PDA

View Full Version : Trading without others snatching up item

mamareader02
09-27-13, 09:02 AM
We are supposed to to be able to "trade or help neighbors",how can we do that if when we try to help a neighbor on our neighbor list when others swoop in and buy desired item?would like a feature to actually be able to help out my neighbors on trading,even being on their shop when they post the object isn't good enough,somehow someone else gets the item before it shows up on sale on your view of their shop!

Edit(KP)

Here is some clarification on Promoting items

You can promote every 10 hours.

When you promote, it guarantees that your item will be sold within a certain amount of time.

If you unclick the box your items will not be promoted, but they will still show up in the newspaper

sourlicorice5
09-27-13, 10:04 AM
That would be a good feature to add.

kooky panda
09-27-13, 10:29 AM
Maybe an advertise button can be added. When you list items if you want them to go into the newspaper for everyone to see you can check that box.

So you can list items without them going into the newspaper to give your neighbors first crack at buying them.

Then if they do not sell, then you go back and click the advertise button to put them in the newpaper if none of your nbrs buy them.

mamareader02
09-27-13, 05:22 PM
That's a great(and easy to implement )idea Kooky!

ongakuonna
09-27-13, 08:14 PM
I love this idea and really hope they implement it into the game! Perhaps they could even put a time limit on private sales -- EG: you can't push your goods to the public newspaper until they've been unsold for maybe 4 hours? That way you would have a small penalty for making it private.

kooky panda
09-27-13, 08:23 PM
The only problem is... I would miss hijacking shovels!! LOL...

Yes, my name is Kooky Panda, and I hijack farm tools !!

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/lemonz445/pandabandit.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/lemonz445/media/pandabandit.jpg.html)

olcastle
09-27-13, 10:22 PM
I've thought the Promote button put an item into the newspaper.

mymummy789
09-28-13, 01:38 AM

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/lemonz445/pandabandit.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/lemonz445/media/pandabandit.jpg.html)

you are not alone :D

sourlicorice5
09-28-13, 10:20 AM

Lol guess Im a bandit to :- P

Just call me the Sour Bandit :-P

greygull
09-28-13, 10:40 AM
Hello, my name is greygull, and I'm a bandit as well lol.

igames4me
09-28-13, 11:04 AM
yesterday i found 3 hammers in newspaper lol

greygull
09-28-13, 11:26 AM
I don't know if this would be possible, but here's my personal idea:

3 categories of selling - General, Neighbor Only, Specific Neighbor Only. Maybe the latter 2 could have time limits - say, 1 hour. The Neighbor Only then would move to General, and Specific Neighbor would move to Neighbor, then General. Also, the default would be for General - you would have to make a check somewhere to choose a different one. And you could only chose it while listing the item, not after its out.

Most things I'm selling, I am either emptying out some extra inventory, or just wanting to make some extra coins. But occasionally, I am trying to sell something specific to a specific neighbor, usually for an agreed upon price. Thankfully one of my neighbors is pretty fast (you know who you are lol), and they get the item(s). But once, we were trading some parts out, and someone else snuck in and grabbed the ones I was selling before my neighbor could get them. I'm glad I had extras, but we were trading at lowest price :(

olcastle
09-28-13, 12:00 PM
I think the easiest way to solve this is to let us gift each other from our inventory.

sourlicorice5
09-28-13, 07:11 PM
I love visiting level8-10 players from community. I just nabbed 2 deeds and then one nail, paint can and permit (all three from same player). I figured they dont know better and want the coins or possibly trying to sell to nbrs. Either way was a perfect score for me lol. I know im bad but seeing how the drop rate is low u gotta do what u gotta do :-P

I do like greygulls idea though. I would probably occasionally sell maps etc to nbrs to help them out if I knew i could make sure they got them.

sourlicorice5
09-28-13, 07:14 PM
Bonus again. Just nabbed up 8 old maps.

doodlebug8
09-28-13, 10:16 PM
I've thought the Promote button put an item into the newspaper.

Yes, that's what I though too, so I had no problem snatching up tools and maps from the paper. It never even occurred to me that the stuff in the paper was randomly placed there and that people were specifically trying to trade with someone. I feel kinda bad now, but I know I wont stop grabbing tools and maps fast as I can!:o

ongakuonna
09-29-13, 10:29 AM
I think the easiest way to solve this is to let us gift each other from our inventory.

AGREE!!! Then we can gift specific parts to neighbors and still be evil ninjas with the newspaper :)
I tell myself that the person selling it honestly just wants their 175 gold. I know, I'm living in a dream world but I like it here.

greygull
09-29-13, 12:01 PM
I tell myself that the person selling it honestly just wants their 175 gold. I know, I'm living in a dream world but I like it here.

Maybe they just really need room in their barn? Lol

kooky panda
09-30-13, 11:40 AM
Here is some clarification on Promoting items

You can promote every 10 hours.

When you promote, it guarantees that your item will be sold within a certain amount of time.

If you unclick the box your items will not be promoted, but they will still show up in the newspaper.

mamareader02
09-30-13, 11:42 AM

Another "aye" for this idea!:)

sanya87
10-01-13, 06:30 AM
i tried to sell some maps at the lowest price to a neighbor and two times in a row somebody grabbed them before, unbelievable. i mean who would sell a map for 35 coins if it was not specifically to do a favor? you want to be nice and help someone but obviously this is not best way to do it :( i agree we must to get some option to manage our sales in the newspaper and private.

ongakuonna
10-01-13, 10:27 AM
i tried to sell some maps at the lowest price to a neighbor and two times in a row somebody grabbed them before, unbelievable. i mean who would sell a map for 35 coins if it was not specifically to do a favor? you want to be nice and help someone but obviously this is not best way to do it :( i agree we must to get some option to manage our sales in the newspaper and private.

Maybe even a COD option? Check off the neighbor you would like to send parts to and the price you'd like them to pay. When neighbor gets the parts they a message like "This will cost 175 gold to receive. Do you accept these charges?"

minidemon88
10-01-13, 11:24 AM
Hate to admit, but I love snatching whatever expansion/upgrading items in the newspaper. Wahaha..! XD And thanks to this, I finally managed to expand to the beehives. Now saving for the candle maker. Though this will take weeks.

ongakuonna
10-01-13, 12:18 PM
Hmm, maybe TL could do a once per day sort of thing then so we can still sell to a specific neighbor and also still be sneaky ninjas?

sanya87
10-01-13, 12:31 PM
Maybe even a COD option? Check off the neighbor you would like to send parts to and the price you'd like them to pay. When neighbor gets the parts they a message like "This will cost 175 gold to receive. Do you accept these charges?"

Yes it is also a good idea! Well actually all the suggestions are good and would help a lot to improve the trading :)

ongakuonna
10-01-13, 01:48 PM
Yes it is also a good idea! Well actually all the suggestions are good and would help a lot to improve the trading :)

I'd even be ok with a delivery charge added. "This will cost 175 gold to receive plus a 35 gold delivery charge. Do you accept charges of 210 gold?" That way there is at least a penalty for doing it.

ongakuonna
10-01-13, 01:50 PM
Since I can't edit: delivery charge of 20% is what I did there. I think 20% seems like an amount TL might actually go for if this were implemented.

sunkalito
10-13-13, 08:05 AM
I don't know if this would be possible, but here's my personal idea:

3 categories of selling - General, Neighbor Only, Specific Neighbor Only. Maybe the latter 2 could have time limits - say, 1 hour. The Neighbor Only then would move to General, and Specific Neighbor would move to Neighbor, then General. Also, the default would be for General - you would have to make a check somewhere to choose a different one. And you could only chose it while listing the item, not after its out.

Most things I'm selling, I am either emptying out some extra inventory, or just wanting to make some extra coins. But occasionally, I am trying to sell something specific to a specific neighbor, usually for an agreed upon price. Thankfully one of my neighbors is pretty fast (you know who you are lol), and they get the item(s). But once, we were trading some parts out, and someone else snuck in and grabbed the ones I was selling before my neighbor could get them. I'm glad I had extras, but we were trading at lowest price :(
Awesome ideas!! I almost cried once... When i was trying to get expansion permits (3!!!!) from a neighbor but THEY WERE SNATCHED UP!!

Although i gotta admit, i've stolen some building items as well. Haha.

WinterWiz
10-21-13, 12:04 PM
I'd even be ok with a delivery charge added. "This will cost 175 gold to receive plus a 35 gold delivery charge. Do you accept charges of 210 gold?" That way there is at least a penalty for doing it.

Wouldn't stop anyone from buying it before your intended neighbor could get it. I have lots of money and need shovels, maps, etc. If I see them in the newspaper at ANY price, I'm buying them... a measly 20% upcharge isn't stopping me.

I would prefer an interface where you can simply give or trade items to another specific player. That way, if I have a bunch of hammers and my wife needs some, I can give them to her without worrying whether someone else will get them first.

ginrae22
10-21-13, 12:11 PM
I love visiting level8-10 players from community. I just nabbed 2 deeds and then one nail, paint can and permit (all three from same player). I figured they dont know better and want the coins or possibly trying to sell to nbrs. Either way was a perfect score for me lol. I know im bad but seeing how the drop rate is low u gotta do what u gotta do :-P

How do you manage that? I didn't think we could access players shops that we aren't neighbors with?

ginrae22
10-21-13, 12:14 PM
Hate to admit, but I love snatching whatever expansion/upgrading items in the newspaper. Wahaha..! XD And thanks to this, I finally managed to expand to the beehives. Now saving for the candle maker. Though this will take weeks.

do you check the newspaper literally every 5 minutes all day ? I feel like I'm frequently there and hardly ever find anything good.

greygull
10-21-13, 01:40 PM
How do you manage that? I didn't think we could access players shops that we aren't neighbors with?

You can access anyone's side shop, just tap on their stand. If you purchase from the newspaper, you can visit them and check out their other items for sale. Same if someone else bought the item in the newspaper. Visiting from the News Feed, your Wall, or random people in the community. The only place you're limited to seeing your neighbors items is when you're in a side shop, and your neighbors and their items (total number, not listed out) are listed underneath.

ginrae22
10-21-13, 01:56 PM
oooooooooo lol thanks! I feel like a dumbo. I am not used to being able to click on anyone else's anything in any of the other games so it never occurred to me to do that. THanks! I've learned a lot today!

sunkalito
10-21-13, 01:56 PM
Yesterday I did something that made me feel realy bad. :x each time I see a map, whichever one, i just jump at it like a dog! Ha. I've bought some expensive ones but whatevs... Anyway, yesterday I saw one and jumped at it... I only saw it was 25 coins when it was too late.
Oh, the shame... The shame... Quickly faded away as I expanded xD lol.

Yesterday and today were bountiful days. And today - someone was selling a shovel. yes, i bought a shovel!!
//happydance

mamareader02
10-21-13, 02:20 PM
Yesterday I did something that made me feel realy bad. :x each time I see a map, whichever one, i just jump at it like a dog! Ha. I've bought some expensive ones but whatevs... Anyway, yesterday I saw one and jumped at it... I only saw it was 25 coins when it was too late.
Oh, the shame... The shame... Quickly faded away as I expanded xD lol.

Yesterday and today were bountiful days. And today - someone was selling a shovel. yes, i bought a shovel!!
//happydance

I quickly snatched up a shovel for less than 80 coins,noticed price after had already bought,felt bad....then got over it:)

minidemon88
10-22-13, 11:43 AM
do you check the newspaper literally every 5 minutes all day ? I feel like I'm frequently there and hardly ever find anything good.

Nope, I don't. I only browse the newspaper less than 10 times a day. Sometime if you're lucky while browsing, you may get to buy those goodie. Though I hardly came across them now in newspaper. :(

ginrae22
10-22-13, 12:02 PM
yeah I'm hurting for screws. THe game has a nasty habit of lagging and I had already pressed the upgrade button for my store to unlock another slot and it accidentally did it twice and now I need one to fix my bait and tackle shack :' ( It's rough if people have them they aren't selling just like other precious items.

AlexanderRex
10-28-13, 04:10 PM
Question please...I thought only the items I "promoted" showed up in newspaper...is that not true because if they randomly go into the newspaper regardless, that would explain why my deeds would disappear when I'm trying to sell from account to account

kooky panda
10-28-13, 04:14 PM
Question please...I thought only the items I "promoted" showed up in newspaper...is that not true because if they randomly go into the newspaper regardless, that would explain why my deeds would disappear when I'm trying to sell from account to account

All items you list will show up in the newspaper.(Even the promoted ones)

If you "promote" an item that means that it will be guaranteed to sell.

AlexanderRex
10-28-13, 04:24 PM
Thank you! That explains a lot :)