PDA

View Full Version : Gem Confirmation

synsanity
10-02-13, 05:14 PM
On more than one occasion I have bumped the tree or other crop next to the one I'm harvesting causing an "early harvest" and the accidental spending of gems. Though I'm sure TL loves it when we spend our gems because we have to buy more, I know there are many players who cannot buy any at all. Is there any way there can be an "are you sure" or something a little more fail safe than the current system? Ok so I bumped another tree today and lost six gems and am not happy about it. Anyway, perhaps I'm the only one suffering this "operator error" but I thought I would mention it and didn't see it listed recently anyway. Sorry if it indeed is a repeat. Also, my son is a programmer and I realize not all things are easy to do but I have seen the are you sure option on other games.

olcastle
10-02-13, 09:40 PM
They won't change anything because they did it for purpose.
The only way to avoid the traps is to play very carefully like you are walking through a minefield.
Lost 15 gems today.

synsanity
10-03-13, 12:32 PM
I just lost 12 and am really thinking I will never purchase any again. It's fine if I earned them in game but to take what I paid for is (expletive deleted) so yeah I'm not happy right now. This isn't right.

synsanity
10-03-13, 01:31 PM
I guess I realize I am the fool who spent money on this in the first place. My mistake.

sanya87
10-04-13, 12:31 PM
It happened to me too. All together i've lost around 20 gems like that :( after i was veeeery carefull with tapping trough my farm and when i saved enough of them went imediately to buy some decoration. At least like that they were not gone with the wind or in this case fruit :(

threepwood14
10-08-13, 03:09 PM
1, If one wishes to not spend gems accidentally there should be a function to bank all your gems into a chest or vault so that you cannot spend them until you withdraw them.

2, Alternatively an easier and more obvious idea would be to simply ask "Are you sure?"

The implications that TeamLava are using clandestine methods to "steal" our gems by making it too easy to make accidental purchases combined with an irresponsible refund policy is a shocking prospect. This would not only shame their whole company to turning a blind eye to daylight theft but also lower profits long term when reputation spreads of such con-artistry tricks.

These implications are not new since they appear to be present in Dragon Story where accidental purchases are also suspiciously easy due to no confirmation check whatsoever. In addition implementing a confirmation check would not be difficult so why wouldn't they do this for us loyal customers?

I've already lost 3 gems on Farm Story 2 but I will give TeamLava the benefit of the doubt and believe they have simply missed the obvious features customers need especially if they are already spending real cash and desire to continue to do so.

Please listen to these suggestions TeamLava, your reputation is key to maintaining loyal customers.

threepwood14
10-08-13, 03:11 PM
I have also lost 3 gems and heard of other people losing much more due to accidental purchases, it makes the game feel like negotiating oneself through a minefield at times.

synsanity
10-11-13, 03:26 PM
I don't recall the title of this thread being named this originally. Odd. Threepwood14 said it all. Very well.

sanya87
10-12-13, 02:08 AM
i am scared we will never see the confirmation button in this game, or any other. i played fashion and restaurant before and people had lost 49 gems multiple times on those "gem traps", and never got them back. so it's been years players are asking for that simple addition to the games, but nothing has ever changed. so it's not cause they can't, they simply don't want, whatever we may say or write :)

kitthecat
10-29-13, 11:41 PM
Players of TL's games have been asking for this function for years, and years, and years.........don't think they will ever do anything about these "gem traps". Try to be careful when your finger is near any gem trap, that s the only suggestion I can give every players.

klengenhues
11-02-13, 03:29 AM
I also lost a lot of Gems. About 30 because the button is to near and it is always very difficult to get out of it. I spent almost 15? to buy new ones because otherwise you can't play. It has surely been done by purpose. One are you sure button would be very nice.

GameOfFarms
12-21-13, 01:46 PM
Surely there could be a "do you want to use gems? Yes/Cancel" button to prevent accidentally using them? I've just accidentally used SIXTEEN gems on an apple tree when I was just harvesting from my beehive!!! I've done things like this multiple times, usually losing maybe 1 or 2 gems, and it's super frustrating. An extra button to confirm before using them would be perfect.

czl2608
12-26-13, 05:26 AM
The trap really upsets me... I just lost 37 for a premature delivery... I'm sure they do it deliberately but we should keep pushing the change to happen.

gigi03833
12-27-13, 06:41 PM
I so agree I mostly lose diamonds in the mine!

gigi03833
12-27-13, 06:50 PM
I so agree I mostly lose diamonds in the mine! And sending the wrong order out I try to be careful. Best to spend your gems not hoard them! I will not be buy any more which is sad because it is almost impossible to advance without gems.

jhehlah
01-19-14, 01:44 AM
fgs! is this really cannot remove? this is the second time i lost 20 gems:mad: for fertilizing my crops...why would i fertilized it? grrrr you didn't give any updates and keep showing your sale gems but this trap gem still there? sorry tl ah. but its really annoying. i better use those gem for any decoration that fertilizing :mad::mad:

ufolost
01-19-14, 04:33 PM
fgs! is this really cannot remove? this is the second time i lost 20 gems:mad: for fertilizing my crops...why would i fertilized it? grrrr you didn't give any updates and keep showing your sale gems but this trap gem still there? sorry tl ah. but its really annoying. i better use those gem for any decoration that fertilizing :mad::mad:

Disgustingly, this also happened to me last night for the second time in 2 weeks, and i was SOOO ANGRY. 20 just gone.

Insult to injury- i decided to spend them so it couldn't happen again, and purchased a 65 gem item, that never showed up properly- but it stole my gems though! The animal isn't there, or in inventory, and the gems are gone. (if anyone knows any customer support tricks , i tried emailing, no response, any other suggestions must appreciated)

Ugh. I'm ready to stop playing, seriously.

WendingWanderer
01-20-14, 10:57 AM
Go online (not the Google play store if you're on an Android) and download an OLD version of Farm Story - from before they had the "tap to manage" gem trap.

I refuse to update my old game - so I don't get caught by this feature.

WendingWanderer
01-20-14, 11:59 AM
I've got version 1.9.6.3, updated 26 August 2013

bbieprnc
01-20-14, 05:46 PM
I've got version 1.9.6.3, updated 26 August 2013

Hmm, that sounds like the new one - I had the 1.4.5.03 - which I think is before they released the tap to manage.

WendingWanderer
01-25-14, 09:17 PM
You're right - typo.

MarcusDragontail
02-10-14, 01:40 PM
Quote from another thread:

I am sorry this happened!
To report loss of gems, you can send an email to support@teamlava.com

Why?
Why are you refusing to add a confirmation box and ignoring this problem for years? FOR YEARS!?

bbieprnc
02-10-14, 02:00 PM
Quote from another thread:

I am sorry this happened!
To report loss of gems, you can send an email to support@teamlava.com

Why?
Why are you refusing to add a confirmation box and ignoring this problem for years? FOR YEARS!?

However "loss of gems" is something different. If you tap too fast and tap on "tap to manage" and fertilize your crop, you used the gems, not lost them.

DocEE
02-26-14, 08:53 AM
I love playing this game even though I get frustrated with how hard it is to acquire certain items. But I am getting really tired of the gem traps! Because of those I refuse to pay real cash to buy gems. I also play Castle Story and have bought gems for that game because the traps aren't as plentiful. Most of the time I don't even know what I have done to lose all of my gems in this game.

I just finished playing Mystery Crimes and collected my hard earned 15 gems to add to the 11 gems I had acquired from train deliveries. I used 16 gems right away to add another slot on one of my mills. I have learned not to let the gems sit too long before using them or they will get used up in traps. So I'm sitting here with my remaining 10 gems and I looked up after planing some crops and adding to my store and starting some buildings cooking and what do I see...a big fat zero in my gem counter! I have no idea what I did to lose them. Obviously in the five minutes it took me to get things going I did something to use them...but what? I have no clue! This happens to me all the time no matter how careful I am tapping the iPad screen.

If TeamLava is going to leave the traps and not put in a confirm button like others have asked, then can you please at least put in a gem log so we know where and when the gems were used! I'd really like to know what I got for them when they disappear.

Thanks for considering my request.

vic147
03-11-14, 11:42 PM
Hi, I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, I just wasted gems by accident ( growing strawberries)
This has happened to me so many times that I just had it, I thought that Team Lava implemented a gem spend confirmation button to ALL of the game, not only the train, this is ridiculous why they would only put it on the train? Why not on all the game?
Team Lava you just lost a loyal customer who used to spend real cash on your games.
I will never ever buy gems until you fix this gem traps!!!!

DocEE
03-12-14, 10:12 AM
Just lost another 5 gems and don't have a clue how it happened! Would really like that gem log so I could look back and see what stupid thing I did. Even more, I'd like a confirmation before gems are used. I love this game and play non-stop but I would enjoy it even more if I could hang on to the gems long enough to use them on something I plan to do like buy paint cans to expand slots since paint cans are just a myth and don't really exist! With a confirmation, I'd even use real cash and buy gems!

kooky panda
03-12-14, 11:12 AM
Just lost another 5 gems and don't have a clue how it happened! Would really like that gem log so I could look back and see what stupid thing I did. Even more, I'd like a confirmation before gems are used. I love this game and play non-stop but I would enjoy it even more if I could hang on to the gems long enough to use them on something I plan to do like buy paint cans to expand slots since paint cans are just a myth and don't really exist! With a confirmation, I'd even use real cash and buy gems!
You can send an email to support@teamlava.com and an agent can tell you where you gems went.

synsanity
03-12-14, 12:45 PM
For trees and the beehive use the bucket to collect. I have not lost any gems from tree bumps since I started doing this. I still get the occasional over zealous harvest but if you use the harvest tool that also can be avoided in most cases. Hope this helps.

vic147
03-12-14, 02:27 PM
For trees and the beehive use the bucket to collect. I have not lost any gems from tree bumps since I started doing this. I still get the occasional over zealous harvest but if you use the harvest tool that also can be avoided in most cases. Hope this helps.

I use the tools they work fine and avoid wasting gems, but it happened to me trying to catch a butterfly, I tapped on the tree and when I moved my finger I lost my gems.

What TL needs to understand is that this policy of gem traps sure makes them a ton of money, but just once!, having this traps makes the costumer get real mad and won't spend real cash on their games anymore, I will continue to play but I won't spend real cash on their games anymore, and this in the long term translates in lack of revenue for the company and they will have to let go of the game because it's not generating them revenue. They need happy spending customers for them to survive, not just spend once angry ones.

susanbfarm
03-12-14, 06:11 PM
I have accidentally used up at least 120 gems. What is my problem? And couldn't a popup ask me if I really want to use gems???!!?? Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

[S8] Regina
03-13-14, 10:59 AM
If you lost Gems, please email support@teamlava.com for further assistance, thank you!

For Train Orders, we recently added in the Confirmation feature.

vic147
03-13-14, 11:57 AM
Regina;866656']If you lost Gems, please email support@teamlava.com for further assistance, thank you!

First of all they don't care if you lose the gems to "accidental speeding things" they will say it's not their problem.

Second why only on the train station and not on all of the game? It's just additional coding, there have been numerous increase on players complaining about this issue, and we still have not heard anything by TL if they are going to or even want to resolve this.

I for one I will never spend more money on this or any other of your games until we get a spend confirmation button.

Please do the math, you are loosing customers because of this simple to fix problem.

When we get what we been asking for over a great time period I can guarantee you gamers will start spending money on your games.

bjuiil
03-13-14, 02:13 PM
In the past week, I have lost 80 gems! 80! And this happened when the game gets stuck.

Also, the vital items like paint buckets, saws, certificates. I thought I was imagining things. I had just received the 8th bucket I needed to expand and was going to expand. Then I thought I'd wait a little while, then changed my mind. In the space of a few minutes, the button that was enabled to expand was gone again.

Sure the games are fun, but they're such an underhanded company I would not spend a dollar on them.

DocEE
03-14-14, 11:25 PM
You can send an email to support@teamlava.com and an agent can tell you where you gems went.

Great idea but it happens so frequently that they'd be swamped just doing that and not taking care of other "real" problems. Plus, I have done that before and it takes several days to get a reply and by the time I hear back I don't even remember what I was doing when it happened or the sequence of taps. No, I think a gem log would be a better idea so I can look as soon as I realize My gem count is back to zero again!

viramisu
05-17-14, 03:52 AM
I lost total 80 on gem trap, but Thank God i've never spend real cash on this game, never bought gem on this game, ha! I know you're not happy with that, TL

bjuiil
05-25-14, 09:42 AM
I think they end up shooting themselves in the foot with these cunning tactics. Some people would never spend money on the games so trying to force them into buying something will just cause them to not play the games anymore.

Of the people who buy gems, if they lose too many gems by accident, why spend more money only to lose it.

viramisu
05-27-14, 05:51 AM
I think they end up shooting themselves in the foot with these cunning tactics. Some people would never spend money on the games so trying to force them into buying something will just cause them to not play the games anymore.

Of the people who buy gems, if they lose too many gems by accident, why spend more money only to lose it.

Exactly. Would be better to stop purchase any more gem, even when they offer sale package on the weekend, at least until they fix this gem spend confirmation. Your cash is worth more than just spent on useless gem trap.

Rockinkitten
06-22-14, 03:50 AM
If it wasn't so easy to accidentally lose gems I would buy some probably every month.

I wish there was an option to lock your gems with a 3 digit code or something so you couldn't spend them by accident!

Rockinkitten
06-22-14, 03:52 AM
I actually like supporting games and companies if I see lots of work went into it but it's infuriating to accidentally speed stuff up.

traellen
07-08-14, 12:18 PM
Regina;866656']If you lost Gems, please email support@teamlava.com for further assistance, thank you!

As with every teamlava game, they don't give a gem confirmation, and they DO NOT refund any gems accidentally spent. I have tried numerous times. I have even spent gems without knowing why, i.e. the game glitches or lags, I see no dialogue, have not opened anything, yet poof, gems are gone, and they will not refund any gems spent under ANY circumstances. So seriously, stop pretending that reporting this issue solves anything.

I will not buy gems because they are completely unscrupulous in these actions. If they were an honest company, I would be happy to support them by buying gems occasionally.

Rynetory2
07-18-14, 05:23 AM
Can TL remove some gem traps that don't make sense? As it is, there are already so many gem traps in the farm, it'll be nice if TL can make the game more player friendly.

1. Gem traps under each Train item.
It doesn't make sense to use hundreds of gems to load items for a full train that only gives 5 gems. Even if you lack 1 quantity, it asks for more than 5 gems, so what's the point of that? It only serves to frustrate us if we accidentally click on it and use up the gems that are intend for some other use.

2. Gem traps for pets
Does it make sense to you to hasten the feeding time of pets by using gems?

bss18974
07-18-14, 09:54 AM
Can TL remove some gem traps that don't make sense? As it is, there are already so many gem traps in the farm, it'll be nice if TL can make the game more player friendly.

1. Gem traps under each Train item.
It doesn't make sense to use hundreds of gems to load items for a full train that only gives 5 gems. Even if you lack 1 quantity, it asks for more than 5 gems, so what's the point of that? It only serves to frustrate us if we accidentally click on it and use up the gems that are intend for some other use.

2. Gem traps for pets
Does it make sense to you to hasten the feeding time of pets by using gems?

They won't do it. They get to collect your gems when you inadvertently click on these,especially the pets.

They want you to lose gems so you'll buy more.

Don't expect them to change.

My peeve is that when you click near top of screen like to see gems or money, etc and you miss by a hair, you instead click on a crop or tree or something similar and then when you click away from it but too close it registers as a gem use to speed something up.

They do this on purpose. Don't expect a change, it won't happen. People have been asking for gem confirmations since the first TL games and they've yet to implement them. They won't.

Rynetory2
07-18-14, 11:02 AM
They won't do it. They get to collect your gems when you inadvertently click on these,especially the pets.

They want you to lose gems so you'll buy more.

Don't expect them to change.

My peeve is that when you click near top of screen like to see gems or money, etc and you miss by a hair, you instead click on a crop or tree or something similar and then when you click away from it but too close it registers as a gem use to speed something up.

They do this on purpose. Don't expect a change, it won't happen. People have been asking for gem confirmations since the first TL games and they've yet to implement them. They won't.

Thanks for the info BSS. Shame that they won't though. I had and am happy to buy gems to buy pets hog etc. Just don't want to waste it on something I don't need or accidentally clicked.

mobbsyfarm
07-24-14, 04:25 PM
I can't accumulate more than 10 gems because they just disappear. I go to bed and in the morning half have gone. not getting any answers from Tl other than it could be a sync error. I think not its a deliberate ploy for me to buy gems

Erutuf
07-25-14, 10:23 AM
I am willing, and have used real $$$ for these games. I think it is fair to reward the developers for their work.

However....

I cannot spend money on games that have gem traps. I, too, have accidentally clicked with a slip of the finger. I would feel terrible to have paid money for those gems. It feels bad enough to have lost gems from time investment.

pundoggity
09-05-14, 08:23 AM

Please add this feature for all gem purchases. Not just the train.

WinnyWoos
09-05-14, 12:31 PM
I too lose gems by these traps. The absolute worst one in my opinion is the Truffle Hogs. I accidentally clicked on a hog in which I hadn't purchased when trying to take one hunting and before I knew it, I was in the truffle field with a new hog:mad: 210 gems GONE by just one accidental touch on my screen. It was very aggravating considering it was during the limited treehouse prize period so when the Valentine Kitty popped up as my possible prize, I was unable to spend the gems I had saved up in hopes to get something new. And did I email support; Nope. It would have been a complete waste of time. Very unfortunate that they do these things in hopes that we will spend real money because for me, it does the COMPLETE OPPOSITE.

babs3449
09-08-14, 12:55 PM
Add me to the list of those who agree that more confirmations are needed. I have lost gems in the mine and to the truffle hog because I just happened to be hunting at the exact spot where and when the request to buy more turns came on and therefore I "bought" more turns when I had no intention of doing so. I recently lost a bunch of gems and reported it to team lava. They gave me a response but I don't agree that my loss happened the way they described. I will just have to try to be more careful.

amiableal
09-11-14, 12:49 PM
Tapping to harvest trees is hazardous! Instead, harvest with the bucket. Since I started doing that I've had far fewer gems "seized". In about seven months, I've lost about 110 gems by accident, but much fewer lately.

lovettera
09-12-14, 05:35 AM
Yup so true... I lost 50+ gems from the tree trap :(

Regeneration1979
09-13-14, 02:54 AM
I also have this occasionally happen to me and it's really frustrating, especially when you're saving gems up for a purchase. Just keep in mind that TeamLava is a company and Farm Story 2 is a business model. Just like Electronic Arts (EA Sports especially) are finding new ways to have players of a game spend actual money, TL is doing the same, cause that's what the game industry is about. Always keep in mind that it's an industry and there is a business angle 99.9% of the time. I always try to remember how free to play games do offer free entertainment as long as you don't get lost in trying to get to the top in no-time.

lovettera
09-13-14, 08:07 AM
Lost 42 gems today :(

truegodz
09-14-14, 01:10 PM
Would be a great idea!

Rynetory2
09-20-14, 05:52 AM
Some tips for those who don't know and falling into traps. Your farm layout is very important to avoid gem traps.

1. Never put fruit trees and growing ash trees next to machines or places where you frequently click. Put these trees to a safe area.
2. Always use bucket to collect from trees and animals.
3. During truffles hunt and mining, always be conscious of your remaining tries to avoid clicking on extending with 15 gems.
4. Place herb garden, bee hive away to places where you are unlikely to click. Same thing for show pony pens, it's 50 gems for speeding up.
5. When cooking or making items, don't do speed clicks in case you don't have the ingredients and end up wasting gems.
6. Always use single click, never double click in FS. It doesn't work like the double click we often do on our mouse.
7. Never play when you are tired or in a hurry. You tend to click super fast.

Hope these will help some of you. I had greatly reduced my gems wastage. So far so good, crossing my fingers lol :)

mujaccount
09-20-14, 11:33 PM
Hi,
Could you please add one step through "are you sure" button before spending diamonds? It happend to me several times that I realize several diamonds have been spend and I dont even know on what, its frustrating! The farm is constructed that sometimes when I want to click on my sheep pasture which is behind the pig pen I click on speading the pigs and I dont want to, I just want to feed my sheep! An "are you sure" button would be very helpful! Thank you!

Rynetory2
09-21-14, 12:48 AM
Many players including myself had suggested this before and nothing been done and doubt TL would do this. TL earns profit when we purchase gems so gem traps are part of farm life. There's a thread under discussion call "Gem confirmation". I had posted some ways which I worked around the gem traps on my farm, I hope it would help you.

Hoila
09-21-14, 08:01 AM
For me, even though I'm a right-hander, I try to use my left thumb to click on animals and crops since the gem traps are usually conveniently placed on the right hand side just waiting for you to fall for it. Keep in mind that for buildings, I use my right thumb since the gem trap is on the left, usually underneath the first thing you're cooking/crafting for you to quicken the timing. Since a lot of posters above have mentioned slowing down when you're clicking, using your weaker hand will automatically slow your reaction/clicking speed down, so you will exercise extreme caution and patience.

In any case, if you see pink (ie the pink gem trap button), stop immediately and run away! :D

I almost fell for the mining gem trap, when there's a popup asking you to continue mining, the gem trap is actually the bright green button on the right. It's actually preying on the lazy tendencies of players who can't be bothered to read, so avoid the obvious bright green button, and go for the low-key, gem-free, grey button on the left :)

Hope it helps :)

WinnyWoos
09-21-14, 06:36 PM
For me, even though I'm a right-hander, I try to use my left thumb to click on animals and crops since the gem traps are usually conveniently placed on the right hand side just waiting for you to fall for it. Keep in mind that for buildings, I use my right thumb since the gem trap is on the left, usually underneath the first thing you're cooking/crafting for you to quicken the timing. Since a lot of posters above have mentioned slowing down when you're clicking, using your weaker hand will automatically slow your reaction/clicking speed down, so you will exercise extreme caution and patience.

In any case, if you see pink (ie the pink gem trap button), stop immediately and run away! :D

I almost fell for the mining gem trap, when there's a popup asking you to continue mining, the gem trap is actually the bright green button on the right. It's actually preying on the lazy tendencies of players who can't be bothered to read, so avoid the obvious bright green button, and go for the low-key, gem-free, grey button on the left :)

Hope it helps :)

You know what, that is a BRILLIANT idea!!! The best one yet! I know some have suggested constructing your whole farm around the gem traps which for me just wouldnt work. I enjoy decorating my farm so that was useless but this idea of using your left hand just might be my solution!! TY for sharing!!!

Hoila
09-21-14, 07:59 PM
You know what, that is a BRILLIANT idea!!! The best one yet! I know some have suggested constructing your whole farm around the gem traps which for me just wouldnt work. I enjoy decorating my farm so that was useless but this idea of using your left hand just might be my solution!! TY for sharing!!!

Lol, proceed with caution though. It's not entirely foolproof... I just lost 6 gems carelessly mainly because I played when I was tired and sleepy, definitely not a good combination :S

jbgarza09
09-21-14, 08:15 PM
I completely agree I have lost about 1000 gems in fashion story accidentally, especially when my 2year old son decides to grab my phone. I suggested a maybe 3 digit code also maybe just in case.

SurferRosa13
10-22-14, 05:14 PM
I know, I know, I'm sure you've heard this complaint before, but c'mon, something needs to be done about this! Please! You need to make an option that "confirms" your purchase with gems instead of an easily made "swipe" by accident and Taa-Daaa, you just made a ridiculous purchase using your hard earned gems! This has happened to me sooo many times!! Just now, I was playing the game but accidentally dropped my phone. During the commotion of trying to prevent my phone from hitting the ground, I guess I touched the screen and made a purchase on something I have no idea what I "bought" but now I'm missing gems! I think I just wasted 25 of them too!! I've made these accidental purchases before a few times when I was first learning how to play this game and since then, have learned to be VERY CAREFUL on what I tap.

I know you need to make your money, but seriously, this seems pretty unfair! Please make it harder for these accidental purchases using the gems! I would like a chance to be able to save up my gems so that I can buy something worthwhile.

Twondon
11-02-14, 10:55 AM
Exactly i HATE losing gems om accident but i doubt anything would be done about it cuz that's how they make money. I just lost 8 and idk to what. Smh.

tvxal3
11-22-14, 06:01 PM
I recently lost 4 gems by accident. I clicked on something to fast and lost them. I wish the game would ask you if you want to use them before taking them away. I had this happen another time. :eek:

fekinlala
11-23-14, 02:13 PM
It happens to me also

reewinder
11-27-14, 10:58 PM
So how about instead of a gem confirmation they add a feature in the game to completely turn off gem purchases.....kind of like the settings for sound and music where they can easily be turned on or off. Because if I ever do spend money for gems in this game I don't ever want to go through the hassle of having them stolen from me. So far I've only lost free gems that I earned in the game or from quests. If they want my business then they should start acting more like a business and less like thieves.

jadenfarms
11-30-14, 08:41 PM
I must have wasted 100 gems this way. I Agree completely with your idea of confirmation. there is confirmation for sending the train with gems, why not for all gem usage.

bakeryontheside2
01-15-15, 04:58 PM
Here's a good suggestion. Can we please get an UNDO button for this and all your other games in general. Same function as the browsers have and as the name implies. Some grand headaches can be avoided/solved if we could just undo our mistakes or bad choices.
The accidentally hitting the wrong button because things are close together, the absentmindedly spending endless diamonds on something would not buy (I just did this one a few minutes ago, sigh), the game roaming over somewhere else after you pressed the button and ending up buying unintentioned thing, the thinking the sign you saw this time was the one you always see, but this time it's not and you press the button automatically. And many more.
An UNDO button, it would help so much. Thanks.

orleansparish
01-15-15, 06:33 PM
My problem is my game always going to another neighbors shop and the same spot I tapped, in my store, an item is purchased in Theres. I guess that's the roaming thing you mean. It's been happening for months now! It's especially annoying when it's a super expensive item. No I am not happy about buying ten truffle pizzas!

I have been very careful when listing my items but it still happens. Just comes out of nowhere. So it makes selling a now tedious and slow process.

bakeryontheside2
01-16-15, 04:21 AM
Hi, that is a new one to me. The roaming is when the game moves the scene/screen on its own. It stalls a bit, then moves more slowly on its own, when you thought you were pressing in one place, it moves to somewhere else and depresses, (then sometimes you bought whatever is in the spot it stopped itself at).

RedStella13
01-17-15, 07:28 PM
I have twice today lost gems when trying to check on how much feed I have for an animal (by tapping on the pen). Each time, the game decided I wanted to speed up and collect from an animal. As there is no confirmation request, an undo would have been very useful. No, I am not a happy camper.

bakeryontheside2
01-18-15, 06:51 AM
Hello. Yes, I saw the timer close above the pen, and moreso if you play zoomed out a bit. Sounded like you had not even pressed the timer sign though, but it did it anyway. Yep, undo and it would have been no problem then.
I know what it's like losing the precious diamonds for things you don't want to buy (not with diamonds anyway). This thread was spurred because i lost 64 diamonds mistakenly. Had nothing to do at that time so was browsing the ‘expand territory’ blocks and thought i was going to closing the section, (had to first click to close a 'not enough space on my machine' warning) but also clicked to pay diamonds to buy all parts needed, in the same spot. It was a silent scream moment. My mistake, but it would have been nice to just undo it.
We like this game; we just need something to help out when these little emergencies arise.
I used to play another game exactly like this one, but it was way too complicated, this game is just right. I am on Android and still like it even without the extras, especially the real time element of the game, the newspaper and selling goods too. Thanks for it.

ShineBrightXoXo
02-21-15, 11:33 AM
Here's a good suggestion. Can we please get an UNDO button for this and all your other games in general. Same function as the browsers have and as the name implies. Some grand headaches can be avoided/solved if we could just undo our mistakes or bad choices.
The accidentally hitting the wrong button because things are close together, the absentmindedly spending endless diamonds on something would not buy (I just did this one a few minutes ago, sigh), the game roaming over somewhere else after you pressed the button and ending up buying unintentioned thing, the thinking the sign you saw this time was the one you always see, but this time it's not and you press the button automatically. And many more.
An UNDO button, it would help so much. Thanks.

Great idea I'd love that. I accidentally bought something and spend all my money then I could press UNDO though!:rolleyes:

vlagay
02-27-15, 01:52 AM
The reason I don't buy gems is because of your strategically placed buttons. I accidentally paid 28 coins on harvesting a lemon tree just because I accidentally clicked on it.

I am livid. Take one step that might make people feel more confident in buying gems with a simple verification pop up.

LuvsHorror
02-28-15, 12:14 PM
Yep, I do this a lot when I get tapping too fast making chicken feed and run out of corn.

Mitzi111
03-13-15, 07:57 AM
Dear Team Lava,
PLEASEEEE create a safeguard for the non-intentional, accidental use of gems. I have lost sooooo many gems, probably 80+, due to accidentally touching the wrong thing on my ipad. If there was even a pop-up that said, "Are you sure that you want to spend these gems?", then that would be a huge help. I am so frustrated and of course I am not going to spend any money to purchase any gems if I know that I have a chance of losing them this easily. Soooo FRUSTRATING

igottapi4
03-18-15, 07:28 AM
I ditto this. I have lost over 100 gems in just a month of playing, twice in a lemon tree, that just made me mad. Now what I do is to only buy as much as I will need and buy parts with whats left so that I dont waste them by accident.

jumpsforjoy1
05-02-15, 02:57 PM
I understand that Storm8 monitors these discussions and uses suggestions made by players to improve the game. Well I have a suggestion that would make every players' life a little less stressful.

Yet again today while trying to enlarge my farm on my iPhone I accidentally spent 24 YES 24 gems to speed up one of my Orange Trees. I can not ever think of a situation where I would be that impatient and/or lazy that I would not just use the newspaper and purchase what I need for coins. Gems are hard to come by for every player and to have them frivolously spent by the game is frustrating.

If Storm8 is unwilling to remove the option to speed up harvests for gems they should at least provide the players with a confirmation of the purchase about to be made.

I can tell you when I lose gems in this fashion it makes me angry and not want to make any more purchases for gems since I know how easy it is to lose them. Since Storm8 is hoping to make money on this game, I would think they would want to keep their players happy AND happily spending money.

jumpsforjoy1
05-03-15, 04:21 AM
Well this morning it was another 18 gems lost growing an Ash Tree early. I am not a happy girl right now.

farmerama123
05-05-15, 01:58 PM
I've lost hundreds of gems in the last year and a half! I wanted to buy gems when they were on sale just to have when something I want comes into the treehouse, but I'm so scared I will accidentally tap them all away before I get a chance to spend them! The train has a gem confirmation safety in place ... Could we please have it for the rest of the game too? My daughter plays another farming game which allows her to enable or disable the gem confirmation button and it is great!

MamaTex
05-06-15, 10:21 PM
This would be a much-needed, much-appreciated feature. Unfortunately, I just accidentally spend 400+ gems :( Can you please reply and let us know if this is possible, and, if so, if it is in planning? Thank you.

jim23cash
05-07-15, 10:08 AM
Welcome to the forum MamaTex!

A gem or gold confirmation button has been asked for in all of the S8 games I've played. For as long as I've been playing. It does not seem likely that we will ever get one. You can email support and ask for your gems back. In my experience, usually it does not happen. Synching errors are usually blamed, and they don't refund for that. Go slowly is the best advice I can give you.

kooky panda
05-07-15, 10:35 AM
This would be a much-needed, much-appreciated feature. Unfortunately, I just accidentally spend 400+ gems :( Can you please reply and let us know if this is possible, and, if so, if it is in planning? Thank you.

For loss of gems, Please send an email to support@teamlava.com for assistance.

americangirl2310
05-15-15, 03:25 PM
I've lost hundreds of gems in the last year and a half! I wanted to buy gems when they were on sale just to have when something I want comes into the treehouse, but I'm so scared I will accidentally tap them all away before I get a chance to spend them! The train has a gem confirmation safety in place ... Could we please have it for the rest of the game too? My daughter plays another farming game which allows her to enable or disable the gem confirmation button and it is great!

I just lost 38 gems by accidentally hitting the button on speeding up my lemon tree. Obviously if I wanted or needed lemons I would just go to the newspaper and not waste my precious gems. I do not buy gems for this very reason, I get all of my gems from the train and from completing collections. Why would I waste real money and potentially have something like this happen again. I cannot count the number of times I have accidentally wasted gems just by clicking on something and it not asking me if I would like to confirm my purchase.

It seems like storm 8 could easily provide a confirmation button for these items but don't do so in hopes that people will spend real money on the gems they need. They are sorely mistaken when it comes to this player.

cugie
05-17-15, 05:45 AM
It seems like storm 8 could easily provide a confirmation
button for these items but don't do so in hopes that people will spend real money on the gems they need. They are sorely mistaken when it comes to this player.

I had 50 gems gone the other day. TL claims I made a shipment. I was visiting neighbors, came back my ground was all blue and my plane had made a shipment. Of course contacted TL support, no gems returned and am still having a problem with returning to my farm with a blue ground. I won't spend another penny on their games.

LuvsHorror
05-26-15, 05:22 PM
Please, please, do something about the gem traps! I know people are asking, why won't you respond? Sometimes the game is so slow you tap again thinking it didn't go the first time and end up spending gems. It can't be that hard to fix, you were quick on the extra land and animals glitch.

fangfarmstory
05-29-15, 07:09 PM
I just lost 8 gems , and I don't even know how or when. Not the first time this has happened and I've read it's happened to other. This is very, very, annoying!!

WINDHAMHILLS
06-10-15, 11:51 PM
An undo button would be great. I am so tired of spending gems on things I don't want because the little speed-up option got in the way as I was clicking on a space. I've ended up with crops and other items I didn't need right away as my gem count decreased. I really like this game, but this problem takes away from the overall enjoyment.

Embo79
07-08-15, 07:29 AM
I absolutely agree. I'm fairly new to this game, play on my phone and find it frustrating that it's so easy to accidentally click on those options which spend gems. It would be great to either have an undo button or a confirmation button before gems are spent.

girefly65
07-17-15, 10:26 PM
Another game I played gave us an "are you sure?" You had to confirm gem purchases.

bakeryontheside2
08-26-15, 06:14 AM
Hi again, I recently got to undo a couple of things when they had gone wrong, and hope this will work for others too.

Quickly as possible press the 'back' button below (the curved arrow), it should ask to close the game, have to close the game here in this way.
Then go to setting apps on your device, there you should see your games icons.
Open the 'farmstory 2' app info icon and press 'force stop'. (I left this window open on the 'recall button' double rectangle at the bottom of screen for quick access).
Go back to main screen and start your game again, hopefully it would have gone back about 2 steps, which should be before you made your mistake.

I had tried many combinations pressing different things trying to undo mistakes, this worked for me a couple times, really hope it helps those who need it.

bakeryontheside2
09-05-15, 06:19 AM
Hey hey, i just accidentally bought another alpaca and got to give it back (UNDO). Yahoo :D :D :cool:

with the method mentioned above of course.

goangelred
11-28-15, 09:23 AM
I must post my stupid question. ...I have no diamonds and never will because I always touch something on the game field while I'm playing and use them accidentally. Any way I can stop doing this??????

Mitzi111
11-28-15, 02:14 PM
I must post my stupid question. ...I have no diamonds and never will because I always touch something on the game field while I'm playing and use them accidentally. Any way I can stop doing this??????

It is a dilema for lots of us. : ( I have lost so many gems and sometimes don't even know when or how I did it. I just notice I'm down 30 gems. UGH. We are begging Team Lava to create a feature that asks 'Are you sure' and requires a second tap before collecting the gems.

Rynetory2
11-28-15, 08:56 PM

Here are some of my suggestions. Try and see if they work for you. Good luck.

Your farm layout is very important to avoid gem accidents.

1. Never put fruit trees and growing ash trees next to machines or places where you frequently click. Put these trees to a safe area.
2. Always use bucket to collect from trees and animals (instead of clicking on them).
3. During truffles hunt and mining, always be conscious of your remaining tries to avoid clicking on extension with 15 gems.
4. Place herb garden and bee hive away to places where you are unlikely to click. Same thing for show pony pens, it's 50 gems for speeding up.
5. When cooking or making items, don't do speed clicks in case you don't have the ingredients and end up wasting gems.
6. Always use single click, never double click in FS. It doesn't work like the double click we often do on our computers.
7. Never play when you are tired or in a hurry. You tend to click super fast.
8. Play with your left hand if you are right handed (vice versa).

elsie0104
04-25-16, 08:37 PM
Here are some of my suggestions. Try and see if they work for you. Good luck.

I hate farm story, I dont even know what caused the germs gone. My girl sure very sad when she come back from school.. I was checking the collecting time for pets, maybe i click too fast suddenly about fifty gems lost......... its just too fast.. next time must open my eye very big and slow motion on my finger:(

Rynetory2
04-26-16, 02:29 AM
I am sorry this happened to you. For loss of gems, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

Lilliepaddd
05-29-16, 05:52 PM
I have hit the swarm of bees only to lose gems not once but twice.
It makes me so mad as these are earned or paid for.

Please give us a warning if we actually want to spend gems on an item. It's only one extra click yes or no.

Thanks 😊😊😊

WINDHAMHILLS
08-31-16, 12:25 PM
I thoroughly agree with Lilliepaddd about a warning before spending gems. I have lost so many gems accidentally when the little clock face and gem popped up under my finger as I was trying to click on an item. We get warnings for gem purchases for train items and that feature is very much appreciated. Please expand this to include all items purchased with gems.

caron7
08-31-16, 05:22 PM
This would be very much appreciated! I spent 44 gems speeding up a tree while simply trying to redecorate. I've been effectively discouraged from making major renovations because I am afraid to spend gems by mistake.

virtualfarmer020116
10-03-16, 10:12 PM
This has happened to me several times too. I strongly agree with the "are you sure" suggestions. It really ticks me off when my gems are stolen.

Lilliepaddd
11-14-16, 03:30 PM
We seriously need a SAFETY BUTTON. I can't tell you how many gems I've lost. This frustrates me to no end. The game itself just took gems the other day when I put my phone down. I want to be asked if I want to purchase something!!! PLEASE HELP WITH UNINTENTIONAL PURCHASES TL TY!

Lilliepaddd
11-25-16, 01:00 PM
I sent a request for lost gems 2 weeks ago and no response yet!!!! I want to get an animal but I WILL NEVER BUY A ANOTHER GEM! If they don't address my concern.

Rynetory2
11-25-16, 04:46 PM
I sent a request for lost gems 2 weeks ago and no response yet!!!! I want to get an animal but I WILL NEVER BUY A ANOTHER GEM! If they don't address my concern.

Can you send me your ticket number via private message and I'll help you to pass it in?

Lilliepaddd
11-25-16, 11:43 PM
Can you send me your ticket number via private message and I'll help you to pass it in?

Message sent tyvm!

Rynetory2
11-26-16, 06:54 AM
Thanks for your pm. I've passed in your ticket number.

Allie0105
11-27-16, 08:23 PM
I agree we really need some way of confirm gem purchases especially for large numbers. In the Thanksgiving Fair event I was trying to find where something needed to be made, instead I ending up buying them all which cost me nearly 900 gems. Very frustrating.

nagmad
05-11-18, 02:31 PM
Once again I have double pressed on something by accident and used gems, I have had it happen with deliveries, with animals and trees, the latest was a sheep, that was harvested and some how in moving the farm for me to do different things it ended up costing me 8gems to make the sheep ready again, the stupid thing was I had the other 7 sheep all ready to harvest, why on earth would I want to pay 8 gems to rehear vest the one sheep when I could of harvested the other 7 for free,
Please please add a confirm button when something is going to cost gems, I?m sure the majority of players woukd agree with this

bakerystoe
08-04-18, 08:55 PM
I just accidentally bought the unwanted Winston pig i am really frustrated also. I really want to buy the event boosts as well as pets not the things i do not want to buy. I hope storm8 will add the confirmation button soon to improve game conditions

BessiesBestBakery
08-14-19, 11:12 AM
I would love to have to confirm before I spend Gems. I have been back on Farm Story 2 for about a month and have accidently spent Gems on multiple occasions just by the location of the Gem Buy Button. I have spent nearly all of my Gems by accident. I wish Storm8 would add a confirmation before spending Gems. They are very hard to come by.

FRANTASTICO
08-23-19, 05:11 PM
It?s now time for Storm 8 to give us the option of keeping our GEMS locked. In over 5 years of farming I have spent GEMS unintentionally because my fingers move faster than my brain. Unless you spend money, it takes many, many, many days to accumulate a few GEMS. This game has really changed over the years but not in favor of the farmer. Please change the game so the farmers with the quick fingers don?t get sick over spending GEMS they never meant to spend.

PookieBear50
11-15-19, 12:43 AM
Will you PLEASE provide a verification option so that we do not accidentally spend gems? I just lost over 100 gems because my tap was just a couple of centimeters off target. PLEASE add an "Are you sure you want to use [x amount of] gems?" to each potential gem purchase whether deliberate or accidental. PLEASE!

TwixAndScones
06-09-21, 12:43 PM
Since I don't think they (storm8) will ever do like a conformation button, they need to at least move the gems away from the timer

Not just that, but also moving the gems further away from the fill button on the train

Or move and give the orders a bit of space between each other. Or even just putting the ones that you can already fill at the top and the ones that you need more of at the bottom.