PDA

View Full Version : Playability improvement - suggestions

sunkalito
09-15-13, 06:08 AM
Okay, so apparently there seem to be a lot of complaints regarding some issues with this game, which cause people to become stuck - and sometimes the only way out are gems.
This isn't right.
So I think there should be a suggestions thread.
I'll talk about the problems I have encountered along the line and how I think they can be solved, to improve everyone's game experience. Bare in mind I'm only like level 15, so olderayers may have better suggestions.

1- lack of space in the barn or storage.
Early on, I didn't really know what the game was about. As is usual, with a new game come a set of doubts and questions that we don't really know how to answer on our own.
Obviously one of the first problems are the lack of room in the barn or storage.

Tip for TL: in the game tutorial, maybe it would be nice if ya'll could cover the expansion and upgrade features. As in, "these items are hard to find, so use them wisely."
I personally wasted some valuable resources upgrading the feed mill and the kitchen before the barn and silo (LOL!) because I had no idea what was best to get to first.

Tip for TL: items for expansions (maps, deeds, permits) and items for upgrades (saws, bricks, paint, nails, etc) and items for clearing shrubbery and rocks (shovels, saws, pickaxes, etc) should be stored in the CELLAR and not in the BARN, for Pete's sake!!! Ugggghhhhh!! >.<
At least the maps could be stored down there. Seriously. They take up so much space and sometimes are totally useless until we can get the "corresponding" other items to complete an expansion or do an upgrade.

Tips for TL: sure, we can sell and buy. But how about a "toss this!" feature? Like when we have too much of something and no slots to sell it but need room fast. Maybe we could toss it. Of course, a confirmation button would be needed. Don't wanna toss the wrong item because of quick fingers.

2- odd way of gifting.
I do not like the gifting system. "Send a mystery box to 3 friends" is no fun. At least we should be able to choose from a list what to send to 3 neighbors; or we could gift mystery boxes to, say, five neighbors a day.
Also, the "heart on building" system is pretty cool. Wish we could get more items from it than just coins (i've received a shovel before and was beyond ecstatic).

3- planting and harvesting system is... Awkward.
I don't know what to suggest about this, but honestly the planting system is weird. The crops look all crazy and scattered when I plant them because the game just wants to plant them wherever. It's weird. :p
Also the way stuff is signalled for collectingis weird. Yeah, hi, a button pops up down in the screen when we have stuff to collect, or a scythe when we have crops to harvest. Not sure if it's the best method for it.

4- income system.
Money-making is. So. Darn. Slowwwwwwwwww... Sometimes I do a delivery and think, "I'm getting so little cash back, I don't even know why I bother."
And would it **** YOU to add in an extra shovel or pickaxe every ten or so deliveries??? Please!

5- Piper's expansion suggestions.
They could use a little work. How about she tells us a bit more about where we're expanding to?
Or maybe when we tap, say, on the bee's nest it could say, "feature only available after level 30". Would definitely be better, since some people expanded there and now have to wait ages before they can collect honey, when (according to everyone else) it's way better to expand to the lake.

6- crafting and cooking and stuff.
Well, we know crafting and cooking have an order. If I have three free slots, and start baking a biscuit, then a cornbresd, then a quiche, the biscuit will start first.
How about you let us be able to switch the other orders (the ones not being cooked/crafted at the moment) around, so one starts getting ready after the first is done? I often wish I could switch orders around, to be honest...

Uhm. I'd thought of something else but I forgot what it was. If anyone has more suggestions feel free to speak up. This is about our feedback regarding possible playability improvements for this new game, so it won't become boring and stressful too soon.
As a good neighbor of mine says, "this game is so needy!"
Lol, and I agree. It's needy. So it should feel a bit more rewarding, right?

sourlicorice5
09-15-13, 10:54 AM
Great suggestions :-) hopefully TL will listen.

bss18974
09-15-13, 09:16 PM
I think we need to be able to gift items besides mystery boxes. Perhaps common items like wheat, corn, milk and eggs can be sent to anyone. You could still send 3 mystery boxes. The way things are now, if a neighbor sends a gift, you can't reciprocate if you've sent your 3 gifts. We need a way to send a gift to those that sent us one even after we sent our 3.

I would also like a way to sell items to specific neighbors or make a trade a real trade not a money transaction. For instance, I'll trade you a brick for a paint can. Or two bricks for s hovel... Etc

Plus the way gifting is hidden needs improvement

jtm101
09-15-13, 10:12 PM
re #3

The planting system used to work better. In early versions of the game you could select the crop to plant then drag that crop over the plots you wanted it planted. In my opinion, it was far easier to manage and made more sense to use, with fewer taps and made for a more organised farming experience. The popup buttons down the bottom screaming for attention didnt exist either. It used to be your responsibility to check when crops or animals , a feature i miss too.

Re (4)

I never had an issue with getting coins in the game. If you want money, forget about doing deliveries. The best way is to get yourself hundreds of neighbours, then buy and sell goods in your market. Go shopping for bargains then re-sell at a price that people are willing to buy. If you work hard you will soon have hundreds of thousands of coins.

sweetypies97
09-16-13, 03:39 AM
I wish there was a like button. Great suggestions!

Anyuszko
09-16-13, 12:29 PM
Tips for TL: sure, we can sell and buy. But how about a "toss this!" feature? Like when we have too much of something and no slots to sell it but need room fast. Maybe we could toss it. Of course, a confirmation button would be needed. Don't wanna toss the wrong item because of quick fingers.

Well, there is one. Put something for sale in your shop. Right after it, you can clear that sale (you wont get back your item). It is like a toss-this feature. (You need to have one shop slot ready, so if your shop is full, you cant do this ofcourse.)

meme1098
09-16-13, 03:13 PM
:mad: Here's my pet peeve: I know I can discard them, but why do I keep getting orders to deliver items I don't even have the shop for. I'm on the level to buy it, but it will take me months to save up for the darn thing so quit sending me orders for some red scarf & a weird looking purple flower.
There I feel better now.;)

nan0165
09-16-13, 03:49 PM
Thanks Sunkalito for all that, I agree completely, also as far as the gift goes it really would be helpful if we could just see the gift we are sending .....I like my neighbors and only want to send them good gifts. Don't want them to be disappointed, when we can only send 3.
One positive thing is being able to put a "real" photo on your profile. Kinda nice to see the real person behind the player!

jtm101
09-16-13, 07:22 PM
:mad: Here's my pet peeve: I know I can discard them, but why do I keep getting orders to deliver items I don't even have the shop for. I'm on the level to buy it, but it will take me months to save up for the darn thing so quit sending me orders for some red scarf & a weird looking purple flower.
There I feel better now.;)

You would be better off selling your wool and buying scarfs and linen flowers from the shop. The studio is very expensive and you may never see a profit from buying it.

meme1098
09-16-13, 08:43 PM
Believe me, I've searched and searched for them and haven't found any yet.

sapphirecross
09-17-13, 01:21 AM
Agree - pics on photos GREAT.

Instant add nbr is also nice.

Gifting is bad. I'd like a SWAP feature - pic a nbr and PROPOSE a trade - like "I'll give you one expansion permit for an old map." Kind of go fish lol. You can prose maybe 3 trades per day. Otherwise the gifts are mostly random and useless - with so little storage that's prolly why they limited it to 3, but rarely is the gift useful.

sapphirecross
09-17-13, 01:27 AM
Would be nice if some deliveries were "special orders" - gold border or some way to distinguish, higher chance at an item or map, so would give something to work toward getting the items for the delivery. As it is, I go into game, delete most orders, collect what I have space for, then come back later, and delete orders again. Repeat. Pointless.

jtm101
09-17-13, 06:14 AM
You can already do that sort of a trade in your shop.

meme1098
09-17-13, 10:40 AM
Would be nice if some deliveries were "special orders" - gold border or some way to distinguish, higher chance at an item or map, so would give something to work toward getting the items for the delivery. As it is, I go into game, delete most orders, collect what I have space for, then come back later, and delete orders again. Repeat. Pointless.

Sounds exactly how I've been playing the last few weeks. It does seem pointless for sure. Already about to give up on this game. I've already passed the reward level, gem wise, so not much is keeping me interested right now anyway.

lolzillaz
09-17-13, 04:00 PM
I suggest they change fishing bait creation back to 5 minutes instead of the 90 minutes it is currently!

ghjvcucjb
09-17-13, 04:12 PM
I would like an animal purchase confirmation button OR make it only possible to purchase an animal from the store and not next to the feed button. Just bought a sheep I didn't need while feeding. WAS trying to save up for a bakery and now it's going to add days on to an already expensive purchase.

sapphirecross
09-18-13, 01:54 AM
You can already do that sort of a trade in your shop.

No, a trade not just buying and selling. Working together with other ppl to cut some of the hassle of the game.

So one person builds the chocolatier and another builds fryer then they link up as nbrs and trade a few items. Some ppl get tons of old maps and others expansion permits - they can swap and each get what they need.

Buying what you need is mostly waiting forever if someone somewhere sells it. Well, while you are waiting forever to luck out and check news after a new player puts paint for sale, you can at least network with nbrs to get orders filled more reliably. If no one sells what you need you can't buy it, or they sell for high and you go broke if you buy it.

sapphirecross
09-18-13, 02:04 AM
Sounds exactly how I've been playing the last few weeks. It does seem pointless for sure. Already about to give up on this game. I've already passed the reward level, gem wise, so not much is keeping me interested right now anyway.

I'm at 13, almost 14, not there yet and this game is making me want to delete all my TL games. I thought dragon was kind of an aberration that they just refuse to listen and do stuff to upset ppl constantly. I know they don't listen with confirm button type thing but overall they don't listen at all. Starting to seem weird to play their games and give them money, like one of those ppl who always puts you down and one day you wonder why am I friends with you? Lol

nan0165
09-18-13, 05:30 AM
If we are not able to get "trade" feature, then a least we need more pages in the newspaper and the turn over of adds needs to be faster. Alot of the time it will be almost sold out. In short I want my game to move faster.....get what I need and move on in the game. It take forever to get coins!

jtm101
09-18-13, 05:52 AM
No, a trade not just buying and selling. Working together with other ppl to cut some of the hassle of the game.

So one person builds the chocolatier and another builds fryer then they link up as nbrs and trade a few items. Some ppl get tons of old maps and others expansion permits - they can swap and each get what they need.

Buying what you need is mostly waiting forever if someone somewhere sells it. Well, while you are waiting forever to luck out and check news after a new player puts paint for sale, you can at least network with nbrs to get orders filled more reliably. If no one sells what you need you can't buy it, or they sell for high and you go broke if you buy it.

You just described what a trade is... Buying and selling required goods. My suggestion was actually to communicate with your nbr what you want and what they want, then trade. Trust me, i have done it a number of times, trading just about anything even parts and maps that way.