PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on improving the gesture for moving wall items

regogo88
09-19-13, 02:08 PM
I am sure my fellow Kingdom Clash players have had the some painful experience moving wall items around when re-organizing your defense. Sometimes the wall just does not follow your drag and you have to do it several time to get it done.
So I did some comparison with the wall-moving gesture in another similar game X and found the difference. I hope the development team can make some minor improvements in this area to make us players life easier.

In both the two games, the basic gesture to move a wall item is to
1. press on the wall item (but not release the press)
2. drag the item to the desired location
3. release the press to drop the item down
It is just so easy, and it works.

But the reality is, since we are working on a small phone screen, and the wall item is even smaller. I can hardly tell if I have pressed on the right wall item in step 1. So naturally what I do is after pressing on the item, I release the press and move away my finger (so that I can see what wall item is actually selected). This is OK because the item is still in the "selected" state even I release the press.

The problem comes in at step 2. Now that I have made sure the right wall item is selected, I want to drag it to a desired new place. So I move my finger back on the screen, press on the ?selected? wall item and start dragging. Well, due to my poor ability to accurate press on the small wall item, I end up pressing on a nearby close point but not exactly on the item. Then what happens?
a. In Kingdom Clash, the selected wall item will be "de-selected" (In another word, it go back to the status before step1)... Great, so I have to go back to step 1 and hope my pressing s**** would improve in both step 1 and step 2.
b. In game X, nothing happens, the wall item is still selected. Now if I did not realize I have tapped on the wrong place and start dragging around, I would notice the wall item does not move. So I just redo step 2 until I press on the right place.

This is a minor difference, but in real world I found it makes a big difference. The wall-moving gesture design in game X offers a much smoother experience while in Kingdom Clash I always fear to rearrange my walls to avoid the pain. I think it is a very trivial fix for the development team technically. I wonder why Kingdom Clash does not support the simpler gesture and hope to see some improvements in the next releases. After all, Kingdom Clash is a fun game and I hope it will get even better!

-regogo88

regogo88
09-19-13, 02:25 PM
Oops... I should have posted in the "suggestion" forum. Sorry about that.

greygull
09-19-13, 02:30 PM
Moved :)