PDA

View Full Version : What?

rick1958
09-18-13, 09:44 PM
Upgraded iPad to iOS7, all went well UNTIL I restarted CS.....all my data and status LOST. Any ideas?

09-18-13, 10:24 PM
If you have a storm8 game try to see if you can add your info there and add your account to your device again. If not possible, email support and they will put everything back for you. Support@teamlava.com

Oliver118
09-18-13, 11:20 PM
Upgraded iPad to iOS7, all went well UNTIL I restarted CS.....all my data and status LOST. Any ideas?

Oh my goodness! How did that happen, rick?!

rick1958
09-19-13, 05:32 AM
Oh my goodness! How did that happen, rick?!
NO idea but had the same problem with another game. ALL my other apps were fine.....

rick1958
09-19-13, 05:33 AM
If you have a storm8 game try to see if you can add your info there and add your account to your device again. If not possible, email support and they will put everything back for you. Support@teamlava.com
I also have World War (Storm 8) and used it's "transfer" ability to restore (even though I was NOT transferring) but there's nothing like that in CS. I think I'll try a couple of things and then get with TeamLave. Thanks.

MiniLaura
09-19-13, 06:49 AM

Did you reset your device when you upgraded? See the note in the first post of this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58689-Games-Compatible-with-iOS-7). If you did, you will need to email support@teamlava.com to have them restore your account using your Storm8 ID.

rick1958
09-19-13, 07:39 AM
Did you reset your device when you upgraded? See the note in the first post of this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58689-Games-Compatible-with-iOS-7). If you did, you will need to email support@teamlava.com to have them restore your account using your Storm8 ID.

Yes, I HAD to reset THIS particular device (other two upgraded fine) so I've sent data to support.....now just wait.... ;)

mamareader02
09-19-13, 07:46 AM
Yes, I HAD to reset THIS particular device (other two upgraded fine) so I've sent data to support.....now just wait.... ;)

Feel horrible for you,always terrified those updates will mess up my stuff

MiniLaura
09-19-13, 08:30 AM
I'm not accusing you of doing anything wrong. I was just saying that what happened to you was expected if you reset the device.

I'm getting ready to update my iPad, and your post has made me worried.

vednir
09-19-13, 09:24 AM
I think unless you're dying for iOS 7 there's no need to rush to updating. This happens every time there's an OS update. At least some of my apps break.

PikaSquirrel
09-19-13, 02:11 PM
Please write in a ticket to support@teamlava.com

If you already have, please PM me your ticket number. Thank you.

rick1958
09-19-13, 04:28 PM
Please write in a ticket to support@teamlava.com

If you already have, please PM me your ticket number. Thank you.

PM Sent. Thanks.

rick1958
09-19-13, 04:41 PM
I'm not accusing you of doing anything wrong. I was just saying that what happened to you was expected if you reset the device.

I'm getting ready to update my iPad, and your post has made me worried.

Don't worry, I DIDN'T take it as an accusation I just emphasized I had to because, of my three devices, this is the ONLY that gave me trouble. I got stuck AFTER the upgrade reboot (following the install), but before the new main screen. I got the "old" screen to activate using iTunes (the one with the USB cable) and when I hooked up to my iMac, the only option iTunes gave me was to RESET and RESTORE :(

At least for these games, I would make sure you have what you need to get them reset. BTW, restoring my iCloud back went without a hitch.

rick1958
09-19-13, 04:42 PM
Feel horrible for you,always terrified those updates will mess up my stuff
Thanks. I'm sure my neighbors are wondering why I'm not collecting hearts (they are used to seeing me DAILY)!! LOL

CottageRose
09-19-13, 05:01 PM
I updated to iOS 7, because people at the office ask me when they have an Apple question - so I needed to get up to speed fast. I lucked out and had no real problems. :)

rick1958
09-19-13, 06:28 PM
I updated to iOS 7, because people at the office ask me when they have an Apple question - so I needed to get up to speed fast. I lucked out and had no real problems. :)

I hear you! It's like being free (local) tech support! My son works for Apple (Senior iOS Tech Support Tech) and even he calls every now and then for "support" (though not as much as before he worked for them) LOL.

CottageRose
09-20-13, 03:34 PM
I hear you! It's like being free (local) tech support! My son works for Apple (Senior iOS Tech Support Tech) and even he calls every now and then for "support" (though not as much as before he worked for them) LOL.

Absolutely! We're an IT department for a large organization, but it's all mainframe, Linux and Windows. So I am the unofficial Apple "go to" person, aka the Apple Princess. lol Some day, I may win the lottery and visit 1 Infinity Loop - until then, I read obscure tech sites and enjoy my personal Apple kingdom. :D

rick1958
09-22-13, 10:26 AM
Absolutely! We're an IT department for a large organization, but it's all mainframe, Linux and Windows. So I am the unofficial Apple "go to" person, aka the Apple Princess. lol Some day, I may win the lottery and visit 1 Infinity Loop - until then, I read obscure tech sites and enjoy my personal Apple kingdom. :D

Lucky you! I have NOTHING to do with IT. My tech "roots" come from building computer back in the day when 16 MB (not GB) of RAM cost about $600 and anything above a 20MB hard drive was considered a rarity! I "moved on" to Apple about 6 years ago and, since I knew nobody with the expertise, I had to gain it myself.

kooky panda
09-22-13, 01:25 PM
Hey guys, please keep your posts on topic.
You can continue your personal conversations via Private messaging from your profile.

Thanks!

maz3girl
09-24-13, 09:05 AM
The trick to transfer your saved game by using the Mobsters app worked like a charm for me (my game is on my iPad but daughter has a game on my iPhone which was lost in the upgrade).

Sidenote: IOS7 is amazing, truly worth the upgrade. :)