PDA

View Full Version : Can't see sparkles

Mylly2
07-14-13, 04:34 PM
It appears that tapping on the hearts and collecting the sparkles are connected to usage of the Wall.
I've noticed the newsfeed alerts me to a visitor, but the sparkles haven't appeared, but if I write on my wall, or their wall, the sparkles appear.
I think because the Wall isn't as easily accessed and not used as much in this game, a lot of farms aren't noticing they have sparkles and aren't clearing them.
The heart social levels don't seem to be as high in this game as other TL games, maybe people couldn't be bothered, as hearts aren't always available and clearing isn't done as often, making the profits from socializing decreased.
We shouldn't have to be active on our walls, to make tipping/helping beneficial, players who choose not to use the wall should still be able to see the sparkles quickly and readily.

StacyLeeMeow
07-14-13, 10:07 PM
I, too, have noticed a delay between the "someone visited you" message and the sparkles. I have never thought to check to see if the wall changes anything. Usually, I fish a bit, tend some crops/animals, or go shopping, and within about 2 minutes, the sparkles appear and I collect my coins.
I'd be curious to know how long it takes after we collect our sparkles for the heart to appear again.
I would have to guess that one of the reasons FS2 has overall lower number of 4 heart social ratings is due to the very low number of buildings to collect from. Farms get fully helped very quickly, it only takes 4 visitors for me to be fully helped in this game. In another (castle story) it probably takes 10 or more neighbours before all my bldgs are sparkling.

maguar
07-14-13, 11:14 PM
Posting or deleting a wall message or visiting someone causes your game to sync with the servers. In castle I used to post and delete before collecting from buildings to make sure the sparkles appeared. In farm2 there are fewer building but you can collect the sparkles even if the building isn't ready to collect from so I'd guess it is possible to get to 4 stars provided people regularly clear their buildings.

Mylly2
07-15-13, 01:39 AM
I have to 'sync' this game so much more than I do in my other games, to activate the sparkles.
I really like the feature of being able to collect straight away, without waiting until a building is ready, that's handy to build up my coins.
It certainly doesn't take long for the farm to 'fill up' with no hearts, having so few buildings to tap on. I wonder if the home, silo, barn and tree house could be made active, that would give us more buildings with hearts.
I was wondering if the lower social hearts, was because people weren't clearing as quickly, so we find its not worth visiting, because there's a higher chance of getting to a farm and there's no hearts anyway, so we 'stay home'.

StacyLeeMeow
07-15-13, 10:14 PM
LOVE the idea of the houses, barn, silo, animal pens, and trees, earning sparkles! Wonderful suggestion Mylly2, I hope TL can make it happen :)

Mylly2
08-10-13, 04:14 AM
LOVE the idea of the houses, barn, silo, animal pens, and trees, earning sparkles! Wonderful suggestion Mylly2, I hope TL can make it happen :)

Thank you StacyLeeMeow.

I hope all the buildings, trees and animal pens can be tapped too, our profits collecting from the sparkles would be very helpful.

I have a feeling it's not going to happen though. It already seems like this game isn't going to be supported, our two new decorations are for gems, that's not very encouraging.

Also, we STILL have to write something or delete something on our wall for the sparkles to show up, so frustrating. I've missed out on many chances to get profits from visitors, as they don't have any hearts to tap, yet I am playing the game and unaware my buildings are sparkling. I shouldn't have to access my sparkles via posting on my wall.

Mylly2
08-14-13, 06:18 PM
I think the sparkles have improved with the new update, I will try and take more notice next time.

Mylly2
08-16-13, 03:11 AM
Nah, I still have to write/delete something on my wall to make the sparkles appear.
I can be constantly playing, not even realise there are sparkles and neighbours have come and gone, saying I'm full and I didn't even know I'd been sparkled, such a loss of profit. Oh well, in the big scheme of things, it's not really a problem, just me whinging.

JerseyGirl068
09-17-13, 04:06 AM
Not sure if I'm the only one, but while I'm playing, I can't see sparkles on buildings unless I force close app & go back on farm. Running on IOS 6.1.3 ... Please Lmk what I can do cause I'm constantly restarting this app. Thanks!

kooky panda
09-17-13, 05:18 AM
I am also having the same problem. (iphone 5 - OS version 6.1.4) This has been reported.
Right now try deleting a message from your wall, then come back to see if this shows your sparkles.

Moving thread to bug forum.

Snapenath
09-17-13, 02:21 PM
I have the same issue.
I either post a smiley on my wall or delete a message and the sparkles show up :)

Mylly2
09-19-13, 04:04 AM
This problem is still occurring, the newer players are noticing it too and Kooky even has a problem and moved the latest discussion about it over to 'bugs'.

Why hasn't it been improved?

Mylly2
09-19-13, 04:07 AM
On the 14th of July I wrote about this in 'suggestions and feedback', should I have mentioned it in 'bugs'?
Why is this problem with the sparkles still occurring?