PDA

View Full Version : Gem trap butterfly collecting???

synsanity
10-01-13, 10:54 AM
I've been collecting the butterflies since day one, many more hours a day than I want to admit. In many cases I have up to 8 of the specific color. I've received coins, items and a few gems. What I've never received is the topiary because I have never caught a green butterfly. So I'm wondering if this is another trap to get users to buy gems to get that last one or if I'm just that unlucky? I find it hard to believe I have so many of each and not a single green one. Anyone else???

Thanks!

creolepraline
10-01-13, 11:09 AM
I have double of some but need three more. Just like the collections on other TL games! I'm sure it will take time. They just released this not even two weeks ago.

kooky panda
10-01-13, 11:10 AM
I have two of the green butterflies.

I am missing one sold yellow one to complete the collection.

I never expected this to be real easy and fast. I knew that I would probably have at least one really rare one to find.

ghjvcucjb
10-01-13, 11:12 AM
The green ones are the hardest for me to find but they do eventually show up. Just keep collecting. I've been able to turn in 3 collections now.

synsanity
10-01-13, 11:25 AM
I see lots of topiaries around. Perhaps they all used gems.

synsanity
10-01-13, 11:27 AM
The green ones are the hardest for me to find but they do eventually show up. Just keep collecting. I've been able to turn in 3 collections now.

Are you referring to the butterflies? Wow I do have bad luck. Lol

dri22
10-01-13, 11:45 AM
Me too, I have duplicates of all butterflies, except one, the last one in the second row... The last one seems always epic to find...

ghjvcucjb
10-01-13, 12:33 PM
Are you referring to the butterflies? Wow I do have bad luck. Lol

Yes, the butterflies! I've gotten the topiary, 1 gem and coins with each turn in. The ladybug building lights up with beams of light, very pretty. My luck runs bad on other areas such as a lack of screws, nails and shovels and no matter how much I stalk Stormie's store, I couldnt trade my entire farm for a shovel. But the butterflies put a smile on my face!

synsanity
10-01-13, 12:59 PM
Yes, the butterflies! I've gotten the topiary, 1 gem and coins with each turn in. The ladybug building lights up with beams of light, very pretty. My luck runs bad on other areas such as a lack of screws, nails and shovels and no matter how much I stalk Stormie's store, I couldnt trade my entire farm for a shovel. But the butterflies put a smile on my face!

Yes! What's with the lack of shovels? ( while I'm here whining) I have never seen those drop. Sigh. I shall have a messy farm for a while.

pipipooh1977
10-01-13, 01:02 PM
I didn't use gems and I got the butterfly topiary! It took awhile to get the last butterfly, I didn't think I would ever get it, but I finally did!

yourstru
10-01-13, 10:09 PM
I got the topiary by not using gems, as a matter of fact I got 2 gems for the 2nd collection. I have many duplicates and the hardest one is the yellow/black butterfly

ongakuonna
10-01-13, 10:15 PM
Aww, I just got a butterfly I was missing plus a gem and then the game crashed lol. Just my luck, darnit!

nbella1414
10-02-13, 01:11 AM
I have several of all of the. But one. I can't tell if its black or white. But I haven't even gotten any for a few days now. Only coins. I never paid attention, are you guys saying the topiary is available in the market?

synsanity
10-02-13, 04:34 PM
I must confess...I saw the light... Finally today. After having ten collected in several colors. And then I got a second. Lol. Never fails. Maybe I will win big. I'm having fun anyway. At least I know it is possible. Thanks for the replies.

kudukuda
10-02-13, 11:45 PM
Are you kidding? If I have three bitterflies to collect all,day that's a lot. And they very very rarely drop anything but coins. I'm never getting a full collection.....

synsanity
10-03-13, 12:36 PM
I could have sworn I posted yesterday...that is odd. I was so happy and willing to admit I finally had gotten my final butterfly and topiary. Perhaps I said something I shouldn't have?

synsanity
10-03-13, 12:38 PM
And there it is right above...wow. Crazy girl alert...

sanya87
10-03-13, 02:24 PM
Today i made my butterflies collection two times! Got a blue one two times, i just couldnt believe! Received coins for both though.

zombiefun
10-15-13, 07:41 AM
As a zombie, I am kinda braindead, so... Where did you get collections? I checked FAQ, it says that you can buy in at the market, but mine doesn't have any. Only storage cellar. And I am seeing only one type of butterflies: blue one and orange one flying together.
And pets? I haven't seen any ever. Is there different versions of game?

I am lvl 28 now.

kooky panda
10-15-13, 08:12 AM
As a zombie, I am kinda braindead, so... Where did you get collections? I checked FAQ, it says that you can buy in at the market, but mine doesn't have any. Only storage cellar. And I am seeing only one type of butterflies: blue one and orange one flying together.
And pets? I haven't seen any ever. Is there different versions of game?

I am lvl 28 now.
This came with a version update to the game. Check itunes for an update to the game.

s_lynne
10-16-13, 03:04 AM
Ever since I figured out how to "collect" the butterflies, not one butterfly has been seen. What do I have to do so I can collect some butterflies too? I'm getting frustrated here!!

sunkalito
10-16-13, 03:43 AM
Ever since I figured out how to "collect" the butterflies, not one butterfly has been seen. What do I have to do so I can collect some butterflies too? I'm getting frustrated here!!

A lot of times mine are hidden behind buildings. Since i have very little space everything is kind of thrown in there, it's so messy. -.-

s_lynne
10-17-13, 12:34 AM
A lot of times mine are hidden behind buildings. Since i have very little space everything is kind of thrown in there, it's so messy. -.-

I'm with you on the whole "very little space". But I tried moving the buildings that I have and still nothing. I'm about to just give up on that goal.

knowitnot
10-18-13, 07:06 PM
I have "collected" five butterflies, but after the first two, I haven't gotten credit for them. Am I doing something wrong?

sunkalito
10-19-13, 06:55 AM
I can't seem to get a green butterfly, it's driving me nuts! Also I hate it when they hide behind buildings, and then disappear just when i'm about to tap them. :p

Anyone knows what this symbol is? It never appeared over my topiary before. Looks like a bag from Castle Story.

kooky panda
10-19-13, 08:30 AM
I have "collected" five butterflies, but after the first two, I haven't gotten credit for them. Am I doing something wrong?

Some butterflies you collect on, will give you coins, gems, parts. You will not always get one of the butterfly collections .

I can't seem to get a green butterfly, it's driving me nuts! Also I hate it when they hide behind buildings, and then disappear just when i'm about to tap them. :p

Anyone knows what this symbol is? It never appeared over my topiary before. Looks like a bag from Castle Story.
I have not see this bag yet. May of been a little glitch. If it happens again, please let me know.

knowitnot
10-19-13, 10:12 AM
Some butterflies you collect on, will give you coins, gems, parts. You will not always get one of the butterfly collections .

I must say this is EXTREMELY frustrating. I rarely get any butterflies, and when I do, they never count toward the collections. I'm about to throw in the towel on this one. I want games to be FUN, not frustrating.

Alasala
10-20-13, 01:13 AM
So far I have collected and turned in 3 complete sets of butterflies... got the Topiary on the first turn in (as expected) and then have got 2 gems on each of the next 2 turn ins. I always struggle to get the white butterfly to finish the collections. I have 5 or 6 of pretty much all the others, so if I can find a few white ones, I will get a few more turn ins.

regalia10
10-20-13, 07:38 AM
I bought the collection centre, caught three butterflies and now the complte collection centre is gone!
The dogs and cat and their houses have been removed from the market as well.

sunkalito
10-20-13, 08:29 AM

I have not see this bag yet. May of been a little glitch. If it happens again, please let me know.

I still haven't gotten a GREEN butterfly. But i have several of the other ones! Gah.
Yeah, the bag is still showing. I tap on it and get 5 coins and a couple of minutes later it shows up again, 5 more coins... All day long!

By the way my game seems to be a bit spazzy. It keeps going into the processing screen while i am in the middle of something. I think it's when i get a visit from someone but i'm not entirely sure. It's already hprevented me from buying stuff i wanted. :(

kooky panda
10-20-13, 12:08 PM
I bought the collection centre, caught three butterflies and now the complte collection centre is gone!
The dogs and cat and their houses have been removed from the market as well.

I am still seeing the dogs and cats in the market to purchase.
Try restarting your device to see if your collection gallery shows back up. Also check your storage cellar to see if it is there.

kooky panda
10-20-13, 12:09 PM
I still haven't gotten a GREEN butterfly. But i have several of the other ones! Gah.
Yeah, the bag is still showing. I tap on it and get 5 coins and a couple of minutes later it shows up again, 5 more coins... All day long!

By the way my game seems to be a bit spazzy. It keeps going into the processing screen while i am in the middle of something. I think it's when i get a visit from someone but i'm not entirely sure. It's already hprevented me from buying stuff i wanted. :(
The yellow butterfly is my rare one to get.

Not sure with the bags. Make sure you are playing on the halloween version and you have updated your device to the most current OS version.

bbb2001
10-21-13, 06:11 AM
I have had the collection for about three weeks. I see butterflies about every second day - when I click on them, very rarely do they go into my collection. I only get a few coins. Its so annoying! I even paid gems and bought that thing that is supposed to encourage butterflies but that was a rort. Any suggestions?

ginrae22
10-21-13, 09:37 AM
I didn't use gems and I got the butterfly topiary! It took awhile to get the last butterfly, I didn't think I would ever get it, but I finally did!

That's where I am I have a few of some and missing that last one, I don't even know what color it's supposed to be. It's the bottom center one. Hopefully I'll get it soon!

bmg9999
10-22-13, 04:57 AM
I get everything from butterflies except BUTTERFLIES!!!