PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Memory Usage

TheRickySilver
09-15-13, 09:41 AM
Around how much phone memory does it take to run Dragon Story on iOS and Android? Short and sweet question. :D

kbrown0410
09-15-13, 11:02 AM
According to my Task Manager (Android), it runs at about 34Mb

danni7788
09-15-13, 11:41 AM
For my ipad it says about 560 mb

TheRickySilver
09-17-13, 09:50 PM
Ok so I see that the iPhone 5 and my phone (Droid Razr) both have the same amount of memory which is 1024 MB, or essentially 1 GB ram. However, I was told that the reason my device lags and force closes all the time is because of an out of memory issue. With there being so many task ****ers and auto ram boosters on Android, how is it that the iPhone 5 can run so smoothly but yet my Droid Razr can't? They're both running with the same amount of memory. The maximum amount of memory is freed up before starting the game. Based on the two answers above on Android the game uses a mere fraction of the memory available, but yet the iPad version uses well over 10x that amount. The numbers don't add up with the explanation I was given.

AnonymousNoOne
09-20-13, 02:45 AM
iOS is derived from OS X, with which it shares the Darwin foundation and various application frameworks. iOS is Apple's mobile version of the OS X operating system used on Apple computers.

Unlike Microsoft's Windows Phone and Google's Android, Apple does not license iOS for installation on non-Apple hardware.

A Q3 2013 study found that mobile developers use iOS as a primary platform more than Android (59% vs. 49%), despite Android being a more popular platform overall.

Source wiki.

Turpsichore
09-20-13, 12:26 PM
Ok so I see that the iPhone 5 and my phone (Droid Razr) both have the same amount of memory which is 1024 MB, or essentially 1 GB ram. However, I was told that the reason my device lags and force closes all the time is because of an out of memory issue. With there being so many task ****ers and auto ram boosters on Android, how is it that the iPhone 5 can run so smoothly but yet my Droid Razr can't? They're both running with the same amount of memory. The maximum amount of memory is freed up before starting the game. Based on the two answers above on Android the game uses a mere fraction of the memory available, but yet the iPad version uses well over 10x that amount. The numbers don't add up with the explanation I was given.

The Android coding has a memory leak, iOS doesn't.