PDA

View Full Version : Game keeps crashing

cosababy13
09-24-13, 09:44 AM
I noticed the posts on this subject, but does anyone know when TL will fix this issue. I also am up to date on everything and my Farm Story 2 game continues to crash every few minutes or so. Thanks for any help and/or feedback

kooky panda
09-24-13, 10:35 AM
I have not had any crashing issues.
Can you provide more details?

Specific device you play on.
It's current OS version.
Do you play on wifi or cellular.

What are doing when the game crashes?

What version of the game are you playing?
Under settings-help-small number at the bottom of the screen.

[S8] Regina
09-24-13, 10:48 AM
Sorry to hear about that! Have you tried reinstalling the game or restarting your device? Please make sure to force-close all other background apps for better performance.

Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue. Thank you! :)

dinendash7474
09-30-13, 06:10 PM
I am still having the issue. I updated to latest iOS6 un-installed and re-installed FS2, same issue. Using FS version 1.4. I also see a user ID that isn't my ID on the bottom of the settings page (dont know what that is). I use an iPod touch WiFi only, 20MB wifi connection with barely anything on the connection (happens at work as well, different wifi), nothing else running on device. Crashes happen: when I get notifications from anything (TL games included), enter my market, enter the "newspaper", use the airplane hanger for deliveries. I try to play the game a lot but the crashing is getting out of hand. Guess Im probably stuck, hope you guys find some bugs... Nice job on the game TL, it's fun while it lasts :)

ongakuonna
10-01-13, 12:01 AM
My game likes to crash when harvesting crops after coming back from a break. Unlock phone > open Farm Story 2> swipe over my crops and crash! This doesn't happen EVERY time but I'd say a good 1/10 times or so.

Perhaps 1/20 times it likes to play the swooshing noise of tending to crops on repeat after doing the same steps as listed above. Swoosh, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh. Only way of fixing this is force closing and doing a fresh restart of the game.
Neither of these are all too annoying to me so I'm not really complaining but I thought the devs might like to know.

kooky panda
10-01-13, 05:27 AM
This has happened to me the last couple of days. I will report this over.

[S8] Regina
10-01-13, 06:28 PM
We are currently looking into this issue. Thanks!

leanel14
10-01-13, 08:01 PM
It's always happening to my game too. In the middle of my play. It's automatically shutting down and I start open the game and it's do the same thing. Shut down open shut down wew

pipipooh1977
10-01-13, 08:28 PM
Add me to the list, when I harvest crops it suddenly will close out of the game and also the swooshing sound will sometimes keep going....only way to stop it is to force close the app.

leanel14
10-04-13, 12:09 AM
Add me to the list, when I harvest crops it suddenly will close out of the game and also the swooshing sound will sometimes keep going....only way to stop it is to force close the app.

It's happen to me also. In the middle of play it will close and I open it agin in a few minutes it will happen again.. Weew

mymummy789
10-04-13, 01:11 AM
crashing has definitely got worse for me. IOS 6.1.3 (this is the most updated version for my device). At the start of the day I can get about 5 minutes of game play before the first crash. After restarting, the crashing gets closer and closer together until I have to give up for a while. I don't know if it is getting worse because I am progressing and so have a larger farm or if there is a problem with the game.

I have deleted and reinstalled, which caused a mild panic when it failed to reinstall at first!! Nothing else is running at the same time, either.

cosababy13
10-05-13, 02:35 PM
Has anyone found a solution to this issue. It is so aggravating. My game has crashed 10 times in the past 15 minutes!!

cosababy13
10-05-13, 02:39 PM
Yes, my IPad is current on all updates. It crashes when I can be doing anything. Harvesting, visiting Neighbors, anything really. And I play on wifi. I have been playing all the "Story" games and only Farm Story 2 do I have this issue. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution. I noticed a lot of players have been having this issue, but I don't see where anyone has found a solution. thank you for any information you may have. have a great day

cosababy13
10-05-13, 02:48 PM
Sorry, my IPad is 5.1.1 and says there are not any current updates. Could this be the reason my game keeps crashing and if so is there anyway to fix it since I'm not sure how to update my IPad due to it saying its up to date. Thanks again for any info.

olcastle
10-05-13, 08:43 PM
I have been playing all the "Story" games and only Farm Story 2 do I have this issue.

So you can play Pet Story on iPad1 without crashes???

Rockinkitten
10-06-13, 10:03 PM
My game keeps crashing too. Especially when harvesting.

pipipooh1977
10-08-13, 01:28 PM
The crashing when it harvest is getting worse! It now does it everytime I go to harvest! Plz fix soon or I'll have to delete the game!

[S8] Regina
10-08-13, 03:24 PM
Please send us a screen-shot of your Crop layout before you harvest, and when you crash. We are unable to reproduce this issue currently. To further investigate this, screen-shots may help us determine which specific plots, crops and layouts you all have that may be causing the crash. Thank you!

kooky panda
10-08-13, 05:16 PM
Here are my crops right before I crashed. I collected around 2 of them then I got kicked back to my home screen.
This only happens when I leave my game running and come back to play.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/8af80208-524e-4f2d-b84a-c4a33fcd2dfd_zpsd614e05b.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/8af80208-524e-4f2d-b84a-c4a33fcd2dfd_zpsd614e05b.jpg.html)

pipipooh1977
10-08-13, 07:35 PM
Here are my crops right before I crashed. I collected around 2 of them then I got kicked back to my home screen.
This only happens when I leave my game running and come back to play.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/8af80208-524e-4f2d-b84a-c4a33fcd2dfd_zpsd614e05b.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/8af80208-524e-4f2d-b84a-c4a33fcd2dfd_zpsd614e05b.jpg.html)

Same here kooky, I plant a little of everything, like you have in your pic. And it only happens when I have left the game running and come back.

[S8] Regina
10-09-13, 02:15 PM
Thank you for the screen-shots and more info. I would not suggest leaving the game running and coming back to play. When leaving the game running, the memory gets used up. If you do leave the game running, come back, turn on your device, you can force-close the game and open again.

mymummy789
10-11-13, 12:25 AM
IOS 6.1.3
leveled to 24 this morning and since then the game seems to crash every minute, regardless of what I am doing :( I spent more time going round re-doing everything than I did actually playing the game. I really really really hope that either something will get done about this (it is not just crop harvesting with me) or that someone will be honest enough to tell me that I am fighting a losing battle with my old ipod :(

mymummy789
10-11-13, 04:16 AM
it is just getting ridiculous now. 30 seconds of game play before it crashes. I think I will delete it as I am out all weekend and try reinstalling it again next week. Don't hold out much hope though. I can see this going the same way as DS which I reinstalled for a goal, and it couldn't even get past the pop-ups before crashing.
Seems that TL no longer aim their games at the slightly older devices, but are not decent enough to admit it :(

karen37
10-11-13, 07:18 PM
I've been having the same problem with the game crashing on my IPad for weeks. I've noticed that when I sign right back on, I've almost always just had someone visit my farm.

crystal4366
10-12-13, 01:57 AM
crashing happens to my game after i updated the newest version...

at first i thought if something wrong with my ipad1, but it seems all machines are suffering from the same problem

pls fix it soon huh

by the way, when will the android version come out?

mymummy789
10-12-13, 12:27 PM
I've been having the same problem with the game crashing on my IPad for weeks. I've noticed that when I sign right back on, I've almost always just had someone visit my farm.

I will have to check this when I next play and see if it could be a factor.

mymummy789
10-13-13, 03:39 AM
No, its not visitors causing my problems. It seems worse when I go to the newspaper/my shop/neighbours shops. It is getting tedious now and I rather think that nothing will get done about it.
Shame as I really liked this game, but I don't have time to stock my shop 5 times in a row because of crashes.

hadardo
10-13-13, 01:29 PM
ipad 1 ios 5.1.1
same thing here
really frustrated, especially after buying from market or newsstand - the game crashes, coins are gone, the item from the market is gone, but it is not in my inventory
happens alot after visitors come to my farm.

also noticed gems disapearing. I didn't purchase with gems but they are gone!

leanel14
10-16-13, 01:31 AM
Add me to the list of crushing group. :mad:

leanel14
10-16-13, 04:05 AM
Annoying

angela3737
10-16-13, 05:58 AM
Mean also crashes on both iPad 1 and itouch 4 ...maybe get 30 seconds of play ..similar issues with DS and castle ..I force close all apps ..shut off ..delete app reinstall daily ...no changes ...all have latest software and version avaiable ..cashing never happens with my RS bs and regular farm ...candy game with new version from few days ago also now won't even open at all.

j3nndotnet
10-17-13, 04:44 AM
I'm having the same problem: the app crashes e dry few seconds/minutes. It's very frustrating. It freezes up, then crashes a second later. Sometimes without me even doing anything, but usually when I try to do anything, like harvest crops, open the barn, etc. I have this same problem with other TeamLava apps but none of my other apps do this.

mymummy789
10-18-13, 01:27 AM
I had real hopes that the new Halloween version would have put an end to the constant crashes.........................

Nope :( :(

karen37
10-18-13, 04:09 AM
I just updated my FS2 with the Halloween version and it crashes more than the original version! I can't even earn easy gems because my game keeps crashing. I think it's time to find another game.

sunkalito
10-19-13, 06:46 AM
Today my game's been going bonkers. Starts resetting every now and then. :/

mymummy789
10-20-13, 02:08 AM
I solved my crashing problem............................... Game deleted :(

leanel14
10-21-13, 05:56 AM
I solved my crashing problem............................... Game deleted :(

Hahaha fs2 into the grave yard

leanel14
10-21-13, 05:58 AM
When can tl fix fs2

sunkalito
10-21-13, 02:02 PM
Today my game's been going bonkers. Starts resetting every now and then. :/

:mad: ugh!!! I swear my game keeps processing ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME. IT's made me lose items, buy stuff I didn't want, had to re-cook stuff... So annoying.

[S8] Regina
10-22-13, 12:15 PM
Thank you all for the reports! We tested the issues you all mentioned on various iOS devices and were unable to reproduce these errors. For older devices, please close all background apps to ensure that there is enough memory to run the game. Our games require a stable, strong internet connection to play, so please make sure that there is constant Wifi or cellular connection to keep running our games.

mymummy789
10-22-13, 01:43 PM
Thank you all for the reports! We tested the issues you all mentioned on various iOS devices and were unable to reproduce these errors. For older devices, please close all background apps to ensure that there is enough memory to run the game. Our games require a stable, strong internet connection to play, so please make sure that there is constant Wifi or cellular connection to keep running our games.

If that is really the only advice you can give then I guess my animals are destined to stay in cyberspace for ever more :( I cannot believe that you are unable to make your game crash!! You only have to look at the reviews of this game on the itunes site to see that loads of people have crashing issues. I would love to know what devices people are using who don't have crashing issues.

I will keep an eye on this forum in the hope that someday you sort it out. But I won't be reinstalling unless there is a definite fix.

minidemon88
10-23-13, 01:52 AM
I'm not really sure what causes all these crash. But from what I noticed, it always crashed whenever there's something new in-game. Like the Pets, Victorian items released and the Halloween decorations released in-game. It will continue to crash non-stop for the first few days.

Doesn't matter whether if your wifi connection is strong or if you've more than enough memory on your device. Rebooting your device or force closing the app doesn't work too. It will still crash no matter what.

kooky panda
10-23-13, 05:21 AM
If that is really the only advice you can give then I guess my animals are destined to stay in cyberspace for ever more :( I cannot believe that you are unable to make your game crash!! You only have to look at the reviews of this game on the itunes site to see that loads of people have crashing issues. I would love to know what devices people are using who don't have crashing issues.

I will keep an eye on this forum in the hope that someday you sort it out. But I won't be reinstalling unless there is a definite fix.

I had a few crashing issues when harvesting my crops, but this seems to be fixed .
Other than that I am not experiencing crashing issues.
I play on iphone 5, ipad 3 and itouch 5. I have updated all my devices to the 7.0 OS version.

When I have not played for a few hours, before jumping in the game, I will close out the application and reopen it, or the first thing I do is open the newspaper to give my game a chance to sync up with the servers.

If you do play on an older device you will have more issues, so closing out all apps or restarting your device may help.

If you are on a newer device, make sure you have updated your device to the most current OS version.

Also the Halloween version is the most current version of the game. (it has some bug fixes that the regular version does not have).

If you have the regular game on your device, make sure you close it out. If you jump back and forth between both versions, you can sometimes experience out of sync and crashing issues.

You can also try a few things. Go under settings-safari and delete data.
Also try a hard reset of you device. Hold down the on and home buttons at the same time until you see the apple sign.

If you play on wifi, try turning off your wifi, then restart your device, then turn you wifi back on.

angela3737
10-23-13, 07:56 AM
Being someone who always crashes on iPad 1 - specially 100% when visiting market place , trying to list something , and even deliveries are 90% crashing , I was wondering if they actually have tested or try to reproduce on iPad 1?

I noticed It got severely worse after the recent bug of When trying to make food/ feed ,the ingredient alignment was way off and you couldn't make anything without closing out the game and reopening . Before that I had no market issues or newspaper/ delivery issues ( don't get me wrong, it still crashed but it was more random )

I also play on itouch 4th generation where there is a few crashes , maybe 1-2 every 5 minutes , but I am able to fully harvest and do what I need to do in 10 minutes versus the iPad 1 which can literally be hours to complete a full sweep of things needed to do . I hope they still look into this for ipad 1 as I can't replace the device anytime soon

mymummy789
10-23-13, 11:14 AM
closing all other apps, clearing data/cookies etc and even hard restarting my device does not stop the crashes. And once it has crashed a first time, the time between crashes decreases until the game is impossible to play. I have an ipod touch 4th generation, updated with ios 6.1.3 (it won't go beyond this). With the exception of Dragon Story (which I finally gave up on and deleted a few weeks ago) I have no problems with FS, BS or CS. There is nothing wrong with my wifi connection (or I wouldn't be able to play my other games!!). I don't know how you are supposed to clear space in the memory as there is no option to manually do this on my ipod, and I certainly do not intend to delete and reinstall my games each time I want to play it.

I am afraid I still cannot believe that you have been unable to cause your game to crash. My daughter has the same device as me and she can't even open the game anymore, let alone play it.

It is such a shame, because I really enjoyed this game when it worked.

lee555
10-24-13, 02:07 AM
Add me to the list of constant crashes. It has got worse and worse, on average it takes 10 attempts to put anything on sale, crashes when anybody visits, crashes when I try to visit anyone, in short crashes every couple of minutes no mater what I am doing. I am on iPad 1, have a strong wi-fi and no problems with any other game. I have tried to hang in there in the hope it will be fixed but the fact that TL say they can't recreate the crashing fills me with despair.

hadardo
10-24-13, 11:20 AM
you must be joking! all the players, present company included, wrote the complete scenarios of the crashes and cannot reproduce it?
just installed the new update and the game crashes even MORE!!!

cloverleaf21
10-24-13, 06:45 PM
Game crashes every few minutes on both my iPad1 and iPad touch 5. Guaranteed to crash when opening food stand or trying to sell goods. crashes when feeding animals, harvesting plants... pretty much when I try to do anything :(

[S8] Regina
10-24-13, 09:09 PM
I had a few crashing issues when harvesting my crops, but this seems to be fixed .
Other than that I am not experiencing crashing issues.
I play on iphone 5, ipad 3 and itouch 5. I have updated all my devices to the 7.0 OS version.

When I have not played for a few hours, before jumping in the game, I will close out the application and reopen it, or the first thing I do is open the newspaper to give my game a chance to sync up with the servers.

If you do play on an older device you will have more issues, so closing out all apps or restarting your device may help.

If you are on a newer device, make sure you have updated your device to the most current OS version.

Also the Halloween version is the most current version of the game. (it has some bug fixes that the regular version does not have).

If you have the regular game on your device, make sure you close it out. If you jump back and forth between both versions, you can sometimes experience out of sync and crashing issues.

You can also try a few things. Go under settings-safari and delete data.
Also try a hard reset of you device. Hold down the on and home buttons at the same time until you see the apple sign.

If you play on wifi, try turning off your wifi, then restart your device, then turn you wifi back on.

We will continue investigating these crash scenarios on the various devices. I will also let the team know of the issues with older devices, such as iPad 1. Thank you all for the reports and patience.

Please also make sure, as Kooky had mentioned, to check if the newest version works better and to always force-close the app when you exit the game. Leaving the game running and then coming back to it will cause sync errors/crashes.

leanel14
10-25-13, 12:50 AM
Yeah said to my self I new update. I was so happy cause I thought the crashing was fix but it's bad it's getting worse Wew. I can play longer than 1 minute and crash again and again. Lord help tl to fix there game before they make another one didn't let there game go to a graveeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaarrrrrrd. Wew

mymummy789
10-25-13, 01:05 AM
I reinstalled and updated but no difference to my game either. I think I will give up for good

nbella1414
10-25-13, 02:31 AM
Well I posted earlier about how improved my drop rate was and how happy I was. I hadn't even done the update yet that promised better rates. So as SOON as I updated... Nothing. No more drops. Deliveries dropped wayyyy off again. No more butterflies. Nada. And I actually thought TL was making SOMETHING better for their customers, for once. I was total wrong. The game is just as crappy as before. Maybe worse.

hadardo
10-27-13, 02:24 PM
after the latest update, ipad 1, ios 5.1.1, visiting a farm in advanced level with a lot of buildings and decorations, like stormie's farm, is causing an extreme slow down and then a crash.

diverDestiny
11-01-13, 02:38 PM
I reinstalled and updated but no difference to my game either. I think I will give up for good

I am ready to quit, too. I see I am not the only one who has the crashing problem. It's so annoying. I spend more time reopening the app than playing. Every single thing I do, I crash. This is not fun. I play on an ipad.

[S8] Regina
11-01-13, 07:00 PM
We are still working on improving game performance for older devices. We are able to reproduce the errors on older devices. Information has been sent to the Team for further investigation.

Please also close all background apps when playing our games, and when you do exit the game, please force-close the game instead of leaving it running.

Thank you! :)

mamatomato
11-02-13, 05:28 AM
I am glad to see that i am not the only one experiencing the issue! Seems that Castle story is slowly starting to do the same thing but not as bad yet

katysue311
11-09-13, 11:42 AM
Over the past few days, I have seen a HUGE number in the amount of crashes in FS2. Yesterday, I was playing the Halloween version and then received the pop-up to move to the "new" version available in the App Store. So today, I have been playing on the regular Farm Story 2 version. So far today, I've had about 10 crashes and two occurred while mining... So I've lost two picks and the iron/silver/gold found in that session. :( :( :(

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm playing on iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3 - I'm wondering if I would have fewer issues if on a new iPhone 5S or if it is just an issue with the game in general?

kooky panda
11-09-13, 02:56 PM
I have not had any crash issues today.
Try going to settings-safari and clear out cookies and data.
Also force close out any apps running in the background.
Are you also crashing when playing on cellular or just wifi?

katysue311
11-09-13, 04:21 PM
So far today I have been on the cellular network (with the new update). But I have had consistent issues with crashes on wifi and cellular over the past few weeks.

I will also try to clear the cookies and data (I usually keep my open apps to a minimum but will ensure all are closed). Thank you for the suggestions!!!

journeysmom
11-09-13, 05:16 PM
The crashes are indeed really obnoxious. I am on iPad 1, 4.3 and the "new" regular FS2. Most of my crashes are in my shop, trying to sell stuff (but then again that is whe I spend a lot of time. I get probably 10-20 crashes a day. I am a FS2 addict, so I put up with it. Maybe newer devices will perform better, but I am as poor as a church mouse, and while I may be able to afford to buy gems occaisionly, buying a new device just to play a game is not in my future .

Thank you Team Lava for putting out such fun games,

WinnyWoos
11-09-13, 11:05 PM
Oh my gosh! I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. It's driving me crazy! Can't even play for 15 mins without it crashing, even after the new update. Yesterday it crashed as I was mining and I had just found a nail and iron (was so excited) and still had more digs then...CRASH. In a panic I reopened to check my inventory but yup, you guessed it...no nail, no iron and not even my pickaxe...needless to say I was livid! Actually emailed support over it but no word yet....I sure hope they can get all this under control. I play other TL games as well and they too are doing the exact same thing so it's not just because this is a new game.

magiv50
11-10-13, 03:16 AM
I am having crashes too. I crash in the mine and shop and when i am collecting from my equipment. When i come back i see that some one also visited my farm at that time.

magiv50
11-10-13, 03:17 AM
P.S. I use an ipad on wifi.

mwolverine
11-10-13, 04:46 PM
I enjoy playing Farm Story 2. But ever since I first installed it I have had crashing issues.

There really isn't a repeated action that seems to make it crash, except when someone visits my farm. 100% of the time it will crash. Other times it will crash after harvesting crops or collecting from animals, visiting someone's farm, looking at the newspaper, someone buying from my market, after fishing, deliveries, opening settings, etc. Basically, it crashes all of the time (sometimes every minute or so and I get so sick of it I stop playing). I've never had issues with RS crashing.

It can be frustrating at times because I might find a farm that has a unique item (shovel, deeds, etc.) and the game will crash and when I open the it back up I'm back on my farm and I've lost the item! Sometimes it crashes after a delivery and I've received a unique item. When I open it back up and click the airplane, I receive a different item or nothing at all.

Side note: Ever since the last update when it promised that expansion parts would fall more frequently from deliveries I've only received one expansion part. So I'm receiving expansion parts LESS often. I also woke up this morning and I was missing a gem, and all of my animals were missing x1 bag of feed. This was really strange because the mills make feed x2 and I have an even number of all of the animals. So why would I only have x3 feed for all of my animals??? Lots of bugs that need fixing...

Device: iPod Touch 4th Gen
Play on personal Wi-Fi network
Farm Story 2 1.6

ssminow
11-10-13, 05:21 PM
I am having the same issue with FS2 continually crashing. It is more frequent with neighbours visiting and while trying to go to my shop and sell or even to get in for that matter. I have found that the higher level I get the more it it happens. I am currently at level 37.

Device iPod Touch 4th Gen
OS iOS 6.1.3
personal Wi-Fi
Farm Story 2 1.6

I really enjoy your game and am totally addicted I continue to play and be patient, but just hoping the crashes get fixed. As with any new program there are always bugs that need to be sorted and worked out.

Valentina1986tina
11-12-13, 11:49 AM
next update hope to fix

Clark_Wayne
11-12-13, 08:38 PM
I have the same pb : it crashed very often since i updated 1.6 about 10 times every day
I noticed that it is more often after i visited many friends or checked many selling tables.
For infos i play on iOS 7 on iPad mini, on wifi
I opened a support ticket : 1125799

Clark_Wayne
11-12-13, 08:46 PM
I will add that it crash even if i have or haven't other game opened (i use to clear every game before opening another one, and i mean clear not simply closing with the bottom button)

mwolverine
11-13-13, 02:43 AM
Since the last update the game now crashes every 3 minutes or so - seems to be more frequently after someone buys something from my market. After my last crash I lost 4 bags of pig feed and a gem.

mwolverine
11-13-13, 09:03 PM
I legitimately have to stop playing until these issues/bugs are fixed. I can barely play longer than a minute and I sold a bass for 200 coins, the game crashed shortly after and when I relaunched my 200 coins were missing. I'm sick of losing coins, items, rare items and GEMS ��. I want to play but if I do I'll keep losing things. I won't be playing until these bugs are fixed. ��

glimmergate
11-15-13, 03:24 PM
Over the past few days, I have seen a HUGE number in the amount of crashes in FS2. Yesterday, I was playing the Halloween version and then received the pop-up to move to the "new" version available in the App Store. So today, I have been playing on the regular Farm Story 2 version. So far today, I've had about 10 crashes and two occurred while mining... So I've lost two picks and the iron/silver/gold found in that session. :( :( :(

I'm playing on iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3 - I'm wondering if I would have fewer issues if on a new iPhone 5S or if it is just an issue with the game in general?

We are aware of crashes for iPhones on iOS 7 and have just submitted an update to help fix these. Keep an eye out for an update in the next couple of weeks, that should help fix many of these stability issues. Thank you for being patient with us!

Clark_Wayne
11-15-13, 07:45 PM
I had lost many things too : pick, shovel, coins, items. The worst is when need them ! I just lost one shovel and i needed this for the mine !

Clark_Wayne
11-15-13, 07:47 PM
Yes i noticed too it crash often when people visit you. What are they waiting to fix such bug !

cryss962
11-16-13, 07:25 AM
I am using the ipad1. I have always had the crashes since day 1. They just seem to be getting worse the further I get into the games. I've tried clearing the cookies and data, deleting the app and shutting down my iPad, restarting and downloading the app. None of that helped. I have noticed that the majority of the crashes seem to be when someone is visiting my farm because I usually have sold something or my buildings have been helped when I go directly back in. An update to fix this issue Is very much needed.

Valentina1986tina
11-16-13, 08:16 AM
Just like cryss962...
I have ipad 1, last 5.1.1 Update...Chrashes too many just too many...fix this in the next UDate

aimeeq
11-16-13, 07:20 PM
Tons of crashes, I have lost lots of pick ax. Thinking of staying away from mine until they fix it. Also crashes with newspaper and side shop

ssminow
11-16-13, 11:09 PM
I too have had more then usual crashes. It doesn't matter what I am doing I have been playing for an hour tonight and has crashed at least 10 times already. I am playing on an iPod touch and just did an ios update that was requested as well as closes all apps restarting my system and deleted and reinstalled. I am playing on personal wi-fi too.

Jojo04go
11-17-13, 04:27 AM
I 've been crashing for the last 48 hours I'm playing on Ipod and I haven't been able to touch anything without it crashing within minutes :( :( :(. I've lost items purchased, and cant send any deliveries so my barn is now full.

journeysmom
11-17-13, 06:50 AM
My ipad1 is crashing with FS2 every 3-4 minutes. I have tried all the recommendations. It crashes most when I am in my store, but also mining. I have lost axes, shovels, gems, minerals. Frustrating indeed!

jopazz
11-17-13, 11:21 AM
Mine crashes every 1-2 min depending on what I'm trying to do. I really like the game, but having to restart it so often is annoying and frustrating. When you add losing items to that, it makes me want to not play at all. I'm thinking about taking a break from it until I hear that they at least fixed that issue. I can deal with the other glitches and low drop rates if I could play for 10-15 mins at a time. Please fix this!!

aimeeq
11-18-13, 12:45 PM
I play on ipad2 and crash in mine, newspaper and sideshop

dinendash7474
11-18-13, 05:17 PM
Mine crashes every 1-2 min depending on what I'm trying to do. I really like the game, but having to restart it so often is annoying and frustrating. When you add losing items to that, it makes me want to not play at all. I'm thinking about taking a break from it until I hear that they at least fixed that issue. I can deal with the other glitches and low drop rates if I could play for 10-15 mins at a time. Please fix this!!

Im having the same issues and thoughts as you. I really like the game but the crashing is ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like Im an idiot for playing something that crashes this much. I've figured out a few things to make the crashing occur less but far from perfect.

1. Slow down, game play seems faster than syncing or something. When harvesting move the scythe slowly across the crops, when feeding the animals press the food button slowly. Just do everything way slower, it's helped for me. Pause here and there to allow the syncing the keep up with you playing.
2. Remove the Haunted House (if you have one) The second I did this, there was far less crashing. Not real happy that I have to remove something that I spent 100 gems on but hoping they will have the game fixed by next Halloween (if Im still playing)
3. When sending airplane drops, after sending the plane, just wait by the hanger, dont do other things. When the plane lands you can usual tell whether the game is running at normal speed or slowing down. If slowing down, crash is coming and go hit the market and that will finish the game off but at least you didnt lose your plane drop (if you have one).
4. Coal mine... Enter off a fresh game load and figure out how many you're going to do. After first round click play again until you are done. After exiting out wait a 30 seconds or so, let game sync, and then go do something that normally doesn't crash the game. Pickup from chocolate, or kitchen, or something. Not animals or crops.
5. Collect gems from train.... always off a fresh game load, after doing this no more lost gems
6. If you collect something important, stop....wait.... then proceed, give it time to sync your collection. I usually do a move that usually doesn't crash my game (see above)

Ive got no real thoughts on the market and newspaper. My newspaper has been pretty good lately but my market is a joke. Best I find is go in off a fresh game load and move slowly. If I buy something cheap and nice in the market I leave the market and wait....and wait then make a safe move. If you leave the market and quickly do something else my game usually crashes and I lose the 5 shovels on the cheap I just bought.... Or the 6 maps someone is oddly selling

Hope some of this helps some.

dinendash7474
11-18-13, 05:29 PM
And yes, I have un-installed and re-installed (numerous times), restarted, closed all background apps, have the latest version, have a 20MB WiFi connection, stand on my head while playing.....

Silwyn51
11-21-13, 07:09 AM
I just started playing this game with some intent and I have had the crashing issues as well. Here is my various attempts with the game:

Firstly
Game: Halloween ver (most recent as of yesterday)
Device: iPod Touch;1st Gen Not updated to most recent; it was one update prior.
?After several crashes, I uninstalled several other apps then restarted the iPod. Crashes persisted.

Second Attempt
Changes: Uninstalled 'Halloween' and downloaded the basic version.
?Crashes persisted.

Third Attempt
Device: iPod Touch software v. 6.1.5 (10B400) / Model MC554LL/A
(hope that helps!)
?After update, the crashes were fewer but still irritating.
There is a noticeable frame rate and net lag 2-3 mins before it does crash. The crashes have always resulted in a rollback of my end of the game. It feels like communication gets fuzzy exponentially. Slow to start then bad very quckly.

Thanks.

[S8] Regina
11-21-13, 12:52 PM
Crash reports do occur more often on older devices, which we have investigated. Please be on the lookout for an update to this app that will address this issue. Thanks!

hadardo
11-22-13, 08:13 AM
ipad 1, ios 5.1.1 just installed the new update. app seems to be lighter and faster, however game still crashes. not as often as before, but still a crash every few minutes

mamareader02
11-22-13, 08:19 AM
Both fs2 and castle crashing,on latest iPad (well,before the Air )did not update to iOS 7 on it because of all the problems and sheer ugliness of it

madmatchie
11-24-13, 12:37 AM
I have not been able to play for days and no one is replying to me even when I email support. I have done updates, install, uninstall and everything necessary and still not able to play. My other TL games are fine. Please helpppppp

WolfStarBistro
11-25-13, 12:24 PM
I too have had this issue since I started playing, but it's worse now than ever. I have an iPod 4th gen, and the software is the highest I can get (6.1.5). I sent an email to the support desk, but got an email back saying that the older devices are not supported. I am reading here that people are using even older devices than mine, and as someone else posted, a new device is not in my immediate future due to finances (I'm doing good to even HAVE an iPod). I don't have this issue on the Restaurant story or Dragon story...just the Farm story...but the graphics on both of the others seem to be as busy as Farm Story is. I have tried all the suggestions, and really do hope that the Storm8 team can fix this issue. If not, then they should reimburse those of us who have spent real money on gems...and put a disclaimer on the app download NOT to install if you have an older device.

Maybe they've made all the money off the older devices that they need to...too bad, as it looks like some of us are quite loyal and really enjoy the game.

I'll keep trying the game, but now all the online games are down today...so I'll just have to wait to see if clearing the Safari cookies helped any.

I wish us all luck!

journeysmom
11-25-13, 01:23 PM
Since the recent update, my crashing has gotten better, but it still crashes.

In my case it seems to be related to activity in my account. I will have cleared all my "spearkles", go do something else for awhile and the game crashes. when I get back into the game (as quickly as it will reload, so about 1 minute), all my buildings are sparkling again. Or I will have a new neighbor request. Almost like the game can not handle doing two things at once.

cryss962
11-25-13, 06:18 PM
Update installed. No change. Still frequent crashes. Very aggravating.

jelichami
11-26-13, 04:12 AM
Is game totally down this morning??

kooky panda
11-26-13, 06:12 AM
There seems to still be some issues with the games.

Currently thread
TeamLava games are currently down! - 11/25/13 (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61923-TeamLava-games-are-currently-down!-11-25-13)

hadardo
12-03-13, 12:56 PM
ipad 1 ios 5.1.1 downloaded the new update today. performance is way much better, however game still continue to crash. the regular scenarios: when someone buys from your shop, when you visit a neighbor, etc.

tuckersthe2
12-04-13, 10:53 PM
I am playing Farm Story 2 on an iPod w/ iOS version 6.1.5. I have 15.2GB unused. The game crashes every 2-3 minutes. I have deleted and reloaded the game twice. I have reset my network settings twice. It even crashes when I open the help page. It doesn't matter what I'm doing it will crash.

mwolverine
12-05-13, 08:12 PM
Since the last update the crashing has gotten better but it still crashes waaay too frequently. It will still crash when someone visits my farm or buys from my market. Recently I had been saving to expand to the mine. Finally did and then repaired it all excited to finally start mining.

Well...here we go again. I cannot mine without the game crashing! So frustrating! On my first mine I used a Pick-Axe and mined one Gold and one Iron. Immediately the game crashed and when I went to look for the Gold and Iron it was no where to be found (barn not full). I checked my silo too to be sure. Nothing. But the Pick-Axe I used is also gone. So I've lost a Pick-Axe and have nothing to show for it! :confused: Decided to give the mine another try and the game crashed as soon as I selected my tool (a second Pick-Axe). When I re-launched the game my second Pick-Axe was gone! :(

I'm so sad because I get so excited to try out new expansions on FS2 and then the game screws me over like this. Missing my two axes and my gold and iron... :( Don't know when/if it'll be safe to mine ever again.

Device: iPod Touch 4th Gen
Play on personal Wi-Fi network
Farm Story 2 1.6.3

lee555
12-07-13, 02:49 AM
I am having the same problem, it's so frustrating. You lose the pick axe but also any nuggets etc that you have mined. It's hard enough to get these things in the first place but this make it impossible. As for the mole collection don't get me started!!! Wasted 50 gems on a mole mound which is supposed to bring them more often. So far there has only been one, tapped on it got a collectable then, you guessed it, crash again!!!! Mole had gone and no sign of anything in my collection. I really hoped TL would have sorted these crashes by now. I'm also getting tired of being told an IPad 1 is an older device!!! It cost me nearly ?700 ( sterling) and everything else apart from this game works fine. If you can't make the game compatible with these devices you should not make it available to us.
PS I was going to mention delivery lights fiasco but see that's been covered by somebody else.

����������������������������������

sukie43
12-28-13, 02:52 PM
I am having the same problem, it's so frustrating. You lose the pick axe but also any nuggets etc that you have mined. It's hard enough to get these things in the first place but this make it impossible.



ITA - 4 times I have been in the mine, and as soon as I choose say a pickaxe, the game crashes; or I've done the mining, got the nuggets and then its crashed. I lose the tools and the nuggets. I've lost 3 pickaxes and a shovel that way, with nothing to show for them. Its so annoying I'm on the verge of giving up, because I can't fulfill most of the orders in the warehouse.

I-phone 3GS
Farm Story 2.1.6.3
iOS 6.1.3 (the most up to date for my I-phone)
Storm Id sukie43
Personal Wi-fi

madiannbrown30
12-29-13, 10:47 AM
I'm just curious why it only crashes on this game. I play Farm Story 1, Resturant Story, Fashion Story and Bakery Story and only on Farm Story 2 does it crash all the time. I play on wifi but if I had a problem with my connection, I just assumed it would effect all my games while playing. I recently emailed TL with all my info. Hopefully they can get the crashes resolved. I love the game, but with it crashing every 3-5 minutes, it's getting a little tiring going around re-doing everything I had done before it crashed and also getting expansion deeds and then the game crash and when I go back into the game, no expansion deed. It takes it away from me. Such a bummer!! Anyway the reason I ask this is because it was said in a post I just read that you need a strong Internet connection to play any of the Team Lava games. But it seems to me this is the only game that's having all the issues. I force close, reinstalled, closed everything else out. I have tons of memory on my IPad and IPod that I've tried playing on both devices to see if one had less crashes, but nope! All the things they tell you to try doesn't work. I have the latest OS version available. So I don't believe it's an issue on our end as some people have tried to push off on us. I really hope TL gets this issue resolved soon. Maybe they should have had all the kinks worked out before issuing the game for everyone to play!

cookietyler
12-29-13, 11:36 AM
Mine keeps crashing too, I finally completed the butterfly collection today, when I went to place the topiary, the game crashed. When I opened the game up again, I lost the topiary. It keeps crashing every 2-3 minutes - I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but the issues keep occurring.

LadyEna
01-03-14, 02:21 PM
I have been constantly crashing on this and other Team Lava games. I can barely open game. Crashes when I open orders, crashes when I harvest, crashes when I start producing products, crashes when I click on butterflies or moles, crashes when I visit neighbors,...the list goes on.

LadyEna
01-04-14, 10:09 AM
Ok now I can't play at all. I uninstalled and it will not reinstall. IPad has current updates. Yay, now I can see messages sent about games I can't play. All games (Castle Story, Dragon Story, Pet Shop Story and the Mystery Crime Scene keep crashing!

pattypopo
01-04-14, 11:21 AM
This game is constantly crashing. It is getting worse every time I go into the game. All my other games are working fine. This is a problem on TL's end. There is nothing wrong with my system. Please fix this. It is becoming nearly impossible to play.

LadyEna
01-04-14, 12:05 PM
My issues are resolved for now. I just thought start with something I used to do @ my last job. Think simple, stupid!

BusyMomof5
01-07-14, 09:18 AM
Farm Story 2 crashes on me a lot, too. I am using my IPad iOS 5.1.1
I can't even claim my gems from completing goals from other games.
I click on the bottom right it opens up and then I click on decorations
and game crashes. I click on the store to sell some items and it crashes.
And also for deliveries. I have restarted my IPad several times and I have
uninstalled the game. I always completely (force) close all my apps
when I'm done playing the games. Any help, please... Thank You.

kooky panda
01-07-14, 10:49 AM
Farm Story 2 crashes on me a lot, too. I am using my IPad iOS 5.1.1
I can't even claim my gems from completing goals from other games.
I click on the bottom right it opens up and then I click on decorations
and game crashes. I click on the store to sell some items and it crashes.
And also for deliveries. I have restarted my IPad several times and I have
uninstalled the game. I always completely (force) close all my apps
when I'm done playing the games. Any help, please... Thank You.
Which Ipad do you have ?
Have you checked to see if you can update the software for your Ipad?

BusyMomof5
01-07-14, 11:24 AM
I can't update the software for my IPad. I have tried several times. There is no update for it.
I am using the IPad 2 version 5.1.1
Any ideas?

kooky panda
01-07-14, 12:05 PM
I can't update the software for my IPad. I have tried several times. There is no update for it.
I am using the IPad 2 version 5.1.1
Any ideas?
I thought the Ipad 2 can update to 7.0? I know at least 6.0.

Have you checked on your device - settings- general- software update?

BusyMomof5
01-07-14, 02:19 PM
Yes I have tried software update and it says there is no update.
Is this version too slow for this game or?
I am going to look up this model number.
Thank You.

kooky panda
01-07-14, 03:41 PM
Older devices will have more issues playing the game due to the high graphic, content and animations in the game.
Since you cannot update your software I want to say you have an ipad 1.

You can help some of the issues, by restarting your ipad before coming into the game. This will give you a fresh start each time, and it will also close out applications running in the background.

BusyMomof5
01-08-14, 07:39 PM
Thank You.
I will try restarting Farm Story 2 again and again.

BusyMomof5
01-09-14, 06:52 AM
Just a quick question...
Since I have the IPad 1 and Farm Story 2 crashes on me a lot,
Which one do you think I should get?
IPad 2 or 3, Galaxy Tab or a laptop would be better?
I am getting one of these tomorrow and would appreciate
any suggestions. Thank You.
Other games (Dragon Story, for another one) crashes on me
quite a bit, too.

kooky panda
01-09-14, 12:02 PM
Farm story 2 is not offered on android devices. ( and there are other TL games only offered to IOS devices).
You cannot play Team Lava games on a laptop.

The way technology is, I would try to get the Ipad 3. It will give a longer time before it becomes outdated. I have a pad 3 and no issues with my games.

BusyMomof5
01-09-14, 02:04 PM
Thank You. You have been very helpful, kooky panda :)
I will let you know what I get.
Thanks again.

BusyMomof5
01-10-14, 10:06 PM
One more question...
Would an IPad 2 work just as good?
I am trying for an IPad 3 this week. But would an IPad 2 work better
for now? Thank You.

fab_home_owner
01-11-14, 04:10 AM
Help!
Pass lv 34 my game keeps crashing constantly. Cant play at all, game doesnt remember things im doing before, also eats my saws, if im mining eats my tools, if im sending deliveries it doesnt give me stuff i get from doing it..its impossible to play it nowdays...playin on ipad 2 (where i have also castle story that works perfectly)

limesalamander
01-19-14, 04:20 PM
Same here, it crashes every few minutes and freezes a lot too, it's really annoying when i'm mining when number of tools decrease and what i find during mining doesn't get added

lithium920
01-20-14, 08:17 AM
After a few minutes playing it just exits to Home screen. I have iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4. There are no apps running in the same time, and the storage memory is about at half.
I tried FS2 Christmas, but it is doing the same crashing problem...

mamatomato
01-24-14, 07:59 PM
This new update is awful.... I can't do tow thongs in a row before I get kicked out. Even after rebooting my pad 1... :(

ladyinhotpink
01-25-14, 11:46 AM
my game is crashing too. so i know i am not alone in this issue

lihol182
06-27-15, 07:33 PM
I play on a tablet. I saw where someone mentioned that you can't play on a tablet only a phone. My game keeps crashing too. I hate to uninstall it mostly because it is one of the very few goals I am given in fashion story which helps me earn gems. Help

Wallary58
04-29-21, 03:42 PM
My game crashes every time I try mining. I have lost more than six bombs, every time I try mining for realm runes the site still cashes. I have tried on my iPad and on my iPhone and the site still crashes. Please help me with this. Thank you

judyandthecat
04-30-21, 05:42 PM
My game crashes every time I try mining. I have lost more than six bombs, every time I try mining for realm runes the site still cashes. I have tried on my iPad and on my iPhone and the site still crashes. Please help me with this. Thank you

Are you referring to realm runes in dragon story?