PDA

View Full Version : Debate about Demolitionist. Dog, Badger, or Racoon?!

SgB25
10-02-13, 10:09 AM
This thread is to discuss what type of creature is the Demolitionist.

In the game they are commonly referred to as, "Demo Dogs" or "Blow up Badger."

So what is it foru /mods? What kind of mythical creature is the Demolitionist? I personally have a hard time believing it's a dog because they are too cute to suicide bomb. That sounds like something a badger would do...

sand
10-02-13, 11:17 AM
For the record, "Demo Dogs" is my coinage, I'm sure.
The demolitionist has a canine nose and the pointed snout of a hunting dog. Ears are that of a dog or wolf. The black around his eyes are part of his goggles. This dog is a fearless and faithful pack animal. That makes him perfect to be a suicide bomber. He will die for you and take one for the team.
GO DOG, GO!

Sillyman34
10-03-13, 01:52 AM
Want to know what he really is?

[Please do not post outside links. (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?58319-Please-do-not-post-outside-links)]

FrozenTurtle
10-07-13, 02:39 PM
I like to think he's a Badger....so Badger Bomber :p

Bakerman45
10-12-13, 06:38 PM
Demolitionist is useless most of the time. Dies easily and sometimes blows up the wrong thing.

MediusSyberia
10-12-13, 10:51 PM
Demolitionist is useless most of the time. Dies easily and sometimes blows up the wrong thing.

They can be quite useful in a group if you use them right. Most players have 2-3 layers of walls to get to the Royal Hall and used right demo's can take out 1-2 layers of those walls before you send your main army in. Also upgraded demo's can destroy most walls in 1 hit. If you haven't upgraded them then it's helpful to do so.

sand
10-17-13, 08:27 AM
I like to think he's a Badger....so Badger Bomber :p

There is not a badger on the planet with a nose or ears like that. It is a wolf wearing a hood and goggles. The hood makes the back of the head resemble a badger's and the goggles create the illusion of a black band extending from black rimmed eyes. We've got bears; we've got wolves. But I still like calling them demo dogs. Technically, a wolf is a type of dog.

Psshh! Don't blame the demolitionist; blame the deployment! They are supposed to die quickly, but productively, i.e., die in the process of destroying walls. Demo dogs are the single most obedient troops. They will always, ALWAYS run to the nearest piece of wall. A good defender knows how to make that go terribly wrong, so you need to read the defense carefully. Know your dog. You have to assess the level and depth of the wall versus the damage capacity of your dog to determine how many to deploy at once. If you drop 'em in the wrong quantity, on the wrong spot, at the wrong time, with the wrong pacing, or in the midst of crossfire, don't blame the darn dog!