PDA

View Full Version : Food Consumption

Unregistered
01-04-11, 06:44 AM
I have noticed that the times that my food gets eaten within a matter of seconds it is when I am attempting to stockpile the food.
This is occurring in both Bakery & Restaurant.
So, I bake the food, close the restaurant, serve the food, wait till my counters are full, and then open the restaurant.
Next, I do this process in Bakery. I go back to Restaurant, I gain 17,000 coins within that 4 minutes. Yes, I get the credit, but now I don't have the food that was supposed to sustain the customers for the day.

I am not going to open and close the restaurant/bakery any longer, as I have a feeling that is where the glitch is coming from. I don't know why it should matter, but that's my observation after this happening to me for a few weeks.

PS, I am running the apps on the iPhone v. 4 and the updated apps such as 1.0.4 whatever it is.

Hoping that Techies can look at this problem and find a way to stop the fast food consumption. This is not whole the game is supposed to work.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 08:37 AM
Wow... I wish I had that problem. O_O Faster consumption = money!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Dude, you do know that you can actually STOP customers from coming in, right? Just place something in front of your door, and you're done. So if your food has been consumed, just close the door. Then go back the next day and do the same thing. No biggie. It's an UPSIDE to have fast consumption, because you can actually "slow" it down yourself (and keep your popularity rating at 100) by "closing" your restaurant/bakery with something in front of your door.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 09:32 AM
even with something in front of the door, my food still vanishes...not sure what thats about but it sux!

Unregistered
01-04-11, 09:52 AM
Wow... I wish I had that problem. O_O Faster consumption = money!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Dude, you do know that you can actually STOP customers from coming in, right? Just place something in front of your door, and you're done. So if your food has been consumed, just close the door. Then go back the next day and do the same thing. No biggie. It's an UPSIDE to have fast consumption, because you can actually "slow" it down yourself (and keep your popularity rating at 100) by "closing" your restaurant/bakery with something in front of your door.

You're not understanding the concept. I did block the door overnight, (what I meant when I said I closed the restaurant) so that I would cook all the food possible and load the counters up for the next day. I won't repeat my original post, because the bottom line is that Food consumption of thousands of plates should not occur in milliseconds. This is a bug, & I am not the only one it happens to. Others have the counters full of food DISAPPEAR without receiving the money for it, I assume I am getting the coins in return. I just hope that my particular bug doesn't escalate into food disappearing and taking the money with it.

I am trying to alert the developers etc of the issue and see if they can fix it. I do not want my food consumed instantaneously, I want it to sit pretty and be eaten one dish at a time as expected after I have watched it sit on the oven/stove/grill for hours.

If it cooked instantly, I would understand the reasoning if the food is gone instantly.

~Dudette.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 04:47 PM
You're not understanding the concept. I did block the door overnight, (what I meant when I said I closed the restaurant) so that I would cook all the food possible and load the counters up for the next day. I won't repeat my original post, because the bottom line is that Food consumption of thousands of plates should not occur in milliseconds. This is a bug, & I am not the only one it happens to. Others have the counters full of food DISAPPEAR without receiving the money for it, I assume I am getting the coins in return. I just hope that my particular bug doesn't escalate into food disappearing and taking the money with it.

I am trying to alert the developers etc of the issue and see if they can fix it. I do not want my food consumed instantaneously, I want it to sit pretty and be eaten one dish at a time as expected after I have watched it sit on the oven/stove/grill for hours.

If it cooked instantly, I would understand the reasoning if the food is gone instantly.

~Dudette.

No, I understood the concept. You just left out the trivial bit about wanting your food to sit pretty and watch it being eaten. *rolls eyes* Oh, and the important bit about *assuming* you're getting coins for the food consumption.

If you're NOT getting coins, then yes, I would think it was an issue and tell TeamLava about it. (And yes, obviously it IS a bug - a nasty bug if you're NOT getting coins, but a rather good bug if you ARE...)

But if you ARE getting coins (which you stated you were in your first post, leaving out that it was an assumption) then my first reply still stands. Forget about your food looking pretty - so ridiculous. You cook food just like others, and you get coins for it - with the added bonus that your food consumption is speeded up. So, essentially, you get to make more money than other people every day. What's so bad about that?

Oh, yeah, no pretty food sitting pretty and being eaten...

Do YOU get MY concept? You cook food. Food consumes for money. Cook more food. Food consumes for money. Repeat. Repeat. Stop when bored (and block the door to keep popularity rating at 100). Oh look - more money than most people in a day was made! Tada.

Less time spent on the game AND more money! Wow.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 06:17 PM
No, I understood the concept. You just left out the trivial bit about wanting your food to sit pretty and watch it being eaten. *rolls eyes* Oh, and the important bit about *assuming* you're getting coins for the food consumption.

If you're NOT getting coins, then yes, I would think it was an issue and tell TeamLava about it. (And yes, obviously it IS a bug - a nasty bug if you're NOT getting coins, but a rather good bug if you ARE...)

But if you ARE getting coins (which you stated you were in your first post, leaving out that it was an assumption) then my first reply still stands. Forget about your food looking pretty - so ridiculous. You cook food just like others, and you get coins for it - with the added bonus that your food consumption is speeded up. So, essentially, you get to make more money than other people every day. What's so bad about that?

Do YOU get MY concept? You cook food. Food consumes for money. Cook more food. Food consumes for money. Repeat. Repeat. Stop when bored (and block the door to keep popularity rating at 100). Oh look - more money than most people in a day was made! Tada.

Oh grow up. Hope your little rant that made you feel better.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 06:29 PM

Have you considered that people might like to play the game differently from you? The OP was discussing a subject that they were having an issue with. An issue that restricts them from playing the game the way that they want to, and your answer was just rude, and not at all helpful.

To the OP, I am having the same issue in BS. I close my bakery for a week at a time to stockpile food, only to have it all eaten within about 1 hour. The last time this happened I earned over 600,000, which was good, but it was still disappointing to see all that work gone within such a short time.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 06:41 PM
Have you considered that people might like to play the game differently from you? The OP was discussing a subject that they were having an issue with. An issue that restricts them from playing the game the way that they want to, and your answer was just rude, and not at all helpful.

To the OP, I am having the same issue in BS. I close my bakery for a week at a time to stockpile food, only to have it all eaten within about 1 hour. The last time this happened I earned over 600,000, which was good, but it was still disappointing to see all that work gone within such a short time.

This was also happening in Restaurant Story then they slowed it down. The best option would be to have pacing choices like in Plant Tycoon where time can be slow, normal, fast or even paused.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 06:44 PM
This was also happening in Restaurant Story then they slowed it down. The best option would be to have pacing choices like in Plant Tycoon where time can be slow, normal, fast or even paused.

Sorry...thought I was in the Bakery Story thread. Point still stands though about pacing options.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 08:26 PM
May i know how many kind of food you have in your restaurant? Food will go faster if you have limited kind of dishes....

Just to make a comparison, I have 25 counters, serving 25 kinds of different food. My customers will consume about 1000+ of each kind of food per day..... so, if I have around 900 serving of bagel in the morning, it will finishes at night. I'm ok with this speed, and maintain my restaurant without closing or food disappearing from any counter, and still keeping my heart at 100.

I think most player with less counter or cooking appliances will have this food gone too fast problem, as i did when i was at lower level. So, stay cool, things will turn out right, just be patient ........

Unregistered
01-05-11, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the feeback and back-up.. :)
From last night to today I didn't close the restaurant, and when I served the food and went back to bakery and exited back and forth a few times, the food didn't disappear immediately like it did yesterday.
Yay. I am not going to stockpile anymore, because the last time I did that over New Years the same thing happened in Bakery, where it went poof immediately.

To the last poster, this was a glitch and had nothing to do with the type of food, (just served batches of stew, quiche, lobster and seafood paella were among the ten dishes that were comsumed immediately yesterday a.m. including the gifts). I appreciate the reply though, this time it was not the issue you brought up but would be a valid point for others.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 03:51 PM
I have noticed that the times that my food gets eaten within a matter of seconds it is when I am attempting to stockpile the food.
This is occurring in both Bakery & Restaurant.
So, I bake the food, close the restaurant, serve the food, wait till my counters are full, and then open the restaurant.
Next, I do this process in Bakery. I go back to Restaurant, I gain 17,000 coins within that 4 minutes. Yes, I get the credit, but now I don't have the food that was supposed to sustain the customers for the day.

I am not going to open and close the restaurant/bakery any longer, as I have a feeling that is where the glitch is coming from. I don't know why it should matter, but that's my observation after this happening to me for a few weeks.

PS, I am running the apps on the iPhone v. 4 and the updated apps such as 1.0.4 whatever it is.

Hoping that Techies can look at this problem and find a way to stop the fast food consumption. This is not whole the game is supposed to work.

Ugh the same thing happened to me today - TWICE. This morning I opened up my restaurant after I had stockpiled all my food (I made about 4 different dishes with ~1000 plates each), then I came back to it 5 min later and everything was gone. I got the money for it all, though. But I was really surprised b/c I had stockpiled all my food in the past yet this never happened. So I started all over again and prepared 1000s of dishes with fast-cooking recipes, and when I checked back less than an hour later, all the food was gone yet again.

I really hope they fix this glitch cuz it's really annoying to see food that took so long to make disappear within minutes. :/

Unregistered
01-06-11, 10:41 AM
yup add me to the list, its soooo frustrating because i stockpile for a reason :)