in my head. Lol!!!

For me, the Barracks costs 360 gem. So, TL wants me to spend 360 gems for the Barracks, craft additional items to build it, but then reward me with only 6 gems when I complete the goal?? Um, I don't think so!

fitfunsparkle
10-10-13, 05:45 AM
I don't create enough enough food/feasts to go on more than one mission a day, sometimes not even that, so i didn't purchase the barracks. I'm happy with the stuff i get on those adventures and don't really need more. I am happy that the quest line continued even though i didn't buy the barracks. :)

amf0109
10-10-13, 11:42 AM
Love the game - disappointed you have to buy everything with gems !! I still havent received a wing for an alicorn!! Playing for months ! NO WING! Im not buying it or the barracks so sorry i guess its time to quit playing !!

maguar
10-10-13, 03:38 PM
Don't leave now; at least look at the new update (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59709-Castle-Story-10-10-2013-Update) :)

I hope you get you're wing soon

kyra454
10-10-13, 06:45 PM
Love the game - disappointed you have to buy everything with gems !! I still havent received a wing for an alicorn!! Playing for months ! NO WING! Im not buying it or the barracks so sorry i guess its time to quit playing !!

It took me about 7 months to get the wing and the horn so don't give up just yet !

tigeress2474
10-10-13, 07:43 PM
Sad to say but I am sick of TL not owning up to their mistakes. They refuse to give us the "confirm button" and also refuse to right their WRONG!
I went to buy my Barracks for 240 and as I bought it, it took 360 from me. Can't stand this.
Hate that I have worked so hard on these games for NOTHING. I found a few others that are better and not everything cost real money or have traps.

ac302
10-10-13, 08:14 PM
My barracks were always priced at 360 gems. Can I get a gem sale?

trendy4u
10-10-13, 08:59 PM
Sad to say but I am sick of TL not owning up to their mistakes. They refuse to give us the "confirm button" and also refuse to right their WRONG!
I went to buy my Barracks for 240 and as I bought it, it took 360 from me. Can't stand this.
Hate that I have worked so hard on these games for NOTHING. I found a few others that are better and not everything cost real money or have traps.

I feel you I literally hate this game now. I stopped playing since they increased the gem price on the barracks and today I checked in and was carefully scrolling through my exchange and poof 15 gems on gone and I check my inventory and I guess I bought lemonade !! That's the easiest for me to make and on top of that My finger wasn't near the purchase button .. Does team lava care? No so I don't and refuse to ever spend money which is how they would make money

First and last rant!

rene2222
10-10-13, 09:01 PM
I could not afford to buy the barracks, too much of gems needed for that. I always accidently speed something up, thus many gems wasted unnecessarily. and I don't think I will ever spend on doing gem purchase for CS.

Dabag
10-10-13, 09:11 PM
Alicorn parts: been playing since the goal was released and 7 months sounds about the time I finally was able to have one. that is 1 only. not even going to try for 2.

Do Not need Barracks building to do the Goals * if your goal listing EXPIRED! Tap FINISH and the goals will appear

Dabag
10-10-13, 09:42 PM
text version of The Barracks
CHAIN 9 Adventures: The Barracks Update October 04,2013
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59438-The-Barracks
Optional 5 day Limited Edition GEM Building
TLP: Allows you to go on the SAME adventure, SAME requirements as the Castle/Keep but from The Barracks the wait is 2 Days

1. The Barracks
. PLACE the Barracks
REWARDS 10 Gem 6xp

THE BARRACKS 360 Gems 880c/12hrs 100 RP
5 Longsword. 4 Royal Beam. 4 Royal Block. 3 Super Glue
Longsword Lv.15 Magic Forge 2hr> 5 iron ore. 1 jewel
Royal Beam Lv.14 Workshop 2hr> 2 fancy beam. 3 silver ore. 3 jewel
Royal Block Lv.14 Workshop 2hr> 2 fancy block. 3 silver ore. 3 jewel
Super Glue Lv.12 Potion Shop 2hr> 1 simple glue. 4 glimmerdust. 5 sap.

NOTE: Do Not need Barracks building to do the Goals * if your goal listing EXPIRED! Tap FINISH and the goals will appear.

2. Double The Adventures!
. ADVENTURE to the Ancient Vaults
1 Simple Feast & 1500 coin
REWARDS 1,800 coin 6xp

3. Knight Munchies
. CRAFT Hearty Stew
Hearty Stew Lv.14 Kitchen 2hr > 8 carrot. 8 roast chicken. 4 water
REWARDS 1,800 coin 6xp

4. Menacing Art
. CRAFT some(3) Red Banners
3x Banner Pole Lv.7 Workshop 3hr > 1 wood. 5 iron ore. 500 coin
3x Red Banner Lv.7 Workshop 3hr > 1 banner pole. 4 cow hide. 1 red dye
3x Red Dye Lv.7 Potion Shop 1hr > 6 red petals. 3 water
REWARDS 1,800 coin 6xp

5. Dark Knight
. ADVENTURE to the Dark Caves! (lv.20)
1 Spicy Feast. 2 Lumin Essence. 5,000 coin
REWARDS 1,800 coin 6xp

6. Drawing a Blank
. PLAN at the Library
REWARDS 1,800 coin 6xp

7. Sand Metal Boots
. TRAVERSE the Desert Sands! (lv.25)
1 Sweet Feast. 5 Light Armor. 9,500 coin
REWARDS 1,800 coin 6xp

DrP4ever
10-12-13, 03:27 PM
I don't have the barracks. Yes, I can still do the adventures but I have to send them out twice which takes two days and double the cost and double the feasts. If my gems hadn't been stolen so many times I would have enough gems to buy the barracks. And I'm not good enough or have the desire to reach levels 52 or islands 10+ to get more gems.

Dabag
10-15-13, 09:02 AM
I don't have the barracks. Yes, I can still do the adventures but I have to send them out twice which takes two days and double the cost and double the feasts.

did not receive the Gem offer for the Barracks BUT did receive the goal DOUBLE THE ADVENTURES

Yes, I too, sent out the knights on the Ancient Vault Adventure(from Castle) and when they returned & I collected my goal had not completed. Just sent them out again & the goal Completed (15/10 from Castle and will collect on their return tomorrow 16/10)

So I can confirm that it takes 2 of the same adventure from the Castle to complete the goal.

oh well, it does say DOUBLE THE ADVENTURES.

freesiawoods
10-16-13, 06:14 AM
I'm quite sure I only did one of each adventure, using the castle as I'm not buying gems to get the barracks, and now the Double the Adventures goal has disappearred, presumably completed.

MiniLaura
10-16-13, 06:23 AM
I'm quite sure I only did one of each adventure, using the castle as I'm not buying gems to get the barracks, and now the Double the Adventures goal has disappearred, presumably completed.
I'm certain that I did only one of each adventure. In fact, the goal completed for me when I sent the knights out--not when they returned.

kyra454
10-16-13, 03:11 PM
I'm certain that I did only one of each adventure. In fact, the goal completed for me when I sent the knights out--not when they returned.

Same with me. Was one adventure and the goal completed when I sent them out.

BlueAgate
10-16-13, 03:26 PM
It would have been nice if it didn't cost so many gems. I didn't buy them to get it and I wasn't impressed with the fact that its pretty much like the castle just takes longer. This to my way of thinking was a ridiculous thing to add. You would think if we're going to have a knights barracks that they would go out on different adventures not the same thing as the castle.

Capper7
10-18-13, 05:07 AM
For this thread, I did not buy the Barracks. But I have been able to send my knights out on the quests using the King's Keep (the quests registered with the game when I sent the knights; I only had to do each once). How do I unlock " Traversing the Desert Sands"? That's the point that I'm up to right now.

MiniLaura
10-18-13, 06:10 AM
For this thread, I did not buy the Barracks. But I have been able to send my knights out on the quests using the King's Keep (the quests registered with the game when I sent the knights; I only had to do each once). How do I unlock " Traversing the Desert Sands"? That's the point that I'm up to right now.
To unlock that goal, you have to follow Sabina's goal chain. More info can be found here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?50540-Princess-Sabina-Faire&p=609480&viewfull=1).

Capper7
10-18-13, 11:46 AM
Thank you very much! I finally got to expand to Sabina and now I am actually doing her goal chain. But I didn't know that quest was related to doing Sabina's quests. That means I'll get to that point eventually. OK.

Thank you again!

elaur
11-07-13, 06:04 AM
So did anyone buy the barracks and actually feel happy about it? I already feel adventuring takes. Too long. I don't want to buy something that makes it take longer. Especially with only two kitchens.

I'm not against gem buildings but can you make them worthwhile??

elaur
11-07-13, 06:06 AM
Adding:

I'm actually willing to buy gems to get this building but it's just not that great. At least it's better than that kingdom one that just drops money.

Castloninian
11-07-13, 07:06 AM
I didn't have enough gems to buy it so didn't. I am still not that interested, though if there are more time limited quests in future that require adventures then at least the Barracks ups your chances of getting them.

elaur
11-07-13, 07:58 PM
Ok someone shoot me. It's probably even posted in this thread. I bought the dumb thing and I can't do the glimmerdust quest I'm working on. Why can't i do glimmer gate??! It also doesn't have the valentines day quest.

Why do I feel the need to buy dumb gem buildings.

And still no mermaid scale item.

Castloninian
11-07-13, 11:51 PM

How many ponds/wells do you have? And do you have the first shard of the tablet? I have 4 ponds and 1 well and the shard and since I got that mermaid scales have been easy.

maguar
11-08-13, 01:49 AM
Ok someone shoot me. It's probably even posted in this thread. I bought the dumb thing and I can't do the glimmerdust quest I'm working on. Why can't i do glimmer gate??! It also doesn't have the valentines day quest.

Why do I feel the need to buy dumb gem buildings.

Don't feel bad. During the short glimmerbat quest it was helpful to have both. While looking for the gresalda stuff in the keep you can still do other adventures (particularly helpful if you're looking for a burning ember).

elaur
11-08-13, 10:32 AM
How many ponds/wells do you have? And do you have the first shard of the tablet? I have 4 ponds and 1 well and the shard and since I got that mermaid scales have been easy.

It really depends what is being built. I have about 15 ponds/wells but I use up the scales as I go lately.

Thanks Maguar I'm sure it will help me out in the long run.

tanbi1
06-16-14, 02:39 PM
2 day barracks mission for 2 simple glue, and some coins. Really?

doobievilla
06-16-14, 04:46 PM

Ancient Vault?

tanbi1
06-17-14, 07:35 AM
I thought it was Roaming Bandits if I remember correctly. :(

tanbi1
06-17-14, 07:36 AM
Thought it was supposed to be double the time, double the reward? Would rather have been smacked with a wet fish :(

belbar22
06-17-14, 08:23 AM
Thought it was supposed to be double the time, double the reward? Would rather have been smacked with a wet fish :(

Sure that can be arranged. :p

Queenzod
06-17-14, 08:37 AM

Lol! Doncha hate it when that happens? And then to be smacked with a wet fish!

Jir67
11-12-14, 03:24 AM
i stored enough gems to buy the barracks.

are they useful? Do the alicorn part drops for he barracks too? (I have 2 horn but no wings...)
I'm working for building the Faerie workshop, and I sent my kingt once to the plume adv. and once to another one (I have to prepare all thing needed....),

PurpleScorpion76
11-12-14, 05:18 AM
I don't have a barracks, some say they are worth it some don't. The way I see it you'll need twice the amount of feasts.

Castloninian
11-12-14, 05:52 AM
Barracks can be useful if there is a time limited quest which allows adventures from the Barracks. Also if you have enough feasts it is fun to do that extra adventure. I have one and used it all the time as well as the main castle, but at the moment I am maxed on so many things I don't always bother.

belbar22
11-12-14, 08:54 AM
I have the barracks and the only thing i like about it, is that I get extra energy from the adventures every other day. However as I am now maxed on all blocks and most beams, I am not sending any adventures out as there is no point as I don't need the energy to make more resources as I have loads of everything I need.

SpiritWind00
11-12-14, 02:47 PM
The first adventure I sent out from the barracks when it was released brought me back my first wing so that I could craft the alicorn. So, yes the barracks can bring back a wing or horn.

Note: the plume hive and feral lands adventures do not drop ALICORN parts.
Note: if you don't have the love shack building, you can only get an alicorn by buying it with gems.

Jir67
11-12-14, 03:19 PM
The first adventure I sent out from the barracks when it was released brought me back my first wing so that I could craft the alicorn. So, yes the barracks can bring back a wing or horn.

Note: the plume hive and feral lands adventures do not drop ALICORN parts.
Note: if you don't have the love shack building, you can only get an alicorn by buying it with gems.
This is the other reason whereby I still sending my knights in different adventures every other day...
I have the love shock building ��, I play CS for almost two years...

ryusei745
11-14-14, 09:48 PM
i think the barracks was totally worth it. currently trying to get the "maxed out on all adventures (unofficial) goal" done right now. unless TL decides to give us a love shack for purchase in February. then in the which case ill be up to 2 months of adventures straight by then.

it has been very useful during the events this year. pyre dragons, pyre festival, and the latest halloween one, if nothing else than the extra energy it gave me.