PDA

View Full Version : Time, Costs and Winning

cad33
09-27-13, 09:08 AM
Within the last 24 hours, I've made no direct attacks on others but have been attacked 8 times.
I have won all but 2 attack. I have revenged all but 2 attack. My total win/loss rate is 14/2.
All in all, I'd say I'm doing pretty well.

The issue is that I've lost over $225k in the last 24 hrs. That's more than I make. Having won 6 battles, I still lost 80k.

To get to the next Royal Hall lvl (5), I need $375k coins. The more coins I'm holding, the more coins I lose. And losing more coins than I make while winning 75% of the time.

I am at a point where I can no longer advance, even though I'm winning most of the time. And that I only lost 3-4 crowns means I'm stuck at this level where I'm getting destroyed without any means of advancing to my next Royal Hall level for better defenses.

[Removed third party web link ] (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58319-Please-do-not-post-outside-links])

By my calculations, I should have started my Royal Hall lvl 5 (which take 48 hours) 'now'. After my loses, who knows. If I am not able to start it within the next 60 hours, I'm deleting this game. Games are fun to a point, frustrations are not. The game has potential but you have a LOT of gameplay mechanics to work out.

maguar
09-27-13, 04:37 PM
I think your situation highlights the difference between offensive and defensive battles. With offensive battles (attacking other people) you have a chance of getting coins and spell stone. With defensive battles (they attack you) you have a chance of losing coins and spell stones. The reason I say chance is because it depends on whether/how many royal halls, vaults, mines and markets are attacked/destroyed. By primarily relying on defensive battles, you're in a position where you will lose coins etc. I would suggest that if possible you go on an attacking spree - focusing raiding money rather than winning. This should help you to quickly get the cash needed for your upgrade. Yes it does put you at risk of revenge attacks, but if you've already spent the can theyre not going to get much.