PDA

View Full Version : The Content Removal Debacle of 2013

TinksThots
09-26-13, 09:18 AM
Last time was an absolute train wreck. There was less than a week's notice (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43536-Remove-2012-Holiday-Content) that an unspecified selection of content was going to be removed, followed by miscommunication and speculation that confused people to no end, and then, finally, an official answer (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43536-Remove-2012-Holiday-Content&p=518998&viewfull=1#post518998)... which only answered what was already obvious... and not until after TWO WEEKS of hysterical panic and chaos. The answer that was needed most never came.

People cussed. People cried. People quit. People still hate you for that, TL. Nobody knew for sure what was staying and what was going, what to work on mastering before it disappeared, what to buy before it was gone forever, that was the real issue. Saying "all holiday/seasonal content" does not clarify anything. For one, people have different definitions of what falls into those categories, and for two, you removed all sorts of things that weren't the slightest bit holiday/seasonal by any definition. You knew what was going to be removed, so would a list really have been that hard to provide?

We know you need to remove old stuff to make room for new stuff. That's a good thing, otherwise the apps would be enormous. We get that. What we don't get is the extreme short-notice announcement, then leaving everyone in the dark about what, specifically, is being removed. That's just plain mean. I feel like such a petulant child a lot of the time when addressing you, TL, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, but it's not without provocation. WINK WINK.

Anyway, this time, I'm thinking ahead about what might be removed from the game a few months from now, because if I'm going to lose recipes, I want to get them mastered if at all possible, and if decor is going to disappear, I want to make sure I have everything I want first if I can get it. The problem lies in the unpredictability. Instant pudding? Well-done toast? Is Tuesday a holiday now? Oh,and let's not forget the candy canes (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43947-Bakery-Missing-Unlocked-Receipes), pulled from a constructable appliance, which means recipes on those aren't safe either. I refuse to guess at it though... look what happened last time.

So. TL. Whaddya think? Perhaps a list this year? Warn us a month or two in advance rather than a week? Or will you sentence us to yet another mob-mentality style panic attack? Your call. http://i41.tinypic.com/16beknq.jpg

creolepraline
09-26-13, 09:22 AM
You know they like to keep us guessing because they don't know the answers themselves. Even with their BEING the decision makers.

minidemon88
09-26-13, 10:31 AM
Oh my! This removal nightmare again! I'm just hoping that this year, they will give us a list of items that will be removed. Especially the catalogs in fashion story! Don't get me started on the last year removal rants on fashion. Arghhh!

Though I've already did a precaution in rs, whereby I mastered most of the non 2 days recipes on the regular appliances. There's high chances that some recipes will be pulled out. Same goes to bs, if you haven't master those seasonal recipes. As for decoration, we really won't know till they pulled it out. :( Oh man, I want the Easter bunny from last year! >__<

twospoons
09-26-13, 02:04 PM
thank you so much for this thread - i wasn't here last year, and it honestly never occurred to me they wouldn't give us notice before an elimination (although, yes, it probably should have, given TL's track record with information sharing). i'll have at least one of each of the available appliances soon, but i guess i should make sure to build a couple extras. there's no way i'll be mastered in everything by the end of the year though. :(

bobbyrae
09-26-13, 02:15 PM
Saying "all holiday/seasonal content" does not clarify anything

It may actually confuse quite a bit of us...since in Farm, Rye is considered scary and thus could only be grown for Halloween, and Rhubarb is romantic and thus had to be yanked after Valentines day was over.

nky1111
09-27-13, 10:11 AM
the good thing is, this year theres not much good stuff to worry about in bakery story xDDDD

myferngardens
09-28-13, 03:58 PM
the good thing is, this year theres not much good stuff to worry about in bakery story xDDDD

That makes me sad...is it true? I didn't play last year. When all this went down I was like level 4. I had no clue what was going on.

myferngardens
09-28-13, 04:42 PM
BTW TL a list is a great idea and a good way to make some money. If we know its going away we buy it.

bobbyrae
09-28-13, 06:12 PM
Well the older versions of the games are no longer supported it appears, so i can't buy any more monster ovens...i only have one. :( That will take a while to master.

nky1111
09-29-13, 11:00 AM
That makes me sad...is it true? I didn't play last year. When all this went down I was like level 4. I had no clue what was going on.

last year there were chinese new year and st.patricks day , very nice stuff and a lot of it for coins. Actually that stuff was the very reason I ever joined bakery story))

minidemon88
10-01-13, 10:44 AM

There is! Just that all the nice items are in the boxes. :(

TinksThots
10-26-13, 08:31 AM
Season shift is officially in effect, the garden section at Walmart has been red and green and glittery for at least a couple weeks now. Still no idea on what might vanish, or when. It's cute how we keep this up like we matter lololol.

nmishii
10-26-13, 09:23 AM
Well at least last year they told us early they were going to remove holiday stuff. The year before they gave about an hours notice and did it random times during the year, around 2-3 times. Hopefully the improvement this year will Be to give us a list.

TinksThots
10-26-13, 10:31 AM
True. But "holiday stuff" also translated into "whatever other random non-holiday stuff we also grab along the way", which was just... like the repo men taking ur car and grabbing ur lawn gnomes too because they just felt like it. Rude. >.<

bobbyrae
10-26-13, 04:44 PM
because they just felt like it. Rude. >.<

yes that sounds just about right.

jc32079
10-27-13, 08:30 AM
Thank you for posting this suggestion! I just started playing a few months ago and wondered if there'd be any notification of items that would be discontinued. Out of curiosity, how did the notification come last year? Was it on the forum, or within the game? I want to make sure I'm keeping as up-to-date as possible. Thanks!

nmishii
10-27-13, 09:24 AM
The best info is on the forum. Sometimes things are also communicated in game, and I believe last years removal was posted in game also. If there is a change of plans, there is usually no update in game.

teamburcroff
10-27-13, 12:20 PM
Sooo...scanning through...I'm not clear...if I own it in my inventory - it should be safe right??? I still see Christmas and Halloween ovens from last year...I'm getting parts requests from people still building them...I went through and purchased one of each oven to have it in inventory...and one of every tile/wallpaper/tables/chairs th

bobbyrae
10-27-13, 02:43 PM
Sooo...scanning through...I'm not clear...if I own it in my inventory - it should be safe right??? I still see Christmas and Halloween ovens from last year...I'm getting parts requests from people still building them...I went through and purchased one of each oven to have it in inventory...and one of every tile/wallpaper/tables/chairs th

Traditionally, once you have purchased it then you will always have it. It doesn't disappear. You may also still be able to purchase more of tiles and wallpaper that you unlocked or previously purchased even though it is no longer available in the store for new players to purchase.