PDA

View Full Version : Jewelsmith

kooky panda
09-21-13, 04:32 PM
Hey guys I am trying to decide if I want to buy the jewelsmith .

For you that have it, how long does it take to make the jewelry?

Can you post a picture or list of the items you can make showing how long each piece takes.

Thanks!!

mamareader02
09-21-13, 05:22 PM
You can make rings or earrings,I believe times are 2 hour for rings,1 for earrings.not in constant use because you need the mine to make the stuff,but I always save my bling pieces for big money orders,hope this helps,after all the helping you've done for me:) I'm scraping money for the 1)pizza oven,then the 2) juicer,jeez we're all so broke on FS2!

princessaislynn29
09-21-13, 05:32 PM
Im not that far...lol. i am still trying to save for the bakery so I can stop buying bread and still trying for expansions slips to get to pond. i never get slips, shovels, picks or saws. i like the game, but not being able to clear rocks, bushes and trees out of my way is annoying and not being able to expand almost makes me want to throw my phone down and jump up and down on it!! LOL!! good luck with jewelry, sounds fun! I know i will be saving for it too if I can ever get close to it. tee he he

kooky panda
09-21-13, 07:53 PM
You can make rings or earrings,I believe times are 2 hour for rings,1 for earrings.not in constant use because you need the mine to make the stuff,but I always save my bling pieces for big money orders,hope this helps,after all the helping you've done for me:) I'm scraping money for the 1)pizza oven,then the 2) juicer,jeez we're all so broke on FS2!
Oh good thanks! I wanted to make sure that one ring did not take 8 hours !!
Since it is only around 2 hours I can live with that. The orders requiring the jewelry gives pretty good money!

09-21-13, 07:57 PM
Rubies and gold are hard to come by, but if you can ever make a necklace it gives a huge amount of XP and coins when you use it in a delivery. Every once in a while Stormie would have one for me to buy. I've only ever found two while mining.

mamareader02
09-22-13, 07:01 AM
Oh good thanks! I wanted to make sure that one ring did not take 8 hours !!
Since it is only around 2 hours I can live with that. The orders requiring the jewelry gives pretty good money!

No prob-but once you actually start making the jewelry,those big money orders are rare,it's like,see what big money you can make if only you could make jewelry,then once you actually have those items,those enticing orders go away(can't speak for the ruby necklace,not there yet,not sure I'd ever want to use my few rubies for an order,saving them for the train when I get there)

queentina3
10-27-13, 05:45 AM
I keep getting plane orders with the necklace in them but I haven't expanded to the Mine yet nor would the Jewelsmith be available, which leads me to my main question. Once I expand and open the Mine, will the Jewelsmith goal pop-up and unlock it for me?

ascherb
10-31-13, 03:20 PM
The gold drops are tough to get, the silver drops more often, but not as good. Although orders get more coins, those items can be sold for a lot more in your shop, than what you get for the deliveries. Once you have the forge, yes steep at 120k, I find I ignore the things in the jewelsmith because, earrings use 2 iron ores, 1 silver and takes 1.5 hours, and you want iron ores to make the nails and screws and everything in forge needs iron ores. The ring needs 2 silver and 1 gold nugget and takes 3 hours. The necklace needs 3 gold nuggets, and 1 jewel and takes 5 hours. For necklace the 3 gold nuggets are rare items in mine, as are the jewels which, in about a month of mining I have received all of 2x! I will make rings since they use silver and 1 gold, and silver I tend to accumulate faster than the rest of the items...

That said, if I were to do this again, I would skip jewelsmith and save for forge instead, since expansion is key element to this game, and the coins for jewelsmith items take a lot of effort to get...

ascherb
10-31-13, 03:23 PM
That said, the items in forge take long! The nails need 3 iron ores and a hammer, and take 8 hours, but those nails and screws are SO worth it when your silo and barn are full of expansion items!

bss18974
05-21-14, 09:22 PM
I just expanded to the mine on my other farm. I purchased the jewel smith and it has 2 slots to build jewelry. I'm on level 24 on that farm. When I click on the third slot to unlock it says jewlelsmith is at max capacity. Pat what level can I add slots?

Thanks in advance. My storm id in that game is bss0226.

Clark_Wayne
05-23-14, 09:29 PM
There is also Wood necklace : 3 woods and 1 silver. 4h

The gold drops are tough to get, the silver drops more often, but not as good. Although orders get more coins, those items can be sold for a lot more in your shop, than what you get for the deliveries. Once you have the forge, yes steep at 120k, I find I ignore the things in the jewelsmith because, earrings use 2 iron ores, 1 silver and takes 1.5 hours, and you want iron ores to make the nails and screws and everything in forge needs iron ores. The ring needs 2 silver and 1 gold nugget and takes 3 hours. The necklace needs 3 gold nuggets, and 1 jewel and takes 5 hours. For necklace the 3 gold nuggets are rare items in mine, as are the jewels which, in about a month of mining I have received all of 2x! I will make rings since they use silver and 1 gold, and silver I tend to accumulate faster than the rest of the items...

That said, if I were to do this again, I would skip jewelsmith and save for forge instead, since expansion is key element to this game, and the coins for jewelsmith items take a lot of effort to get...

nicxole
05-23-14, 11:34 PM
Everyone hates on the jewelsmith, but I think its a good investment for 21,000 coins. I make at least 1 wooden necklace a day and sell it for 800 coins. I don't have the forge though, so maybe that's why I like this so much.

Clark_Wayne
05-24-14, 09:12 PM
Actually i don't find the forge really interesting : i use it only to make shovel.
To make 1 nail, you need 3 iron and 1 hammer
Hammer cost 175 and iron 70 each so if you don't them you pay 385 and you sell only for 175 !
It is cheaper to buy it !
Forge would be interesting if we can make saw with it