PDA

View Full Version : Did the staff get wise to this? Dwindling plate numbers and disappearing dishes?

Unregistered
01-05-11, 11:14 AM
Okay I've been looking through the forum and understand others have been having problems with food disappearing off of the counters as well. My issue is, it's happening right infront of me. Initially, I closed shop, and had all my stoves cooking. The pizza finished in the middle of the night, so I set it on the counter and went to bed. Woke up this morning, the pizza was gone. Along with other gifts I had received which were on the counters as well. Irritated, I just started making another pizza, and set my fish and chips on the counter which were now done. But every time I'm looking at the plate count, it's dropping slowly. So is the stew I received as a gift.
So my question is this: If even you close the restaurant (block the door) does the food count still go down? Did the staff get wise to this and change it, or has it always been like this and I never noticed?

And why is it every time I close the game all the gifts I received are gone when I reopen?

Unregistered
01-05-11, 12:13 PM
Dude, you're riddled with glitches/bugs. Email TeamLava?

So my question is this: If even you close the restaurant (block the door) does the food count still go down? Did the staff get wise to this and change it, or has it always been like this and I never noticed?

No. Blocking the door stops customers coming in to consume your food, therefore you're making no money. It's still like that. And the staff don't need to "get wise" to it - Norman himself (admin) has told people to block their doors if they want to...

Unregistered
01-05-11, 12:22 PM
Dude, you're riddled with glitches/bugs. Email TeamLava?

No. Blocking the door stops customers coming in to consume your food, therefore you're making no money. It's still like that. And the staff don't need to "get wise" to it - Norman himself (admin) has told people to block their doors if they want to...
Well I know I'm not getting in money, that isn't what I'm asking about. I'm asking why are my plate numbers still going down if no one is coming to the restaurant. I shouldn't look at something and have 696 plates left, then look again and only have 630 if no one has entered my restaurant.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 12:35 PM
I have the same problem but I found a
good solution.
If I want to save food I just rotate some chairs.
For example from 20 chairs to 5.
So customers will start to leave angry and the
smiley on top will go down a little bit.
But after a short time its again at 100 or very
close to it.
I think this smiley is not so important. If you raise
the number of chairs more customers will come
automatically. There is no real disadvantage if the number
is not 100 all the time.
So you save lots of food and earn at least little money.
Hope this helps you.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 12:38 PM
I forgot to tell you:
Samsung Galaxy S
Froyo 2.2

Unregistered
01-05-11, 12:40 PM
Thank you for your advice but I don't mean the count of people. I mean the servings count.

If you click the food on the counter it will tell you how many servings are left until it's gone.
The number of servings shouldn't be going down, and the plates shouldn't be disappearing if no one has come in.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 01:18 PM
Yes I know what you mean.
I have the same problem. I block the door
but the food decreases as if there were
"invisible customers".
I just wanted to give you a workaround for
this problem. And i think it is even better
not to block the door because you earn a little
money instead of nothing.

deadpix
01-05-11, 04:34 PM
Teamlava should seriously consider setting up a separate forum for Android bug reporting.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 06:34 PM
I'm having the same prob like I just finished a dish I left the game and came back 5min later and the 1thousand somethin servings where gone now how does that happen also my gifts are disappearing

Unregistered
01-05-11, 11:33 PM
Teamlava should seriously consider setting up a separate forum for Android bug reporting.

Thank you for that solution to the question I was asking, very helpful.

Well the bug has dismissed itself, so I will leave this thread to die now.

deadpix
01-06-11, 04:37 AM
Thank you for that solution to the question I was asking, very helpful.

Well the bug has dismissed itself, so I will leave this thread to die now.

It wasn't a solution but rather a suggestion that Teamlava should have a forum setup specifically for bugs encountered on Android systems so that these users could post in an area where the developers might more efficiently zoom in on the issues.

Posting Android related bugs in a predominantly Apple-user forum makes it difficult for the developers to see your issues and would not get you the help that other Android users would be able to extend.

The current name of the RS Android forum doesn't suggest that it is an area for bug reporting (it actually is), and has the effect of leading Android users to this forum where they meet up with unhelpful people like me.