PDA

View Full Version : Arctic dragons earnings gone down?

Backf1ipper
09-13-13, 03:18 PM
Did anyone else notice any change to the abominable type dragon earnings? It seems to have gone down significantly? eg level 7 Icecrown earning down from 2963 to 569 flammable fur parts/hr.

Can't produce parts fast enough anymore if you are trying to speed up the fire mill.

Bovo71
09-13-13, 03:28 PM
Just seen your post and I checked my Arctic Isle and I can confirm my earning rate has dropped as well.
My Icecrown has the same as yours now. i.e. 568 parts/hr.

Not sure when this changed as I have not been breeding for at least a week now.

kwhales
09-13-13, 07:10 PM
What difference does it make when the habitat can only hold 12 flames, or 80 straw or 120 oil? The dragons earn way too much for any habitat and when you put three dragons in each, a few minutes and the habitat is full.

eye_of_the_world
09-13-13, 07:15 PM
What difference does it make when the habitat can only hold 12 flames, or 80 straw or 120 oil? The dragons earn way too much for any habitat and when you put three dragons in each, a few minutes and the habitat is full.

Exactly!

Backf1ipper
09-13-13, 10:45 PM
When you need 200+ flames to thaw an egg and are crafting 50 flames a click (and speeding with 1 gold per click), now you have to wait 5 times longer to collect enough flammable furs to craft.
This slows down the speed breeders and does not make sense if TL wants people to spend on gold. Unless they have something interesting coming up in the next days/weeks.

mrarfan
09-14-13, 12:27 AM

You're right! The arctic now looks like Farm Story 2 (which has a limit for resources) which is very annoying =_=

eye_of_the_world
09-14-13, 02:44 AM
When you need 200+ flames to thaw an egg and are crafting 50 flames a click (and speeding with 1 gold per click), now you have to wait 5 times longer to collect enough flammable furs to craft.
This slows down the speed breeders and does not make sense if TL wants people to spend on gold. Unless they have something interesting coming up in the next days/weeks.

That will teach those good for nothing speed breeders some patience :p

tuskmage
09-14-13, 02:56 AM

Yes! TL going to increase the gold to 10 gold per click. And you know they are working on it too ;) Is this the something interesting that you are looking for? :p

Backf1ipper
09-14-13, 09:54 AM
I can see why you might not be thrilled with the speed breeders. But, the point is why would TL slow down the speed breeders? TL wants them to spend on gold and wants more of them.

Could it be because the speed breeders easily see the pattern in the breeding results and especially in the Arctics with just a handful of possibility, it is just too easy to see.

That will teach those good for nothing speed breeders some patience :p

Backf1ipper
09-14-13, 10:00 AM
Yes, they could have increased the gold per click now without slowing down the earnings. And as for as I can see, earnings only went down for the Abominable type dragons. Why not the rest?

Can you do something more with flammable furs in the future? Or is this just enough to slow down the speed breeders?

Yes! TL going to increase the gold to 10 gold per click. And you know they are working on it too ;) Is this the something interesting that you are looking for? :p

eye_of_the_world
09-14-13, 04:34 PM
I can see why you might not be thrilled with the speed breeders. But, the point is why would TL slow down the speed breeders? TL wants them to spend on gold and wants more of them.

Could it be because the speed breeders easily see the pattern in the breeding results and especially in the Arctics with just a handful of possibility, it is just too easy to see.

Why won't I be thrilled with speed breeders? I don't care, it's their game and they can play it how they want to.

Do you think TL doesn't like that they get these dragons fast? Maybe.. But at the end of the day, they rely on speed breeders to buy gold, they increased flames because the ones who don't have patience will buy material.. No matter how much gold it costs.

Flames are excellent for the ones that don't speed breed! We can wait for the habitats to fill up, and even to craft and don't have to wait long hours to hatch an egg... Speed breeders can't, it's another obstacle that can be resolved with gold.

MediusSyberia
09-15-13, 12:19 AM
OP is right.

My lvl 10 Icecrown earnings have gone from 4,160 Flammable Furs an hour to only 800.

TL what's going on???

dw9893
09-15-13, 07:36 AM
OP is right.

My lvl 10 Icecrown earnings have gone from 4,160 Flammable Furs an hour to only 800.

TL what's going on???

I even posted this on another part of the forums.. its still OP even at 800... what good is 800 items an hour if the habitat can only hold 12/80/120?

Unless you're checking your habitats every 3 minutes to collect that is... in which case, you should be either outside playing with your friends or finding a JOB.

danni7788
09-15-13, 08:39 AM
I even posted this on another part of the forums.. its still OP even at 800... what good is 800 items an hour if the habitat can only hold 12/80/120?

Unless you're checking your habitats every 3 minutes to collect that is... in which case, you should be either outside playing with your friends or finding a JOB.

Aww come on, some people play only once a day but for a little while and continuously collect during that time. In that case, this does affect them somewhat, since the items won't be coming in as quickly.

eye_of_the_world
09-15-13, 08:05 PM

It only takes a few mins to get the material to craft.... Every 3 minutes to collect? Not sure if you're playing DS or not, can you please check?

sand
09-16-13, 05:38 AM
Oh, don't worry about Icecrown only earning a few hundred furs on your 80-fur habitat. Because now you have the amazing diamond-ice Icicle who brings in anywhere from 320 to 2560 oils per hour (5-42 per min) on the 12-oil habitat! So if you love all things speed, that one will keep your twitchy fingers endlessly tap-happy.

danni7788
09-16-13, 05:44 AM
Oh, don't worry about Icecrown only earning a few hundred furs on your 80-fur habitat. Because now you have the amazing diamond-ice Icicle who brings in anywhere from 320 to 2560 oils per hour (5-42 per min) on the 12-oil habitat! So if you love all things speed, that one will keep your twitchy fingers endlessly tap-happy.

Haha true. I lost interest in icicle after I realized there was no glitch to get it easily like icecrown. It's super pretty though!

eye_of_the_world
09-16-13, 05:48 AM
Haha true. I lost interest in icicle after I realized there was no glitch to get it easily like icecrown. It's super pretty though!

Lol I lost interest in them all! But I want to see them in game, on my neighbours islands

MediusSyberia
09-17-13, 09:23 AM

Maybe you should do the math for breeding before commenting?

Off memory it's about ~140 furs for 50 flames and costs an amazing 1 gold to speed up.

I have 2 ice crowns... one in each of the 2 habitats you can get for that type.

So before I was getting 4160 p/hr divided by 60 mins = 69 p/min * 2 habitats = ~138 p/min. So with ice crowns alone, between the 2 habitats I was collecting enough furs to speed-craft 50 flames a minute for 1 gold each.

Now I get 800 p/hr divided by 60 = ~13 p/min * 2 habitats = ~26 p/min. Then you do 140 / 26 = ~5mins to get enough fur to speed-craft 50 flames.

Considering trying to breed any Blizzard-type dragon is a minimum of 120+ flames (for me anyway), I need to craft 3 lots of 50 flames generally to hatch it. Before I could do that in 3 minutes. Now I have to wait 15 minutes to hatch it.

So whereas before I could hatch an egg at night before bed, put another one in and then spend 3 minutes in the morning to hatch it... I now have to either spend lots of gold or wait 15 minutes in the morning just to hatch it. Very annoying when you're in a rush to leave.

It will be even worse for the speed breeders... if you're using gold to speed-breed blizzards then getting furs to speed-craft is going to take you about 5 times longer (either that or you spend a crazy amount of gold to speed-hatch the egg).

So I don't know about you but me personally, I'd rather check my habitat every minute for 3 mins so I can hurry up and head off to work rather than sitting around checking my habitats every 5 mins for 15 mins just to hatch a dragon.

Anyway my main complaint is that we all bought a dragon for the stats of what it could give us... I don't think it's right for TL to change those stats now that people have already committed a lot of time and/or money to getting them.