PDA

View Full Version : Item Drop Rate too Low

CharlieCattus
08-22-13, 07:34 AM
I think the amount/appearance rate of the shovels need to increased A LOT. Right now I need 5 shovels to clear the land I have expanded. Only 5, I hear you say? I have needed those 5 shovels for 2+ weeks.

Shovels were hard enough to find before, but since the mine has been available they are non-existent. TL, have made it that there is a set amount of shovels in the game, eg only 100 shovels in play at any time? Or is just that the probability of an item being a shovel is about 0.01%?

The same can be said for paint, although I have managed to get a tin of paint from the fishpond, but even then, the rest of the items are far less rare and can be found in the occasional shop, unlike paint and shovels.

How about making it so that the item you get is one of the three least amounts you have so if a player has 8 saws, 7 maps, 5 pickaxes, 3 nails, 1 deed, 2 bricks and 1 screw, the delivery reward item would be either a deed, a brick or a screw.

Not only does the lack of one or two specific items make expanding or upgrading a slow and somewhat frustrating experience, all that stuff takes up valuable barn space. I have upgraded my barn several times, even buying gems to get the materials the I need, but to be honest, having spent money, and items being so rare I don't feel inclined to spend even more because I feel that I am being pushed into doing so.

Related to the space issue, why not have a "Tool Shed" building that stores the items used for upgrades and expanding. Would a farm really keep fresh produce and meat in the same place as paint? I think not.

Mylly2
08-23-13, 03:28 AM
Related to the space issue, why not have a "Tool Shed" building that stores the items used for upgrades and expanding. Would a farm really keep fresh produce and meat in the same place as paint? I think not.[/QUOTE]

This is a great idea CharlieCattus.

czl2608
08-23-13, 05:05 PM
I agree. The drop rate was good in the last few weeks after the new version released but now getting worse. I suspect the developers have modified drop rate. Another possible reason is, since pseudo-random number generation is flawed, drop rates for different items vary severely and sometimes (maybe a couple of weeks time) you can see some particular items very frequently and some not. We should make all stuff appearing evenly.

minidemon88
08-24-13, 01:28 AM
I hardly get any expansion item ever since the last updates. Did many deliveries but didn't receive any expansion item. Didn't they promise to increase the drop rate? But why it seem like the drop rate has decrease more. :(

Cafelover11
09-10-13, 05:03 AM
Hi Everyone.

I have a problem with deliveries. I am getting the XP and coins in return but almost never ( once in 10 deliveries) anything else- no paint, hammer, nothing to expand.....

I was trying to reinstall the game- didnt help

Anybody knows how to solve that problem

wassupbaby
09-10-13, 05:18 AM
you're not the only one :)

lopilondy
09-10-13, 06:29 AM
Yeah, if this doesn't get changed I will not be playing this game once I get my gems for Castle Story. Which is too bad - I was liking this game, but it's too frustrating to do delivery after delivery and not get any items, let alone the shovel that I've been looking for...

bowlfullofcherries
09-10-13, 06:49 AM
Check to make sure your barn isn't full or you won't receive whatever extra item the plane brings.

09-10-13, 07:00 AM
Not all deliveries will result in your getting a map or other parts.

dri22
09-10-13, 07:11 AM
I used to get a lot of items when I started the game, but as I leveled up, it became rare to receive items from deliveries.

Cafelover11
09-10-13, 07:18 AM
the same here- at the beginning I was getting something almost each time but now 10 deliveries and nothing. I liked the game but now its almost impossible to play. Thought it might be a bug.... :(

09-10-13, 07:22 AM
I just got the green map and paint from a school house delivery. Level 32, so it comes.

Right now I have about 30 of the yellow maps, 12 of the ones with the red ribbon and 12 of the green ones. It seems the green ones are the hardest to come by. I have about 22 on my other account. I wish it was more even! Id like to expand some more but will sit on them for when a new update comes that requires me to expand somewhere. I hate the waiting.

[S8] Regina
09-10-13, 10:47 AM
Not all deliveries are guaranteed to have Materials drop. Make sure you have enough Barn space to keep storing valuable Materials!

Thank you all for your feedback on our new game, we really appreciate it!

Cafelover11
09-10-13, 11:28 AM
I get that materials are not guaranteed drop but right now it looks like they are a rare drop - today I did send out around 12 deliveries and got 1 material. Thats not enough. It should be 1 in 3 or something like that.

journeysmom
09-10-13, 01:01 PM
Try to expand to one of the junk piles. The one I did, yielded shovels, nails, screws, axes and all sorts of stuff.

Look for these needed items at the 'news store' (?) sometime people will sell just what you want!

This is only my second day of playing, and I love the game.

yumitsukomi
09-10-13, 02:00 PM
Items too rare, too little gifting allowed. That all makes the game slow and frustrating!

rosewaterlily
09-10-13, 05:14 PM
the same here- at the beginning I was getting something almost each time but now 10 deliveries and nothing. I liked the game but now its almost impossible to play. Thought it might be a bug.... :(

Yep. In the beginning I had tons of drops of maps/permits/deeds, and today I did five deliveries and nothing but coins, and my barn has plenty of space. Yesterday I did like 40 deliveries and got like 3 bricks, one map, one can of paint, otherwise just coins. Starting to feel like the DS quests where I only ever get coins/lotus blossoms/food instead of required parts. Maybe TL trying to hook beginners with lots of bounty but once you level up to 10 or so, they want you to spend money on gems so no more free stuff.

Frosty_Wench
09-10-13, 08:24 PM
Likewise. Just when I thought I'd finally found another TL game worth playing besides Castle Story. Like others, I was getting a drop about 90% of the time until about level 10. Then it basically flipped overnight. 10% sounds about right. If it hasn't changed by the time I get to level 15, I'm done.

meme1098
09-10-13, 08:38 PM
I've notice the big drop off too. I don't think I'll be playing any further than level 15 either. I have plenty maps & deeds but haven't gotten any expansion certificates at all. Pretty disappointing since this coud have been a really great game.

Mylly2
09-10-13, 10:57 PM
I get that materials are not guaranteed drop but right now it looks like they are a rare drop - today I did send out around 12 deliveries and got 1 material. Thats not enough. It should be 1 in 3 or something like that.

I think we need a more balanced drop of materials too. I am struggling to get shovels, it's been quite awhile since I've received one.

nater38
09-11-13, 05:05 AM
I hardly get any expansion item ever since the last updates. Did many deliveries but didn't receive any expansion item. Didn't they promise to increase the drop rate? But why it seem like the drop rate has decrease more. :(

I agree!! At first (and I've only been playing 5 days), I would get drops - even from the butterflies. A friend of mine who plays this game as well gets all sorts of them. I got TWO. For the entire day yesterday.....TWO!!!!! She got at least 15+. Not exactly fair!

cookietyler
09-11-13, 07:52 AM
I think we need a more balanced drop of materials too. I am struggling to get shovels, it's been quite awhile since I've received one.

Same here, I've maybe sent out 10 deliveries today and I haven't had any materials drop and my barn isn't full either.

Thebeautifi
09-11-13, 09:00 AM
I'm having the same issue. I expanded my barn early on thinking that I'd need the space but once I hit level 10 or so drops became rare. I can't get pick axes, shovels, or axes to save my soul. I wanted to expand to a junk pile but I can't even get the permits I need. I understand that higher levels need a slower drop rate or the game ends too soon but level 10 is far too soon to do this. I'm stuck and since the game was just released there is little to be found in the newspaper because everyone needs their extras and can't sell them off. It would be nice if there was a Daily Deal in the newspaper or something that gave parts for low gem prices or high coin prices. It's a fun game but there is some frustration with this.

However, I did find out that if you tap on a butterfly on your farm you can get coins. I hear parts could drop but that hasn't happened for me yet.

debsbaked
09-11-13, 11:47 AM
Likewise. Just when I thought I'd finally found another TL game worth playing besides Castle Story. Like others, I was getting a drop about 90% of the time until about level 10. Then it basically flipped overnight. 10% sounds about right. If it hasn't changed by the time I get to level 15, I'm done.

This exactly.

igames4me
09-11-13, 11:51 AM
This game is slow it's all about luck

meme1098
09-11-13, 12:57 PM
I've gotten hammers & a screw from removing the ugly shrubs. I was lucky to find someone had a deed (I think that's what it was) for sale at the newsstand. I snatched it up right away. Don't think they knew they would become rare soon or maybe they were quitting already.

sunkalito
09-11-13, 01:11 PM
I've actually sold about 2 old maps. I got more old maps than expansion deeds or the other map-y things. Not very balanced...

Gardienn
09-12-13, 09:21 PM
I've gotten hammers & a screw from removing the ugly shrubs. I was lucky to find someone had a deed (I think that's what it was) for sale at the newsstand. I snatched it up right away. Don't think they knew they would become rare soon or maybe they were quitting already.

I'd love to remove the shrubs and trees, but I can't get shovels and axes to do it. :/

meme1098
09-13-13, 07:12 AM
Don't sell them, you will need them later when expansion require 6, 7, 8, or more of each. If I had 25 old maps, I might sell one, but not less than that.

meme1098
09-13-13, 07:14 AM
I don't have any shovels or saws now anymore either. So that's another rare item they want you to buy gems for. Not going there...never have...never will.

ascherb
09-13-13, 02:43 PM
I agree the drops are rare (level 17 now), and it gets boring quickly if you can't expand, or clear space due to lack of shovels and pick axes. Frustrating. Not sure about others, but lately I find I have to discard about 1/2 the ordered items, since I don't have the buildings, materials or tools to make the items asked for either... Up to level 10 things seemed a lot less frustrating. I too watch like a hawk when the maps are sold.... By anyone anywhere. Today I did get a paint can from a butterfly... But first time in 3 weeks of play....

sweetypies97
09-13-13, 02:59 PM
It would be great if materials were given more often. I'm really enjoying this game but the materials dropping so rarely is frustrating. My barn has plenty of space so that's not the problem.

journeysmom
09-13-13, 04:38 PM
Today I did get a paint can from a butterfly... But first time in 3 weeks of play....

wait, you can get stuff from the butterflies??? *running off to stab a butterfly or two!*

sourlicorice5
09-13-13, 08:36 PM

I might be joining you. As much as I like the game it's no fun if you can't get the materials for expanding or upgrading. I've made about 12-14 deliveries and have only gotten one map. It's like Dragon and the quest you send dragons on for food, coins and samurai parts. I only get food and coins so don't bother sending the dragons on quests anymore.

Ill give farm 2 until I go on my holiday to Canada. If I'm still hardly ever getting materials when I make deliveries then I most likely will leave the game.

sourlicorice5
09-13-13, 08:37 PM

Lol that could have been me when I just starting playing and didnt realize how rare they'd be. I've since stopped selling those and materials.

bowlfullofcherries
09-13-13, 11:50 PM
I noticed that the rate of advancement was pretty fast on this game and I've been pacing myself so as not to become overwhelmed. But even with that gradual progression I've run into the same trouble! I'm basically stalled for gameplay because I refuse to spend eight gems every time I need an axe, saw or shovel. How very frustrating. And I was so pleased to find a second TL game I enjoyed. Se la vie.

jennylaine77
09-14-13, 02:00 AM
My main issue with the game is I don't get anything anymore with the deliveries. I have never gotten a shovel, so I have no way of clearing things. Same goes for the saw and the pick axe. Expanding is also an issue. I have to cram everything into a tiny space. I know TL wants us to spend money buying this stuff, but its ridiculous you can only use the shovel, saw, pick axe once, then have to get another one to clear a spot. I like the game, but its becoming more frustrating than fun.

minidemon88
09-14-13, 04:09 AM
As you level up, the drop rate for the expansion or upgrading items get lesser and lesser. So imagine how those veteran players can't even get anything even if they've done tons of deliveries with no upgrading or expansion item in sight. =.="

Hopefully the train station rewards better rate. Or even better if TL can twist the drop rate to slightly better. :p We need more drop rate for shovel. These are the rareness of all!

sourlicorice5
09-14-13, 06:10 PM
I don't know how much longer ill last in this game. Can't clear the trees and rocks, can't upgrade, can't expand. Everything's crammed in. The game is getting boring very quickly. I'm still going to give it till October 9th but if still the same and can't expand, upgrade etc then I'm just going to quit.

ghjvcucjb
09-14-13, 08:12 PM
I don't know how much longer ill last in this game. Can't clear the trees and rocks, can't upgrade, can't expand. Everything's crammed in. The game is getting boring very quickly. I'm still going to give it till October 9th but if still the same and can't expand, upgrade etc then I'm just going to quit.

I've been playing for three days, level 16 and in the same boat. Haven't seen a shovel since level 7? A pick ax since level 4? My last expansion next to the beehive used up all my maps, permits, certificates just to find out I can't get to the beehive until level 30. And since I haven't seen a shovel or ax since my first day of play, I can't clear the land to use. Huge waste of supplies and land. And I can't upgrade any further without the other supplies like bricks, nails and the never seen screw or add slots. Hoping this start to drop soon.

sunkalito
09-15-13, 04:28 AM
My main issue with the game is I don't get anything anymore with the deliveries. I have never gotten a shovel, so I have no way of clearing things. Same goes for the saw and the pick axe. Expanding is also an issue. I have to cram everything into a tiny space. I know TL wants us to spend money buying this stuff, but its ridiculous you can only use the shovel, saw, pick axe once, then have to get another one to clear a spot. I like the game, but its becoming more frustrating than fun.
Same issue. I think i've been lucky enough to get like two saws form deliveries, but all they give me is wood. I wish i could get a shovel to clear that pile of rubbish that I expanded into, but no shovel so far.
Also, I get many more old maps and expansion permits than land deeds. Can never seem to find these. I have like 14 old mals and 9 expansion permits but no deeds, or just the one. So very frustrating. I've even sold some old maps from lack of space in the barn.

Which is ABSURD. Building items and expansion items should NEVER go into the barn!! They should be stored in the cellar!! This makes me SO frustrated. -.-

sourlicorice5
09-15-13, 04:57 AM
Same issue. I think i've been lucky enough to get like two saws form deliveries, but all they give me is wood. I wish i could get a shovel to clear that pile of rubbish that I expanded into, but no shovel so far.
Also, I get many more old maps and expansion permits than land deeds. Can never seem to find these. I have like 14 old mals and 9 expansion permits but no deeds, or just the one. So very frustrating. I've even sold some old maps from lack of space in the barn.

Which is ABSURD. Building items and expansion items should NEVER go into the barn!! They should be stored in the cellar!! This makes me SO frustrated. -.-

I so agree about building items being stored in cellar. Now can I not even expand, upgrade, I can't even make cheese, collect eggs etc cause my barns full which I can't upgrade to hold more stuff cause can't get building supplies. I really liked this game at the start but I'm quickly losing interest in it. I hope TL makes some changes in it soon to make it more playable.

sunkalito
09-15-13, 05:43 AM
I so agree about building items being stored in cellar. Now can I not even expand, upgrade, I can't even make cheese, collect eggs etc cause my barns full which I can't upgrade to hold more stuff cause can't get building supplies. I really liked this game at the start but I'm quickly losing interest in it. I hope TL makes some changes in it soon to make it more playable.
Exactly. It gets us stuck PRETTY fast.

310pnut
09-15-13, 05:48 AM

Agreed

sourlicorice5
09-15-13, 10:52 AM
Made some space in my barn by selling off items I didn't really want to sell :-( yeah I don't think ill be playing much longer.

mamareader02
09-15-13, 11:55 AM
I'm doing much better on deliveries after I read about the discard button on bottom left corner of delivery screen,and now I've gotten a slightly better rate of tools coming in

meme1098
09-15-13, 12:12 PM
I keep getting some weird purple flower thingy and I don't even have the studio shop yet. Be ause if the price, i eont have it any tine soon either. So I just discard those orders. Also, discard the ones requiring 2 items of something I don't even have 1 of like pies. Those delivery requests are always coming up so I discard an awful lot of orders during the day.

meme1098
09-15-13, 12:24 PM
Wow...wish I had an edit button.

dildano
09-15-13, 02:48 PM
I thought that the lack of material drops with deliveries was a "bug" on my game (roughly 20 deliveries at a time without a drop), but then I found this tread. What a pity, since this is the first game since Castle Story which I've really enjoyed (for four days) until it got ridiculously frustrating due to the lack of materials to expand after level 10. Hey TeamLava, you've done a great job with the concept of this game; however, please pull you head out of your a__ and adjust this short-coming. I seriously doubt that more than 5% of the people who pick up this game will continue to play it past the first few days if they continue to get frustrated by the lack of material drops. While the players can expect a "challenge" with the game, this is more of a slap in the face. As you can see from the posters on this thread, no one seems to enjoy this slap in the face.

sunkalito
09-15-13, 04:01 PM
I got a shovel from a delivery, and was about to clear yet another shrubbery when I remembered that pile of junk that was sitting in the right corner pf my farm. Dug it, and lo and behold - so much stuff! Yay!! Good thing i'd just sent a bunch of deliveries or my barn would be full @___@ with the stuff I already had and the extra ones I got, I managed to upgrade my barn and silo. Huzzah!
FINALLY some upgrades.

lolzillaz
09-16-13, 11:06 AM
Fishing gives you a chance for upgrade drops so once you expand to the pond it gets a little better. Minimal storage is intentional it makes people sell items in their shop at reasonable prices so they can clear space quickly. Its a great design in my opinion.

sapphirecross
09-17-13, 01:02 AM
In theory limited space to make ppl sell cheap is good, but not with everything going into barn.

I had 26 maps, 22 building parts, which is half my barn space. The only reason my barn is as big as it is, is because I expanded to junk pile b4 doing anything else cuz it was closest. Had no idea that was best place cuz of the parts. I also spent gems. If not for those 2 things I'd have no space at all.

I am one space from the pond now and I have no idea where I'll put the fish. Need a can of paint to expand barn and have only 6 gems left. I was able to buy the last old map I needed from news but no one ever has extra paint. I think it's stupid, though until level 10 I had really enjoyed the game. Not going to play past 15 if it stays this way. I don't mind buying gems for extra stuff, but for major gameplay issues, just to be able to play - not buying gems for that, it just ends up being a money trap.

minidemon88
09-17-13, 03:03 AM
@sapphirecross: The fish goes into the barn too. =x

09-17-13, 03:34 AM
I'm doing much better on deliveries after I read about the discard button on bottom left corner of delivery screen,and now I've gotten a slightly better rate of tools coming in

If you're selling something good for a high price and no ones buying, try to wait a couple days before discarding. Stormie will buy your leftover items. I'm too cheap to discard anything. I'd let those five fried potatoes sit there for days if need be! I just got rid of about 19 expansion maps to make money for my jelly maker. I do about 30-40 deliveries per day. It will get easier as time goes by.

vednir
09-17-13, 05:48 AM
I had yet to find a screw to expand my barn beyond 65 capacity by level 15. I managed to keep up by selling building supplies but could also not get enough old maps to get to the junkpile expansion. Since I came over from CS I'll go back there since the resource limits there are per item, not in total and are more reasonable. It's a pity since this game showed some promise beyond the usual prominent TL gem traps. But it's a game and if you want me to pay this close attention to inventory management I expect you to pay me for my time, not the other way atound.

potillo
09-17-13, 02:51 PM
I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one not getting any materials, but if it's supposed to be this difficult to progress then I don't see the point in continuing to play. It's been a few days since I've gotten any tools, and on the rare occasion that I get an expansion material, it's never the one I need. I have 9 of two of them and 1 of the other. And since I can't expand or clear the land I already have, I can't fit all the animals and craft buildings I'm supposed to have (forget upgrading their capacity). I'm basically treading water here, and it's really disappointing, I really wanted to like this. :(

mamareader02
09-17-13, 03:08 PM
If you're selling something good for a high price and no ones buying, try to wait a couple days before discarding. Stormie will buy your leftover items. I'm too cheap to discard anything. I'd let those five fried potatoes sit there for days if need be! I just got rid of about 19 expansion maps to make money for my jelly maker. I do about 30-40 deliveries per day. It will get easier as time goes by.

Lol,I meant I discard delivery orders ,not stuff in my shop,but thank you for the well meant advice:)

ghjvcucjb
09-17-13, 03:22 PM
I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one not getting any materials, but if it's supposed to be this difficult to progress then I don't see the point in continuing to play. It's been a few days since I've gotten any tools, and on the rare occasion that I get an expansion material, it's never the one I need. I have 9 of two of them and 1 of the other. And since I can't expand or clear the land I already have, I can't fit all the animals and craft buildings I'm supposed to have (forget upgrading their capacity). I'm basically treading water here, and it's really disappointing, I really wanted to like this. :(
It's even worse than this. Even if you do expand, it's full of bushes that need rare drop items to clear so you can use the land. My last three expansions remain unused as I seldom to never get shovels and picks for clearing. The bushes, trees, rocks should be cleared by money or at least make the tools available for purchase somewhere.

Clocky42
09-17-13, 04:11 PM
I'm not seeing the point in continuing to play either. I quit Dragon Story when it became too ridiculously luck based, and this game seems to be going the same way.

I get that they don't want players expanding too fast, but this is just ridiculous. Right now I'm getting a drop every 1 in 10 to every 1 in 20, and only about half of those are for expansion items. Right now I need anywhere between 9 expansion items (3 of each) to 27 expansion items (9 of each) to expand. Most of mine require 6 to 7 of each (18 and 21 respectively). Assuming I get a drop every 1 in 15 and half of those are for expansion items, (which is way higher than some of you seem to be getting), I have to make 540 deliveries before I can get my next expansion. Also, these deliveries are all requiring things like sugar, milk chocolate, apples, etc, which are things that take a long time to get. I can usually only make 5 to 10 deliveries a day if I'm playing a lot, which means I get to expand about once every 8 weeks. Needless to say, I'm not going to wait around long enough for that to happen.

And developers, feel free to tell me if my math is way off. You guys have the actual drop rates, and I only have what I've observed over the course of the last few days. I'd just hate to see a game with so much potential get ruined by one really poor drop mechanic.

meme1098
09-17-13, 04:35 PM
I haven't kept track of how many deliveries I've made the last few days but it has to be over 20 and I haven't gotten any parts, tools or expansion items at all in that time. I've bought several old maps & deeds over the past few days but just like ghjvcucjb said expanding doesn't mean you can even use that new land unless you have tools to clear it, such as shovels, picks or saws. The game is pretty much come to a slow crawl for me so it's just a matter of time in the next few days when I delete the game. When I make that decision, my farm will be having a huge garage sale, so stay tuned. HaHa

*Please don't send me an invite, since I'm not adding any new nbrs at this time.

lolzillaz
09-17-13, 05:42 PM
Fishing gives you a chance for upgrade drops so once you expand to the pond it gets a little better.

I guess this teaches us not to post strategy on this forum since it will be used against us.

sourlicorice5
09-18-13, 08:12 AM
Im just playing till level 15 to complete the goal in the other games to reach it. Once i do ill also be having a huge garage sale lol then quitting the game. Its become boring not being able to expand/upgrade etc. im not going to have any room for any new buildings, animals etc since i cant clear the land ive expanded or expand anymore.

mamareader02
09-18-13, 08:30 AM
So sad they destroyed a potential hit,I don't think TL understands fully what they've done

ghjvcucjb
09-18-13, 11:17 AM
Its been days since I've seen a shovel, ax, or a saw. I can't clear any of the expansions for use. I have the following suggestion: 1. Increase drop rates 2. At least for a day or so after a person expands 3. Make the bushes, trees, rocks clearable with cash 4. Make the tools purchasable in the store or 5. Make a reliable source for obtaining the tools at all levels.

sourlicorice5
09-18-13, 03:51 PM
So sad they destroyed a potential hit,I don't think TL understands fully what they've done

I know. I loved the game when imfirst started but now its just boring cause cant do anything but the same thing each day.

09-18-13, 04:32 PM
I know. I loved the game when imfirst started but now its just boring cause cant do anything but the same thing each day.

I wish I could do the same things each day. I go to the game, look around, give the pond a blank stare, see what's at the stand and leave. Almost all of my deliveries include some type of item that needs fish or bait. I've already tossed more than 20 today and the rest are asking for jewelry items. Don't get me started on the mine and how hard it is to find things.

Oliver118
09-18-13, 11:18 PM

Wow, that's rare!

meme1098
09-19-13, 07:02 AM
It's only been a few hours since I've been up this morning and for the 2nd time, I've had to discard all my orders for deliveries. This is really getting frustrating when the game comes to a near standstill.

mamareader02
09-19-13, 07:59 AM
It's only been a few hours since I've been up this morning and for the 2nd time, I've had to discard all my orders for deliveries. This is really getting frustrating when the game comes to a near standstill.

Yup,I discard all but 2 deliveries constantly,they've really halted any progress or FUN with this game,does TL WANT this game to fail,very confused on such a nitwit decision

09-19-13, 09:09 AM
I still need 12,000 for the jelly maker. Everything again today needs fish, fish and more fish products! 6 deliveries at one time needed catfish sandwiches. I went to sleep making three fish baits and one regular bait. I wake up and three are finished but they quickly went to fulfilling orders I left there last night. I've been left with selling off some of my saved stock of maps and take forever to make white pizzas, just to make money.

Put the game back where it was! Now I'm having to wait until much later this evening to send out orders needing sandwiches.

mamareader02
09-19-13, 09:43 AM
And from what I've read you need for train deliveries ?guess my station will always be dilapidated cause there's no way to fill the fish orders now,most of us are now at a standstill with regular orders,never mind the massive amounts needed for train!HEY TL EMPLOYEE LOOKING AT THIS THREAD-PLEASE HELP!!!THANK YOU!

lolzillaz
09-19-13, 12:36 PM
Leveling, expanding to the mine and herb garden only seems to compound the discarding 90% of the deliveries problem. I spend most of my play time waiting for a delivery I can fill so I browse the newspaper, neighbors and community so much my 185 barn is overflowing. Then I'm forced to sell what I just bought, sigh... The delivery system needs adjusting, unless this frustrating play is intended. In that case good job in building a game that has a possibility of being fun but instead pisses everybody off intentionally.

ghjvcucjb
09-19-13, 12:48 PM
I can't a shovel to save my life.

nbella1414
09-19-13, 05:49 PM
I can't remember the last time I received a shovel or ax. I bought one in the newspaper. But it was only ONE when I need many. It seems next to impossible to get them an I don't understand why. I agree that they should be available for purchase at the very least.

nbella1414
09-19-13, 06:04 PM
I have to discard my deliveries constantly because they're full if items I can't even produce. And it's just getting worse. It took me 3 days to save up enough to buy the studio. I never get any materials either when I AM actually able to send a delivery. It not even fun when you're just hoping and praying for ONE shovel/ax/permit to drop over a 3 day period... Expansions are pointless if you are never able to clear the land.

It's sad. I really thought I was gonna like this game. The odds are just way to low to deal with. :/

Buggi79
09-21-13, 11:35 AM
I have this exact problem with the game, add to that frustration nails and screws. I really, really want to like this game, but something must be done to make it fun.

In the last two days I've sent many deliveries, an less than half of those gave me something other than coins and XP, mostly things I don't need. Haven't seen a shovel, pickaxe or saw in over a week.

llamafarms
09-22-13, 03:23 PM
I can't remember the last to e I got anything from a delivery. No tools, no permits, nothing!!!! And yes, I have room in my barn....

pipipooh1977
09-22-13, 04:32 PM
Me too....barn has plenty of room but I'm not getting anything from deliveries! Very aggravating! :mad:

srg70
09-23-13, 11:42 AM
I play this game for way too many hours!!! Over the weekend I played a lot. I'm on level 23 and love the game however, to clear room to make room for items I need 10 shovels!!! I've not had a single one in the last 4 days of playing. I have sent out loads of order, upgraded my barn and silo, expanded etc, but NO shovels. I've had picks and saws, but NO shovels.

Where are all the shovels!

I've been playing for about 2-3 weeks and have only had 3 in that whole time.

Is there anything I can do to increase getting a shovel? I never see them for sale.

Any ideas?

luke1100
09-23-13, 12:10 PM
I play this game for way too many hours!!! Over the weekend I played a lot. I'm on level 23 and love the game however, to clear room to make room for items I need 10 shovels!!! I've not had a single one in the last 4 days of playing. I have sent out loads of order, upgraded my barn and silo, expanded etc, but NO shovels. I've had picks and saws, but NO shovels.

Is there anything I can do to increase getting a shovel? I never see them for sale.

Any ideas?

I'm on level 13 and think I've only had 2/3 shovels, picks, saws in weeks........this game is sooooo boring and slow its untrue......only reason I'm playing is to get my reward in CS.....roll on level 15. Mind u, at this rate it'll take me til Xmas

lolzillaz
09-23-13, 01:59 PM
I'm on level 13 and think I've only had 2/3 shovels, picks, saws in weeks........this game is sooooo boring and slow its untrue......only reason I'm playing is to get my reward in CS.....roll on level 15. Mind u, at this rate it'll take me til Xmas

if experience is all you are looking for, use all your farm plots to harvest wheat then sell it in the store and discard it, repeat.

jhevel
09-25-13, 11:51 AM

Any ideas?

This is exactly my experience. I have found only 3 shovels the entire time playing. I have completed around 500 deliveries, and I currently need 11 shovels to clear land. The shovel drop rate needs to be increased drastically.

ghjvcucjb
09-25-13, 12:20 PM
this is exactly my experience. I have found only 3 shovels the entire time playing. I have completed around 500 deliveries, and i currently need 11 shovels to clear land. The shovel drop rate needs to be increased drastically.

ita!!!!!!!!

JerseyGirl068
09-25-13, 06:50 PM
I NEED SHOVELS TOO!!! This game is starting to grate on my nerves. I refuse to spend 8 gems on 1 shovel. And I'm not even gonna start about screws & axes... TL you really need to fix this! Start giving out materials cause I'm getting bored fast & am gonna give up on this ridiculous game. At first it was addicting now it's just frustrating!

ginerp
09-25-13, 07:16 PM
Add me to the "drop more shovels or it is not worth playing" bench. It's ridiculous!

ghjvcucjb
09-25-13, 07:26 PM
PLEASE, more shovels and screws!!! And if you are in a really really generous mood TL, nails and axes!!!!!!

meme1098
09-26-13, 06:26 AM
I can't do anything anymore. No tools to clear expansions already done, no use expanding to train, mine, etc according to those threads. Going out if business. Big barn sale going on now. Everything at bargain basement prices.

minidemon88
09-26-13, 09:06 AM
I can't do anything anymore. No tools to clear expansions already done, no use expanding to train, mine, etc according to those threads. Going out if business. Big barn sale going on now. Everything at bargain basement prices.

Yes. Really no point expanding to the train/mine. You need tons of pickaxe/shovel in order to get a pathetic amount of items back and the chances is so slim. You also risk losing your pickaxe/shovel more than gaining anything back. As for the train, unless you've a big barn/silo I'd advise you not to get it. It's just madness order!

Thebeautifi
09-26-13, 12:58 PM
My frustration level is getting pretty high. I've now played 18 days and have seen such little progress. I don't expect to be able to fully expand everywhere in such a short amount of time. However, I do expect to be able to clear the land I HAVE expanded to in my 18 days. I have completed 580 deliveries and I've gotten 1 shovel...... ONE! I managed to expand to a junk pile using most of my gems thinking that I would finally get enough clearing supplies but it required me to use a shovel to even clear the junk pile. I used 8 of my last 10 or 11 gems because no shovels ever drop to clear it. How many shovels did I get? ONE :mad: This is ridiculous. I really want to enjoy this because I'm a big fan of [] but the drop rate for essential items (i.e. Shovels/Screws/Nails) is outrageous. I'm going to keep playing out of sheer stubbornness but I wish that TL get a clue and improve this issue.

llamafarms
09-26-13, 03:06 PM
Add me to the need shovels list. Sigh. :mad:

AlexanderRex
09-28-13, 06:29 AM
Ditto on shovels! See axes for sale but don't need so many bricks!

fabricam
09-28-13, 09:47 AM
Shovel is ultra fantastic rare item. :mad:
My only hope is stomie shop. sell to rare item sometimes.

sourlicorice5
09-28-13, 10:17 AM
i dont even know why I am giving it another go. Ive lowered my expectations of the game. Im never gonna clear the land that i have expanded. Basically playing to gift my nbrs and help them out. Not putting much effort into the game now. Speaking of game it may be time to rate it. Have to say it wont be a good rating. bakery, Restaurant, Fashion and Farm 1 are definetly my favourites. Wish TL would come out with more games like the oldies. The newer ones are always seeming to need major improvement and never getting them.

nbella1414
09-29-13, 01:06 AM
I've been playing 19 days and after the first day(when I got several shovels/axes), I have gotten 3 shovels. Nothing else. 1100 deliveries. It makes no sense. At least sell the darned things if you're gonna make it so hard. The odds seem about equal to winning the lottery.

nbella1414
09-29-13, 01:10 AM
Actually it's 21 days and 3 shovels. Lmao.

toto421
10-01-13, 03:35 AM
Waht is your drop rate estimate? more or less than 1/3? sometimes you get nothing more than coins for 10 deliveries and then two or three items in a row...

mymummy789
10-01-13, 03:55 AM
definitely less than 1 in 3. I haven't had anything but money for the last 2/3 days. And yes, there is plenty of room in my barn :(
I need 9 of each of the building forms for my next expansion and have been stuck with just 5 Land Deeds (and I have bought 2 of those from the shop). I don't mind using gems to get the odd one or two, but I am not paying nearly 300 gems for the privilege :(

kudukuda
10-01-13, 04:43 AM
In my opoinion, shovels are a myth. I got maybe three in the lower levels, and was lucky enough to use one on the junk pile. But other than that thet dont exist. Oh, and land deeds are so rare that Im begining to wonder if i will ever expand again. As for butterflies, when they appear every other day, i only get coins, never anything else.....
So so so frustrating!!!

sanya87
10-01-13, 06:55 AM
agree about the shovels and i dont understand why they are so rare? there should be the same drop rate for all the tools. anyway its not like we get a lot of them in the first place. i dont seem to get the paint easily too. for land deeds i dont seem to have a problem, i get them the most from plane and now train delieveries but on the other hand green maps for me are hard to come up with.

nbella1414
10-01-13, 03:05 PM
I've never gotten an ax. I bought one once but thats it.

And I have multiples of every darned butterfly but I never get the last one. Idk if its black or white but I feel like its not coming.

kooky panda
10-01-13, 07:21 PM
I've never gotten an ax. I bought one once but thats it.

And I have multiples of every darned butterfly but I never get the last one. Idk if its black or white but I feel like its not coming.

I do not think there is an option to buy tools.

I am waiting on the yellow butterfly!

ghjvcucjb
10-01-13, 08:20 PM
I think she meant she bought one from the newspaper or someone's store. That's the only way I get them too.

nbella1414
10-02-13, 01:07 AM
I think she meant she bought one from the newspaper or someone's store. That's the only way I get them too.

Yes that's what I meant. If they were available for purchase no one would be complaining that they're so impossible to obtain. ;)

sanya87
10-02-13, 07:48 AM

Yellow :eek. I've got like 15 of those! I am always waiting the blue one though. First two times when i completed the collection i got gems and now two last times only coins :( i wonder if its that all we can get, there is no chance for the precious shovels?

pipipooh1977
10-02-13, 08:46 AM
Yellow :eek. I've got like 15 of those! I am always waiting the blue one though. First two times when i completed the collection i got gems and now two last times only coins :( i wonder if its that all we can get, there is no chance for the precious shovels?

Yes!!!!!! We should get expansion & land clearing tools when we turn in the butterfly collection! Not just coins or gems! I turned in the butterfly collection 3 times now, the first time I got the butterfly topiary, the second time I got 2 gems, and the third time I got 1 gem. But I would really appreciate a shovel, screw, nail, maps & deeds! Those are the hardest for me to get or find! :(

AlexanderRex
10-02-13, 09:01 AM
Bought a shovel from stormie and am too afraid to use it - first one in days/weeks... Might have it bronzed:)

kooky panda
10-02-13, 10:24 AM
Bought a shovel from stormie and am too afraid to use it - first one in days/weeks... Might have it bronzed:)
I never use my last shovel. I always keep one for emergencies. You will need a shovel when expanding to a junk pile to get all the extra tools from it!

sanya87
10-02-13, 01:16 PM

Me too i got one from stormie today! And second one from delivery, i couldnt believe :O

nbella1414
10-02-13, 01:33 PM
It's been over a week since I got a shovel. It seems like every 8 or 9 days I've gotten one. So I'm ready... Shovel or ax any time now!!!

maj1977
10-05-13, 07:29 AM

I have bought tools. You click on what you want to remove. The tool you need pops up. If it says zero- click on it and it takes you to a screen where you can buy it. For gems of course.

freesiawoods
10-06-13, 06:48 AM
Once you expand to the mine you will start getting pick axes and shovels with deliveries. Not a lot of course, but enough to slowly clear your land and also use in the mine. Before that I simply placed my buildings around the rocks and grass patches, not a huge problem even if unsightly.

kooky panda
10-06-13, 07:08 AM
I have bought tools. You click on what you want to remove. The tool you need pops up. If it says zero- click on it and it takes you to a screen where you can buy it. For gems of course.

OH wow, I never even thought of doing this. Thanks for the tip!

ginerp
10-06-13, 07:50 PM
Once you expand to the mine you will start getting pick axes and shovels with deliveries. Not a lot of course, but enough to slowly clear your land and also use in the mine. Before that I simply placed my buildings around the rocks and grass patches, not a huge problem even if unsightly.

So the key is to get to the mine? I had started to think that after level 15 or so, shovels are not dropped anymore, you're forced to spend gems on them. I only believe that it's possible to get a shovel from a delivery because of this thread. Not sure it's worth it though, they have the math so off and apparently don't care if their game is actually playable.

kudukuda
10-08-13, 03:51 AM
I need 16 shovels. And I am no where neer the second junk pile. Not even thinking of going there....

mymummy789
10-08-13, 04:20 AM
It is a shame you can't request things from neighbours (like other TL games). I wouldn't mind if I had to collect 20 "something's" to exchange for one tool/permit etc. It wouldn't be so demoralizing if you knew you were going to get the thing you wanted in a couple of days or so, rather than wishing on a star for a random drop (and hoping you've emptied the barn when you finally see it fluttering out of the plane!!).

olcastle
10-08-13, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't mind if I had to collect 20 "something's" to exchange for one tool/permit etc. It wouldn't be so demoralizing if you knew you were going to get the thing you wanted in a couple of days or so, rather than wishing on a star for a random drop (and hoping you've emptied the barn when you finally see it fluttering out of the plane!!).

Actually you can do exactly like this with the forge and you will need just 2 or 4 items and just 8 hours :)

Buggi79
10-09-13, 10:22 PM
Buying tools should be like 2 gems. 8 is far too many for one tool. I haven't had a tool drop from a delivery in about 3 weeks. I send 15-20 deliveries a day.

sanya87
10-10-13, 12:41 AM
Try to check more often stormie's shop too, i've bought two shovels from him in less then 2 weeks! Sometimes he sells a permit, pickaxe, screw or a nail also :)

pipipooh1977
10-10-13, 01:41 PM
I'm having a real issue with this whole shovel thing....I can't seem to get ANY, not by deliveries, and Stormie stopped selling ANYTHING useful the last 2 weeks, all he sells is junk! It's really getting so aggravating. I refuse to buy gems for this game! I need more than 10 shovels!
I get shovels regularly, not daily but at least once a week from him! But this game....noooooooo.....can't get 1.....week after week! Grrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad:

kooky panda
10-10-13, 02:49 PM
Once I expanded to the mine, I started getting picaxles and shovels. Shovels are still rare, but I will get a couple a week .

pipipooh1977
10-10-13, 02:51 PM
Once I expanded to the mine, I started getting picaxles and shovels. Shovels are still rare, but I will get a couple a week .

Gosh, I hope so! I am in desperate need of them! :(

pipipooh1977
10-10-13, 02:53 PM
I'm having a real issue with this whole shovel thing....I can't seem to get ANY, not by deliveries, and Stormie stopped selling ANYTHING useful the last 2 weeks, all he sells is junk! It's really getting so aggravating. I refuse to buy gems for this game! I need more than 10 shovels!
I get shovels regularly, not daily but at least once a week from him! But this game....noooooooo.....can't get 1.....week after week! Grrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad:

Ummm, now my comment makes no sense......
You can delete everything after the sentence "I need more than 10 shovels!" But keep the mad faces.....:rolleyes:

sunkalito
10-13-13, 07:58 AM
I almost cried this morning... I didn't notice my barn was full, and i finally got an old map from a delivery but...obviously it did not add to my old map count. :( this sucks. I haven't gotten cans of paint in WEEKS. WEEEEEEKKKKSSS!!!!!

nbella1414
10-14-13, 11:52 AM
So my barn is currently stocked with an abundance of old maps and expansion permits. I only need ONE land deed so I can complete an expansion. But all I get are old maps!!!! I need someone to trade one with me!!! I have no room in my barn!!!! Waaaaaaaaa!!!!!

nbella1414
10-14-13, 11:53 AM
PS I got an axe yesterday just for loading an item into the train. I was like WOAH!!

nbella1414
10-14-13, 12:20 PM
So my barn is currently stocked with an abundance of old maps and expansion permits. I only need ONE land deed so I can complete an expansion. But all I get are old maps!!!! I need someone to trade one with me!!! I have no room in my barn!!!! Waaaaaaaaa!!!!!

This was seriously the quickest response time ever. I've been waiting for days to get one deed an a soon as I posted that I looked in the newspaper and voila, a deed for sale!! Yay!

leanel14
10-15-13, 11:26 PM
It's hard to get a tools in all deliveries.. I gues it's a gem trap. Wew

sweetspot81
10-17-13, 09:39 AM
Ok, so I guess if the drop rate really is this low, & the gem cost for these items is (in my mind) so high... I'm DONE! I have been waiting for the parts kneed for way too long, & need too many to consider spending real world money to buy gems so I can buy them. This is a TERRIBLE gem sink! Bye!

Erutuf
10-17-13, 08:07 PM
Try to expand to one of the junk piles. The one I did, yielded shovels, nails, screws, axes and all sorts of stuff.

Look for these needed items at the 'news store' (?) sometime people will sell just what you want!

This is only my second day of playing, and I love the game.

The game is fun for a few weeks. Junk piles are great. You will reach the frustration level soon - unless you want to spent at least $$$$ per week.

Erutuf
10-17-13, 08:09 PM
I think the amount/appearance rate of the shovels need to increased A LOT. Right now I need 5 shovels to clear the land I have expanded. Only 5, I hear you say? I have needed those 5 shovels for 2+ weeks.

Shovels were hard enough to find before, but since the mine has been available they are non-existent. TL, have made it that there is a set amount of shovels in the game, eg only 100 shovels in play at any time? Or is just that the probability of an item being a shovel is about 0.01%?

The same can be said for paint, although I have managed to get a tin of paint from the fishpond, but even then, the rest of the items are far less rare and can be found in the occasional shop, unlike paint and shovels.

How about making it so that the item you get is one of the three least amounts you have so if a player has 8 saws, 7 maps, 5 pickaxes, 3 nails, 1 deed, 2 bricks and 1 screw, the delivery reward item would be either a deed, a brick or a screw.

Not only does the lack of one or two specific items make expanding or upgrading a slow and somewhat frustrating experience, all that stuff takes up valuable barn space. I have upgraded my barn several times, even buying gems to get the materials the I need, but to be honest, having spent money, and items being so rare I don't feel inclined to spend even more because I feel that I am being pushed into doing so.

Related to the space issue, why not have a "Tool Shed" building that stores the items used for upgrades and expanding. Would a farm really keep fresh produce and meat in the same place as paint? I think not.

Well said. Also - it would be great to request these parts/materials from neighbors.

Erutuf
10-17-13, 08:10 PM
Ok, so I guess if the drop rate really is this low, & the gem cost for these items is (in my mind) so high... I'm DONE! I have been waiting for the parts kneed for way too long, & need too many to consider spending real world money to buy gems so I can buy them. This is a TERRIBLE gem sink! Bye!

Agree!

Erutuf
10-17-13, 08:13 PM
Gosh, I hope so! I am in desperate need of them! :(

I don't have the inclination to stick with this ridiculous game to expand to the mine. By my calculations based on current supply of necessary material it will take more than 6 months.

Erutuf
10-17-13, 08:14 PM
So the key is to get to the mine? I had started to think that after level 15 or so, shovels are not dropped anymore, you're forced to spend gems on them. I only believe that it's possible to get a shovel from a delivery because of this thread. Not sure it's worth it though, they have the math so off and apparently don't care if their game is actually playable.

Agree.

Erutuf
10-17-13, 08:16 PM
Yes!!!!!! We should get expansion & land clearing tools when we turn in the butterfly collection! Not just coins or gems! I turned in the butterfly collection 3 times now, the first time I got the butterfly topiary, the second time I got 2 gems, and the third time I got 1 gem. But I would really appreciate a shovel, screw, nail, maps & deeds! Those are the hardest for me to get or find! :(

Gems would be ok - IF there were enough provided to purchase the items. Most items are 8 gems for one.

nbella1414
10-19-13, 02:38 PM
So are we saying that shovels have pretty much been discontinued unless you expand to the mine or buy them with gems? I haven't gotten a shovel in weeks no matter how many deliveries I send. It is crazy. I would gladly expand to the darned mine if I could EVER get enough permits etc. to do so but it is a little ridiculous how loooooong it takes to accumulate anything. If you stay on the game non stop all day long you will still not have enough tools to complete anything. Grr. I like this game but I'm really getting tired of the impossibility of it.

leanel14
10-21-13, 06:09 AM
Tools is a gem trap Wew game crash all the time, not good

cityfan
10-21-13, 10:11 AM
So are we saying that shovels have pretty much been discontinued unless you expand to the mine or buy them with gems? I haven't gotten a shovel in weeks no matter how many deliveries I send. It is crazy. I would gladly expand to the darned mine if I could EVER get enough permits etc. to do so but it is a little ridiculous how loooooong it takes to accumulate anything. If you stay on the game non stop all day long you will still not have enough tools to complete anything. Grr. I like this game but I'm really getting tired of the impossibility of it.

Have we heard officially on the shovels?mi have been waiting for couple weeks now without a single one.

ghjvcucjb
10-21-13, 12:14 PM
I've had 3 shovels drop from plane deliveries in the past few days. Prior to that it had been weeks since I saw a shovel outside of the few that one of my wonderful neighbors sold to me.

ginrae22
10-22-13, 03:40 PM
does anyone know how to get a screw? I know when you use the pick axe you get something like a brick and from a tree when you use the saw you get a plank...so I think one of those choices equals a screw? I have no idea... ugh.

ginerp
10-22-13, 04:10 PM
I've had 3 shovels drop from plane deliveries in the past few days. Prior to that it had been weeks since I saw a shovel outside of the few that one of my wonderful neighbors sold to me.
Are you past level 15?

crystalrayn3
10-22-13, 09:29 PM
does anyone know how to get a screw? I know when you use the pick axe you get something like a brick and from a tree when you use the saw you get a plank...so I think one of those choices equals a screw? I have no idea... ugh.

I find I get more screws by collecting from plane deliveries than from any other action. Every now & then I'll get a screw from the Fishing Pond or by collecting from my 2 cats. It's pretty random though.

ghjvcucjb
10-23-13, 02:30 AM
Are you past level 15?

Yes, hit level 30 about 5 minutes ago! That took forever.

Why?

saslancan
10-23-13, 03:50 AM
i need old maps, but i cant get them from deliveries :(

sweetypies97
10-23-13, 12:35 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble getting old maps too. I've had to increase my barn capacity 3 times to store all of my deeds (I'm really reluctant to sell them) while I wait for old maps. I've bought a few from the newspaper, but they're rare.

diehardpat
10-24-13, 08:16 AM
Has any of the moderators addressed the issue of the low drop rate yet, I'm seriously getting ready to quit this game, I've been waiting weeks for land deeds to expand my farm, to date I have spent well over ?50 in this game, but no more not another cent. Also we should be able to select our gift to send to neighbours, all I ever get is coin or milk, TL Do something before everyone leaves

pipipooh1977
10-24-13, 08:57 AM
There is an update in the App Store for FS2 that's "suppose" to increase drop rates from deliveries...but so far I see no improvements in drop rates. I am constantly sending plane orders off and use my shop only to sell crops, but I still rarely get very much needed parts from my deliveries. Seems the same to me....and Stormie NEVER sells me ANYTHING useful....I can plant my own crops Stormie....I don't need wheat, corn or pet food....I DONT HAVE A PET!!!!!! I can also make my own bait....good grief...sell something NEEDED not garbage!

And we need to get items from collecting from the livestock....not just Xp....let us get these much needed items...I'M NOT buying a horribly expensive pet so I can "possibly" increase my chances of getting an item I need. Those pets are stupidly gem priced and coined priced....crazy ridiculous! NO THANKS!!!!!

More things need to be fixed TL.....make it happen!

igames4me
10-24-13, 09:00 AM
Yes I just bought 4 hammers from newspaper

nbella1414
10-24-13, 08:24 PM
I have received 6 axes, 4 shovels, several of all expansion items from deliveries today. It's been such a refreshing change and made me want to keep playing. Then I just noticed that the new update says drops will be increased. So I wonder if it will be even more after the update? Either way its great. Finally! Thanks TL!!

pipipooh1977
10-24-13, 08:29 PM
I have received 6 axes, 4 shovels, several of all expansion items from deliveries today. It's been such a refreshing change and made me want to keep playing. Then I just noticed that the new update says drops will be increased. So I wonder if it will be even more after the update? Either way its great. Finally! Thanks TL!!

What??? I haven't received even 1/2 that amount! And I desperately need shovels & maps!!!! Not even one of those today, I only got maybe 4 items and those were things I had enough of!! And I even updated the app that was supposed to bring me more items......VERY FRUSTRATING TL!!!!!!:mad:

nbella1414
10-24-13, 08:33 PM
What??? I haven't received even 1/2 that amount! And I desperately need shovels & maps!!!! Not even one of those today, I only got maybe 4 items and those were things I had enough of!! And I even updated the app that was supposed to bring me more items......VERY FRUSTRATING TL!!!!!!:mad:

I know. I've been in a state of disbelief all day over it and yet it continues. I got 3 axes from back to back orders!! I also noticed that I'm getting WAY more deliveries instead of having to discard everything.

queentina3
10-25-13, 05:48 AM

Very lucky as I've still received only 1 item from over 30 deliveries in the past 2 days. I did finally get the green butterfly for my top row and am now trying to get the white for my bottom row but I have yet to see another butterfly since yesterday afternoon. NO butterflies in over 16 hours and I refuse to pay gems to buy an item that doesn't guarantee I'll see more or even get a butterfly instead of coins when they do show up.

crystalrayn3
10-26-13, 10:20 PM
I've notice an increase in the drop rate of rare items collected from my Cats. I'm actually collecting Gems & Parts on a daily basis now. Thx TL 😊

kooky panda
10-27-13, 02:59 PM
I've notice an increase in the drop rate of rare items collected from my Cats. I'm actually collecting Gems & Parts on a daily basis now. Thx TL 
Mine too for my dogs and Cats!

queentina3
10-27-13, 04:32 PM

Exactly, for cats and dogs that cost gems or a ton of money. :(

aimeeq
10-27-13, 04:58 PM
Why are there so many things that require shovels when it's almost impossible to get them?

Monkeh2369
10-28-13, 03:57 AM
Does this increased drop rate of items refer to the Halloween version as well as the normal version? I am playing the Halloween version right now and I have to say I have seen no increase at all in the drop rate :(

ginerp
10-28-13, 07:24 PM
Yes, hit level 30 about 5 minutes ago! That took forever.

Why?
Because so many of us noticed that shovel drops stopped right around level 15.

I have definitely noticed an increase in drops of expansion items since the update, but still no screws or shovels.

cityfan
10-28-13, 07:25 PM
I have gone from level 19 to level 23 WITHOUT GETTING A SINGLE SHOVEL!!!
or TL make them requestable from nbrs....

cityfan
10-28-13, 07:26 PM
Because so many of us noticed that shovel drops stopped right around level 15.

I have definitely noticed an increase in drops of expansion items since the update, but still no screws or shovels.

or the expansion thingie that looks like a brown envelope!

cityfan
10-28-13, 07:27 PM
Kooky, do you know if its the same with the coin dogs?

kooky panda
10-28-13, 07:28 PM
I am not really sure. I will check to see.

preinsko
10-28-13, 09:31 PM
Same here the only shovels I got were from the newspaper. All my debrie requires shovels.

diehardpat
10-29-13, 01:29 AM
Hi, did anyone notice the drop rate has decreased again in the last few hours, I've done about 15 deliveries & nothing, I have also noticed when the plane returns after a delivery & you tap the coins on it, the flow of coins is very poor, it's almost like TL have tampered with the delivery system again. Awe poor TL there must not be anyone buying gems, awe shucks!

pipipooh1977
10-29-13, 06:38 AM
No shovels for me either, I can't even find them in the paper.....EVER! :mad:
Something needs to change and FAST, I'm really about to lose it with this game! We should be able to gift shovels to NBRS or Stormie's shop needs to be more of a help instead of garbage!

pipipooh1977
10-29-13, 06:41 AM
I will NEVER buy gems for this game.....EVER! This game is too frustrating and stupidly put together that it's not worth my money! If TL would fix things and it actually be noticeable to players then I might buy gems...but I'm NOT going to in the state this game is in right now! :mad:

mamareader02
10-29-13, 08:48 AM
Some days are better than others for me on receiving items.one day I'm rolling in maps ,shovels,and axes,others all I'm getting are coins:(

TinksThots
10-29-13, 08:49 AM
Lol Stormie's shop is a joke, and shovels are a myth.

Paquin0711
10-29-13, 01:35 PM
This game is GEM hungry. And as long as ppl keep buying the gems.....we wont see much improvements in drops if any at all. Why would they change the one very thing that is making them money due to the lack of it being free in the game? They wont, it will not change. This last update that was about a week ago now claimed to increase the premium parts more, NOT. It hasn't changed one bit for me, my Aunt, son & neighbor and by the sounds of it, for everyone else who has posted here too. I admit i did buy the gems in the beginning of this game, almost $100 cad worth if I add it all up. But I REFUSE to spend one more single dime on this game until they make the changes they have promised us in the last few updates. So I doubt I will be spending anymore real money on this game because its greedy developers don't care enough about the other people who WONT ever buy gems for this game. Like I said, this game is gem hungry.

kooky panda
10-29-13, 02:30 PM

Yes!! I did check on this and the coin animals drop the same items as the gem animals!

Sefyre
10-29-13, 02:39 PM
And here I thought it was something wrong in my game.

I DO have space in my Barn, but I have NOT, since downloading the game and playing it and doing over a dozen deliveries, seen hide or hair of Hammers or Pickaxes and to open my Market, it NEEDS a stupid hammer.

Funny thing is, I had this same problem in Dragon Story regarding problems with the usage and conservation of resources and knowing when and when not to use items and my end thought and suggestion is: the flow of instructions/goals/quests need to be better laid out.

When I started to clear space (rocks, whatever) for my Goal, I had no idea how difficult it would be to get certain tools and so I cleared an extra rock and sawed an extra bit of wood and as a result, I still don't have my Market because I used up my precious tools.

Not fun and not cool. :(

cityfan
10-29-13, 08:36 PM
Yes!! I did check on this and the coin animals drop the same items as the gem animals!
Yippeee!! Thanks, Kooky

ginrae22
10-30-13, 09:20 AM
I haven't gotten a single item from deliveries in the past two days either. not okay...

ginrae22
10-30-13, 09:24 AM
Oh and for me seeing screws or shovels in the newspaper are as rare as seeing the Easter bunny! It's never happened and I'm not sure I believe it ever will. That's clearly the only way I'm going to get them and that seems impossible too.