PDA

View Full Version : what the heck

sharbuch
10-03-13, 11:18 AM
Is going on my dragon story keeps closing everytime I open it and push on one thing is anybody else getting this.

pegasus14
10-03-13, 11:50 AM
Are you on Android by chance? I think they often have force close issues.

jeroen1975
10-03-13, 02:25 PM
I am experiencing the same, its dramatic! Today I uninstalled the game, shut down my device, started up again, reinstalled....still the same. Playing on Samsung tab2, so not " just a tablet" I think.
Posting, or trying to post other walls results in a new crash. It just looks like this game is not playable for android anymore.
I dont have these issues on other games like bakery, farm or pet.
It seems to me these issues have increased since the arctic isles have been introduced to IOS.
Please please please TL fix it!

tuskmage
10-03-13, 02:48 PM
I am experiencing the same, its dramatic! Today I uninstalled the game, shut down my device, started up again, reinstalled....still the same. Playing on Samsung tab2, so not " just a tablet" I think.
Posting, or trying to post other walls results in a new crash. It just looks like this game is not playable for android anymore.
It seems to me these issues have increased since the arctic isles have been introduced to IOS.

DS has this issue even on an older Ipad, do not visit neighbors with high levels only visit neighbors with levels 50 or lower. If the device you are playing on is older than 2 years.

TheRickySilver
10-03-13, 04:50 PM
DS has this issue even on an older Ipad, do not visit neighbors with high levels only visit neighbors with levels 50 or lower. If the device you are playing on is older than 2 years.

Level 50 and lower? I can't visit someone who is a level 1 and my device is only a year old lol. #AndroidIssues

tuskmage
10-03-13, 05:04 PM
Level 50 and lower? I can't visit someone who is a level 1 and my device is only a year old lol. #AndroidIssues

My Samsung Galaxy Note II has zero issue loading DS and playing on my own Island Yay! But visiting NBRS and try to post on their wall? Yes....AndroidIssues.

[S8] Elsa
10-03-13, 05:43 PM
Is going on my dragon story keeps closing everytime I open it and push on one thing is anybody else getting this.

Does this happen when you play the original app, special versions, or on all versions?

You shouldn't be experiencing this on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Does this happen frequently? Which versions of the game do you experience this issue?

My Samsung Galaxy Note II has zero issue loading DS and playing on my own Island Yay! But visiting NBRS and try to post on their wall? Yes....AndroidIssues.

You're correct that an iPad 1 may experience issues due to an older device. The SG 2 should be fine. Which versions do you experience crashes? Does this happen when you visit specific neighbors?

If you have an older device and your own board or the boards you're visiting are large and heavily populated, you may experience performance issues.

sharbuch
10-03-13, 05:44 PM
I am an Android and have not been able to visit anyone in about 8 months now I just don't anymore which really sucks I like going to others peoples island and seeing their set ups and their dragons but lately it gotten much worse I can't even feed my dragon without it closing down. It awful I really wish that tl would stop working on dragon for awhile and fix this problem. Its not cool anymore.

sharbuch
10-03-13, 05:46 PM
Should I maybe go back to the original version for awhile until tl fix this problem or until we get a better version

yayacupcake
10-03-13, 06:08 PM
Should I maybe go back to the original version for awhile until tl fix this problem or until we get a better version

Most current version is Original. Should be using that... for now. I see Restaurant Story Halloween edition. So the new Halloween versions are starting to roll out... can't wait for Dragon Story Halloween edition, hopefully it comes soon.

kurebiz
10-03-13, 08:04 PM
Crashing still occurs on my HTC one X+ on heavily decorated islands.. original app.

jeroen1975
10-04-13, 12:57 AM
Pony thanx for replying, crashing during visiting is a daily returning issue, I have installed each time the update, newest version.At this moment its the Tropic Version, and I must say this version is the most awfull in terms of crashes and stuff.
Visiting IOS neighbors is a nightmare, game crashes all the time, example: I treid to visit oldtime neighbors (around lvl 110) , I even cant load their Island, it crashes over andover and over. If I get trough and played with their dragons, I try to leave a message on their wall.....forget about it, imediate crash is the result.
I experience what I call timelapses, to explain that, I finish a breeding with gold, place the egg in the nest, breed again, close the game, return into the game......and the situation is as before..... previous breedingcombo in my denn, no egg in nest.....
If you need my ID to check in on this, leave me a message.

yayacupcake
10-04-13, 01:48 AM
I find that I have to be very very patient with my game. Sometimes just moving to my Breeding Den, eggs, evolution temple takes about 2 - 3 minutes ( On North-East island ). And sometimes it takes a minute or two just to click on what I want. And sometimes a minute or two or scroll to the dragons I want to breed. Sometimes just breeding the same combo of dragons again can take upwards of 10 minutes, and that's even with clearing my cache, releasing as much memory as possible and shutting down all other running apps before starting Dragon Story.

Sad to see Kurebiz is running into issues as well on the HTC one X+ , that's a fairly nice phone...

Nessa_V
10-04-13, 01:08 PM
Pony thanx for replying, crashing during visiting is a daily returning issue, I have installed each time the update, newest version.At this moment its the Tropic Version, and I must say this version is the most awfull in terms of crashes and stuff.
Visiting IOS neighbors is a nightmare, game crashes all the time, example: I treid to visit oldtime neighbors (around lvl 110) , I even cant load their Island, it crashes over andover and over. If I get trough and played with their dragons, I try to leave a message on their wall.....forget about it, imediate crash is the result.
I experience what I call timelapses, to explain that, I finish a breeding with gold, place the egg in the nest, breed again, close the game, return into the game......and the situation is as before..... previous breedingcombo in my denn, no egg in nest.....
If you need my ID to check in on this, leave me a message.

It's the same here. *sighs* except my game has problems with harvesting and planting as well. I'm on Android, using a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Jelly Bean.

kutty4
10-04-13, 02:57 PM
What are the options for people on an iPad 1? Daughter is wanting to quit because it keeps closing on her.

TheRickySilver
10-06-13, 11:33 AM
I think it's safe to say that over 90% of Android devices have these problems regardless of how new they are. It doesn't make much sense that iPhones and certain Android devices have the exact same hardware specs but yet iOS can run so smoothly while Android crashes after everything you do. If memory is the issue on why Android devices crash, then why aren't the iPhones crashing? My phone and the iPhone 5 both have Dual-Core processor with 1 GB of RAM installed. iPhone 5 runs perfect. Mine, lol.

sharbuch
10-10-13, 08:19 AM
Is there anybody working on the force stopping in dragon story this is getting rediculous mine is constantly closing now everytime I open it I get about 5 mins into it and it just shuts down. Doesn't make for a fun game at all , all its doing is frustrating me and all I want to do is uninstall it. I am an android player and its bad enough that I haven't been able to visit friends islands in months now I can't even play for more then 5 mins. What the heck is going on with it

sharbuch
10-15-13, 06:59 AM
I can't even stay on for 5 mins now it force closes everytime I open it now what is going on I thought the new version was going to fix this I am an Android player and if this is not going to be fixed I am uninstalling all of the games because I have had enough of this [] can't even enjoy the games anymore they are either freezing or force closing may to leave should be fixing theses problem instead of just giving more stuff we can't do anyways. I am completely fed up with all of this.

sharbuch
11-07-13, 03:18 PM
It has taken me all day to collect from my island it keep shutting down are they ever going to fix this problem if not then I am deleting the game it no fun having to have to restart it it every 2 mins just to collect and replant and breed. Has anybody heard of a fix or something I don't want to delete the game but I really dread going into it now I am not having any fun with it.

sharbuch
11-12-13, 11:22 AM
Is there nobody dealing with this problem at all how are you suppose to breed when you can't get to the dragons before it closes down. All I'm doing is getting PO with it now. There is no fun in the game anymore. Does TL even read these complaints or are they just so money hungry they don't care anymore. I am not spending another dime on this game until we get some answers.