PDA

View Full Version : Alliance donations

skyeareth
09-23-13, 10:22 AM
I have looked throughout the forum, but have not found an answer: The alliance donation troops are they from the alliance member's troops, in other words whatever troop the alliance member donates do they have to have that troop in their army post to donate? Also can you request a troop above what you can currently train (request bear but cannot train a bear)?

sand
09-23-13, 10:54 AM
I have looked throughout the forum, but have not found an answer: The alliance donation troops are they from the alliance member's troops, in other words whatever troop the alliance member donates do they have to have that troop in their army post to donate? Also can you request a troop above what you can currently train (request bear but cannot train a bear)?

When you donate troops, they are sent out from your Army Post so, yes, you must have them available. The number of troops in your AP will decrease by the number you donate, just as if they were lost in battle. If you have troops queued for training in your Barracks, they will immediately replace the ones you've donated.

I believe you can request troops that you cannot train yourself because they do appear in the request menu. But I didn't get such troops on my first request because my castle limit quickly filled up with the common warriors. As a test, I just requested only those that I haven't unlocked. Bear in mind that other players may be less willing to donate those troops as they require more time and spellstone to train.

FrozenTurtle
09-23-13, 12:49 PM

As sand mentioned, you can make requests for any Troop type. However, you will probably have a hard time fulfilling the requests for higher level Troops.

skyeareth
09-23-13, 01:30 PM
Thank you.

sand
09-23-13, 03:10 PM
Update on my test request: I checked off Assasin, Airship, White Mage, Ice Wizard, Knight and Dragon. Several hours later, all I've received are ... Warriors!
It would appear that requests for reinforcements are really a general request. You can flag your PREFERENCES, but the starred troops are not necessarily what you will receive. Donors have sole discretion on what troops they may donate. When honoring a request, the seeker's preference are marked by a gold frame, but you can donate whichever types you wish, whether they are the seeker's preference or not.
When granting requests, I donate a couple basic troops at first, then check the seeker's Castle Capacity frequently to see whether other members are donating also. I may donate more or higher-level troops depending on how the others are pitching in, but I would take it as a bad sign if an alliance's members were consistently unresponsive. Unfortunately, the system doesn't tell you WHO is donating.

FrozenTurtle
09-23-13, 04:05 PM
Unfortunately, the system doesn't tell you WHO is donating.

This is a very good point. You get notification of who donates, but there's no indication of who donated what. I'll mention it to the game team! :)

sand
09-23-13, 05:55 PM
This is a very good point. You get notification of who donates, but there's no indication of who donated what. I'll mention it to the game team! :)

You do? I've never seen any such notification. The only indication I got that I've received troops was by checking the REINFORCEMENTS tab next to the REQUEST TROOPS tab. It showed which troops were in the Alliance Portal but with no details about who sent them. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for that?
The INBOX keeps a running tab of all alliance members who are requesting troops and that allows me to see how many each member has received and how many were donated by me but, again, no information about who else is donating.

sand
09-23-13, 06:00 PM
I have another question about donated troops. Where are they deployed when used in defensive battles? Do they all just rezz at the Alliance Portal or do they randomly join the battle at different points?

jahil
09-23-13, 07:51 PM
I have another question about donated troops. Where are they deployed when used in defensive battles? Do they all just rezz at the Alliance Portal or do they randomly join the battle at different points?

The donated troops join the battle when there are enemies near the alliance portal... Also, when your troops survive the battle they remain intact in your portal, unlike using them in attack mode...even if they survive during attack mode you lose the donated troops.

FrozenTurtle
09-24-13, 11:05 AM
You do? I've never seen any such notification. The only indication I got that I've received troops was by checking the REINFORCEMENTS tab next to the REQUEST TROOPS tab. It showed which troops were in the Alliance Portal but with no details about who sent them. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for that?
The INBOX keeps a running tab of all alliance members who are requesting troops and that allows me to see how many each member has received and how many were donated by me but, again, no information about who else is donating.

You only see an immediate pop-up when you receive the donation (it appears from the very top of the screen). So if you're not online, you will not see who donated.

PherG
09-29-13, 08:40 AM
It would be useful to know what troop are in the alliance portal as well.

Takiofallen
09-29-13, 08:46 AM
you can check got to request and look at look under reinforcement tab

FrozenTurtle
09-30-13, 11:23 AM
It would be useful to know what troop are in the alliance portal as well.

Do you mean as the Attacker? The way it is now, it sort of adds a bit of strategy. Do you send in a test troop to take one for the team? Or do you just go all out? :D

Sillyman34
10-03-13, 02:01 AM
I have found that when donation requests are sent they are sent to your inbox, the least spot people visit. I have a request that you move them from the inbox to the chat. When someone requests it should be sent to the chat where people spend the most time..

Also frozen turtle, i have created the wiki for this game, and i am almost finished, but I'd like you to check it out: http://kingdomclash.wikia.com/

I would just like to explain to you that i am still needing images to some higher level buildings. I also need to know if upgrading troops gives them a new skin at each level. If so i am going to need those skins. I have worked very hard on my wiki and i would love if people could come, check it out, give me feedback and of course get that much needed info on it. Is there anything you can do to get people to know about my wiki. I thank you guys so much on making an awesome game! Thanks!

angelaT06
10-03-13, 04:49 AM
Next question about donating.. Is there anywhere to see your Alliance members donating stats? Similar games show troops donated and received by each member in the Alliance ranking list. It is good to reward those members who donate a lot by donating in return, vs some members who take but don't reciprocate.

likeyb
10-03-13, 03:42 PM
It would be great if each alliance member had near their name how many troops they have donated and how many they have received. This could be reset for each tournament. It would make it easier for the leader to see who is being a supportive team member. I would also love to see a 2IC as the leader can't be on all the time and this would give the leader support. Thank you

sand
10-04-13, 08:27 AM
Next question about donating.. Is there anywhere to see your Alliance members donating stats? Similar games show troops donated and received by each member in the Alliance ranking list. It is good to reward those members who donate a lot by donating in return, vs some members who take but don't reciprocate.

Amen to that! Also the notification when someone sends you troops is too fleeting. We don't see it most of the time. I suggest having troop donations in a newsfeed, similar to how gifts are shown in your TeamLava games, where you can view the last 20.

(Copying this to the Suggestions forum)

kwhales
10-04-13, 08:55 AM
As a leader of an alliance the listing of who donates would be nice to see. That way we would be able to see who is taking and not giving would be a available and that member could be dealt with.

charliez13
10-05-13, 04:10 PM
Does anything other than what troops you have in the army post restrict what you can donate? I've tried donating wizards, but even when I have several of them available, the option is greyed out.

Takiofallen
10-05-13, 07:24 PM
I am assuming lower level players cant receive them because the alliance portal has only 10 spaces. I guess it increases when you advance.
Does anything other than what troops you have in the army post restrict what you can donate? I've tried donating wizards, but even when I have several of them available, the option is greyed out.

Takiofallen
10-05-13, 07:28 PM
wizards take 15

Takiofallen
10-05-13, 07:32 PM
my mistake mages take 15 not wizards disregard the previous 2 post
wizards take 15

Chianti
10-13-13, 10:42 PM
It would be nice to add coin/gemstones to the donation list. I'd personally love the chance to help a fellow alliance member out. So often I see people saying ("I'm only xxxx short until I can upgrade my yyyy").

Clearly this would need to be throttled (like how you throttle how much gold you can get per day in other games - 5 per day in Dragon Story), but an alliance member should be able to ask other members for gemstones or coins. Maybe make it based on their level - like a level 50 players could only receive 1,000,000 per day, level 70 2,500,000, etc. (these are just arbitrary numbers, I'm certain you can come up with a reasonable ratio).

TyrellCorporation
10-14-13, 01:40 AM
It would be nice to add coin/gemstones to the donation list.

...and the next thing would be that everyone would move their coins/stones to friends that have long shields at the moment.