PDA

View Full Version : OCT 2, 2013---Weekly Update

graciessweets
09-28-13, 06:21 AM
Edit(KP)

New goal thread here http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59357-Bakery-Halloween-2013-Goals&p=749707#post749707

GG Edit -

New content:

Mummy Head Table - locked by goal - 14,000 coins
Raising Hand Chair - 3,500 coins
Full Moon Clock - 20,000 coins
Ghostly Gathering (floor decoration) - locked by goal
Twisted Cupcake Tree (floor decoration) - locked by goal - 15,000 coins
Natasha's Cauldron (floor decoration) - locked by goal - 15,000 coins
Dead of Night (wallpaper) - 4,500 coins
Moonlit Floor - 3,500 coins
Jack 'O' Counter - 7,500 coins

Haunted Drink Machine - locked by goal - 15,000 coins (needs parts)
http://i41.tinypic.com/j0vdhe.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2zz3jav.jpg

Spectral Oven - locked by goal - (needs parts)

Ok TL, next week is the first week of October. Can we count on you for a Halloween update? Autumn update? Something that will make sense to the month of October?

We were patient and didn't cause to much of a stir these past two weeks, pay it forward. We tried to give TL the benefit of the doubt and pass it off as you were busy with IOS7 (though I must admit I think you knew it was coming and should have already been ready).

Don't get me wrong, the updates were cute just would have been wonderful if they were released like 5 months ago. Just saying.

Also, how about a Halloween update before the actual holiday? You can treat us instead of tricking ;-) What was with the Labor Day decor after the fact?! Epic fail my friends.

So what do you say TL? Throw us a bone? Please break the trend of dissapointment. I still believe in you but am wearing thin. You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! (thought cheering/positive words may be what you need)

Sincerely,
Ready for Octoberfest aka Jack-o-lantern smiles

chewytwix
09-28-13, 06:41 AM
I'm sure TL will give us Halloween before Halloween because we are entering their biggest season of the year...Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas. If they want fat bonuses, they know they should deliver in advance. No one buys anything after a holiday unless it's heavily marked down. But yes, I do agree with you, the order in which items have been released lately make no sense...what's with the candy princess theme in the fall??? TL, u weirdos.

chewytwix
09-28-13, 06:42 AM
Oh yeah and Black Friday....that's tl's best day. Speaking of which, we should get the ball rolling on what we would like to see released on Black Friday.

graciessweets
09-28-13, 06:48 AM
Oh yeah and Black Friday....that's tl's best day. Speaking of which, we should get the ball rolling on what we would like to see released on Black Friday.

Good idea! New thread for black Friday wish list ;-)

jusmar201
09-28-13, 10:55 AM
Im really hoping for a Halloween update I wasnt playing last year so im really looking forward to all the upcoming holidays updates... :D

mergirl96
09-28-13, 11:43 AM
Im really hoping for a Halloween update I wasnt playing last year so im really looking forward to all the upcoming holidays updates... :D

I know how you feel! I would have loved to be able to get a hold of last years holiday items. Please TL give us an awesome Halloween update.

sls0991
09-28-13, 02:12 PM
I've been waiting all year for this..

Gypsy_Cat
09-30-13, 08:18 AM
Halloween is tied with Christmas as my very favorite holiday/season! I almost died from the cute costumes that the 'bots were wearing last year! I really, really hope they do that again this year.

IsisGarden
09-30-13, 09:25 AM
I want Fall stuff and colors!!!! Browns, Dark Reds, Dark Greens, Oranges, and Golden Yellows! PLEASE

IsisGarden
09-30-13, 09:30 AM
I want some pumpkin bread or pumpkin cake pops.

ashrb
09-30-13, 10:16 AM
Ok TL, next week is the first week of October. Can we count on you for a Halloween update? Autumn update? Something that will make sense to the month of October?

We were patient and didn't cause to much of a stir these past two weeks, pay it forward. We tried to give TL the benefit of the doubt and pass it off as you were busy with IOS7 (though I must admit I think you knew it was coming and should have already been ready).

Don't get me wrong, the updates were cute just would have been wonderful if they were released like 5 months ago. Just saying.

Also, how about a Halloween update before the actual holiday? You can treat us instead of tricking ;-) What was with the Labor Day decor after the fact?! Epic fail my friends.

So what do you say TL? Throw us a bone? Please break the trend of dissapointment. I still believe in you but am wearing thin. You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! (thought cheering/positive words may be what you need)

Sincerely,
Ready for Octoberfest aka Jack-o-lantern smiles

I couldn't have said this better myself :) My hope has definitely been wearing thin with this company & game, so I stopped playing as much. But with it being Autumn now and Halloween coming, I'm truly hoping they deliver big because us bakery players deserve that much. And I'm hoping they make it fair and give the opportunity to purchase a lot of great COIN items rather than making every update gem heavy. Fingers & toes crossed!

myferngardens
10-01-13, 07:04 PM
Ugh. Where is the update teaser?! I need a hint. I can not stand the suspense. I hope TL makes my day with a kick butt seasonally appropriate update.

graciessweets
10-01-13, 09:26 PM
Well, seems that the update could go great based on fashion story's Halloween update this week or terrible if you look at the music update in restaurant story. Not feeling too optimistic.....don't let us down TL.

nicola211982
10-02-13, 04:55 AM
I don't even know if I should gift yet or send requests for today in case i need some later....

sourlicorice5
10-02-13, 08:30 AM
Well, seems that the update could go great based on fashion story's Halloween update this week or terrible if you look at the music update in restaurant story. Not feeling too optimistic.....don't let us down TL.

I havent gotten an update in Restaurant yet. That sucks its a music theme AGAIN :-( I was hoping for Halloween stuff. On a side not Fashion story had a great Halloween update so thx there TL. i hope Bakery gets a great HALLOWEEN UPDATE to xx

sourlicorice5
10-02-13, 08:31 AM
I havent gotten an update in Restaurant yet. That sucks its a music theme AGAIN :-( I was hoping for Halloween stuff. On a side note Fashion story had a great Halloween update so thx there TL. i hope Bakery gets a great HALLOWEEN UPDATE to xx

Edited...........

creolepraline
10-02-13, 09:10 AM
I havent gotten an update in Restaurant yet. That sucks its a music theme AGAIN :-( I was hoping for Halloween stuff. On a side not Fashion story had a great Halloween update so thx there TL. i hope Bakery gets a great HALLOWEEN UPDATE to xx

Where do you see a musical themed update for restaurant?

jusmar201
10-02-13, 10:13 AM
Theres no update yet hoping Halloween like in fashion story....

creolepraline
10-02-13, 11:12 AM
Goals today people! The new drink machine needs 5 screws and 5 gear. There are three goal prizes. And a cute pumpkin counter that is only 7000 coins.

greygull
10-02-13, 11:15 AM
New goal thread here http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59357-Bakery-Halloween-2013-Goals&p=749707#post749707

(I'll get pics up in a few minutes)

rosewaterlily
10-02-13, 11:24 AM
LOL me, I'm baking pumpkin pie because I'm supposed to be on a plane for the next eighteen hours, now it'll be 30 some hours before I can start the goals. Oooh, we get a Natasha (with cauldron) as one of the goal prizes.

greygull
10-02-13, 11:32 AM
New content:

Mummy Head Table - locked by goal - 14,000 coins
Raising Hand Chair - 3,500 coins
Full Moon Clock - 20,000 coins
Ghostly Gathering (floor decoration) - locked by goal
Twisted Cupcake Tree (floor decoration) - locked by goal - 15,000 coins
Natasha's Cauldron (floor decoration) - locked by goal - 15,000 coins
Dead of Night (wallpaper) - 4,500 coins
Moonlit Floor - 3,500 coins
Jack 'O' Counter - 7,500 coins

Haunted Drink Machine - locked by goal - 15,000 coins (needs parts)
http://i41.tinypic.com/j0vdhe.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2zz3jav.jpg

Spectral Oven - locked by goal - (needs parts)

graciessweets
10-02-13, 11:49 AM
You did it TL! Thanks for the Halloween update!!!

Nelvette
10-02-13, 12:15 PM
Ok, I wanted so much more than this. anyways I bought the bones chairs and I can't see them, can somebody help me?

CuteTali
10-02-13, 12:22 PM
I took a look at the locked goal rewards and I must say I', actually pleasantly surprised! I don't usually complete halloween related goals because the rewards are so ugly that I wouldn't want to use them in my shop, but these are actually cute! Good job combining an upcoming holiday with cuteness you'd expect in a bakery!

zaxlass
10-02-13, 12:30 PM
How about some autumn related items, not all of us like such ghoulish things?

joanmartins
10-02-13, 12:36 PM
im so not doing this goal

riacookie
10-02-13, 01:11 PM
Edit(KP)

Also, how about a Halloween update before the actual holiday? You can treat us instead of tricking ;-)

This company has created a numerous amount of games/apps for people--for free! I wish people would be a little more patient and understanding as they have SO many apps and games to edit and update with new iOS/android versions/bugs/fixes/ weekly updates/holiday goals/ etc.

Could you imagine mowing the lawn of 200 townsfolk, with a smile on your face and for free, and just to have them complain and nag that you're not quick enough or you don't mow to their expectations, when without you (the worker) their lawn would not be tended to at no cost?

I think what would be best, instead of critiquing their mistakes, shine on their accomplishments! :D Perhaps make suggestions to new items, or something positive! :o

ashrb
10-02-13, 01:23 PM
This company has created a numerous amount of games/apps for people--for free! I wish people would be a little more patient and understanding as they have SO many apps and games to edit and update with new iOS/android versions/bugs/fixes/ weekly updates/holiday goals/ etc.

Could you imagine mowing the lawn of 200 townsfolk, with a smile on your face and for free, and just to have them complain and nag that you're not quick enough or you don't mow to their expectations, when without you (the worker) their lawn would not be tended to at no cost?

I think what would be best, instead of critiquing their mistakes, shine on their accomplishments! :D Perhaps make suggestions to new items, or something positive! :o

Running a gaming company you can expect there to be positive as well as negative critique. Without negative critique how would they better their company? And the above person did give feedback on what they would like to see for Halloween updates. Everyone is entitled to their feelings and opinions, whether it be positive or negative. It's just not realistic to run a company and only have positive feedback or opinions.

riacookie
10-02-13, 01:34 PM
Running a gaming company you can expect there to be positive as well as negative critique. Without negative critique how would they better their company? And the above person did give feedback on what they would like to see for Halloween updates. Everyone is entitled to their feelings and opinions, whether it be positive or negative. It's just not realistic to run a company and only have positive feedback or opinions.

I agree, only positive feedback can hinder stuff, but complaining/nagging is not exactly negative critique. And yes, there was feedback, I just feel that people voice their opinions as if they are entitled to exactly what they want, i.e., "pay it forward" in OP's post, or "We tried to give TL the benefit of the doubt and pass it off as you were busy with IOS7 (though I must admit I think you knew it was coming and should have already been ready)." I'm sure they are aware of their time schedules/ deadline expectancy of the population and don't need comments like that.

riacookie
10-02-13, 01:40 PM
edit: after reading "I think what would be best, instead of critiquing their mistakes," on my post, I shouldn't have used "critiqued" and put "nagged" !

ashrb
10-02-13, 01:45 PM
I agree, only positive feedback can hinder stuff, but complaining/nagging is not exactly negative critique. And yes, there was feedback, I just feel that people voice their opinions as if they are entitled to exactly what they want, i.e., "pay it forward" in OP's post, or "We tried to give TL the benefit of the doubt and pass it off as you were busy with IOS7 (though I must admit I think you knew it was coming and should have already been ready)." I'm sure they are aware of their time schedules/ deadline expectancy of the population and don't need comments like that.

I understand what you're saying. Sometimes on here I get annoyed when others complain when players have negative feedback or critique towards updates because at the end of the day it's a little weird to expect everyone to always be happy with every little update, whether it is a free game or not.

riacookie
10-02-13, 01:47 PM
I understand what you're saying. Sometimes on here I get annoyed when others complain when players have negative feedback or critique towards updates because at the end of the day it's a little weird to expect everyone to always be happy with every little update, whether it is a free game or not.

Ah, right on! totally understand and feel better now. :>

sls0991
10-02-13, 10:10 PM
I feel a little let down. LOVE the wallpaper, don't really like anything else, lol. Oh, the pumpkin counters, loved those too. I'll take that though, both worth coins so I am happy. I was hoping for something creepier hahahah.

nic1967
10-03-13, 12:45 AM

TL doesn't listen either way, positive or negative & yes, the app itself is free but TL makes plenty of money from all of their "free" games. How many of us have lost gems? I'm not talking about accidentally buying something. I think most of us have or know someone who has. NOTHING is ever completely free. When we are asked to spend hard earned money on gems, gold, diamonds, etc we should have the right to certain expectations.

minidemon88
10-03-13, 01:34 AM
The ghostly gathering looks kinda cute. And we finally have Natasha as a decoration. Finally I can bake something new again! :o

angelmama24
10-03-13, 08:56 AM
Good idea! New thread for black Friday wish list ;-)

Yes, great idea. But has anyone started a thread for black Friday wish list? I wasn't yet playing BS last December, so I am unfamiliar with the TL black Friday goodies. Yet I am intrigued, and think I shall try to save up some coins/gems for the occasion.

angelmama24
10-03-13, 08:59 AM
Ok, I wanted so much more than this. anyways I bought the bones chairs and I can't see them, can somebody help me?

If some items in your bakery become invisible, try clearing your cache. This often happens when your device is low on memory. If that doesn't work, see if you can delete a few apps (for example, try not to keep more than one version of each game on your device; always delete the old version after an update).

scarletdragon18
10-03-13, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but will the appliances from last year (from both Restaurant and Bakery) be brought back this year? It would be cool because I never got them.

sls0991
10-03-13, 10:22 PM
So new teasers go out on Friday usually, but they've been slacking. Someone tell TL that today is my birthday and if they want me to spend my birthday money on gems, then give me a teaser!! lol.

happyheartfla
10-04-13, 07:11 AM
Some of my neighbors are sending hallowen related gifts from last year...bat freshner, vampire cape, etc. While they are very cute, I wonder if I will actually be able to use them. Does anyone know if they can be used for anything this year??

happyheartfla
10-04-13, 07:25 AM
If some items in your bakery become invisible, try clearing your cache. This often happens when your device is low on memory. If that doesn't work, see if you can delete a few apps (for example, try not to keep more than one version of each game on your device; always delete the old version after an update).

It may also just be the design of the chairs. I too, noticed they were very hard to see. I moved them to a different background and plain color tile, and suddenly 'there they were!' :p

electrikbarbarella
10-04-13, 07:38 AM
Just wanted to thank TL!!!!! The update is awesomely fun and we have plenty of time to enjoy the decor and get the goals done before the holiday. Woo hoo!!!!!

nky1111
10-04-13, 09:12 AM
Some of my neighbors are sending hallowen related gifts from last year...bat freshner, vampire cape, etc. While they are very cute, I wonder if I will actually be able to use them. Does anyone know if they can be used for anything this year??

Android users are now pulling the stuff from halloween edition 2012, they may build more coffins and cauldrons as well.. especially if they have started playing last autumn or later.

chillez
10-04-13, 10:03 AM
I would love some more pumpkin food. The pumpkin pie we have is nice but it takes so long and isn't that pretty. We need something pumpkin that is shorter and prettier.

minidemon88
10-04-13, 11:02 AM
Android users are now pulling the stuff from halloween edition 2012, they may build more coffins and cauldrons as well.. especially if they have started playing last autumn or later.

It's a pity that the Halloween version for ios user are no longer supported. I was still hoping to get some of the stuffs in the seasonal versions. Especially the one in Christmas version. Sigh~

angelmama24
10-04-13, 12:43 PM
So new teasers go out on Friday usually, but they've been slacking. Someone tell TL that today is my birthday and if they want me to spend my birthday money on gems, then give me a teaser!! lol.

Happy birthday!!! Hope you get something good with your gems!! :D

happyheartfla
10-05-13, 02:00 PM

I'm android, but didn't start playing until this past June. I don't see appliances or decorations that would use these items. Does that mean that I'm just out of luck? Wish I could just hang the vampire cape on the wall..it's cute! :)

nky1111
10-05-13, 02:36 PM
no you don't hang it.. you can build a coffin drink machine with it That's in Bakery story Halloween edition (2012) that you can still get on the internet

w3ndy21
10-05-13, 02:44 PM
Is anyone experiencing trouble unlocking some of the halloween items. I was doing one of the goals and i had to purchse teh Twisted Cupcake Tree but it wasnt letting me buy it, it was steal locked eventhough it was telling me tobuy it? is you experience this problem and found a way to fix it, please pass on the information. Thank you

kooky panda
10-05-13, 04:48 PM
Is anyone experiencing trouble unlocking some of the halloween items. I was doing one of the goals and i had to purchse teh Twisted Cupcake Tree but it wasnt letting me buy it, it was steal locked eventhough it was telling me tobuy it? is you experience this problem and found a way to fix it, please pass on the information. Thank you

You may have to complete one of the other goals first.
Here is a list of the goals.

Bakery Halloween 2013 Goals (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59357-Bakery-Halloween-2013-Goals)

cutelittlebabypanda
10-05-13, 05:54 PM
deleted

CatLadyy
10-06-13, 11:37 AM
Really liking the Halloween content so far! Keep 'em coming! :)
I especially like the table & chair, wallpaper and the haunted drink machine :)