PDA

View Full Version : Battle strategies?

Skracher
09-17-13, 04:54 PM
Any suggestions on strategies please. Walls worth it? Group buildings close or speed them around the map? Keep troops inside or outside the walls? How about attacks? Good ratios of archers, bears etc... Any ideas please post, new to this.

bcgamer
09-17-13, 07:14 PM
If you do not have your Royal Hall upgraded to level 5-6, then no need to focus too much on these things. Just loot resources and upgrade and build your defense.

ktdlmnop
09-18-13, 12:06 PM
I keep resources and defenses inside walls, most other things outside walls.

MediusSyberia
09-19-13, 09:14 AM
Well your royal hall is worth 30% if they destroy it and they only need to destroy 50% of your base to win some of your crowns.

I find keeping your royal hall and your defensive army buildings in the very middle and surrounding them by as many walls and other buildings works well. They still might steal your resources like this but they have to break through a lot of things to actually beat you and steal your crowns this way :D

sand
09-21-13, 11:10 PM
I was placing my cannons and watchtower outside my walls so they could shoot at attackers trying to penetrate the wall and not shoot at my own buildings or troops. But I see many successful players with these defenses INSIDE the walls, and even at the very center, near the RH. Do they somehow shoot through your own stuff and only hit the enemy?
What about bombs? Do they only hurt the enemy? Will they blow my wall open if I place them too close to it? Where should you put them? I tried to hide one under a tree and now I can't see it or reach it to move it. LOL

kwhales
09-22-13, 05:24 AM
Protecting your weapons is important. Once the enemy destroys them they pretty much have free rain over your camp so keeping them in walls helps to slow the enemy down in destroying them. Same with your banks. This way they won't take as much of your loot. The royal hall is next since once this is destroyed the enemy pretty much gets a win. I can't wait till my royal hall is finished upgrading so I can get more walls. 45 is just not enough.

Your own weapons will not destroy your buildings. I have seen bombs go through the royal hall and get my fighters. Keep trying to move your weapon that is near the tree. You may have to remove the tree to get to it.

sand
09-23-13, 12:16 PM
Protecting your weapons is important. Once the enemy destroys them they pretty much have free rain over your camp so keeping them in walls helps to slow the enemy down in destroying them. Same with your banks. This way they won't take as much of your loot. The royal hall is next since once this is destroyed the enemy pretty much gets a win. I can't wait till my royal hall is finished upgrading so I can get more walls. 45 is just not enough.

Your own weapons will not destroy your buildings. I have seen bombs go through the royal hall and get my fighters. Keep trying to move your weapon that is near the tree. You may have to remove the tree to get to it.

Okay, by studying the REPLAY of my 2 defensive battles, I've confirmed that I'm invulnerable to my own defensive fire. Great! But I'm still not clear on where is the best place to plant those cherry bombs. Inside or out?
Also, when you say, "The royal hall is next," do you mean that protecting the RH is NOT the first priority? I thought it was. I'm now quite confused. LOL.

kwhales
09-23-13, 02:29 PM
Okay, by studying the REPLAY of my 2 defensive battles, I've confirmed that I'm invulnerable to my own defensive fire. Great! But I'm still not clear on where is the best place to plant those cherry bombs. Inside or out?
Also, when you say, "The royal hall is next," do you mean that protecting the RH is NOT the first priority? I thought it was. I'm now quite confused. LOL.

I feel that protecting your weapons is priority. Once they are destroyed, the enemy can loot and destroy everything until time is up on the battle.

Yes, your royal hall is important but without weapons to protect it, you will lose it anyway. So I go with the weapon protection first idea, then the royal hall, banks, etc. I wish we could get more walls though. Now that I am at level 4 royal hall, I believe its a whopping 375K to upgrade to level 5. (Don't have my phone near me to check, so this is just going by memory, which sometimes fails me. ) LOL.

scottyhaha
09-23-13, 03:08 PM
Any suggestions on strategies please. Walls worth it? Group buildings close or speed them around the map? Keep troops inside or outside the walls? How about attacks? Good ratios of archers, bears etc... Any ideas please post, new to this.

For d protect your royal hall and weapons. I like thiefs, take their money and run I don't need to win a battle. Need money for upgrade. I dont care about Crown points for now. I'm just looking some rich kingdom.

CuddlyDragon
09-23-13, 03:31 PM
Hey Hey!

I think that walls are worth it. I tend to protect the buildings that are worth the most points. I am also constantly changing my army. Sometimes I go "super nerd" and write down how many of each unit I make, and then I write down how well that army does.

Takiofallen
09-24-13, 01:25 PM
ok people i have managed to level up very quickly also take out a few hight level kingdoms gaining 40 points for a battle. it simple to figure if you understand your own style of play.

1. Know how you like to attack. Everyone plays this game different and defend there Kingdoms differently go in to battles that favor you. some people setups will fall in to your play style while others don't. you get 30 seconds before you have to commit to a battle so scope out the land look for week spots. Know what you want blue stones or money. some people leave some less guarded then others so find one is is not guarding what you want.

Example: Some one i ran in to had hight level white walls . there mistake was that there far wall was out of range of any of there defense so i sent in 4 of my bombers one at a time mad a hole sent some bears in to distract the cannon closest to wht i wanted then sent in my thief's. I lost one crown point and gained 100,000 blue gems. now don't get me wrong he/she was pissed came back and completely destroyed me but by that time i spent everything they wanted back. i went to visit there kingdom again and the fixed there weak are. just glad i got to it when i did.

2. look at where the money/stones are. There are many people at higher levels that are to well defended vaults on the inside shops on the outside but make sure when looking at there cash count to see where it is. If someone has 200,000 in gold look at the vault. If its empty but they have that much cash on hand its in the shops and not collected. if thee shops are on the out side of the wall take it all. They should of took the time to put it in there vault surrounded by 18 walls.

Ok i have given away enough secrets the rest will be given to my alliance members. I will start one soon would like to start of with 5 member so we can take care of each other.

I know a few alliance tricks that work well that saved me a few times. Until next time people

jahil
09-24-13, 05:15 PM
Ok enough with the dramatics takiofallen....build your alliance asap so that we will have an alliance with a great strategist...not that im not one myself lol.... I wanted to join an alliance that talks to each other and share strategies... Go on and build one already hehe

sand
09-25-13, 09:45 AM
Count me in, Takio. With Jahil & Kwhales, that makes at least 4; and I'm sure there are others who are keen.

I've done very well defensively. I've sustained only 1 defensive loss so far because during my first couple days of set-up, my twitchy-fingered daughter decided to go fight a battle then later told me "Nothing happened when I tapped the buildings." (LOL) But the action opened me up to attack before I was ready.
My raid attempts are another story. I've barely managed to keep my wins ahead of my losses and don't always pick the best battles. I simply don't SEE everything. Then there's the issue of troops not going where I think I sent them. Hopefully, I get better with practice.

Your post is very helpful. For one thing, I didn't even realize that the appearance of the vaults indicated how full or empty they were. Doh!

Takiofallen
09-25-13, 02:08 PM
ok i will build the alliance by 8:pm my time it is now 5:00 so three hours from this post Names anyone? public or private?
Ok enough with the dramatics takiofallen....build your alliance asap so that we will have an alliance with a great strategist...not that im not one myself lol.... I wanted to join an alliance that talks to each other and share strategies... Go on and build one already hehe

kwhales
09-25-13, 02:15 PM
ok i will build the alliance by 8:pm my time it is now 5:00 so three hours from this post Names anyone? public or private?

Public alliance takio. We want alot of members to join, so don't go private. Maybe later, but now public and make it a low crown count if any. We want noobs to join because, face it, we are all pretty new. Later, you can change it to a higher crown count and whatever.

PICK A COOL NAME.

MediusSyberia
09-25-13, 09:48 PM
Good luck with your alliance guys. I know some new alliances have had success recruiting people from global chat so it might be worth chatting/inviting people from there to build up your numbers as well.

OliversRock
09-26-13, 12:23 AM
I'd like to join. I still don't understand how it all works...but I'm interested. Just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for baby to come!

sand
09-27-13, 11:43 AM
Back to the topic of BATTLE STRATEGIES, some of you seem to be very big on offensive attacks. Do you use the same army of troops every time you battle, or do you change it up depending on your battle objective?

Since I don't know what kind of matches I'm going to find (and I'm not crazy about the idea of skipping through dozens of matches at the cost of 250 coins per skip), I try to be ready for most defenses. Almost everybody seems to throw up at least 2 sets of walls or waffle grids, and I've been slugging it out with 26 warriors, 10 archers, 10 thieves, 4 bears, and 4 demolitionists. It's a relatively small crew, but that's my attempt at an all-purpose attack unit.

I don't get to see much of how other people are battling because I've hardly been attacked. Except for yesterday. After a week of quiet, 2 defensive battles, in which I saw armies using large groups of the same type of troops:

A. 40 thieves blazing through like a swarm of fire ants... and... a bear. (LOL)

B. About 25 archers from one end of my encampment, 20 thieves from the opposite, then 7 demolitionists rushing a wall together in the middle.

These were both losing efforts, but they were interesting to look at. Warriors are the only troops that I bring a lot of, and I don't usually deploy them all in the same place. So I'm curious -- who do YOU take with you when you're looking for a match?

jahil
09-27-13, 07:47 PM
Back to the topic of BATTLE STRATEGIES, some of you seem to be very big on offensive attacks. Do you use the same army of troops every time you battle, or do you change it up depending on your battle objective?

Since I don't know what kind of matches I'm going to find (and I'm not crazy about the idea of skipping through dozens of matches at the cost of 250 coins per skip), I try to be ready for most defenses. Almost everybody seems to throw up at least 2 sets of walls or waffle grids, and I've been slugging it out with 26 warriors, 10 archers, 10 thieves, 4 bears, and 4 demolitionists. It's a relatively small crew, but that's my attempt at an all-purpose attack unit.

I don't get to see much of how other people are battling because I've hardly been attacked. Except for yesterday. After a week of quiet, 2 defensive battles, in which I saw armies using large groups of the same type of troops:

A. 40 thieves blazing through like a swarm of fire ants... and... a bear. (LOL)

B. About 25 archers from one end of my encampment, 20 thieves from the opposite, then 7 demolitionists rushing a wall together in the middle.

These were both losing efforts, but they were interesting to look at. Warriors are the only troops that I bring a lot of, and I don't usually deploy them all in the same place. So I'm curious -- who do YOU take with you when you're looking for a match?

Well it all depends on the purpose of your attack...if you want to gain crowns and eradicate the opponent...i go 11 bears, 10 demo ( normally use half of it only though ) and a lot of warriors.... Just make sure to place hem properly cause sometimes the warriors tend to go places they dont want them to be lol...

If you want to gain resources then go for bears to absorb he attacks then demo and lots a thieves....

Again... You still have to select bases you think you can beat or you can successfully loot...