PDA

View Full Version : Penalizing players without diamonds

sapphirecross
09-27-13, 06:12 AM
Arctic isles dragon requires having all dragons to de-ice him now, but it's not possible to get them all without a diamond dragon. Why is it players now need 18 when players at the start just needed 6 anyway?

The tournaments are possible without diamonds, if they are enough days. The last 2 tournaments, I used ultimate for infinity and diamond. Without some other color weakness or a lot of time, you have to be stupidly lucky, or use gold. With how fast the tournaments come, if you take too long, you have 20+ dragons to heal going into the next one. Again, use gold or have a diamond for better odds, or just get slaughtered.

There are so many dragons all the stupid time and it's always 20 hour magics or islands so that's one try per day most of the time for me to even try for diamond, and I give up the chance at getting anything else! Those 4 color combos are ALWAYS commons for me. And the stupid dragons SPLIT but still don't count as 4 colors!!! I tried and tried for Virgo - Leo split to black, blue, yellow, plus the other dragon adding purple is 4 colors so you would think with all the splitting we could at least get a diamond that way, but no! That would actually make it POSSIBLE. Anyone else without diamonds feeling like it's not worth playing any more?

Lesimony
09-27-13, 06:33 AM
Two thumbs up!

eye_of_the_world
09-27-13, 06:34 AM
You don't need Diamond to get the arctic dragons except for Icicle, snow Angel and ice crown.

If you want diamond you're going to have to keep on trying just like everybody else. You don't need it to enjoy this game, but before I got mine it was my only goal. I had 4 colours in the den at all times..

knj00
09-27-13, 06:39 AM
The Arctic Isles have always required 9 dragons at lvl 10 to get Glacius. I only have 1 at lvl 10 and it says I need 8 more at lvl 10 to awaken Glacius.

The top does display that there are 18 dragons total now but you still only need a total of 9 dragons at lvl 10 to awaken Glacius.

eye_of_the_world
09-27-13, 06:43 AM
The Arctic Isles have always required 9 dragons at lvl 10 to get Glacius. I only have 1 at lvl 10 and it says I need 8 more at lvl 10 to awaken Glacius.

The top does display that there are 18 dragons total now but you still only need a total of 9 dragons at lvl 10 to awaken Glacius.

Lol I never noticed that before but you're right! I'm not surprised though.

creolepraline
09-27-13, 06:44 AM
I don't understand how its a penalty? There are more non-diamond dragons than they are diamonds and its hybrids. We don't need a diamond to enjoy the game BUT it is the highest personal goal of all players.

I wasn't concerned with getting a diamond until I started checking out other peoples islands and gawked at how amazing they are. Then I joined the forum and realized they were the ultimate thing and started trying when I was a level 24 or so. People put too much focus on what you breed. No duo is more important over another. Just play the game and whichever dragon you're trying to breed, keep four colors in there.

I agree that the tournaments are easier with diamonds but not impossible without. For example, I couldn't defeat prism with quetzal, unicorn, crusader or diamond. If they dragons are meant to lose, the computer will let us best them, regardless of what we have.

Overall there are a lot of things to place blame , what we can't breed IS one of them, BUT not when it comes to diamonds.

Fairy/wizard is your friend.

sapphirecross
09-27-13, 06:44 AM

Mine shows I have 10/18 dragons and need 8 more - thought I had to get them all! Sorry misunderstood that!

sapphirecross
09-27-13, 07:12 AM
To those saying just keep 4 colors in the den all the time - if that is your goal to have diamond more than anything else in game, great! I'm happy for you that you got them.

It's not my goal in game, as I do not want to give up my chance at all the limited and seasonal dragons that come out all the time nor do I want an island full of magic, mist and island dragons. But since the diamonds are ultra rare and a lot of ppl try a long time and can't get them, why make parts of the game harder IN addition to ALL the dragons that ppl cannot get without buying one? That's what I mean by penalty. If I could get a diamond while breeding things I want, great! I can't. I can't get dragons I want even using 2 colors let alone 4!

Ok, I can't get diamond dragons - I can't get a lot of dragons. Fine. But they shouldn't be required to do things in the game either because it is completely random who gets what. If your experience in the game is different than mine, great! But this has been mine - increasingly, the game pushes to buy gold or buy a diamond. Sorry about the mistake about arctic isles though - misunderstood and was very frustrated!

eye_of_the_world
09-27-13, 07:26 AM
Everybody's game is different, we all get different results and it's frustrating for all of us.

i agree with you that you need diamonds for the arena, as obviously it will increase your chances but I know some players who have won without diamond dragons so it is possible.

If the game is too much, and you're not having fun then maybe take a break, I do now and then from other similar games.

belbar22
09-27-13, 08:53 AM
I get really frustrated that I can't get a diamond and I am level 120. But I do not feel frustrated and have never felt the need to spend gold. I don't mind that some things are harder without diamonds and I have yet to win a tournament which I think I could do if I had diamond hybrids. I refuse to use gold to win as I am trying to save for a diamond but that is my choice. I don't feel I am being penalised just because a lack of diamonds limit my success in the tournaments or I can't breed everything in the article isles. I have plenty of dragon I still want to breed. Look at the Android players, there are loads of things they can't do.

belbar22
09-27-13, 08:55 AM
Oops just re read that first sentence and it doesn't make sense. I meant I don't feel penalised or that I need to spend gold because I don't have a diamond.

yeshayahu
10-04-13, 11:55 AM
Wizard/Fairy is really your Friend. Diamond Dragons are hard to get. I tried and tried to get Infinity. She is now on my nest.
I got here Diamond/Crusader and got her. Helios, Dark Angel, & Prism are being elusive, but I am not giving up. You can even get Infinity breeding Wizard/Fairy. I have Friends who have got her with this breed.