PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story Update: 10/03/2013

Aggwynn
10-03-13, 12:01 PM
Hi All,

We hope your Thursday is going well =)

We have a small update this week before the Lady in Red gets revealed! For this week, here is what we added:

-A new expansion near Thurston
-Another Adventure Building called "The Barracks". With this building you can go on another Adventure in parallel with the King/Queen's Court.

We hope you enjoy this update! We can't wait for next week!

jenj1971
10-03-13, 12:08 PM
You can only buy the Barracks with gems :( there is no fun in that :( I am heartbroken.
I don't mean to complain, I used to love Castle Story!!! Building the jousting arena was fun, we had to strategize and were able to "earn" it.... Sorry, it's just not very fun to buy some gems... Where is the challenge in that?
Anxiously awaiting the lady in red.
Thanks for the post Aggwynn :)

llamafarms
The Barracks cost 300 gems!!!!!! Very disappointed.

claver1
Why does the quest say it will only be up for 5 days? (The Barracks)

claver1
10-03-13, 12:09 PM
The Barracks cost 300 gems!!!!!! Very disappointed.

300? 360 gems here

oogajones
10-03-13, 12:09 PM
I just bought the barracks and it won't let me build it. I have all the materials but when I press build, nothing happens. I forced closed my game and no luck

jenj1971
10-03-13, 12:10 PM
And why would you spend 350 gems to earn 10???

tudou1
10-03-13, 12:10 PM
I just bought the barracks and it won't let me build it. I have all the materials but when I press build, nothing happens. I forced closed my game and no luck
I have same problem:(

rosym47
10-03-13, 12:15 PM
It's 240 gems with me. I am not buying unless there is more to this update than purchasing a building. And why so heavy on gems - disappointing so far.

ashleighncurrie
10-03-13, 12:16 PM
360 gems?! So I've only got to get another 350 in order to do this!!!

sugarzen6
10-03-13, 12:17 PM
300? 360 gems here

Mine is 360 as well.

I don't have the option to make expansion permits in my royal exchange for the new expansion.

jenj1971

I meant 300 gems...

claver1
Gonne take alot of Adventure's to save up these Barracks.... ''here we go''

Anyuszko
I thought I buy but wont until they fix it. Funny, expansion also bugged with no permit available. Two bugged nonworking update on the same day....

ApexErst
10-03-13, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by glimmergate in regards to the Fortune Teller "... First I just want to say that we will never leave a quest in your log that requires spending gems to complete - while the Fortune Teller is a gem building, the quests are just to unlock it in the store. ..."

Talk about a betrayal.

katbtodd
10-03-13, 12:18 PM
Hi All,

We hope your Thursday is going well =)

We have a small update this week before the Lady in Red gets revealed! For this week, here is what we added:

-A new expansion near Thurston
-Another Adventure Building called "The Barracks". With this building you can go on another Adventure in parallel with the King/Queen's Court.

We hope you enjoy this update! We can't wait for next week!
We still can't get the land... They royal exchange has not land permits

ghjvcucjb
10-03-13, 12:20 PM
Mine is 360 gems, sigh:(

jenj1971
10-03-13, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by glimmergate in regards to the Fortune Teller "... First I just want to say that we will never leave a quest in your log that requires spending gems to complete - while the Fortune Teller is a gem building, the quests are just to unlock it in the store. ..."

Talk about a betrayal.

its only going to be there 5 days.....

ginrae22
10-03-13, 12:21 PM
yeah I am super bummed. And why does everyone have different gem prices?! It's messed up. I was like ooooo new building?! Oh nevermind it's for what may as well be 1000s of gems. Boo.

judyvines
10-03-13, 12:23 PM
I just bought and built mine. It was 240 gems. Once it is built, you can use it to send your knights out on adventures. Looks like it takes two days instead of the normal one. The scale of the building is also miniature...kind of like the jeweler.

jjblueyes
10-03-13, 12:24 PM
I can't build my barracks. I see others can't as well. Anyone have any info on this issue? Thanks!

ApexErst
10-03-13, 12:24 PM
I saw the 5 day warning, but still, gems to complete a quest seems like a betrayal.

glimmergate
10-03-13, 12:28 PM
The Barracks build issue is fixed now! Please force close and reopen the app. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Triple_K
10-03-13, 12:30 PM
I can't build my barracks. I see others can't as well. Anyone have any info on this issue? Thanks!

I was able to build mine, 4 simple glue, 4 each fancy block and beam, and 20 roast chicken.
Mine cost 300. Adventure takes 2 days. By the way if anyone builds theirs wait for a goal to send them out on ancient vault adventure. I send them out right after building, so I have to wait till adventure is completed to do the goal.
Also I am now able to craft expansion permits, I forced closed and reopened then the option was there.

ashleighncurrie
10-03-13, 12:32 PM
So what's happening with the gem cost then? I'm not buying it if the price is then going to be sorted for all

maz3girl
10-03-13, 12:34 PM
Ugh, another building I will never get because I will never have that many gems. (I do not buy gems).

rosym47
10-03-13, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the info. Unless the Barracks produces super value items from the quests I will stick with using the keep for quests. It takes time to produce the quest requirements anyway. If you have bought the Barracks please keep us all posted as to the resulting booty.

miracle789
10-03-13, 12:40 PM
Mine cost 250 and couldn't build. After bug fixing and forcing closing and re-opening, building requirement changed: 3 super glue, 4 royal block, 4 royal beam, 5 longsword... Cost and building requirement both vary... Interesting...

jenj1971
10-03-13, 12:44 PM
I saw the 5 day warning, but still, gems to complete a quest seems like a betrayal.

I totally agree!!!

jenj1971
10-03-13, 12:45 PM
If I can buy 2 more kitchens I will purchase the gems for the building.
With only 2 kitchens it is impossible for me to try to have 2 adventures going at once anyway......

sheri59
10-03-13, 12:46 PM
Why does it cost different amount of gems for different users??

sheri59
10-03-13, 12:50 PM
I had to use 4 supper glue, 4 royal block, 4 royal beam, and something else, but not chicken to build for 300 gems. And adventures take 2 days! Why things are different for different users!!!

mlui65
10-03-13, 12:50 PM
You can only buy the Barracks with gems :( there is no fun in that :( I am heartbroken.
I don't mean to complain, I used to love Castle Story!!! Building the jousting arena was fun, we had to strategize and were able to "earn" it.... Sorry, it's just not very fun to buy some gems... Where is the challenge in that?
Anxiously awaiting the lady in red.
Thanks for the post Aggwynn :)

What's the point of playing earning all the money from crops,and buildings I've got over 10 million saved and the u bring an update that's for gems sorry but I won't be buying it losing interest in the game now

sheri59
10-03-13, 01:02 PM
Mine cost 250 and couldn't build. After bug fixing and forcing closing and re-opening, building requirement changed: 3 super glue, 4 royal block, 4 royal beam, 5 longsword... Cost and building requirement both vary... Interesting...

I had the same requirement to build, but it cost 300 gems for me! adventures take 2 days.

miracle789
10-03-13, 01:03 PM
Well, I see Teamlava really good at monetizing and can't blame for it, because they create awesome game and make money on that. As we've all learned in Economics, each person has different price sensitivity/acceptance, so it makes sense that cost varies. Anyway, let's do not get angry over this... In the end, we're all playing for fun. BTW, I noticed that there are some synching issues, e.g. the crops or materials I harvested don't add up and get lost. Please fix this bug. I threw up Farm story 2 because of this isssue. I can't throw Castle story as I already invested so much... Enjoy, guys!

Cesar49
10-03-13, 01:20 PM
I do think that after all the upset with the Wizard School, which cost 100, 200 or 300 gems depending on your luck (mine, of course, was 300!) Team Lava would have learned that players do not like varying prices, particularly when it's gems. Why on earth can't they take the middle price they have set, which I think is 250 gems, and make it the same for everybody? The price of the barracks for me is 360 gems - why am I not surprised?!

jimboser
10-03-13, 01:24 PM
Well, I see Teamlava really good at monetizing and can't blame for it, because they create awesome game and make money on that. As we've all learned in Economics, each person has different price sensitivity/acceptance, so it makes sense that cost varies. Anyway, let's do not get angry over this... In the end, we're all playing for fun. BTW, I noticed that there are some synching issues, e.g. the crops or materials I harvested don't add up and get lost. Please fix this bug. I threw up Farm story 2 because of this isssue. I can't throw Castle story as I already invested so much... Enjoy, guys!

Monetizing, yes, but infrastructure for monetizing, no.

Those 'barrel' deal packs were nice, but too many people had issues buying, and folks couldn't select the package they wanted. If there was a way to select from different deals offered at once, including a deal for new buildings, I'd gladly be forking over a few .99 cent purchases. I'm not about to buy gems though since they will just be wasted quickly by my fat fingers falling into gem traps. I think I've lost at least 30 this week alone speeding up things I didn't want to.

katbtodd
10-03-13, 01:24 PM
Think of all the games they gave us to play and earn gems lately ,,, I been saving like a bugger. , and making them with apple pies,,. And getting them from sir piggy and purple cow and dragon,,and the castle ,,so now may be we have another place we can earn gems,,,, Thanks TL

midnightmeerkat
10-03-13, 01:39 PM
Think of all the games they gave us to play and earn gems lately ,,, I been saving like a bugger. , and making them with apple pies,,. And getting them from sir piggy and purple cow and dragon,,and the castle ,,so now may be we have another place we can earn gems,,,, Thanks TL

Yes, I find that there are opportunities in game to accrue gems.... On my 2nd game I am 10 gems away from the 300 price.... On my ipad it was 240 and I still have gems left over

ghjvcucjb
10-03-13, 02:02 PM

Just to be sure I'm understanding you correctly, are you saying you HOPE the barracks will produce gems? Or you KNOW that the barracks produce gems? At 360 gems I don't want to buy it until we are sure.

Cesar49
10-03-13, 02:03 PM
It's not getting the gems that's the issue for me. I have never bought gems, save all those I can from games and exchanges, and have well over 450 gems saved at the moment. But why should I pay 360 gems when others have paid 240? Yes, it's a game with random elements, I get that. But I'm beginning to feel like I'm playing in a kids' board game where all the other kids get to start at 50 while I'm stuck down on square zero! The same arguments raged with the wizard school, so it looks like we're stuck with this lack of parity but it is really annoying.

MBRBTBRB
10-03-13, 02:34 PM
If I can buy 2 more kitchens I will purchase the gems for the building.
With only 2 kitchens it is impossible for me to try to have 2 adventures going at once anyway......
Same for me. Need more kitchens or there's no point having another quest building. Plus, it'll take months to save up enough gems anyway.

dragon2046
10-03-13, 02:35 PM
I agree. Sick of having to purchase gems to get things. The last two things the fortune teller and now the barracks both need more than two hundred gems. It would take forever in game to save that many gems and there is the added problem of touching the screen wrong and using gems that u didn't want to use. Should install a are u sure u want to use these gems for this so that u don't accidentally use gems u didn't want to use but I'm sure team lava loves when u use gems so u have to purchase more to go on. Will not be purchasing any more gems so I guess I won't be getting either the fortune teller or the barracks. Reached level 30 about to delete game unless they come up with ways to earn more gems.

princedave108
10-03-13, 02:48 PM
The barracks cost 360 gems for me! Was very disappointed too! And what is this 5 day thing? They better have a sale soon!

katbtodd
10-03-13, 03:02 PM
Just to be sure I'm understanding you correctly, are you saying you HOPE the barracks will produce gems? Or you KNOW that the barracks produce gems? At 360 gems I don't want to buy it until we are sure.

The castle give us gems... I let you know in two days when my first adventure come back ,,, and hope others will too

meme1098
10-03-13, 03:20 PM
The castle give us gems... I let you know in two days when my first adventure come back ,,, and hope others will too

I haven't gotten any gems from the knights adventures in weeks. They just quit dropping. I go on an adventure every day pretty much too. My barracks are 240 gems but the lack of parity across the board is very ridiculous. I don't blame anyone for being upset but why would anyone pay 300+ gems for something if you don't know the rewards. 2 day adventures should net some really rare items but I really doubt it.

ginrae22
10-03-13, 03:29 PM
I agree. Sick of having to purchase gems to get things. The last two things the fortune teller and now the barracks both need more than two hundred gems. It would take forever in game to save that many gems and there is the added problem of touching the screen wrong and using gems that u didn't want to use. Should install a are u sure u want to use these gems for this so that u don't accidentally use gems u didn't want to use but I'm sure team lava loves when u use gems so u have to purchase more to go on. Will not be purchasing any more gems so I guess I won't be getting either the fortune teller or the barracks. Reached level 30 about to delete game unless they come up with ways to earn more gems.

Yeah exactly! I do save my gems or gold or whatever in all my games and no matter what I do I end up accidentally using them up on stupid things I didn't want to because they purposely make it so easy to do so and refuse to give them back to us (trust me I've tried). So saving 300 or 360 which is how much it costs in my CS to buy the barracks is just never going to happen. Ok done with my rant.

jaybay1147
10-03-13, 03:57 PM
Why does TL always need you to purchase gems. :C

Half the time if I make gems installing other games, I loose them in gem traps.

petal209
10-03-13, 09:16 PM
I feel like a test subject the way this game is structured, as if every move we make is analyzed by computer and the results are poured over by MBAs and consumer psygologists. Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. I have over 200 gems but of course my barracks costs 360.

bunny2889
10-03-13, 10:46 PM
Massive gem cost so soon after the massive cost of the fortune teller?! Talk should have at least discount weekends, like where for one weekend only, heck, one day only, certain gem buildings are knocked down 20 or 30 gems. At least it's something, and I think it would be more appealing to hurry and purchase....

SybreTiger
10-03-13, 10:48 PM
Ummm.. a few weeks ago when the Fortune Teller update came, we were literally told "We will never give you quests that require gems to complete, the quests may just unlock a building that requires gems to buy."

Well, that's exactly what you did this time, gave us a quest that can only be completed by spending gems.

Stop outright lying to us TL. =/

mikado86
10-03-13, 11:26 PM
I think you guys missing the bigger picture here. A month ago you were complaining to the lack of updates. Now you are pretty much getting updates every week (human nature is just adorable). Sure. It might cost some gems. Ever though that maybe they actually need people to buy gems to say... Pay to the guys working on updates? Anyways this update is nothing out of the ordinary. Only a second adventure.

DrP4ever
10-03-13, 11:28 PM
Agreed! Very disappointed. I don't appreciate being lied to. We were told we wouldn't need to buy gems. There is no way to save that many gems since when I do earn them they get stolen accidentally when I have no intent on spending them. Very disgusted by the way this game has turned out. Why buy gems when they will get stolen from you with an accidental click!

mikado86
10-03-13, 11:32 PM

Barracks do produce gems. At least for me when I speeded up mine. Think of it as a very long term inversion. I dare to bet even items

oliverrr11
10-03-13, 11:57 PM
Way to go TL! You get us excited about a new update then ruin it immediately by charging everybody different gem amounts. Do you think I will pay 360 gems for the EXACT SAME THING others are paying 240 gems for??? No thank you. You can keep your barracks. I don't necessarily like it, but understand if you want to charge high gem amounts for certain items. But why then would you want to upset so many of your players when they see on here that they are being charged 120 more gems than others to get the same item? Anybody from Team Lava care to comment??

Anyuszko
10-04-13, 12:00 AM
Well, I was able to buy the fortune teller and two wizard schools only by collecting gems. Also, have many gems animals, some of them bought, some gotten from adventures. And I do not understand why people crying in this thread. This building is just a second adventure building. If you want it, you may buy with gold. If not, then not. What is the problem?

If you purchase gems and spend it on this building, you will have double chances (two adverntures) to earn rare things such as gems, gem animals, whatever. If you do not, then you still have the castle as you had before. Why is it a problem, that you have to buy gems/collect them for a long, for a "life-time" double chances of getting this rare things? I think this building worth more the gems (even 360) than the fortune teller with those usually useless fortunes.

ghjvcucjb
10-04-13, 12:21 AM
Barracks do produce gems. At least for me when I speeded up mine. Think of it as a very long term inversion. I dare to bet even items

Do you recall how many gems?

midnightmeerkat
10-04-13, 01:05 AM
I have just got Jewel Mania Halloween to play. It's giving me gems on CS .

I got a goal for 30 gems but I've reached the level targets so no extra gems for me

mikado86
10-04-13, 05:37 AM
Do you recall how many gems?

The same you would get in the adventures... I did the first one so I only got 1.

wassupbaby
10-04-13, 06:07 AM
Well, I was able to buy the fortune teller and two wizard schools only by collecting gems. Also, have many gems animals, some of them bought, some gotten from adventures. And I do not understand why people crying in this thread. This building is just a second adventure building. If you want it, you may buy with gold. If not, then not. What is the problem?

If you purchase gems and spend it on this building, you will have double chances (two adverntures) to earn rare things such as gems, gem animals, whatever. If you do not, then you still have the castle as you had before. Why is it a problem, that you have to buy gems/collect them for a long, for a "life-time" double chances of getting this rare things? I think this building worth more the gems (even 360) than the fortune teller with those usually useless fortunes.

if you read properly, you'll see the problem is the different price for no reason.Most of us dont mind(or dont care) gems buildings, but it's not fair to people buy the same product for different prices. Remember , it's not about the gems buildings , it's about how TL treats us .
Not to mention the Barracks goal only lasts for 5 days, therefore , if you dont buy the barracks for the next 5 days , the quest will disappear and you will never have the chance to complete it. Oh well , it'll be the first goal that i can't complete. Thanks for that TL !

Cesar49
10-04-13, 06:12 AM
To those people who say "Team Lava must make money" I totally agree. However, as a former businesswoman, I think asking different prices for the same product makes little sense. Many of those having to pay 360 gems will choose not to, either because they can't or because they won't. If the price was the same for all, at 300 gems say, most people would be happy to buy the barracks, and it would be seen as fair to all players. That in itself is powerful marketing, and the likelihood is that Team Lava would make more money as well!

jenj1971
10-04-13, 06:21 AM
I am just disappointed because of the past few Gem only items/ buildings....
At least with the Alicorn they gave us the opportunity to take the easy way out and buy it with gems or you had the option to do the goals and unlock and obtain it that way....
It's all about choices and sticking with the spirit of the game.
A few quests that led to unlocking the barracks and waiting for rare drops to obtain it, sounds like a fun challenge to me and something to look forward to so the game doesn't get boring.
To just purchase a building with gems is not very exciting!!!

sandbeed
10-04-13, 09:21 AM
To those people who say "Team Lava must make money" I totally agree. However, as a former businesswoman, I think asking different prices for the same product makes little sense. Many of those having to pay 360 gems will choose not to, either because they can't or because they won't. If the price was the same for all, at 300 gems say, most people would be happy to buy the barracks, and it would be seen as fair to all players. That in itself is powerful marketing, and the likelihood is that Team Lava would make more money as well!

I agree completely! I was going to buy gems for this building. I have played the game for a while, and thought it was time to show my appreciation monetarily. However, when I saw that my cost for the building is 360, while it is 250 for others, I changed my mind. It is unfair. I will not give my money to a business with such an unfair practice.

CottageRose
10-04-13, 12:03 PM
I don't mind spending gems, as my neighbors can attest. However, I am really torn about the barracks being different prices for different people. I probably can't keep up with more than one quest a day, which I get from the castle. The reason I want the barracks, is to have more variety in the buildings in my kingdom.

Given that I only want it to have more different buildings, I don't really want to pay the 360 it would cost me, 50% more than the 240 gems others are paying. This may be the first new building I pass on, and it does not make me happy to do so.

jenj1971
10-04-13, 12:15 PM
The different prices really stink!!!!!

rubyjeen
10-04-13, 01:10 PM
I am just disappointed because of the past few Gem only items/ buildings....
At least with the Alicorn they gave us the opportunity to take the easy way out and buy it with gems or you had the option to do the goals and unlock and obtain it that way....
It's all about choices and sticking with the spirit of the game.
A few quests that led to unlocking the barracks and waiting for rare drops to obtain it, sounds like a fun challenge to me and something to look forward to so the game doesn't get boring.
To just purchase a building with gems is not very exciting!!!

I agree. I enjoy playing this game. Going on quests, crafting materials, cooking up dishes. It took me over 6 months to get the alicorn parts, but that's the whole point of playing this game. I also spend a lot of time just arranging my kingdom so I like how it looks. I buy gold to speed things up occasionally, but if I just bought buildings and upgrades,etc, then I wouldn't be playing a game. Also I have trouble keeping up with the castle quests requirement, but that's the point of the game, grow food, cook dishes to go on the quests.

princedave108
10-04-13, 02:27 PM
You would think that they would offer the barracks for cheaper to those who buy gems regularly. The cost of mine went down from 360 to 300 gems today. I wonder if it will continue to go down or will it go back up? I have more than enough to buy it but I already buy gems regularly, so I was kind of upset when I found out that other people were getting it for less. Not good business!!

oliverrr11
10-04-13, 02:44 PM
You would think that they would offer the barracks for cheaper to those who buy gems regularly. The cost of mine went down from 360 to 300 gems today. I wonder if it will continue to go down or will it go back up? I have more than enough to buy it but I already buy gems regularly, so I was kind of upset when I found out that other people were getting it for less. Not good business!!

Mine went from 360 to 300 also. Then I looked again and they raised it back to 360! Any explanations TeamLava? Why the unfair price differences????

ghjvcucjb
10-04-13, 02:49 PM
Mine went from 360 to 300 also. Then I looked again and they raised it back to 360! Any explanations TeamLava? Why the unfair price differences????

Me too! I saw mine went down to 300 so I ran around to all my nbrs to let them know and when I went back to purchase it went back up to 360. Wow, no good deed goes unpunished.

JayUK69
10-04-13, 02:51 PM
My iPad went from 360 down to 300 and now back up to 360. My iPhone game was 240 went up to 300 and now up to 360. The only ones playing a game are TL, bad, bad business.

princedave108
10-04-13, 03:06 PM
Mine went back to 360 as well

irishmeagan
10-04-13, 03:16 PM
Mine was 240 yesterday. I was thinking of buying it. I waited to see if a gem sale would pop up. Now it's up to 360 and I won't buy it. Should have lowered everyone to 240.. I bet you would have seen more takers!

irishmeagan
10-04-13, 03:17 PM
I think it asks rubs people the wrong way to have a very RARELY updated game and then most new items are for gems.

ghjvcucjb
10-04-13, 03:21 PM
Why do I feel we're being tested? Maybe some super secret government agency in cohoots with an insidious alien race's plot to figure out the tipping point of the average human being. Later they will take this data and use it in a real world situation to distract the greater population from world dominance!

It could happen...

Queenzod
10-04-13, 04:51 PM
Why do I feel we're being tested? Maybe some super secret government agency in cohoots with an insidious alien race's plot to figure out the tipping point of the average human being. Later they will take this data and use it in a real world situation to distract the greater population from world dominance! ...

You just keep thinking, Butch. That's what you're good for. ;)

DrP4ever
10-04-13, 07:22 PM
Mine was 240 yesterday, I'm at 203 gems, today it went up to 360!!! Ridiculous!!!!

CottageRose
10-04-13, 07:36 PM
Mine bounced from 360 to 300, and now back to 360. Believe me, I support TL well enough that if I had bought shoes instead, I would have to give them their own closet. :D

As much as I want a new building that looks different, I won't be buying this one unless things change significantly - which is unlikely in the few days left before it disappears.

DrP4ever
10-04-13, 07:52 PM
Well now I have 200 gems because my big fat finger git the wrong thing and speeded up something and stole my gems!!!!!

catcrack
10-04-13, 08:36 PM
You just keep thinking, Butch. That's what you're good for. ;)
actually, she's no very butch at all. In fact, not butch at all. Be nice now.

(=^ェ^=)

Queenzod
10-04-13, 10:11 PM

(=^ェ^=)

It's a quote from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. With Paul Newman and Robert Redford. :)

ghjvcucjb
10-04-13, 10:36 PM

(=^ェ^=)
<blowing kisses>

It's a quote from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. With Paul Newman and Robert Redford. :)

Thank you for explaining. I was kind of confused with that one. But now I have to rent the movie and listen for the quote!

Spelletje1
10-04-13, 10:48 PM
I also bought often gems but never felt *****ed! This is the second building you can only buy with gems and not only that, on the last one there is the time limit. So, if you don't have the money to buy gems you just lose this one! Sorry, I find this low and specially in times like this. But you know, since some people still buy they will keep on doing this. Nobody should buy gems for a while. My building was 240 in the beginning and is now 360. With other words, "you lost your chance". For the first time I didn't play very often these last days, I kind of lost the pleasure in the game.

Queenzod
10-04-13, 11:16 PM
<blowing kisses>

Thank you for explaining. I was kind of confused with that one. But now I have to rent the movie and listen for the quote!

Sorry for the confusion! Nobody ever gets my humor. ;)

kolakid
10-05-13, 06:53 AM
Same here...was waiting as said 4 days to go & WAS thinking as 240 but came in to find NOW 360
Way to go TL!!! THNX for stopping me buying Gems!
DEFINITELY NOT BUYING NOW!

jenj1971
10-05-13, 08:27 AM
Sorry for the confusion! Nobody ever gets my humor. ;)

You always make me laugh :) lol
Can't wait for the next update!!!!

chewiecookie
10-06-13, 08:44 AM
I'm still trying to save up 200 gems for wizard school, and now I have to save up 360 more gems for barracks?? This is crazy! I suggest allowing us to build the barracks!

CatLadyy
10-06-13, 11:24 AM
Very happy about a new expansion spot, bummed at the price of the Barracks. But it is a beautiful building!

Queenzod
10-06-13, 02:51 PM
Very happy about a new expansion spot, bummed at the price of the Barracks. But it is a beautiful building!

The new expansion is really nice, isn't it? I've been bothered by that little pokey-out spot on the left for a long time, so this just takes care of that nicely. I did buy the barracks (who was I kidding with thinking I might not), and it's sharp looking. I have it next to my jewelers and I think they look mighty fine together. I did get one gem from my first quest. It would take forever to make back the cost if you're a non-gem buyer, so I understand the frustration. Golly I wish we could gift gems! I would even do it out of my own stash 'cos that's how much I love you guys.

Aw, shucks. Now you made me say it. :)

geripark
10-06-13, 05:00 PM
I went on a quest in the barracks and it said 2 days, now 2 days later it still says 2 days

geripark
10-06-13, 05:07 PM
I would really like more expansions to get to the round gold thing that says to claim expand to here

ggfdddgh
10-07-13, 09:36 AM
when it first appeared for me it cost 240 gems.
the next morning 300, and by the evening it was 360.....

and i think i remember when the fortune teller came out, teamlava said they won't put a goal that requires gems to complete, but the barracks are a goal.

Buggi79
10-07-13, 01:22 PM
Castle Story is the only one of their "story" games I've spent real money on as I'm a big fan. However, 360 gems is STEEP for one building. Are you guys that hard-up for money?

FlowerBurst
10-08-13, 06:18 PM
What gives!? My time ran out to purchase the barracks, and a "Finish" button appeared. When I clicked on it, the barracks goal was replaced with a new goal--Double the Adventures! The problem is that this goal cannot be accomplished without the barracks. So, I checked the Market and found the barracks--still listed for 360 gems! So, I guess I now have a goal that will never go away because I have no intention to add the barracks to my kingdom at that cost!

FlowerBurst
10-08-13, 06:45 PM
Hmmm...I looked at the new goal a little closer. I can get rid of it, but it will cost me 25 gems to skip it.

kyra454
10-08-13, 07:30 PM
What gives!? My time ran out to purchase the barracks, and a "Finish" button appeared. When I clicked on it, the barracks goal was replaced with a new goal--Double the Adventures! The problem is that this goal cannot be accomplished without the barracks. So, I checked the Market and found the barracks--still listed for 360 gems! So, I guess I now have a goal that will never go away because I have no intention to add the barracks to my kingdom at that cost!

I thought the same thing but thought id try sending my knights out on the adventure using my queens keep and it worked so you don't need the barracks to complete the goal thankfully !

kyra454
10-08-13, 07:31 PM
I thought the same thing but thought id try sending my knights out on the adventure using my queens keep and it worked so you don't need the barracks to complete the goal thankfully !

That should say queens court sorry

mikado86
10-08-13, 09:05 PM
That should say queens court sorry

Not like you get a reward out of the entire quest chain so really whats the rush

FlowerBurst
10-08-13, 09:09 PM

Thanks for the clarification--I see that now! ��

Oliver118
10-08-13, 11:06 PM

360. (at least, for me)
I had 33 gems and spent 30 gems on an Orange tree, so now there's no way I'm going to go from 3 to 360 gems. Even the advertising goals are only 30 gems-that will only get you a Pig or an Orange Tree.

DrP4ever
10-09-13, 01:45 AM
So we we're told you would never need gems to accomplish a goal, then you have to buy the barracks to get the goal, which started at 240 gems but is now 360 gems, then you need the barracks to do the next quest. Guess they want to see a mass exodus of active players. Very disappointing!

Cesar49
10-09-13, 01:46 AM
I think it's hilarious. I didn't buy the 'limited offer' barracks, although I have over 500 gems I didn't think it was worth it. I press 'finish' when the book said, and now I have all the same quests! I can still buy the barracks, but won't (it's in the marketplace under buildings) and I will complete the quests one at a time as always. Yes, with the barracks you could complete the challenges in less time but with the Dark Caves and Desert Adventures it takes so long to prepare the feasts I don't think it will make much difference to me. Thank goodness I didn't spend those gems!!!

Cesar49
10-09-13, 01:48 AM
So we we're told you would never need gems to accomplish a goal, then you have to buy the barracks to get the goal, which started at 240 gems but is now 360 gems, then you need the barracks to do the next quest. Guess they want to see a mass exodus of active players. Very disappointing!

You don't need the barracks! Just do the quest through the King's (or Queen's) Court as normal. It works just as well.

Lizzivirus
10-09-13, 05:08 AM
I am experiencing 'lost' food items... noodles cooked in the kitchen lost. I couldn't complete dishes for adventures. Is this normal?

meme1098
10-09-13, 05:55 AM

You DON'T need the barracks to do the next part of the quest. Used my Queens court to send the knights on search the ancient vaults and it worked fine. Now the next line of the goal is to craft a stew for the knights. (2hours)

FlowerBurst
10-09-13, 08:21 AM

I thought you would need it to get the goal, but I was wrong. However, I am not sure why the barracks were available for five days, and when this offer expires, they are still available in the market!

meme1098
10-09-13, 09:04 AM
You DON'T need the barracks to do the next part of the quest. Used my Queens court to send the knights on search the ancient vaults and it worked fine. Now the next line of the goal is to craft a stew for the knights. (2hours)

Stew served now another adventure:
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u522/gloria1098/82e059a7e368453a4de4711db01eb993_zps602715b6.jpg

JayUK69
10-09-13, 09:12 AM
Stew served now another adventure:
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u522/gloria1098/82e059a7e368453a4de4711db01eb993_zps602715b6.jpg

After that one it's craft 3 red banners, so you may want to make sure you have at least 3 poles and 3 red inks ready.

meme1098
10-09-13, 09:15 AM
Thanks jay

bowlfullofcherries
10-10-13, 12:48 AM
I am currently in a hotel in Seattle having travelled from Okinawa and about to head to Kansas- ALL on the eve of the new update. Of course I'll be flying when it comes out. Of course. But I'll have a big CS update to look forward to when I finally get to where I'm going! That's actually pretty cool. Thank you, TL, for making a rough few days' travel a little easier to bear.

JustKay
10-10-13, 04:12 AM
So tired of waiting for this new update... I think they spilled too early... I'm over the hype hump and it's downhill from here :( I wish they'd release it already. I hope it's not close tie in with halloween; the 30th is sooooooo far way.

altarisian
10-10-13, 05:08 AM
Good to have a new square of expansion but no interest in the barracks.

I am in the game for a year or so and I am still waiting for my first sacred wing and my Large diamond for almost six months, playing each day and having developed the Kingdom enough to reach 6114 Royal points - without royal Manor ;)

I no longer care about receiving those drops. What to do now except putting all the buildings at the max levels...the last remaining goal, out of the dragon and the alicorn quests: the cooking caravan...

Not exciting enough. I think I will delete everything and maybe restart from the first day. Maybe not.

So disappointed by this dead-end, while we can read so many complaints on the same issue.

wassupbaby
10-10-13, 01:33 PM
Good to have a new square of expansion but no interest in the barracks.

I am in the game for a year or so and I am still waiting for my first sacred wing and my Large diamond for almost six months, playing each day and having developed the Kingdom enough to reach 6114 Royal points - without royal Manor ;)

I no longer care about receiving those drops. What to do now except putting all the buildings at the max levels...the last remaining goal, out of the dragon and the alicorn quests: the cooking caravan...

Not exciting enough. I think I will delete everything and maybe restart from the first day. Maybe not.

So disappointed by this dead-end, while we can read so many complaints on the same issue.

new quests available NOW !!!

kooky panda
10-10-13, 02:25 PM
new quests available NOW !!!

See thread for new updates

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59709-Castle-Story-10-10-2013-Update&p=756295&viewfull=1#post756295

dxtr
10-23-13, 06:40 AM
It is rediculous the amount if gems the barracks cost especially when it is so hard to accumulate them

meme1098
10-23-13, 09:25 AM
It is rediculous the amount if gems the barracks cost especially when it is so hard to accumulate them

You don't have to get it. The goal continues without it.

JustKay
11-01-13, 05:41 PM
My expired goal for the barracks is still there, but there's a finish button next to it. What happens if I click it? I don't want to automatically spend gems to "complete" an expired goal, but it a bit of an eyesore sitting there. Can I click the finish button to just make it go away? Anybody clicked this?

meme1098
11-01-13, 05:56 PM
My expired goal for the barracks is still there, but there's a finish button next to it. What happens if I click it? I don't want to automatically spend gems to "complete" an expired goal, but it a bit of an eyesore sitting there. Can I click the finish button to just make it go away? Anybody clicked this?

If you tap the finish button, the goal moves to the next step-go on an adventure. Can't remember which but you can use your Queen or Kings castle to do it and don't need the barracks. Go back one page here and you can see a few of the steps in the goal. Good luck!

JustKay
11-02-13, 07:37 AM
doh! the one time I don't read back through the thread before posting... thanks a bunch meme.

meme1098
11-02-13, 01:42 PM
You're welcome. Can't blame you when it's over 100 posts. :)

PikaSquirrel
11-07-13, 02:15 PM
Check out our newest update thread! :)
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?61055-Castle-Story-11-07-2013-Update