PDA

View Full Version : Easy Add Neighbors

ginerp
09-15-13, 03:41 PM
So I love the feature in this game where you can set your settings so that people can invite you to be their neighbor with one click and without knowing your user name. I think it cuts down on so much hassle in getting neighbors. But I have noticed that almost no one uses it. I have it turned on and only two people have used it to invite me. And I have visited tons of community farms and very few have it turned on for themselves. So I'm curious, why do so few use it? If someone invites you and you don't want to be their neighbor, you don't have to accept. But if you do want to be neighbors, it makes it so much easier than it is in the other TL games. So what's the drawback? I feel like I'm missing something.

ginerp
09-15-13, 03:44 PM
I should add, I can see turning it off once you have a ton of neighbors. But how many of us are to that point yet? Almost everyone I visit is around level 10, you are unlikely to be up to your eyeballs in neighbors by that level.

jtm101
09-15-13, 10:01 PM
There is one major drawback i have thought of.

Pending Invites. For years now people have been complaining about having pending invites they cant delete. With this new system it is too easy to invite new nbrs. You may be adding people that dont play the game anymore. You might even add them unintentionally, like i have done. ie i meant to post on their wall, but unwittingly hit the invite button rather than the wall button... Oops. I still have them in my list last time i opened this game.

I know in other TL games i have had people stuck in my invite list for YEARS. There comes a point when you cannot add new nbrs as you have too many pending invites, which then means you cannot add new nbrs.

P.s. dont invite me, i'm not actively playing anymore due to the horrible planting system that was forced upon us 2 versions ago.

lolzillaz
09-16-13, 12:52 PM
I can see where neighbors that sell their items at high prices all the time regardless of market demand would not be desirable neighbors. I'm guessing some people like to filter who they invite since they will be sorting through a large list when looking through neighbors shops.