PDA

View Full Version : How to build up food at my bakery

rockhollow
09-17-13, 07:03 PM
I'm Hoping for some opinions please.
I can't ever seem to build up food, my customers seem to eat it to fast.
Some of my neighbors which are on similar levels always seem to have counters and counters of food - why is that.
I don't play much, and would like breaks from the bakery if I could built up food stocks.
I know playing more means making more food, but am looking for tips.
Any thoughts?

cherryberry9
09-17-13, 07:18 PM
One way to make food stockpile is to close your door.
But beware, this can cause problems that TL is not to be blamed on for. As well, this can cause a mass sell out when you let the door open.

Once you get to level 35 you seem to be able to keep food on the counters.

310pnut
09-18-13, 06:15 AM
U could only ask for food in gifts....just a little more food. Also like cherryberry9 said the higher u r and the more u play u will store up more food. For me personally until I got 2 around level 40 I was selling all my food every night.

Ranunkula
09-18-13, 07:36 AM
I am sorry, i do not succeed to put a link here, there is a thread named " "Most profitable 8- 12 hour recipe". In this thread there is a comment in which the author sugarlevi explains a strategy to have enough food to get through the day and if you follow it you will build food up to get through several days.
I used this strategy, the recipes used are NOT the most profitable but very helpful to build up food at lower levels.

anurulz
09-18-13, 07:57 AM
wen i was at lower levels i used to shut the door for a couple days to build a stock of food and then open door to the bots..tht shud work for u..

lolzillaz
09-18-13, 11:53 AM
Complete the classic bread oven goals and you will receive the highest output/profit 12 hour recipe. L'Amour Special. That will take a while to complete the goals and build the ovens but it will be easy to keep stocked from that point on.

Gypsy_Cat
09-19-13, 12:25 PM
Do what I call "power baking"....make the same recipe on all of your stoves or drink mixers at the same time. I would suggest either red velvet cake or earl grey tea as they make the most profit per plate.

rockhollow
09-19-13, 08:24 PM
Thank you all for the tips.
I'm on level 99, and try to bake everyday, or at least every other day, but then want to take a few days off. The food barley seems to last.
I've got my bakery closed right now trying to build up the baking, sure hope I don't suffer a mass sale whenI open.

I'm really aiming to expand, but it sure takes a long time to acquire 40mil to buy.
I've baked most of the 12+ hour recipes, so there's no more gems to get.
I usually bake pumpkin pie - I like the long baking time.
I guess I should switch back to Red Velvet Cake, it makes the most.

rockhollow
09-19-13, 08:34 PM
Complete the classic bread oven goals and you will receive the highest output/profit 12 hour recipe. L'Amour Special. That will take a while to complete the goals and build the ovens but it will be easy to keep stocked from that point on.

Thanks for this tip, I've got a few bread ovens. I'd like more but it's hard to get parts, lots of my neighbors don't gift much. I know I could ask for more neighbors, but then I always fell guilty, cause I don't usually have time to spend gifting lots of neighbors.
I always respond to a neighbors asking for something, but don't often visit other neighbors and gift.

Gypsy_Cat
09-20-13, 10:27 AM
Thanks for this tip, I've got a few bread ovens. I'd like more but it's hard to get parts, lots of my neighbors don't gift much. I know I could ask for more neighbors, but then I always fell guilty, cause I don't usually have time to spend gifting lots of neighbors.
I always respond to a neighbors asking for something, but don't often visit other neighbors and gift.

Feel free to add if if you like. I don't care if I get gifts or tips as long as I can count on my neighbors to accept requests from me. I do gift everyday (capp unless new parts are needed).

bobbyrae
09-20-13, 11:31 AM
Thank you all for the tips.
I'm on level 99, and try to bake everyday, or at least every other day, but then want to take a few days off. The food barley seems to last.
I've got my bakery closed right now trying to build up the baking, sure hope I don't suffer a mass sale when I open.

I'm really aiming to expand, but it sure takes a long time to acquire 40mil to buy.
I've baked most of the 12+ hour recipes, so there's no more gems to get.
I usually bake pumpkin pie - I like the long baking time.
I guess I should switch back to Red Velvet Cake, it makes the most.

If you continuously bake the longer timed recipes you will always struggle to have food on your counters. You have to look for recipes that will give you the most food in the shortest possible time and stockpile those onto one counter per item. Instead of having ten batches of red velvet cookies on ten separate counters, try to stockpile them onto one counter. So you might have, for instance, 20,000 RV cookies on one counter, 8,000 candy apples on one counter and 12,000 pecan pies on another counter etc. That's a good little stockpile right there. There are several 2 and 3 hour recipes that will give you quite a number of servings per batch. Once you have a nice stockpile of food on your counters then you can go back to baking RVC and fan them out on several counters so that you can make a greater profit.

It is important to have separate stockpiles on separate counters for a reason. If you cook 10 batches of red velvet cake, for example, and put them out on ten separate counters that cake will sell faster than everything else in your bakery. If you put those 10 batches of cake on one counter then put another ten batches of something else on a separate counter and so on then the food will sell evenly and won't get depleted as quickly.

You can also try making Blackforest cake as well and stockpile them onto one counter at first and then once you have a good stockpile, you can fan them out on several counters so that you will also make more money in a shorter space of time. Blackforest cake, Sweet potato pie and Molten Lava cake (if you have that one) are just three longer timed recipes that give a lot of servings per batch.

If you cannot cook those 2-3 hour recipes because you just don't have the time to keep checking every couple of hours on your game, then look for 6 hour or even 8 hour recipes that have a higher number of servings per batch and make those at first and then move to the longer timed (12-1 day) recipes.

bobbyrae
09-20-13, 11:34 AM
I've got my bakery closed right now trying to build up the baking, sure hope I don't suffer a mass sale whenI open.

Your bakery seems to be pretty big, so the best thing to do is to open just a little section to your customers - put a host table in that little section and maybe five to ten tables and chairs. You can put less if you like. I have done it where I only give my customers access to two tables and chairs. Fewer customers having access to tables or chairs will mean that less food will sell. That way you will make a little money while you are closed, your food will not get consumed quickly and depleted and you won't have to worry about a quick sell when you open the bakery door. :)

libbyzmom
09-20-13, 12:49 PM
HI... this is my first time in the forum.. :) I am at level 47 and rarely ever have to close my doors to restock. I just kept baking a ton of the LaAmore bread, RV cookies and Jasmine tea to get to this point. and yes each had their own counters... that really does work great... I only close my doors if I am not going to be able to play for a day... then I use that time closed to cook the longer timed recipes.. works for me...

rockhollow
09-20-13, 07:11 PM
If you continuously bake the longer timed recipes you will always struggle to have food on your counters. You have to look for recipes that will give you the most food in the shortest possible time and stockpile those onto one counter per item. Instead of having ten batches of red velvet cookies on ten separate counters, try to stockpile them onto one counter. So you might have, for instance, 20,000 RV cookies on one counter, 8,000 candy apples on one counter and 12,000 pecan pies on another counter etc. That's a good little stockpile right there. There are several 2 and 3 hour recipes that will give you quite a number of servings per batch. Once you have a nice stockpile of food on your counters then you can go back to baking RVC and fan them out on several counters so that you can make a greater profit.

It is important to have separate stockpiles on separate counters for a reason. If you cook 10 batches of red velvet cake, for example, and put them out on ten separate counters that cake will sell faster than everything else in your bakery. If you put those 10 batches of cake on one counter then put another ten batches of something else on a separate counter and so on then the food will sell evenly and won't get depleted as quickly.

You can also try making Blackforest cake as well and stockpile them onto one counter at first and then once you have a good stockpile, you can fan them out on several counters so that you will also make more money in a shorter space of time. Blackforest cake, Sweet potato pie and Molten Lava cake (if you have that one) are just three longer timed recipes that give a lot of servings per batch.

If you cannot cook those 2-3 hour recipes because you just don't have the time to keep checking every couple of hours on your game, then look for 6 hour or even 8 hour recipes that have a higher number of servings per batch and make those at first and then move to the longer timed (12-1 day) recipes.

What helpful information, thank you so much.
Just a couple more questions please to help me understand how to do these things.
Do I put away all my counters but one before I put something out to stockpile many batches of a single recipe? Is this how?

And then later bring out more counters? Or is it better to not have many counters at a time. I must have 20+ counters out.

I've noted to recipes, so thanks for that, I'll start baking them, I usually have a bit of time in the evening, I could do shorter baking times.

I've been tending my bakery for quite a long time, I'm thinking I'd like a holiday.

bobbyrae
09-25-13, 10:46 AM
Just a couple more questions please to help me understand how to do these things.
Do I put away all my counters but one before I put something out to stockpile many batches of a single recipe? Is this how?

And then later bring out more counters? Or is it better to not have many counters at a time. I must have 20+ counters out.

I've noted to recipes, so thanks for that, I'll start baking them, I usually have a bit of time in the evening, I could do shorter baking times.

I've been tending my bakery for quite a long time, I'm thinking I'd like a holiday.

Make sure no food is on the counter before you put it away. If you put away counters or stoves with food on them you lose the food. You don't want that at all.

I would put away all the empty counters. In the pic of your bakery that someone had put up you were baking pumpkin pies and had a few counters with pumpkin pies. Take away all the empty counters and put out some food from one stove. All the pumpkin pies will move to one counter. Then remove the other empty counters (if any) and continue putting out food.

Then cook more food and when it's time for putting food out, if it's something you don't already have out, just check to make sure you don't have more thanone counter empty, then put the food out. A good way to push several counters of food onto one counter is to just put out some food you have received as gifts from your neighbours. If your neighbours give you cappuccino then you can easily put out a few counters with cappuccino if you would like to increae your profits a bit.

As soon as you have a good little stockpile of food you won't have to tend your bakery as much. Trust me...I have so much food that I wouldn't have to bake for a few months and I probably still wouldn't run out! lol.

rockhollow
09-25-13, 08:04 PM
Make sure no food is on the counter before you put it away. If you put away counters or stoves with food on them you lose the food. You don't want that at all.

I would put away all the empty counters. In the pic of your bakery that someone had put up you were baking pumpkin pies and had a few counters with pumpkin pies. Take away all the empty counters and put out some food from one stove. All the pumpkin pies will move to one counter. Then remove the other empty counters (if any) and continue putting out food.

Then cook more food and when it's time for putting food out, if it's something you don't already have out, just check to make sure you don't have more thanone counter empty, then put the food out. A good way to push several counters of food onto one counter is to just put out some food you have received as gifts from your neighbours. If your neighbours give you cappuccino then you can easily put out a few counters with cappuccino if you would like to increae your profits a bit.

As soon as you have a good little stockpile of food you won't have to tend your bakery as much. Trust me...I have so much food that I wouldn't have to bake for a few months and I probably still wouldn't run out! lol.

Hey Bobbyrae, thank you so much for all the tips. I understand better. Sadly I did put a few counters away with food on them, but won't do that again.
I've been trying for awhile to stockpile food, but just can't seem to get more than a week or so, but see bakeries (like your's I guess) with food for months, and wondered how they do it.
Do you use assorted appliances at one time or all the same and just bake one thing?
I've mostly got ovens, but a few other bakers as well.
I need to get rid of more counters now.

It sure is nice to get such good,clear advice, again Thanks.

TinksThots
09-25-13, 08:25 PM
Lower your smiley face number on purpose with fewer chairs. All that number does is control how many customers you get, so if you let it drop, there won't be so many of them eating it all up, and you'll be able to stock up quicker. And when you're ready, it doesn't take more than a few minutes for it to shoot back up to 100. http://i40.tinypic.com/hrmvps.jpg

(Thanks, nky1111!)

figuresk8er88
09-26-13, 05:50 AM
I think most people have the opposite problem of food stockpiling up... The recipes in the later half on the stove all have massive servings, I remember mastering them some time ago but still have 100k or even 200k on my counters. I did buy extra appliances, but even with 18 if you constantly bake you should be fine.
Also, red velvet cake is not good for stockpiling, it's one of the few profitable recipes (i guess bad for your case though) that make extra high profit per plate, but gives you only 1225 servings, which means you sell out more plates each day than you can make. So stay away from it until you have enough food piled up, then go back to cooking RVC.

laina619
10-13-13, 06:24 AM

You really don't have to do anything with the counters. If your counters are full of the same foods, when you cook something new it will automatically combine all the same food to one counter. Not sure if you bake on space available, that's what it sounds like, but the game lets you know if you don't have space to put and item. At that point you would just place a new counter and serve the food from the over or drink machine. As others have said, when you have time do the shorter time items. Try to max out what you can. That will give plenty of plates and you can take a break. It took me 3 months to clear out my counters once. I was on a break and would just come in to see if it was cleared yet. It's possible to do. Just keep baking! Also, you can add me. I send gift pretty frequently. I actually don't like when people send food cause I can make food myself but I'll send you food ;)

nmdgames
10-18-13, 03:37 PM
How do you close your bakery?

Sparkly888
10-18-13, 05:48 PM
You can close your bakery by putting something right in front of the door so the door can't be opened.

An alternative is to have your tables placed so that a section can be blocked off by placing a chair in the aisle between the tables.

What I am confused about is placing multiples of food on a single table.
Lets say I bake 4 batches of brownies. I have tried the suggestions here and none of the batches consolidate on a single counter. What am I missing?

I know if I have been gifted, say 4 batches of cappuccino that it all goes on the same counter.

Buggi79
10-19-13, 05:03 AM
Depends on how many counters you have. If all your counters are full of, say, brownies and you bake a pie, all the brownies will consolidate on one counter.

kvoeller
10-19-13, 09:39 AM
You can close your bakery by putting something right in front of the door so the door can't be opened.

An alternative is to have your tables placed so that a section can be blocked off by placing a chair in the aisle between the tables.

What I am confused about is placing multiples of food on a single table.
Lets say I bake 4 batches of brownies. I have tried the suggestions here and none of the batches consolidate on a single counter. What am I missing?

I know if I have been gifted, say 4 batches of cappuccino that it all goes on the same counter.
If you bake 4 batches of brownies and have 4 or more open counters, each batch is going to be on its own counter when you serve them. As bobbyrae noted, you can store all of your empty counters (don't store counters with food on them because you will lose the food) and bring one out of storage each time you bake something new. If you have 4 counters with brownies on them and you want them to combine, you either need to bake something different you don't already have out or serve food from your gifts section that you don't already have a counter of. In either case you will get a message that "the chef" has placed all your brownies on the same counter (and all the food will be combined on the counter that has been on the floor the longest). And as the mods and CMs have noted all over the forum, be careful blocking the door because it is not part of the game design and may cause a quick sale where you may or may not get your coins for the food sold. Blocking the door is done at your own risk and TL will not refund you for the loss of food or coins.

Sparkly888
10-19-13, 12:41 PM
Well THANK YOU!
Now I understand.
And it works like magic!
Thanks again!

Trixie6969
10-19-13, 01:11 PM
What I did for both RS & BS was quite a bit different than most.

I removed most of my chairs, leaving 6 or so. Your hearts will drop pretty fast, but at least I didn't lose food. Your income will drop too, but keep your tables free of tips & DO NOT BUY DECORATIONS... lol...you need your coins for food. Do not have multiple counters for 1 food item & store empty counters. If you run low on coins, then add chairs. Once you think you're at a good level of food, put your chairs back & watch your hearts increase rapidly. Your income also increases.

Another hint is cook recipes according to your schedule & when you can return to the game. Helps with food/coin waste If you're going to be away for a few days, remove most of your chairs so you have food when you return.

I started this bakery in May, but been playing for a few years....I did both for a week & have not run out of food since. In fact I have almost too much food, lol, but it is giving me a chance to master 22+ hour recipes. If you want pics, let me know.

kvoeller
10-19-13, 02:00 PM
Well THANK YOU!
Now I understand.
And it works like magic!
Thanks again!
I'm glad you got it all figured out! :)

Sparkly888
10-19-13, 03:14 PM
I'm with you on the not buying decorations right away Trixie.
Build up your food system and your customer efficiency system first.

Then when it's running well and you have good turnover and good money coming in you can decorate at your leisure and not worry about not having enough money.
Same with goals. They take a lot of money that you really can't afford when you are starting a bakery.

Sparkly888
10-19-13, 04:18 PM
Now that I have been baking brownies like a fiend I have another question.

Is there a limit to how many plates of food I can have on a single counter?

kvoeller
10-19-13, 05:23 PM
Nope, there is no limit to plates on a single counter. Some people have reported having 1 million plus plates so you don't have anything to worry about ;).

Sparkly888
10-19-13, 06:40 PM
Wow that is WAY cool!
This little magic trick pleases me so much I can hardly contain myself. :-)
My husband looks at me funny every time I react.
Lol. He couldn't understand.

For me the baking part is way more fun than decorating.
Thanks again!!!!!!

kvoeller
10-19-13, 06:56 PM
Lol I couldn't agree with you more! I love the baking aspect of it and I love the way the food looks on the counters. I continue making foods I think are really cute long after I have mastered them. And no one understands my obsession with the game outside of the forum ;). I'm embarrassed to tell anyone how much time I spend playing these games lol :p

Sparkly888
10-20-13, 06:13 AM
Lol. I know!!
The food is so beautiful and I love baking for appreciative customers.
Not too much of that goes on in my real life anymore.

And I love my little customers coming in and shoving my food in their faces with both hands and falling in love. :-D
Sometimes I just watch them, my bakery a beehive of activity and I tell them; "I love you guys!"

sollia
10-20-13, 07:33 AM
I can't remember what level I was at when food started piling up but it will happen for you eventually.

I just love displaying food more than any decoration so I have 112 counters in a big rectangle in my bakery. Almost a year ago I was talking to people and they said they hated when food would build up because if you wanted to serve new food but didn't have enough counters something would be wasted. Clearly I found a way around that haha

When I took a break earlier this year I had over 150k plates of King Sweet and over 200k of L'amour Special. So yeah having tons of plates on a counter is very possible.

Also, don't block your door. I've been told by mods and other helpful people that it doesn't work that way and food will just be consumed faster when you open again. Think of it as catching up for lost time or something like that. (Unless this has been changed)

Sparkly888
10-20-13, 08:29 AM
I was so pleased I managed to not run out last night!
Yay!
I have some 34 to 36 counters that I fill now and then let my chef do his magic!

I think it would **** me to block my door.
I have blocked off an aisle with a chair and couldn't stand it for longer than 5 minutes.
My people want food!!
Besides, what's the difference between running out of food or just not letting your customers to eat what's there?
They both equal no revenue coming in.

Sparkly888
10-20-13, 09:22 AM
Duh!
And probably everyone else already knew this but me.
When all my counters are full and I serve a batch of something that IS already on my counters, it just adds to one of those counters.
At least that's what it looked like to me.
Can anyone confirm?

sollia
10-20-13, 11:39 AM
That is correct. Nice, right? Makes more room.

The logic about blocking the door means no customers come in at all. If you have no food but the walkways are clear, they will sit down, see there is no food, and leave. This lowers your score (the one in pink with a heart at the top of your screen) and when that score is lower you get fewer customers and slower revenue. Of course it will work its way back up but that's what some people do to avoid that.

kvoeller
10-20-13, 07:10 PM
Duh!
And probably everyone else already knew this but me.
When all my counters are full and I serve a batch of something that IS already on my counters, it just adds to one of those counters.
At least that's what it looked like to me.
Can anyone confirm?
This is indeed correct :). And if you serve a food gift that you already have a counter of, it will also just add to your total.

Gorillabeats
11-08-13, 03:14 AM
If you run out of food: look at the ratio cooking time contra plates given. For startups I recommend red velvet cookies at 1750 plates in only 3 hours, I think. I used this for my second account and already at level 24-25 I had surplus of food.

Buy more oven slots asap. I spend all gems on oven slots, once you have more than 12, it's easy to get a surplus of food, and use ALL appliance slots for the same recipe.

Once you have enough plates to not have to keep checking the bakery or restaurant, you can move on to more leisurely recipies like 8, 12, 16 or 22 hours cooking time.

So get on do some powercooking to mass up on counters, then go relax, close your door or whatever is suited your playing style:)