PDA

View Full Version : Time for upgrades is too long!!

scottyhaha
09-26-13, 05:02 PM
Please make the time for upgrade shorter, max is 2/3 days for anything!

Bakerman45
09-26-13, 09:54 PM
Please make the time for upgrade shorter, max is 2/3 days for anything!

No kidding! I don't wanna wait a day or more for higher level items. I 'd just be playing every few days when that happens. They just want you to buy gems to speed it up, no fun in that.

Chianti
10-13-13, 10:02 PM
I have to concur. This is a new game, so they aren't going to receive many complaints yet, but the time to upgrade buildings needs adjustment. Obviously it needs to increase by a certain amount as the levels go higher, but the levels right now are absolutely crazy. 10 days for an upgrade to finish (level 10 Royal Hall)?? It's as if they don't want players coming back to the game.

Sumercarefree
10-17-13, 01:52 AM
Yes time taken is too long to upgrade. So I normally come back to the game after a long while.
Anyway I am still groping in the dark and do not understand many things.

syllrag
10-17-13, 07:16 AM
On the contrary, I like it. I get addicted to games easily. I consider it as breaks from too much gaming.

sand
10-17-13, 07:45 AM
Or we could get cheap short upgrades and all race to level 71 to sit in stalemate with incredible fortresses like Barry, HOPR or RedRedWine, bored out of our minds with nothing to do but collect gems from tournaments and spend them on statues because we can't penetrate each other's impossible defenses.

geegee7117
10-20-13, 08:01 AM
This is a fast paced game, unlike their other apps. Either slow down the pace of the game, or give us faster upgrade times on the important things i.e. Faster weapon upgrades, faster troop training times, and faster build times. The upgraded vaults and markets can remain the same. Also, it is sad that the lvl 71's are stale. Maybe they should retire players once they reach that level? It's getting old having them in the loop of the battle choices, as I'm only level 40, and not able to battle them. But yet every time I go to find a match, I get the higher levels a lot! Geez, out of all the players on this app, seems there should be more to battle at my level. It's getting old guys.

bubblesx
10-20-13, 09:24 AM
It's getting old having them in the loop of the battle choices, as I'm only level 40, and not able to battle them. But yet every time I go to find a match, I get the higher levels a lot! Geez, out of all the players on this app, seems there should be more to battle at my level. It's getting old guys.

Yup. Definitely this!!!

Chianti
10-21-13, 09:48 AM
The fact is two things need to change:

1) defenses need a severe nerf. I can't even imagine what it would take to break the defenses of HOPR (who happens to be in my alliance).
2) loot from attacking needs to go up exponentially. It shouldn't all come from the person you're attacking; that wouldn't be fair. However, if they don't raise the loot, they need to lower the costs of upgrading.

I have no problem with the amount of time it take to upgrade things. I have a huge problem with the cost. In case you developers don't know, people are intentionally "crowning down" - losing battles so their crown level drops. That way, they have a stronger army (since they were at ... lets say 1700 crown) and are able to defeat the people at lower crown levels easily to gain more money.

That is a symptom of a broken system. A severely broken system.

jacobvanbourne
10-21-13, 05:39 PM
Chianti, we were told in another forum discussion by FrozenTurtle that the battles weren't based on crown numbers, but on the relative attack strength of the attacker and the defense strength of the defender. They said crown numbers didn't matter because they were so easily manipulated. Have you actually found that NOT to be the case?

MediusSyberia
10-21-13, 09:10 PM
Chianti, we were told in another forum discussion by FrozenTurtle that the battles weren't based on crown numbers, but on the relative attack strength of the attacker and the defense strength of the defender. They said crown numbers didn't matter because they were so easily manipulated. Have you actually found that NOT to be the case?

Unless things have changed very recently exp is given based on your crowns vs their crowns. The more crowns someone has than you the more crowns you will get for a win. Whereas if someone a few hundred crowns under you attacks you then you will only get 0 or 1 crowns.

jacobvanbourne
10-21-13, 10:26 PM
Unless things have changed very recently exp is given based on your crowns vs their crowns. The more crowns someone has than you the more crowns you will get for a win. Whereas if someone a few hundred crowns under you attacks you then you will only get 0 or 1 crowns.

Thanks for the update MediusSyberia. I am trying to put all this together.

Is it accurate to say then that the possible opponents are based on matching your relative attack strength and their relative defense strength? And that the crown award/loss is based on crown count? I am basing the first sentence on something MHz (Designer of Worlds) posted back in June. In that post he said, "The second change we did was to the matchmaking system. Before, we match players based on the defensive strength of the attacker and defender, which was a flawed implementation, and I take full responsibility for this. Now players are match relative to their offensive progression (army camp/barracks levels, troop promotions etc..) and the defender's defensive progression. This will not be exploitable as the prior system was."

Later he wrote:

"Crown based matchmaking is very exploitable. It allows players to purposely lose matches in order to deflate their count, enabling them to hide at low Crown levels with a town that is too strong to defeat for low ranked players."

Is all that just old information and it's changed since then? If so, have they posted somewhere how they match?

Right now I am a level 38 with 1591 crowns. All I am getting to attack are level 46+ beasts with much higher level RH, watchtowers, cannons, etc. Even then it only offers a few crowns. Sometimes 0 crowns. Then within minutes of closing the app I consistently get attacked by a level 50+ beasts and get destroyed by wizards, mages, dragons, and 200+ troops. Seems like 1600 is the upper limit for a level 38 given the systems matchmaking.

Appreciate the input and help from players who have gone before us.