PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Poll and Suggestion Thread - 23rd September 2013

maguar
09-23-13, 12:13 AM
Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. Please give me plenty of these suggestions so I've got lots of options to choose from for the next poll.

Just a reminder to think of upcoming holidays (Halloween is approaching).

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. They will be passed along.

There have been lots of great gameplay suggestions. Pretty please can you make sure to include suggestions for items, decorations etc as well.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39218-Can-only-send-3-different-gifts-per-day&p=446227&viewfull=1#post446227) requesting more gift options or this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone&p=447855&viewfull=1#post447855) on gem confirmations.

mymummy789
09-23-13, 06:21 AM
definitely love the idea of a new adventure requiring the earth wisps. I have so many of them and TL seem reluctant to give us more expansions, even though there is loads of space still available!!

jimboser
09-23-13, 06:54 AM
Adventures are good, as for the rest, without more expansion space for decorations, I find them useless.

TinksThots
09-23-13, 06:55 AM
Gameplay:
A crafting building to crank out the simple stuff in mass quantities (sugar and flour, blocks and beams, simple glue and dyes). My kitchens are always busy making more important things, and when I'm maxed on sugar cane, petals or stone, it would be nice to be able to throw them all in at once (or at least a decent sized batch) and mass-produce.

Interface:
The tabs, for sanity's sake UTILIZE THE TABS YOU MADE! Specifically the Consumables tab. All the crops, and anything that goes into or comes out of the kitchen, put all that under there, please! That would help tremendously! Special tab: anything made once, or rarely, the golden stuff, trade tickets, anything that's just... special. I'm including adamant, shards, mithril, manticore something, venom something, and I think there's a crystal something too, I don't have any of that stuff yet but I've heard of it and it sounds special.

When planting crops: show current inventory in the popup selection list. An inventory amount somewhere would also come in handy when crafting things. Sometimes you can scroll around and see how much you have of something by its pic on something else it's used on, but not always. Then when the words float up, maybe add it to that too. For example, +1 Simple Glue (25)

Make all those hovering icons more inconspicuous so everything doesn't look so messy. We know they're going to be there, so a smaller icon would be plenty noticeable without being so obnoxious.

That's all for now. Credit for a few of these ideas goes to a few other posters (I can't remember, sorry!), I've been composing and saving this post for a couple months, waiting for the next one of these threads. http://i39.tinypic.com/97mss4.jpg

abernathygreen
09-23-13, 12:19 PM
I'm hoping the "new adventures requiring wisp lanterns" will come with some expansions (how many times do you guys need to hear it: we. need. expansions.) or wait.... is this like an adventure for the knights to go on that will just eat up lanterns? Because if that's what you meant, then booooo.

TTH2013
09-24-13, 12:54 PM
The black sheep always drop the meat... why can't the royal pigs always drop truffle and the royal cows always drop skin... Please change this so it makes it worth it that gems were spent to get them! Please

maguar
09-24-13, 03:00 PM
I'm hoping the "new adventures requiring wisp lanterns" will come with some expansions (how many times do you guys need to hear it: we. need. expansions.) or wait.... is this like an adventure for the knights to go on that will just eat up lanterns? Because if that's what you meant, then booooo.

Expansions is a different issue. I think a lot of long time players are in a position where they're maxed on lanterns, keep missing out on them dropping from adventures and sir pig because they're maxed. At some stage in the future the kingdoms will become fully expanded so we'll need another use for lanterns. My idea (as a player and not affiliated with TL) is that an adventure for high level players could be a way to transform excess lanterns into other things.

MusicMeow6
09-25-13, 10:42 AM
I'd like to see a new flower/plant added where I can get red petals from. It would also be nice if we could give/receive more gifts, something along the lines of you can give gifts to all of your friends but only 1 gift per person and only once a day. I've been asking for earth wisps and not receiving them and when I found out about the 3 gift rule, it kind of made sense why.

I was wondering if there was a reason why instead of just adding new trades to the ones already existing, you replaced the trades. I liked the one that was just strawberries and sugar and the one that was fur and bones. The strawberry/sugar energy one especially was a favorite of mine and it only took an hour which I appreciated.

Also, and this is the biggest one for me, MORE ENERGY PLEASE!!! 40 is not enough.

Oliver118
09-25-13, 10:47 PM
OK, probably no-one will take this seriously, but I've always wished there was a snow covered kingdom, because Castle story seems so magical it would probably be a perfect game for Christmas. So, here are the new stuff:
Market
Christmas Keep-New adventures
Winter Cottage-Special christmas drops
Santa's Workshop-New Christmas crafting recipes
Ice Crystal Cave-drops gems, mermaid scales and christmas drops
Celia's Tower-drops Christmas drops
Christmas Cow
Ice Chicken
Blizzard Pig
Snow Sheep

The rest of it comes with some clues...
1.Quests
2.Adventures
3.Fortunes
4.New character
5.Craftables
6.Drops
7.Snow Prize

Perry9877
09-26-13, 11:38 AM
I think I missed something somehow. I thought there was supposed to be an Anniversary Update. I know that in October of 2012 there was the first major update, so the game has been here over a year. Was the one quest line the big update?? I hope not. It is difficult enough going through another round of treatment but was hoping a new update could give me a boost. *sigh*

maguar
09-27-13, 04:36 AM
The anniversary is over a couple of updates I believe. We're in the second smaller part of it now but there is a bigger one coming in October.

EyeBeeMe
09-30-13, 09:03 PM
Would like to have prior quests completed before new ones arrive. While I have them complete, my friend has gone on hundreds of quests and still has NOT received the wing to get the Alicorn. That has bee about 8 months I think. Any ideas on how to resolve?

maguar
10-01-13, 03:14 AM
Hi EyeBeeMe. The alicorn parts are super rare drops. Your friend will just need to keep doing adventures. I hope their luck improves soon.

marse66
10-01-13, 09:22 AM
Just curious as to when the big update will be in October?

maguar
10-01-13, 03:41 PM
Sorry marse66but I don't have access to that info. I'm hoping that it will be towards the start of the month (hint, hint I'd love to get it this weekend as a birthday present :))

CatLadyy
10-06-13, 11:30 AM
I hope to see some spooky cottages for Halloween. If we get a new monster to slay, I hope it's a werewolf.

TTH2013
10-18-13, 03:01 PM
Hi. Could the troll pit and Sabina's house be tweaked to do random drops like the other special buildings. Thomas, Ivy and thurston all drop good stuff. Sabina is just a few coins??? Maybe some animal related stuff since she loves animals. The troll pit was won after a hard fought battle with the troll so it would be great to have it drop troll related items.

BungoCook
10-30-13, 06:24 PM
Well what a turn up we got the bat cave!!!!!!!

I'm putting in tuppence worth for the next poll......third kitchen please or a mixed resource, like tinkers camp..

Oh and port, again"

narquelie
11-03-13, 04:56 AM
Hi all

I think it would be great, when we could have possibility to travel via glimmer gate (similar to dragon story with its ice age island). This new place could have separate quests or/and have some integration to old kingdom (things we would collect there, would be also available and needed for use in old place). For me snow or desert scenery would be perfect!

jim23cash
11-03-13, 05:24 AM
I would like to second the request for a Mill or something where we could get sugar & flour already ground- kinda like the deep mines- and it could also drop rare items like chocolate, syrup or hot sauce. There is not enough time to make a sweet feast between adventures. I send my knights out on adventures back to back, every day since I started playing. I have 4 (FOUR) super-rare drop Alicorn wings, but no horn yet. I am always cooking feasts so I can send both sets of knights out adventuring. I can't cook enough feasts for them if I try a spicy (flour) or sweet (Sugar) feast.
If not a mill, at least add drops of those items from somewhere!
Also, how about a little regularity on the mermaid scales. It seems like the drop rates on those change every day. I thought the shard was supposed to make them more available? I have lots of wells and ponds, and can collect from all of them without getting a single scale.
It would also be nice to have more choices on trades, or even a mix and match type trade, where you could pick 1 from list A, 1 from list B and one from list C.
Thanks.

katbtodd
11-03-13, 04:22 PM
I would like to second the request for a Mill or something where we could get sugar & flour already ground- kinda like the deep mines- and it could also drop rare items like chocolate, syrup or hot sauce. There is not enough time to make a sweet feast between adventures. I send my knights out on adventures back to back, every day since I started playing. I have 4 (FOUR) super-rare drop Alicorn wings, but no horn yet. I am always cooking feasts so I can send both sets of knights out adventuring. I can't cook enough feasts for them if I try a spicy (flour) or sweet (Sugar) feast.
If not a mill, at least add drops of those items from somewhere!
Also, how about a little regularity on the mermaid scales. It seems like the drop rates on those change every day. I thought the shard was supposed to make them more available? I have lots of wells and ponds, and can collect from all of them without getting a single scale.
It would also be nice to have more choices on trades, or even a mix and match type trade, where you could pick 1 from list A, 1 from list B and one from list C.
Thanks.
Good idea... I vote,for it

asna12345
11-12-13, 12:50 PM
How about a flower trade?? I'm maxed out on all flowers except red��

skxuelin
11-13-13, 01:36 PM
We really need a reliable source for red petals for the poor folks like me who doesn't have the valentine's edition!

All the latest goals (bat, griselda, turkey costumes....) require red petals!!!
I had issues with mermaid scales before but at least you can buy / craft ponds and wells. For red petals, I have to buy grass or plant in a log each time.
Last night I bought plant in the logs and had to do 12 of them before I got a single petal. That petal cost me 6000 coins and 24 energies. Not to mention the frustration of sitting there chopping. Grr...

So I really hope that red rose bush in the poll is what that is for...:D

eepopp
11-13-13, 01:58 PM
We really need a reliable source for red petals for the poor folks like me who doesn't have the valentine's edition!

All the latest goals (bat, griselda, turkey costumes....) require red petals!!!
I had issues with mermaid scales before but at least you can buy / craft ponds and wells. For red petals, I have to buy grass or plant in a log each time.
Last night I bought plant in the logs and had to do 12 of them before I got a single petal. That petal cost me 6000 coins and 24 energies. Not to mention the frustration of sitting there chopping. Grr...

So I really hope that red rose bush in the poll is what that is for...:D

I propose that the easiest solution would be to add the Love Shack building to the buildable Buildings in the Market.
Either gate it via a 99 cent in-app purchase, or gate it by higher building costs in materials and in-game coins.

The former would help increase player conversion (from free to paying players at a an incidental cost), and mitigate some of the frustration that newer players have in not having access to some of the Valentine Castle Story version. (I don't know if post-Valentine's edition players get Alicorn part drops, but they most certainly would get access to the Valentine edition farm animals, which is another possible gem-spending sink<--gems sourced from trying out other Storm8 games or from in app purchases).

The latter option (to increase building costs) would probably go over best to satisfy most players since non-monetized players could continue to play for free while still providing a small gem-spending opportunity with the previosuly mentioned Valentine's animals.

I favor the first option because I definitely want to keep the lights on in the house of Team Lava, but sincerely believe that the latter option would help level the playing field between players who started after the Valentine's edition and those who played through it.

I understand that there might be some outcry with releasing the Love Shack out of season, but in my opinion, it should never have been removed. There are some fantastic decorations contained in the Love Shack that a lot of Kingdom decorators do not have access to.

Thanks for listening.

eepopp
11-13-13, 02:05 PM
My post neglected to mention that the Love Shack allows players to convert in-game resources to seeds that allow creation of Valentine plants that produce red petals. It will take some work to make a huge number of Valentine plants..., but that would be no different than those original players that grinded through the Valentine's edition.

I'm just proposing/asking for a level playing field.

Em_storm
11-13-13, 10:33 PM
Props to Oliver for his Christmas ideas! Sounds like fun.

I know I've mentioned this before, but it seems to be a popular topic on this thread. Would love to see a bakery or something of the sort. My kitchens just can't keep up. It could make flour, sugar, cakes, pies, etc. It could make tea (which of course might require a new plant, always fun) or use the cocoa beans to make hot chocolate (perfect for Oliver's Christmas goals).

gorgyboy
11-16-13, 01:50 PM
There should be a deer, elk or stag for Christmas. Not sure what the drop should be though.

Wollstonecraft
11-17-13, 07:29 PM
When will we be able to further expand? My kingdom is so crowded :(

aypeerez
11-27-13, 01:07 AM
I don't like the idea of serf cottages as our hard working progressive ruler wouldn't keep serfs - but miner's cottages with extra plumbing would be a nice thought - maybe they would have rare drop mined items

calipitter
12-07-13, 07:22 AM
I would like a way to better see my inventory. Can it be formatted so we can see more items at one time? Please Santa, can the elves do this?

maguar
12-09-13, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. The new thread is here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62616-Castle-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-9-December-2013)