PDA

View Full Version : Cat and Dogs

missmeow21
09-25-13, 01:20 AM
Hello,

I used gems and brought the Siamese Cat but an not figure out how to feed or play with it. Is there a time limit on the new pets?

minidemon88
09-25-13, 04:21 AM
Not much idea about the pets, since I haven't gotten any yet. But to feed your pets, you need to have pet feeds. You can make these in the feed mill.

missmeow21
09-25-13, 08:04 AM
Not much idea about the pets, since I haven't gotten any yet. But to feed your pets, you need to have pet feeds. You can make these in the feed mill.

Thanks!!!

I have feed that I bought from a neighbour, but no,option to feed the cat. I think it might work on a time limit like the cows, pigs etc.

Hope others find out soon!

mymummy789
09-25-13, 08:48 AM
if I tap on my animals before they are ready, it pops up a box saying how long until the next collection is due. Does it do the same with the cat? (just be careful not to click on the gem trap!!)

kooky panda
09-25-13, 10:43 AM
Thanks!!!

I have feed that I bought from a neighbour, but no,option to feed the cat. I think it might work on a time limit like the cows, pigs etc.

Hope others find out soon!

You first need to collect from the cat and dog like you do the farm animals. Then you will need to feed them.

if I tap on my animals before they are ready, it pops up a box saying how long until the next collection is due. Does it do the same with the cat? (just be careful not to click on the gem trap!!)
Yes it is the same with the cat.

pipipooh1977
09-25-13, 10:47 AM
Seriously??????????????? :confused:

007war
09-25-13, 09:25 PM
I find the price of the cat (260 gems) and dog (200 gems) absurdly high, and only gems? I think I'll pass. Also the rewards for completing quests are too low. Almost every quest you win 10 coins!

journeysmom
09-26-13, 12:07 AM
O way will I spend gems on a cat or dog...even if they did poop gold/gems/whatever you wanted...

Hey, now there is an idea....an "object" that would produce whatever you wanted....hmmmm....spend/harvest 5 gems and get a shovel! (paying forward instead of harvesting).

missmeow21
09-26-13, 02:18 AM
You first need to collect from the cat and dog like you do the farm animals. Then you will need to feed them.

Thanks, does anyone know the collection time on the cat? It's been over 24 hours since I purchased it and I haven't option to collect?

kooky panda
09-26-13, 05:31 AM
Thanks, does anyone know the collection time on the cat? It's been over 24 hours since I purchased it and I haven't option to collect?
It is the same as the dog.

click on the cat you should see a timer(be careful not to speed it up).
If no timer, make sure you have fed him.

missmeow21
09-26-13, 10:42 PM
Thank you!

What is the bell for?

Usna71
10-25-13, 01:57 PM
I have 2 cats and they are laying there. I click on them and get a +sign and a black cat. There is no timer nor do the pet food show up in the feed mills. I wish TL would give better directions on how to do things. I am a dog & cat lover so I will buy them even though they are absurdly high. Give my kitty cats some "life"

whitetruffle
10-26-13, 06:02 AM
It is the same as the dog.

click on the cat you should see a timer(be careful not to speed it up).
If no timer, make sure you have fed him.

I bought a dog... I have fed him 2x but have not seen anything come from him! There is a bell and timer after fed but nothing else? I don't get it? How do u collect? I went to bed now clicked on dog... No timer, no feeding, no bell?

minidemon88
10-26-13, 11:27 AM
I bought a dog... I have fed him 2x but have not seen anything come from him! There is a bell and timer after fed but nothing else? I don't get it? How do u collect? I went to bed now clicked on dog... No timer, no feeding, no bell?

From what I know, you need to swipe the "Bucket" icon across your dog to collect the reward. Not sure if I'm right or wrong, since I don't have any pet yet.

kooky panda
10-26-13, 03:38 PM
Yes you swipe the bucket to collect . You then need to make pet food to feed them.

I have gotten coins, random drops like gems, bricks, hammers and boards from mine.

kms899
10-26-13, 07:32 PM
does the halloween cat work the same as the normal cat, also is there a time limit on the halloween cat.

kooky panda
10-28-13, 07:42 PM
Yes halloween cat works the same as the gem cat. The halloween collects the same time as the gem cat.

s350z
10-29-13, 04:25 PM
Thank u Kooky on the info on how to feed a pet. :) I bought a Halloween cat 2 days ago and crafted 10 feeds for her but didn't know how to feed her :confused:. It's soooooo dumb, I should've figured out that I have to swap the bucket on the cat.... LOL:p. Thanks again. Sam

kooky panda
10-29-13, 05:22 PM
Thank u Kooky on the info on how to feed a pet. :) I bought a Halloween cat 2 days ago and crafted 10 feeds for her but didn't know how to feed her :confused:. It's soooooo dumb, I should've figured out that I have to swap the bucket on the cat.... LOL:p. Thanks again. Sam
Oh you are welcome. Do not feel bad, I have gotten tons of PMs from members asking how to feed the animals!

outhouse01
10-30-13, 11:02 PM
Can someone please enlighten me on what the cat is supposed to do. At a cost of 240 gems, that equates to just over 10 bucks in real money. Not too sure I am going to spend my hard earned on a fake cat.

kooky panda
10-31-13, 06:18 AM
Can someone please enlighten me on what the cat is supposed to do. At a cost of 240 gems, that equates to just over 10 bucks in real money. Not too sure I am going to spend my hard earned on a fake cat.

The cat and other animals will drop coins, xp's, and random gems, and tools.

ascherb
10-31-13, 04:54 PM
What can you collect from the cat or the dog?

butterfly865
11-17-13, 03:52 AM
Thank you!

What is the bell for?

Yes I want to know what the bell is for too? Can't find any instructions anywhere. When I click on it nothing seems to happen...

freesiawoods
11-18-13, 06:29 AM
Well my black corgi seems to have stopped coughing out gems.

kooky panda
11-18-13, 06:33 AM
Yes I want to know what the bell is for too? Can't find any instructions anywhere. When I click on it nothing seems to happen...
When you click on the bell, it will call your animals over to their houses. They do walk slow so it does take some time. (I guess too many things for them to sniff on the way back!)

It is really nice when you cannot find one of your animals.

Well my black corgi seems to have stopped coughing out gems.

I just got a gem yesterday from him!

crystalrayn3
11-19-13, 12:18 AM
*does a goofy jig* WhooHoo!!! Finally was able to purchase the dark corgi! He looks so cute trotting around with my kitties. Love how he sits up & begs when you feed him. Oh my! There goes my pet food bill LOL

journeysmom
11-19-13, 01:18 AM
If they would only have a Labrador, I might just cough up the gems to buy one!

crystalrayn3
11-19-13, 03:32 PM
If they would only have a Labrador, I might just cough up the gems to buy one!
Agreed. A big chocolate lab with soft floppy ears just like my big girl. She's a hundred pound lap dog LOL

kooky panda
11-19-13, 03:36 PM
Agreed. A big chocolate lab with soft floppy ears just like my big girl. She's a hundred pound lap dog LOL

I need a boxer! ( How about a 62 pound 1 year old puppy!!LOL)

minidemon88
11-20-13, 03:36 AM
I don't mind spending some gems if there's a husky. XD Nice and fluffy husky please! :o

synsanity
11-20-13, 07:39 PM
I was told there was a three dog limit. Is it three dogs, three pets, three dogs and three cats and if so,,can one be sold for a reasonable amount towards a new pet if you come out with something new in the future? I am thinking of adding a third dog or maybe buying a cat but am weary now because what a friend said and cannot find specific rules. Thank you!

synsanity
11-21-13, 08:32 AM
Just curious as I'm level 39 now... Not a lot to look forward to ...yet. Would love another pet. Help me out here guys.

mamareader02
11-21-13, 10:14 AM
I was told there was a three dog limit. Is it three dogs, three pets, three dogs and three cats and if so,,can one be sold for a reasonable amount towards a new pet if you come out with something new in the future? I am thinking of adding a third dog or maybe buying a cat but am weary now because what a friend said and cannot find specific rules. Thank you!

Same here,I want to make sure I have room for more pets,I have a hunch(hopefully will come true),that maybe we mite get another pet for xmas

nicxole
11-21-13, 02:39 PM
I never really spend gems so I went ahead and bought one of the cats, I haven't been too impressed with it yet. For taking 6 hours to drop items it should give more then 10 coins

kooky panda
11-21-13, 03:14 PM
I never really spend gems so I went ahead and bought one of the cats, I haven't been too impressed with it yet. For taking 6 hours to drop items it should give more then 10 coins
Keep collecting!! I have gotten a gem, tools and parts from my animals! (not everytime ).

mamareader02
11-21-13, 06:03 PM
I want an English bulldog,will buy many,oh,I mean,no TL,please don't put bulldog in the game,I will be forced to buy gems and buy as many bullies as allowed,so please,no,no;)

synsanity
11-22-13, 07:25 AM
But what is the answer to my question? How many can we have of each? I did finally see a farm with three dogs and three cats so that answers that part. What about specialty animals? Can they be stored? Or will they be sold for good? Need answers please!

kooky panda
11-22-13, 08:38 AM
I believe you can only have one dog house and one cat house.- Each one can house 3.

Once you buy the house and animals you are unable to sell or store them .

Buildings cannot be stored, you can only move or rotate it. This includes the new Pet habitats.

crystalrayn3
11-22-13, 11:39 PM
I need a boxer! ( How about a 62 pound 1 year old puppy!!LOL)

Oh boy! Better start stockpiling dog food now before he hits full grown monster size LOL

synsanity
11-28-13, 05:37 AM
So you are telling me that if I have my gem dog and two coin purchased dogs and a new gem dog comes out, TL isn't going to take my money for gems to buy the new dog? (Well they will take the money for the gems just wont let me have the dog lol) There really should be an option to switch them out in that case. Maybe I should be posting this in suggestions or you can copy/move it.

sweetypies97
11-28-13, 01:18 PM
I really wish we could sell or store them. I haven't bought the dog so its kennel and toys sit there messing up my farm with its clutter :(

tankerslacers
11-29-13, 01:44 PM
I believe you can only have one dog house and one cat house.- Each one can house 3.

Once you buy the house and animals you are unable to sell or store them .

I just purchased a dog house and it shows 1/2, I'm thinking we can purchase 2 dog houses. BUT... My first Corgi was 60,000 (45,000 today thanks to the 25% off sale) but the second one is 750,000 discounted meaning my second Corgi will be 1,000,000?!?!? Holy smokes!!!

kooky panda
11-29-13, 01:54 PM
I just purchased a dog house and it shows 1/2, I'm thinking we can purchase 2 dog houses. BUT... My first Corgi was 60,000 (45,000 today thanks to the 25% off sale) but the second one is 750,000 discounted meaning my second Corgi will be 1,000,000?!?!? Holy smokes!!!
I noticed that they raised the limit of the number of houses you can have.
Oh thanks for posting about the second one being 750,000.00? There is another thread here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?62097-dark-corgi-at-750000!-!&p=793244&viewfull=1#post793244) and I wanted to check the price on the second one.

tankerslacers
11-29-13, 06:14 PM
I noticed that they raised the limit of the number of houses you can have.
Oh thanks for posting about the second one being 750,000.00? There is another thread here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?62097-dark-corgi-at-750000!-!&p=793244&viewfull=1#post793244) and I wanted to check the price on the second one.

I restarted my device. I'm at level 39 and have 1 dog house with 1 Corgi. The 2nd Corgi today (25% off) is 750,000 and a discounted border collie is available for 60,000.

crystalrayn3
11-29-13, 10:41 PM
The border collie is a great addition. It definately fits the farming theme

kara_71
12-06-13, 11:52 AM
Kooky - I finally was able to buy a corgi with gems, however when I tried to do it... It charged me for TWO!! How I have two of them and lost gems for a second dog that I do not need nor want!

Please help me get back the gems that I lost and rid of. The second dog that I do not want. Thanks for all your help! Let me know what information you need to fix the issue.

arat6210
12-07-13, 12:55 AM
My dog is stuck near the dog house and I cannot feed it. The food and bell are faded. I am using an iPhone 5 it is up to date as is the iOS I have restarted my phone and deleted/ reloaded the app still the same
Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

arat6210
12-07-13, 01:06 AM
My dog is stuck near the dog house and I cannot feed it. The food and bell are faded. I am using an iPhone 5 it is up to date as is the iOS I have restarted my phone and deleted/ reloaded the app still the same

PookieBear50
12-07-13, 12:28 PM

Have you tried collecting from your dog with the bucket first?

riisak
12-26-13, 07:45 PM
How much does siamese cat cost? is there any difference between it and tabby cat?

I have enough gems for a cat but I want siamese, I am just not sure if the price is same or not.

riisak
12-26-13, 07:45 PM
How much does siamese cat cost? is there any difference between it and tabby cat?

I have enough gems for a cat but I want siamese, I am just not sure if the price is same or not.

and since its level 24 (im 19) I can't see the details

taxitaxigames
01-25-14, 02:38 AM
Hi guys,
I purchased my first pet some time ago and each time it only gives me 25 coins and few experience points. Is this how it should work?! :confused:

GameOfFarms
01-25-14, 04:48 AM
Hi guys,
I purchased my first pet some time ago and each time it only gives me 25 coins and few experience points. Is this how it should work?! :confused:

I just have the collie. I generally just get exp and coins, however occasionally I've had drops of gems, paint cans, wood planks, screw, nails, etc.

taxitaxigames
01-25-14, 07:45 AM
I just have the collie. I generally just get exp and coins, however occasionally I've had drops of gems, paint cans, wood planks, screw, nails, etc.

Ah, I see. I thought I'll be getting something useful each time...Then it was a waste of money, I'd better off catching butterflies. Now I got 10 coins. Awesome. :D

PookieBear50
01-25-14, 01:46 PM
Ah, I see. I thought I'll be getting something useful each time...Then it was a waste of money, I'd better off catching butterflies. Now I got 10 coins. Awesome. :D

A waste of money? Given how rarely deliveries bring back expansion items, I would say that any option and opportunity to acquire them--be it cats and dogs, butterflies, moles, or fishing--is worth the cost.

kooky panda
01-25-14, 03:51 PM
I have four pets and I will get a least 1 gem per day when I collect on schedule.

iggychic
01-26-14, 10:55 AM
I have 15 pets and I always get some gems, tools and paint or nail/screws with each feeding. I think they're one of the best things the game has right now. They beat the heck out of a million dollar alpaca :p

taxitaxigames
01-27-14, 02:06 PM
Well, so it seems I'm unlucky. I only got one tool and one gem so far, the rest was 10/25 coins. I'm collecting at least twice a day. Maybe I need more pets, but then I don't feel like spending so much money on them without having any profit really. It's better and way cheaper to hunt for those items on the market. But I'm unlucky. :P

384M42
02-05-14, 10:51 AM
can the cat go anywhere on the farm? mine is staying very, very close to it's bungalow.

ciarjen
02-05-14, 10:56 AM
can the cat go anywhere on the farm? mine is staying very, very close to it's bungalow.

Yes she can.....check that the area around the bungalow and the paths are clear. Mine got stuck over the bridge once - it was because of how I had laid everything out.

taxitaxigames
02-06-14, 03:00 AM
BTW, my dog still doesn't bring me any tools, all I get is 25 coins each time. What a joke. :D

I really regret buying it, could have bought Forge. :(

smjdel
02-06-14, 06:25 PM
How much does the Bengal cat cost?

GameOfFarms
02-07-14, 05:39 AM
How much does the Bengal cat cost?

260 gems

I've bought the collie, Siamese cat and Labrador which were coin bought animals. I'd rather save my gems for expanding my barn, silo, etc.

I regularly get gems, wood planks, nails, screws, etc. not every single time but every 2 or 3 feeds.

Hallorenkugel2
02-08-14, 02:59 AM
I bought the collie 2 days before. All what it's doing is staying next it's bungalow (the area around is free) and barking. I've no possibility to do anything. I can't take the food or the bell. What is wrong? The only thing, what I could use there, is buying a second dog... no option for me if the fist dog is so boring...

GameOfFarms
02-08-14, 04:38 AM
I bought the collie 2 days before. All what it's doing is staying next it's bungalow (the area around is free) and barking. I've no possibility to do anything. I can't take the food or the bell. What is wrong? The only thing, what I could use there, is buying a second dog... no option for me if the fist dog is so boring...

You need to collect from your dog by swiping over it with the bucket. You can then feed it. Once you've done that it roams around for a few hours until it's collection/feeding time again :)

ciarjen
02-08-14, 05:12 AM

He's just hungry :) I love the cats and dogs, they are always the first thing I collect from and I just love watching them, lol.

Don't be surprised though if you only get coins/xp with the first few bucket collections. It takes a while before they start dropping parts and gems.

jelichami
02-09-14, 08:36 AM
I have two dogs and a cat and think they are my greatest Farm Story 2 investments (months of saving gems!). I am able to collect from them two or three times per day. I think its a five-hour cycle. Each one most typically gives 25 coins, but at least once a day, one of the three gives a gem and at least once a day I get some other useful surprise from a pet: a board, a nail, a map, 200 coins instead of 25....They are just as full of suspense and value as the fishing pond and the mine but without all that work and bait or tools!

iggychic
02-09-14, 09:23 AM
I totally agree with jel...mine drop items every day which includes five or six gems (I have 15 pets).

k6tchr
05-18-14, 07:47 AM
I bought a dog yesterday and have fed him twice already. All I get from him is stars and money. I thought I was going to get premium parts. Will the premium parts come at any point or did I just waste my money?

kooky panda
05-18-14, 09:53 AM
The parts and gems are random drops. You should be seeing some soon!

WindermereBakery
06-02-14, 08:08 PM
I had been thinking about buying a cat or dog for months, but was pretty skeptical about the whole thing.

Decided to buy one while they were on sale this last week. Really wanted a cat, but decided on the Yellow Lab because they are coins instead of gems.

Wanted to say to I love my Yellow Lab! My farm is really open and I have lots of empty fields so he can go just about anywhere. I love to see him walk around and explore everything. I don't understand people that place pets and then put buildings all around their habitat so all they can do is just stand there.

When you touch him he wags his tail and wiggles his whole butt. He's really easy to care for, pet food is cheap to buy and he dropped a gem the very first time I collected! I know it's just a game but he adds something cute and fun, I'm very glad I bought him.

GameOfFarms
06-02-14, 10:17 PM
I have 5 pets (all coin animals) and they are by far the best investment I've made on FS2. When I only had 1 it didn't seem like I got much besides coins. The more pets I got though, the more chance I had of getting parts and gems and it was noticeable. With 5, each time I collect from them I generally have at least 1 that gives me a gem, and another that will give me saws, planks, nails, etc.

olcastle
06-02-14, 11:02 PM
I have 5 pets (all coin animals) and they are by far the best investment I've made on FS2. When I only had 1 it didn't seem like I got much besides coins. The more pets I got though, the more chance I had of getting parts and gems and it was noticeable. With 5, each time I collect from them I generally have at least 1 that gives me a gem, and another that will give me saws, planks, nails, etc.

This is very interesting... I have 27 pets and usually get 1 or 2 gems from all of them. I'm wondering why such a big difference.

amiableal
07-25-14, 02:35 PM
What does the bell icon do? I've experienced so much gem seizure that I'm especially reluctant to tap on something whose function isn't clear--this is for the birthday kitty. Please help with info. Thank you!

tigarlilyvol
07-25-14, 07:18 PM
When kitty is out wandering around the farm you can ring the bell and it will come back to it's area or scratching post.

sexysurprise
08-06-14, 10:47 AM
Will there be a way in the future to swap out and store pets? What happens when I max out the habitat? Am I just maxed out on pets at that point and unable to collect event animals? For example, if I have 9 regular cats and I win another special event cat, will I just have to keep them in storage forever?

bakerystoe
08-06-14, 06:01 PM
I have 3 baby acct so when they are having paint,materials, etc so I will sold it for the main acct! that's helpful for me!

bakerystoe
08-06-14, 06:02 PM
Maybe TL need to have some more new games and collect gems for us to buy those expensive gems pet!

trainmydragons
08-16-14, 02:45 AM

I can't feed my Labrador nor use the bell. I have food but the icon is feint. When I click on the dog there is no time shown. It seems that the only thing I can do is buy another pet - except I don't want another one! Have I just wasted lots of coins?

dragon2046
08-16-14, 02:10 PM
I can't feed my Labrador nor use the bell. I have food but the icon is feint. When I click on the dog there is no time shown. It seems that the only thing I can do is buy another pet - except I don't want another one! Have I just wasted lots of coins?

You may have already done this but if your bucket is there wave the bucket over the pet then u will get the rewards then feed. If u don't have the bucket then u can try to force close. If that doesn't work then u will have to contact support. I think it's teamlava@support.com. Again I think that's it. Good luck :)

knurse23
10-31-14, 11:20 AM
My cat rarely gives me anything other than stars and coins. Is there a glitch? I've only ever received a gem once.