PDA

View Full Version : Fed up!

calios
09-30-13, 02:14 AM
How on earth am I supposed to expand if I don't get the right papers to do so!

It says to do deliveries to get them but I don't get any, plenty of Old Maps but none of the others. And, by the way no spades or picks to clear stones and trees either!

I guess this is a ploy to get us to spend money on gems but I spent lots of money on Farm Story which is now being ignored by TL so I'm not going to spend money on this game.
I can't bring myself to spend money in case the same happens.

Please sort it out TL or this game is going to become very boring very quickly!

misssjp
12-19-13, 05:00 AM
hi,

i totally agree, im nearly on level 26 and i have had 2 spades the entire time. i have rubbish everywhere!!! i cant make it look nice as its got stuff anywhere!!!!!! grrrrrrrr

sort it out help us out please. :(

PookieBear50
12-19-13, 11:32 AM
All the expansion items can be an issue, along with the lack of shovels. I, too, suffer from a lack of shovels and deeds. May I suggest browsing regularly (actually, almost constantly) through the News Stand for what you're looking for? Oddly enough, I have picked up lots of maps from the News Stand...it is best to check right after the items for sale refresh, and at about the 2:30 countdown when it usually replenishes the open slots.

You might also try visiting random farms on the off-chance that they have Old Maps for sale. This has worked for me a few times, and I have also managed to get some good deals on other items that I usually had a low supply of (including bacon and lemons).

You might also try scanning through your neighbors' Side Shops regularly. If they need to open up space in their Barns, they may sell off the expansion items you need.

Or, from what I understand, you can craft shovels of your own once you get the forge and reach the mine.

missan71
12-21-13, 03:57 PM
I am done to! Its takes to long! A new building is 40000 come on, you make maybe 200 for a dilfery ! I am done!

GameOfFarms
12-23-13, 08:55 PM
It's definitely hard to start with, but it gets somewhat easier once you start to increase levels. I get plenty of picks through plane orders, but, just like everyone else, deeds are incredibly scarce. I've hunted down most of my deeds through the newspaper, through neighbours shops and through random farms I visit.
When I first started (during the Halloween edition) I bought a special pack of gems for $2.99 and I haven't bought any since. I've got very little gems but I manage. I don't generally use gems for buying decorations at all, just try and accrue them.
In regards to making your farm look nice, I didn't start removing hardly anything until I was in the 20's levels. And it's only now that I'm on level 33 that I started using my coins for adding fences, paths, etc
For quite awhile I ignored all orders and just sold through my shop, trying to earn as much money as possible. It seemed like I would get just enough money for a building and I'd be back to square one. But I've kept at it and now I fill some plane/train orders to try and get maps/deeds/shovels, etc, and continue selling in my shop, so much so that I have plenty of coins for the next couple of buildings and trees.
Yes, it's hard, but at the same time does it really need to be so easy that you race through the levels and get to the end as fast as possible? Having said that, MORE DEEDS PLEASE!!!

jacobtoddsmom
02-03-14, 12:49 AM
I agree it costs too much for machinery and it's really hard to expand, I've seen people quit because it's too hard to find papers!!! I sent great deliveries with hard to find gold etc for it to come back with rubbish for Xp and coins and no tools or papers up to 5 and 6 times in a row! Makes me hate deliveries and don't get me started on the train! Come on! 10 gold and 10 necklaces? I can't even get the parts to upgrade my barn to hold enough even if I hoarded everything I made to make sure I had for the train. Giving it the grade NI for needs improvement!

chokdii
03-01-14, 12:05 AM
I don't mind the papers and tools so much. Now. I get them though slowly. What I hate is the things that cost so much like the juicer. Unless I don't want to do anything but save and forget things like the train and the deliveries. I am growing bored as it is just too difficult to save as the items cost too much. That and too many gem items which is fine but then the animals that do cost coins are set at a ridiculous amount.

mln626
03-20-14, 06:24 AM
Really should have deleted weeks ago. feeling like a sucker. The orders I get seem to dipping below market price, it takes weeks to add a single item and that $2000 gem pony is just offensive to see. Costs are excessively high for the rewards/ earnings and I feel I'm being mocked. I swear it's programmed to look at my inventory, ask for what I don't have and under price what I do. I'm now deleting more orders than I fill. The leprechaun thing? Don't know how many thousand I spent to when $50 worth of low value goods. Is the goal to collect as many purchases as possible from a constant influx of newbies while not retaining players? I'd feed a few more purchases here and there I didn't get the feeling in being fleeced. But I now feel it would be pointless to buy gems as the greedy game will just gobble them up so quickly with so little sense of return. :(

orleansparish
03-20-14, 03:17 PM
Really should have deleted weeks ago. feeling like a sucker. The orders I get seem to dipping below market price, it takes weeks to add a single item and that $2000 gem pony is just offensive to see. Costs are excessively high for the rewards/ earnings and I feel I'm being mocked. I swear it's programmed to look at my inventory, ask for what I don't have and under price what I do. I'm now deleting more orders than I fill. The leprechaun thing? Don't know how many thousand I spent to when $50 worth of low value goods. Is the goal to collect as many purchases as possible from a constant influx of newbies while not retaining players? I'd feed a few more purchases here and there I didn't get the feeling in being fleeced. But I now feel it would be pointless to buy gems as the greedy game will just gobble them up so quickly with so little sense of return. :(

Why do you need to buy gems do well in the game? I don't buy any and it may be slow but you can get a lot accomplished in a little time, with smart work. Gosh, this sounds like real life!

I never buy items needed for deliveries from the stand. I delete the ones I cannot finish already or can't produce the items for in an hour or less. In the time it takes to make more goods, a new round of deliveries will pop up. Rinse and repeat.

For coins, I make and sell the items that sell the most. I always sell at the highest prices. Want discounts? Go elsewhere. And my stuff always sell. If one or so item is left for a couple days, Stormie buys it from me.

In always making items to sell I always do no less than 30 deliveries per day. I'm leveling up once per week. It could be better but I'd rather have money than a high level.

Last week I literally had less than 200 coins left after buying up too many traps to count. I focused on making juices, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pizzas, candy maker items and getting as many saws as I could to chop trees and make jewelry or the wooden horse. The only items I got from the stand while doing this was, milk, chocolate and lemons. Right now in one week I'm back up to 100,000 coins. Give a take a few hundred from buying more 100 coin trees.

You need patience but you don't need gems to have fun and stay ahead. Give it another try!

orleansparish
03-20-14, 03:21 PM
My one pet peeve is how many things need wood but saws are so hard to come by. Let's be honest, with all the buildings and being fully expanded no one needs more space. We choose to decorate. I have one more expansion plot left, about four animals homes, every building, every free, etc and can still fit more buildings.

We need more ways to obtain tools. I have no less than 20 pick axes and shovels at any given time. But saws? It's so annoying. Why can't you people sell them more! They're not really helpful. So go ahead...sell them....:p

mamareader02
03-20-14, 04:09 PM
Try befriending farms that have all their expansions done(like me), me and a few of max size farms sometimes put out a map or so,Also at high levels,some(blushing) are at max capacity in barn,so if I'm at max capacity in barn,no expansions left ,gotta sell those extra maps(yes,it hurts) to make space

orleansparish
03-20-14, 07:34 PM
Try befriending farms that have all their expansions done(like me), me and a few of max size farms sometimes put out a map or so,Also at high levels,some(blushing) are at max capacity in barn,so if I'm at max capacity in barn,no expansions left ,gotta sell those extra maps(yes,it hurts) to make space

This is true. I've been selling the green and yellow maps while I await the last 10 red maps I need. No, they aren't red and yellow but they have the colors on them and I can't remember their names! I sell about two of each of each per day because I have enough needed for my last expansion and am not concerned about saving any until new plots come about. I want more space in my barn for money making items. Newbies are always usually selling these things, not knowing their value later.

ciarjen
03-21-14, 01:59 AM
My one pet peeve is how many things need wood but saws are so hard to come by. Let's be honest, with all the buildings and being fully expanded no one needs more space. We choose to decorate. I have one more expansion plot left, about four animals homes, every building, every free, etc and can still fit more buildings.

We need more ways to obtain tools. I have no less than 20 pick axes and shovels at any given time. But saws? It's so annoying. Why can't you people sell them more! They're not really helpful. So go ahead...sell them....:p

I get loads of saws when making deliveries but when I am making deliveries, I make a lot of deliveries in few days so I can level up. I lose a lot of money during this time but I get the XP to level up and a by product is lots of saws, axes, shovels which I can then use to make more stuff.

kc4388
03-21-14, 06:57 AM

Why, you need them to trim the hedges!;)

rainingdogs444
03-22-14, 12:43 PM
If you have a second device start a new game with a different id and add this farm to your neighbour list and vice versa. Then you can collect and sell all interesting items like maps or saws in the shop ad buy it with your regular id on your regular device. Sometimes it will happen that a third person is faster but normally it works and you will get most of the things you sell with your dummy id.

Oh, the connection sometimes is not in real time so it takes a few seconds until the items appear in the shop. It is helpful to reload from time to time (just quit the shop and enter it again).

This helped me a lot to get the last two expansions. But it won't work after you got to higher levels on you "dummy device" because then you will need the items for yourself. Despite that it is very useful if you just need several parts.