PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 2 update in App Store 9-20-13

mamareader02
09-20-13, 05:15 PM
New update,butterfly collection thingy ,dogs and cats(unaffordable),but no new bait time!

mamareader02
09-20-13, 05:20 PM
Also there is a gem item to lure more butterflies to your farm(but I realize I got less coins,and doubtful any parts will come from butterflies ever again)

glimmergate
09-20-13, 06:09 PM
You can still get parts from butterflies :) and the coin rewards didn't change either!

mamareader02
09-20-13, 07:43 PM
You can still get parts from butterflies :) and the coin rewards didn't change either!

I found you are correct glimmer gate,at least on the coin issue,I rarely get parts from butterflies,so I'm glad it can still happen!excited about the new animals,but they ARE a bit pricey,considering most of us are struggling to acquire the crafting buildings.really want the dog and doghouse though!:)

minidemon88
09-21-13, 12:19 AM
Just updated the game. I'm speechless when I saw the price of the pets. I can't even afford the forge let alone the new pets! And the pets must be a Super Pet since it cost more than 200 gems! :rolleyes:

09-21-13, 02:44 AM
I was just about to come post about this. I have the update on my iPod but it isn't on my ipad. Does anyone else have this problem? I mean hello! I actually have some collateral on my main farm. I even went to iTunes and there is no update information. This stinks. From what I could peek at on the tiny iPod the items look cute. To make pet food you need one bacon and cone I believe.

I just bought the juicer for 74,000 so I'm broke at the moment. I've seen that there is a collections thingy and a butterfly topiary as a goal gift. Will keep uninstalling until I see the new update date.

09-21-13, 02:56 AM
Got it working now, here are some pics...

But first, 60,000 for a dog?!?! When we have such limited means to make money and the buildings are so expensive? Jeez.

I want to see how the cat and dog thingy works so I'm kinda tempted to buy gems for the first time. The butterfly collecting building is cute. It reminds me of how it works on the original farm, when we are planting flowers. So far, we Only get the topiary as a gift it seems. There looks to be one of its kind coming for different fish (yay, can't wait). No I can because with the long bait making and fishing times, it would take a month to get them all! And it seems there will be one for the farm animals.

aussiejules
09-21-13, 03:26 AM
ok i bought the butterfly machine...i dont understand were do i get the butterflies :confused:lol probably silly question but ooo well

09-21-13, 03:28 AM
ok i bought the butterfly machine...i dont understand were do i get the butterflies :confused:lol probably silly question but ooo well

Not silly at all. You will see them flying around your farm. They could be anywhere. I've just tapped them three times and my collection has started. Can we get a gem sale people? I wish I'd gotten the 99 cents for 100 gems, when it was available weeks ago.

aussiejules
09-21-13, 03:31 AM
Not silly at all. You will see them flying around your farm. They could be anywhere. I've just tapped them three times and my collection has started. Can we get a gem sale people? I wish I'd gotten the 99 cents for 100 gems, when it was available weeks ago.

ok got it thank you:cool: id love to see ur farm

09-21-13, 05:15 AM
ok got it thank you:cool: id love to see ur farm

You can add me! My id is Baraze. You're very welcomed.

meme1098
09-21-13, 07:07 AM
Got it working now, here are some pics...

But first, 60,000 for a dog?!?! When we have such limited means to make money and the buildings are so expensive? Jeez.

I want to see how the cat and dog thingy works so I'm kinda tempted to buy gems for the first time. The butterfly collecting building is cute. It reminds me of how it works on the original farm, when we are planting flowers. So far, we Only get the topiary as a gift it seems. There looks to be one of its kind coming for different fish (yay, can't wait). No I can because with the long bait making and fishing times, it would take a month to get them all! And it seems there will be one for the farm animals.

My dog & cat are gems. 240 each to be precise. That's a joke since earning gems is done by s l o w l y completing levels so not gonna happen for me. Other thing I noticed is the farming plots are worse now than before. I start a row at the to and it skips all the way to the bottom of the row next. Really? So I tap back at the top of the row, get 1 plot planted and it goes back to the bottom of the row again. Geez, I have to tap each plot to plant now so it's done in an organized fashion. Of the 15 or so butterflies I've tapped, I have 1 monarch and 3 black. So guess black is what's common here.
The other thing I don't understand is why do I keep getting orders for items I can't even make? Sure I might be on the level to buy a pizza oven (who ever saw one if those on a farm?) but $34k, I'm not gonna be able to afford that for many months, if ever. Wouldnt have a place to put it anyway. Those orders shouldn't even appear until the building is actually sitting on your property.
I'm also still waiting to receive a shovel, pick, saw or hammer from a delivery. Haven't seen a singke one of those in way over a week. So, what's the point of expanding or buying more buildings if I can't clear land to place it.
I had been enjoying this game immensely for the first few dats but once you start leveling up, the game is no longer fun since you can't expand without permits, deeds, & titles. You can't clear land without tools, fishing is longer fun when it takes all day to make bait. Gifting leaves a lot to be desired and why can't we request items we need like in your other games; tools for instance.
Next week I'll most likely be shutting down my farm as its no longer keeping my interest. I have enough frustration in real life as it us.

meme1098
09-21-13, 07:09 AM
Wish i could edit...As it is.

pipipooh1977
09-21-13, 08:07 AM
God.....this game is way too hard! It's really starting to tick me off! My collection of butterflies doesn't register duplicates. The last 3 or 4 butterflies I tapped are NOT showing in the collections. It still shows I collected 2 butterflies (1 each of two different kinds). If I'm getting duplicates shouldn't it show I got more than 1 of the same? Because it's not.

pipipooh1977
09-21-13, 08:08 AM
God.....this game is way too hard! It's really starting to tick me off! My collection of butterflies doesn't register duplicates. The last 3 or 4 butterflies I tapped are NOT showing in the collections. It still shows I collected 2 butterflies (1 each of two different kinds). If I'm getting duplicates shouldn't it show I got more than 1 of the same? Because it's not.

Ok...I just tapped on another butterfly, it gave me my Xp but doesn't show in the collections! Any help here? PLZ?

katbtodd
09-21-13, 10:02 AM
I found you are correct glimmer gate,at least on the coin issue,I rarely get parts from butterflies,so I'm glad it can still happen!excited about the new animals,but they ARE a bit pricey,considering most of us are struggling to acquire the crafting buildings.really want the dog and doghouse though!:)

What butterflies. where is it, I can't find in market

mamareader02
09-21-13, 10:57 AM
What butterflies. where is it, I can't find in market

Update is in the App Store,K,;)
My dog is no longer showing a timer,can't collect from him,just shows the "+ dog" sign highlighted,um,no!doesnt show collection time,the food and bell are not highlighted,please tell me what the problem is

mamareader02
09-21-13, 11:20 AM
Somebody please help soon,I paid gems for that dog,it needs to work,or I need gems back,didnt pay over 200 gems for a decoration.thanks

mamareader02
09-21-13, 11:32 AM
Somebody please help soon,I paid gems for that dog,it needs to work,or I need gems back,didnt pay over 200 gems for a decoration.thanks

Forgot to try the bucket,duh!sorry,guess one cup of coffee instead of two ain't cutting it!

minidemon88
09-21-13, 11:50 AM
So what does the pets do exactly? Do they reward you with parts or gems back? :confused:

greygull
09-21-13, 12:31 PM
About butterflies not showing up in the collections - I have reported this (not seeing mine either)

ghjvcucjb
09-21-13, 01:07 PM
About butterflies not showing up in the collections - I have reported this (not seeing mine either)

Would like to add mine also. Two days ago got a screw but it didnt show up, thought I might have missed counted. Then yesterday got another screw and a nail, not showing. Then just now got another nail and again it's not showing. Although I appreciate the drops (thank you TL) its just a bad tease if they don't show up in inventory.

lolzillaz
09-21-13, 01:33 PM
Default promote checkbox is annoying!

Deleting app to go back to less annoying version.

kooky panda
09-21-13, 02:31 PM
Would like to add mine also. Two days ago got a screw but it didnt show up, thought I might have missed counted. Then yesterday got another screw and a nail, not showing. Then just now got another nail and again it's not showing. Although I appreciate the drops (thank you TL) its just a bad tease if they don't show up in inventory.
Are you getting these from your orders?

If so be careful when sending out your orders. If your Barn is full when your plane comes back, you will see the item pop up from the plane, but since your barn was full, it will not be credited to your account.

I always check my barn storage before sending out my orders.

(also if you buy an item in the market, I think you will be charged, but if your barn is full, it will not be credited. )

pipipooh1977
09-21-13, 03:32 PM
Every since the update I haven't gotten 1 single expansion item or tool from my deliveries! And I'm constanly fulfilling orders to make money (even though that's impossible with this game)!!!!!! Obviously there are big glitches with this new app update!

ghjvcucjb
09-21-13, 03:51 PM
Are you getting these from your orders?

If so be careful when sending out your orders. If your Barn is full when your plane comes back, you will see the item pop up from the plane, but since your barn was full, it will not be credited to your account.

I always check my barn storage before sending out my orders.

(also if you buy an item in the market, I think you will be charged, but if your barn is full, it will not be credited. )

Hi Kooky! No. I was talking about the butterflies not the plane orders. Today I got a gem from my butterflies and that recorded. But the screws and nails that get recorded in the barn have not registered for the past two days.

09-21-13, 07:27 PM
My butterflies are still colledting. In the app update it says you can control how you plant your food. It shows choose to plant in lines or a swirl pattern. Was this a supposed to be cute play on words?

When Planting I noticed that when I start from the back my plots are done in a uniform pattern. If I start from the top it goes all over the place. It may seem like small potatoes but I like my crops to be neat and next to each other. The best thing now Is for me to keep them in no more than 6 plots together at a time.

This wonderfully refreshing game is becoming a chore and headache for me. Please fix it back!

kooky panda
09-21-13, 07:32 PM
Hi Kooky! No. I was talking about the butterflies not the plane orders. Today I got a gem from my butterflies and that recorded. But the screws and nails that get recorded in the barn have not registered for the past two days.

It could be that your barn in full when you get these. Keep an eye on your storage and if you are sure you are not maxed out when getting an item from your butterflies, then you will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check your game.

jedi123
09-21-13, 09:59 PM
Just want to check after tapping on the butterfly, i get $ & smoke. I do get an occasional butterfly but most of the time just smoke. Is that normal?

Rockinkitten
09-21-13, 10:57 PM
I'm not getting any butterflies for my collection. After the first 3 I have gotten none. When I click on the butterflies now I just get money.

Another annoyance is when I check how long I have to wait til I can promote an item in my shop, and the time runs out at that exact moment, it just ticks over and starts again and I lose the chance to promote. This has happened 4 or 5 times now.

09-22-13, 11:10 AM
I was getting the puffs of smoke for about 8 butterflies. When I went to collect again a black butterfly registered. So I guess we maybe aren't meant to get them all the time, perhaps?

mica4817
09-22-13, 12:25 PM
What is the Wagon Wheel do? Just set

greygull
09-22-13, 12:48 PM
What is the Wagon Wheel do? Just set

It's just a decoration

kooky panda
09-22-13, 01:10 PM
I was getting the puffs of smoke for about 8 butterflies. When I went to collect again a black butterfly registered. So I guess we maybe aren't meant to get them all the time, perhaps?
Same thing with me and this morning I got also got the black butterfly.
I am also thinking that getting a collection butterfly will be random.

CuddlyDragon
09-22-13, 07:07 PM
The collectible is not a 100% drop. Sometimes they will be added to the collection, and sometimes they will give you coins. :)

Oliver118
09-22-13, 10:39 PM

Cute stuff! Haven't updated yet.

ghjvcucjb
09-22-13, 10:46 PM
I usually only get a puff of smoke and nothing else since the update. Kind of prefer the way it was before because it would get other stuff like nails, screws and gems at least once a day. Now nothing but puffs of smoke and an occasional butterfly with the coins.

mica4817
09-24-13, 06:38 AM
Where's the butterflies? Get mainly coins, guess this game gonna be just like all the other TL games. Never get what you need

tchitowngirlagain
09-24-13, 06:42 AM
I have yet to see any butterflies yet i have 2 in my collection :( can't afford the butterfly decoration to get more so idk whats up lol

ginerp
09-24-13, 01:20 PM
I had a goal to expand to the junk pile before the update. I installed the update and then expanded, but did not get any rewards. Did that goal go away?

Also, I was excited to get tools from the junk pile, but I see I need a shovel to access the junk. I literally can't remember the last time I got a tool. So that's yet more wasted space. Come on TL, you've got a good game here but players are dropping like flies. A higher drop rate for tools would go a long way. I have lots of land but can't buy the bakery because there's no where to put it because I don't get tools anymore. My patience is wearing very thin. I'll be going back to just Castle Story I guess, as it remains the only consistently interesting game you have.

bowlfullofcherries
09-26-13, 09:47 PM
Is there a way to earn gem items? I'd love a cat but I've yet to see a gem sale for this game.

mica4817
10-09-13, 03:48 PM
Can anyone explain why the Feed Mill on the iPhone is 3,200 coins & on the iPad it 16,000? What is TL even thinking? Oh, wait, they're not. :(

kooky panda
10-09-13, 06:47 PM
Can anyone explain why the Feed Mill on the iPhone is 3,200 coins & on the iPad it 16,000? What is TL even thinking? Oh, wait, they're not. :(

I have already bought mine, but I thought the first one was around 3200 but when I bought my second and third one the cost went up.
Is the 16000 the cost for the buying the first one on your ipad game?

s_lynne
10-10-13, 02:10 PM
I'm a little confused, I'm not seein any butterflies. Do I need to purchase that butterfly thingy for 70 gems in order to start collecting butterflies?

kooky panda
10-10-13, 02:34 PM
I'm a little confused, I'm not seein any butterflies. Do I need to purchase that butterfly thingy for 70 gems in order to start collecting butterflies?

Oh no the 70 gem item is optional.

I think you need to be on level 10 or so to purchase the Collections Gallery.
Make sure you have updated to the most current version of the game(version 2.1.4)
Check your market .
It is the structure with the red bug on top.
You can buy it with coins.

Here is a thread on the butterflies

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58559-Butterflies&p=738502&viewfull=1#post738502

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zpsbffb3d6d.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zpsbffb3d6d.jpg.html)

s_lynne
10-10-13, 04:54 PM
Oh no the 70 gem item is optional.

I think you need to be on level 10 or so to purchase the Collections Gallery.
Make sure you have updated to the most current version of the game(version 2.1.4)
Check your market .
It is the structure with the red bug on top.
You can buy it with coins.

Thanks. I understand now! Lol!!!

16chanjl2
11-28-14, 07:18 PM
Really? None of these problems are happening to me though. I can afford a dog. You can add me if you like; my ID is 16chanjl2.

reewinder
11-30-14, 01:04 AM
That's because you are looking at a year old post.

Boogersisland
10-25-15, 07:20 AM
I finally decided to buy gems to get a cat, then made food. However, when you go to click on cat to see if it needs fed you couldn't click on it but there was a + sign and pic of cat that you could click on. I ended up buying 3 darn cats thinking you had to have more than one til it finally went away. I have food and it's been days but it still won't let me feed the cats. I got them to get the items they give you for feeding. Someone please tell me what to do with the cats please.

kooky panda
10-25-15, 11:11 AM
I finally decided to buy gems to get a cat, then made food. However, when you go to click on cat to see if it needs fed you couldn't click on it but there was a + sign and pic of cat that you could click on. I ended up buying 3 darn cats thinking you had to have more than one til it finally went away. I have food and it's been days but it still won't let me feed the cats. I got them to get the items they give you for feeding. Someone please tell me what to do with the cats please.

When you cat is jumping up and down, drag the bucket over him to collect, then you should see the feed option.