PDA

View Full Version : Major changes needed to keep this game enjoyable

mellymoo2000
09-19-13, 08:30 PM
So, you can fish the pond about 10 times per day if you're lucky.
You can fill one train order out of every 10 if you have gold, silver & herbs stockpiled (as if!)
You can send out a warehouse order as long as it doesn't need bait, fish or things from the mine.
You have to wait 22 hours for lemons and blueberries and you get 2 measly herbs every 8 hours.
It takes forever to earn enough money to purchase anything, then you find you can't use it because you can't get enough raw materials to make anything.
You can't get expand or upgrade because you can't readily get the items you need.
At level 40 there is no incentive at all. At the lower levels the incentives are so far out of reach that it makes you want to quit.
Every week i wait for an update that will address these issues, but every week there is only a change that makes the game more frustrating.
I'll wait a bit longer then I'm out. What a shame, the game had great potential.

sweetsuite
09-19-13, 09:24 PM
I agree completely with Mellymoo2000. I would add that for the last while the newspaper offerings are virtually ALL from beginning levels. I am at level 39 and rarely find things I need from the higher levels. And the change in time for bait is the last straw - just not fun! I too will wait for a bit longer and then I'm out as well. Too bad too, because this was one of the most interesting offerings from Teamlava.

Oliver118
09-19-13, 10:17 PM
I started yesterday, I agree with you, from what I've heard. (I've only had a day of playing experience)

FrozenTurtle
09-20-13, 11:45 AM
Thanks for letting us know! Our Game Team is actively monitoring our forums for feedback, so please keep posting constructive feedback. :)

natwstrickland
09-20-13, 12:14 PM
What I don't understand is why Im already have orders calling for fish. I'm not even close to being able to expand to the pond. Oh well I guess another day of strictly selling.... On the subject of the store, I liked the fact that I can sell things but it's almost to the point that I focus more on selling than filling orders since there is more money to be made that way....??... I know that selling some items take a little longer but normally within minuets it's gone. ---- changes are definitely necessary in order to keep people my husband and friend have stopped playing the past few days do to frustration.

FrozenTurtle
09-20-13, 01:55 PM
We start giving you Fish/Bait orders so that it makes you aware that the Pond is there and encourage you to expand to it. If you don't have any intention to work towards that, you can always discard the orders and let new orders come in.

BHECKL
09-20-13, 09:56 PM
Agree completely about the fishing pond changes and lemons. I've been playing for 100 days and have a fairly large farm.
One of the recent updates increased bait to 1.5 hours. For the amount of orders including fish, bait and products made of fish it's impossible to send them out. I end up discarding all orders that include fish now. Because even when I wake up in the morning and there's three packs of fish, I will get one anchovy and a brick and maybe some coins.
Then it seems you need to wait an hour and a half for one bait, and not even be guaranteed you'll get anything from it, so ill wait hours for another pack of fish to show up, then ill get one anchovy again -_- ridiculous.

mellymoo2000
09-23-13, 05:40 AM
The butterfly collection was a great addition to the game - but I'm not sure that I'm getting any more butterflies with three butterfly gardens than I did with one. They are supposed to attract more butterflies, but how often? Is it increased by a few minutes or just a few seconds? What exactly is the timer benefit for the butterfly garden?
Thanks

[S8] Regina
09-23-13, 03:37 PM
The Butterfly collectible items do not drop 100% all the time, some butterflies will drop only coins or non-collection rewards. Each Butterfly Bloom reduces the amount of time for the next butterfly to arrive.

We do appreciate your feedback for Farm Story 2. We are continually working on this game, so we love hearing any feedback! :)

esmerelda35
09-24-13, 08:17 AM
So, you can fish the pond about 10 times per day if you're lucky.
You can fill one train order out of every 10 if you have gold, silver & herbs stockpiled (as if!)
You can send out a warehouse order as long as it doesn't need bait, fish or things from the mine.
You have to wait 22 hours for lemons and blueberries and you get 2 measly herbs every 8 hours.
It takes forever to earn enough money to purchase anything, then you find you can't use it because you can't get enough raw materials to make anything.
You can't get expand or upgrade because you can't readily get the items you need.
At level 40 there is no incentive at all. At the lower levels the incentives are so far out of reach that it makes you want to quit.
Every week i wait for an update that will address these issues, but every week there is only a change that makes the game more frustrating.
I'll wait a bit longer then I'm out. What a shame, the game had great potential.

I agree 100% with mellymoo. I have been on the farm since day 1 release, so well over 100 days, and I have loved the game, but now, I have to agree with her 100% - some of the other things I could deal with. Although frustrating at times, with patience I could get the mining tools from deliveries and stock-pile mined goods, and through constant trolling of my 400+ neighbours, could sometimes get lucky and buy lemons, wool, herbs, fish product (fish sandwiches, fried fish, etc.) in the side shops. Gave me something to do while waiting for crops to grow, products to be made, etc. So it was slow progress, but somewhat doable with the rare items. However, adding in this ridiculous 1.5 hour wait for bait, and then only getting anchovies almost all the time, makes it impossible to do the trains/deliveries as there aren't the product for the fish goods, so you need to discard train after train (or wait and let them go at the "silver" level which also is very slow - don't mind that once in awhile, but not good all the time), and discard orders.
And I also agree with sweetsuite's comment below that the newspaper offerings are all from beginning levels - which I am sure helps out beginners who can't buy things from higher levels, but doesn't help out any higher levels!
Anyways....I lost my game when upgrading to the new ipad software - I know it's on the TL server and I am supposed to email them to retrieve it for me.....but I don't think I'm going to even bother until I read on here that some of these issues are resolved, most notably the bait making time of 1.5 hours.
I've had a blast, but time to move on unless I read otherwise.

nmishii
09-24-13, 09:10 AM
The game would be more enjoyable if I could play it on my android device