PDA

View Full Version : gifts

carol1
07-17-10, 11:33 AM
Farm Story it would be a good idea if we were able to gift items to neighbours. I would like to be able to send and receive gifts from neighbours.

Unregistered
07-18-10, 01:03 PM
Farm Story it would be a good idea if we were able to gift items to neighbours. I would like to be able to send and receive gifts from neighbours.

The thing I'm confused about is that gifting only works in Farm Story but not flowers animals and summer and snap. I guess I have to use the original app to send and receive gifts?

Fedora
07-18-10, 02:37 PM
Yes, you have to use the original farm story... quite confusing.

The gift option is really great, I'd like to see gifts which can only be given as gifts and not bought. Something "special" :D

Hawk 8
07-18-10, 02:52 PM
Yes, you have to use the original farm story... quite confusing.

The gift option is really great, I'd like to see gifts which can only be given as gifts and not bought. Something "special" :D

That is a great idea!

devin911
07-20-10, 01:57 PM
how do you open your gifts

Hawk 8
07-20-10, 02:36 PM
how do you open your gifts

Go to your farm page and click on the tools icon (left arrows), then click on the edit icon, then an inventory icon will appear on the lower left hand corner, all your gifts will be in your inventory

Unregistered
07-20-10, 03:49 PM
can you send coins or to people?

Can you only send the gifts in the gift selection menu? if s, that's dumb

Hawk 8
07-20-10, 04:21 PM
can you send coins or to people?

Can you only send the gifts in the gift selection menu? if s, that's dumb

You can only send the gifts that TeamLava allows you to send. These gifts will probably rotate out with new ones with time. You can not send coins to other farmers. Gifting is extremely nice feature and not dumb.

Eunice
07-21-10, 01:50 PM
^^ I totally agree...gifts are a blast but I only send them to my neighbours that water my farm on a regular basis. I take my time picking my gift depending on what their farm looks like

FarmGirl414
07-21-10, 04:08 PM
The gifting feature would be more fun, it the gifts weren't so lame. I was hoping the gifts would be something SPECIAL that you could not buy yourself, but only get through receiving it via a gift.

When I tried this feature when I first did the update, I looked at all my neighbors farms to pick something special for each of them, but everyone already seemed to possess pens of multitudinous cows, chickens, sheep etc... same goes for the trees and topiaries.... didn't see alot of neighbors with wooden crates, but somehow didn't find that gift too attractive... "Here neighbor, you don't rate a cow, or sheep or plant, so here have wooden crate!"

I mean come on!! Couldn't they have been a little more creative with the gifting????

Fedora
07-22-10, 05:31 AM
The gifting feature would be more fun, it the gifts weren't so lame. I was hoping the gifts would be something SPECIAL that you could not buy yourself....
[...]
I mean come on!! Couldn't they have been a little more creative with the gifting????
I'd guess, that they wanted at first just to implement the feature itself, what was done with the lust update. They can now test how it works and what people would like to see in there - and I'm quite sure that more interesting gifts will come soon.

Hawk 8
07-22-10, 06:24 AM
I would like to see some gifts that can not be bought, can only be gifted