PDA

View Full Version : airship = next to useless?

crusader7
09-29-13, 08:38 AM
I couldn't find a way to make those count in a battle: they move so slow, and the towers and flamethrower just rips throuh them; and if I managed to take out those, I pretty much managed to take out all the defense... so no point deploying them...
also, to this point no attacker of my base ever used one (not even much higher level players)
that said, I have them only at level 1, so maybe things will change for the better...
what do you guys think? ever been succesful with those?

jahil
10-02-13, 01:55 AM
I couldn't find a way to make those count in a battle: they move so slow, and the towers and flamethrower just rips throuh them; and if I managed to take out those, I pretty much managed to take out all the defense... so no point deploying them...
also, to this point no attacker of my base ever used one (not even much higher level players)
that said, I have them only at level 1, so maybe things will change for the better...
what do you guys think? ever been succesful with those?

I succeeded once but it happened cause they put the towers in a row...and next to it was the lightning... Managed to distract he towers with 5 bears... Then targeted the middle tower...splash damage of the airship attack is also tremendous specially if you have many... After the towers got destroyed its a free **** zone for the ships....

sand
10-02-13, 10:29 AM
I don't think ANY troop is useless, although many a seasoned player will tell you not to waste time with airships or assassins.
The major drawback with these troops is that they are valuable only under very specific conditions. You need to either go searching for those conditions or create them yourself by taking out the defenses that effortlessly stop airships or assassins. If you can't do that then these guys just take up space in your unit that could have been used for more general-purpose troops.
As an indication of how few players deploy airships, most have flamethrowers that will never fire a single shot until they reach the levels where attackers are bringing mages to the battlefield.

sand
10-04-13, 07:41 AM
As luck would have it, I took 2 donated airships for a spin this morning. After the dance of the bears, lemme tell ya, their flight was a thing of beauty, and I had an excellent raid.
While it seems a pain to knock down walls and deploy ground troops against air-defense weapons before sending in airships, consider that demolitionists can't reach the walls at the interior of a base. Whether you use these at all should depend upon how the defense is set up. If anti-air weapons are deep and caged, I wouldn't bother, unless you can afford enough airships to overwhelm them, which I think would mean a LOT of airships! Not exactly fast and cheap to train.
Having said that, I can't wait to train them myself.

crusader7
10-04-13, 01:47 PM
I can see your point and indeed they might be fun at higher lvls, when you can afford losing a few spots in your army, just in case an opportunity presents itself.
What I wanted to say is that they seem highly unbalanced: so yes, they do alot of damage, but what good if they die faster than a poor thief?

abc456
10-30-13, 09:46 PM
How do they preform defensively from the alliance portal? Seems like anything that only attacks ground targets would get slaughtered by the airships powerful splash damage. i.e. thief's, warriors or even bears. I guess they might be able to out run the airship though. Cause they are freaking slow! Only units that attack air targets would fight back against them if used defensively I'd think. Is this a good counter to thief's?

goddessnikole
10-30-13, 11:03 PM
The airship is useful. Trust.

syllrag
10-30-13, 11:26 PM
How is it compared to summoners? Both can go through walls

goddessnikole
10-30-13, 11:50 PM
Use airships defensively against summoners when attacked..... Also, any low level troop is useless. Take the month to upgrade them and watch your luck change

sand
10-31-13, 09:58 AM
Use airships defensively against summoners when attacked..... Also, any low level troop is useless. Take the month to upgrade them and watch your luck change

Have YOU taken the month to upgrade them and change your luck? How could promoting your airships possibly help you defend against summoners? You can't use your own troops for defense!

sand
10-31-13, 10:32 AM
I'm predicting a whole new movement among alliances, where we all promote our airships and donate them to each other. Five promoted airships in a level 3 portal. It could happen.

joylogan
10-31-13, 02:50 PM
Have YOU taken the month to upgrade them and change your luck? How could promoting your airships possibly help you defend against summoners? You can't use your own troops for defense!

what I understand is that the donated airships used in the guild castle in the attack they work for defense airships in my opinion are the best troops for the defense, because it can not be attacked by any troops, such time by a dragon

crusader7
10-31-13, 03:15 PM
@joylogan no, they are attacked by archers, but they are effective against the summones/healers combo, which seems to piss off everybody. I tried this twice and gived up, as I failed miserably, plus the time to raise such an army is way too long for my taste.

joylogan
11-01-13, 12:24 PM
@joylogan no, they are attacked by archers, but they are effective against the summones/healers combo, which seems to piss off everybody. I tried this twice and gived up, as I failed miserably, plus the time to raise such an army is way too long for my taste.

for archers?, wow

crusader7
11-01-13, 12:28 PM
not for archers lol. for full summoners+healers

nachomandeluxe
11-12-13, 08:14 PM
I use airships. I find them pretty helpful