PDA

View Full Version : New Player Question - Battles vs Missions

farmer1600
09-19-13, 12:55 AM
This might be a stupid question but...there doesn't seem to be any kind of game guide that I can find anywhere(?!)

Mission: playing against the game
Battles: playing against other players

correct?

So as long as I do the missions and not the battles, I'm not looting some other poor new player who's also trying to build up coins and resources - Is this right?

Alliance: do you remain less visible if you do not join one?

p.s.
would be nice if there was some kind of community tab so that you could visit other players without having to attach them.

Hope someone can answer the above questions - thx

Takiofallen
09-19-13, 02:19 PM
Yes i believe you are right but that does not stop other people from looting you.

An Alliance helps you in every way. If it's in attacking or in defense its best to find a GOOd alliance. I have joined many where i am the only one donating troops so i will soon start my own.

You can visit other players go to chat and press on the green expand button and visit.

farmer1600
09-20-13, 05:07 AM
Thanks for your reply Takiofallen - Seems like this forum is about as helpful as the alliances you've joined :(

I appreciate your help - Thx again

jahil
09-20-13, 10:47 AM
When are you making your clan? Can i join this im only 481 crowns and donate as long as i could...

jahil
09-20-13, 10:48 AM
Yes i believe you are right but that does not stop other people from looting you.

An Alliance helps you in every way. If it's in attacking or in defense its best to find a GOOd alliance. I have joined many where i am the only one donating troops so i will soon start my own.

You can visit other players go to chat and press on the green expand button and visit.

I like to join... My base is naughty fortress:rolleyes:

sand
09-28-13, 01:09 PM
This might be a stupid question but...there doesn't seem to be any kind of game guide that I can find anywhere(?!)

Mission: playing against the game
Battles: playing against other players

correct?

So as long as I do the missions and not the battles, I'm not looting some other poor new player who's also trying to build up coins and resources - Is this right?

Alliance: do you remain less visible if you do not join one?

p.s.
would be nice if there was some kind of community tab so that you could visit other players without having to [attack] them.

Hope someone can answer the above questions - thx

(We ARE the guide! It develops as we play and share information here on the forum.)

The missions are basically tutorials that follow a simple story line. Yes, this is "safe mode" and you will be battling against the game, not against other players. You will not gain much loot, and I'm not sure whether they award crowns. If they do, the award will be very small compared to those from competitive battles. The main benefit of doing missions is to accustom yourself to the various types of encampment structures you may encounter in competitive battles. You have a chance to figure out which combinations of troops to use against the different formations.

Mission wins and losses are not reflected in your stats. The only thing you risk with missions is the cost of training your troops. The loot will usually not cover that cost. You may repeat the missions for the sake of practice, but the loot from each will not be available again; you'll be expending troops and getting nothing in return so you must decide how important that practice is.

As you go through each chapter of the missions, you will generate goals to build/upgrade buildings, defenses and resources, or to train/promote troops. This can help you develop your base in a logical order. If (like me) you initially ignore the missions, then later decide to go through them, they may seem too easy and unrewarding compared to competitive battles, and you will miss much of the progressive storyline. Also, since you'll have already met most of the requirements for the goals, the game will blaze through them before you even have a chance to read what they are saying.

Competitive battles are where the real action is. These are the "REAL" wins and losses, and impact your stats, rank and wealth. There's so much more at stake here, and it's a much more exciting and unpredictable experience than running missions. You needn't worry about attacking some poor player; you are a target just as much as they are. Presumably, they wouldn't be playing an aggressive attack-based game if they couldn't deal with that. I've seen from Storm8 games that hundreds of players are in these games not to fight, but for social purposes; but there isn't as much of a social aspect in Kingdom Clash. There are no walls for visitors to write on, and a visit is nothing more than a view of someone's kingdom. You can't attack or comment from the visitor interface.

An alliance is only as good as the players in it. For many players, the portal is just a way to request extra troops, but a good alliance will also have players willing to talk with you, advise you, and help you through the challenges of your game. Yes, if you never join an alliance and never comment in Global Chat, you will be less visible because nobody would find you outside the battle-matching system. But visibility does not make you vulnerable the way it would if people could attack you through your links. I would not have been able to find my friends on Kingdom Clash if they were not in an alliance. You can search the database of alliances by name and view the entire roster of members, but you cannot search the database of kingdoms by name. Also, if you join an alliance where you know people, the Alliance Chat can be a pleasant and productive exchange, unlike the Global Chat.