PDA

View Full Version : Breeding vs. Boosted Breeding

delila_zhaa
09-12-13, 07:26 PM
I've hunted through the game guides and forums and I can't seem to find any mention of Boosted Breed. When I place 2 dragons in the breeding den, I get two buttons; one that says "breed 200 coins," and one that says "boosted breed 200,000 coins." What exactly does the boosted breed give that the regular breed doesn't?

eye_of_the_world
09-12-13, 07:48 PM
It is meant to give rare dragons, but because my boosted breed cost 12 gold I don't use it... But if it cost coins then I probably would so I don't know if it does give better dragons or not.

dracoonic
09-12-13, 07:55 PM
the only thing about boosted breeding for me is "I will not be tricked again"

MediusSyberia
09-12-13, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure exactly how the Boosted Breeding works but from my understanding all it does is increases the chance of you getting a rare or ultra-rare dragon but it doesn't guarantee it.

For example if the odds of getting an ultra-rare is say 0.5% (or 1 in 200 odds) every time you breed than by doing boosted breed it might double those odds to 1% (now a much better 1 in 100 chance of getting an ultra-rare but obviously still nowhere near guaranteed).

Now I don't know the exact odds when breeding or exactly how much boosted breed improves those odds but just be aware that while boosted breed should help you get an ultra-rare quicker, you may need to use many boosted breeds to get anything. In my case a boosted breed costs 500,000 coins each time so I don't bother with it since it's too expensive for me to do that everyday.

TinksThots
09-12-13, 10:35 PM
There was a thread a while back from someone who did ten boosted breeds and ten normal breeds to test it and got nothing special, but I can't find it anywhere. :\

jesskiee
09-13-13, 12:33 AM
That boosted breed thing doesnt do anything.. im more likely to get a common dragon. One island is 500k n the other is 12 gold. Not even bothering with the gold one n the 500k boosted breed I found is more likely to give me dragons I can buy with coins like fire air water.. I say it's useless but that's just my opinion :)

maguar
09-13-13, 02:18 AM
Please see this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?47721-Boosted-breed&highlight=Boosted) on boosted breeding.