PDA

View Full Version : Please!!!! No limits on receiving gifts!

Unregistered
01-03-11, 05:18 PM
Why is there a limit on the number of gifts you can receive? SURELY if you're a good neighbour and people want to reward you it should be allowed! The more generous you are and willing to spend time tipping and GIFTING your neighbours, the more gifts you should be able to receive. It just does not make sense.

Unregistered
01-03-11, 05:27 PM
Why is there a limit on the number of gifts you can receive? SURELY if you're a good neighbour and people want to reward you it should be allowed! The more generous you are and willing to spend time tipping and GIFTING your neighbours, the more gifts you should be able to receive. It just does not make sense.

This is no real limit. If you have 20 gifts in your inbox, as soon as you accept one and move it to your gift page, the next one in the queue will pop up. Try it sometime...let your gifts mount up until they reach 20. move one to your gift page....another one will appear, if someone has gifted you.

Unregistered
01-03-11, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the tip. Will definitely try letting them pile up in the inbox although I don't see why they won't appear if they are accepted and used as they arrive.
Also I know that I get a message saying my neighbour can't accept any more gifts today as they have already accepted 20. So it happens to senders as well as receivers.

Unregistered
01-03-11, 06:41 PM
You don't have to let them pile up....I was just saying if you wanted to see if you got more than 20 in one day. I know you get that message when you send gifts sometimes...I don't know why they send that message...it's the same thing in City Story. I have had 20 gifts sitting there and as soon as I accept one, it stays at 19 for a second then it's right back up to 20.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 08:27 AM
This is no real limit. If you have 20 gifts in your inbox, as soon as you accept one and move it to your gift page, the next one in the queue will pop up. Try it sometime...let your gifts mount up until they reach 20. move one to your gift page....another one will appear, if someone has gifted you.

AS YOU CAN IMAGINE I'm not very happy with your advice- I have lost all but the last 5 gifts. They go out of sight after 5 and you never see them again.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO RECOVER MY GIFTS ? Not impressed with the programming which accompanies this game.

Unregistered
01-04-11, 09:31 AM
AS YOU CAN IMAGINE I'm not very happy with your advice- I have lost all but the last 5 gifts. They go out of sight after 5 and you never see them again.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO RECOVER MY GIFTS ? Not impressed with the programming which accompanies this game.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. It has never happened to me. I had 15 gifts sitting there this morning and I didn't have any trouble retrieving them. As far as I know there is no way to recover gifts.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 04:25 AM

Think about it. If there was no limit on gifts then everyone would have thousands of neighbors giving gifts. Which in turn would mean that you wouldn't have to cook anything. Everyone would just layout their gifts on the their serving counters and collect coinage. So there goes the whole point of the game. Everyone want these story games handing to them in a silver platter and not work for anything. Now if they want to change it to each gift being one serving then eliminate the 20 gifts per day.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 05:33 PM
Now you explain it I can see the reasoning behind it- thanks. It does cause some misunderstandings between neighbours though when one has sent gifts and the other hasn't received them, so they feel their generosity isn't being reciprocated.

Unregistered
01-05-11, 05:53 PM

Are you sure? I accept gifts only once a day, and often get more than 20, and I dont use any of them. All of my accepted gifts have just been pilling up in the My Gifts section. You do realise that you will only have 5 gift icons in your My Gifts menu? If you accept 15 gifts you wont have 15 icons, all of your gifts that are the same are all added together. So, for example, if you accept 10 gifts of cappuccino (which is 50 serves each), there will only be 1 icon in your My Gifts menu, but there will be 500 serves.

Unregistered
01-06-11, 08:50 PM

You don't have to let them pile up....I was just saying if you wanted to see if you got more than 20 in one day. I know you get that message when you send gifts sometimes...I don't know why they send that message...it's the same thing in City Story. I have had 20 gifts sitting there and as soon as I accept one, it stays at 19 for a second then it's right back up to 20.

Uh, you're a moron.

There *is* a limit of 20 a day. Sure, you can *receive* more than 20 a day (after all, most people have more than 20 neighbors), but you can only *accept* 20 a day.

The gifts will just keep pushing down as more neigbors gift you. But that doesn't mean you can accept more than 20, because it doesn't. Look, if you had 10 brownies and 10 capps pending (add that up - that's 20), and the very first gift you received that day was a capp (which is at the bottom of the pending gifts), if a *21st* neighbor were to gift you something, that first gift will disappear and a new gift (the 21st) will "replace" it at the top - hence keeping the 20 limit. That very first gift disappears forever. Makes sense?

Say you had 20 capps pending, and you had yet to accept any of them. And as you're going through the list accepting all of them, you get to the 19th and accept it. Cool. You've now accepted 19 gifts - all capps. Then you go to accept the last capp - the 20th one. And just as you're about to accept it, it suddenly changes into a brownie - whoa!!! What happened? A 21st neighbor has just gifted you a crappy gift. You accepted your gifts too late. So now you have to wait around for another neighbor (a 22nd) to actually gift you a capp (to replace the brownie). It might take more than a 22nd neighbor though, as people gift different things. Hey, it could even take up to the 40th neighbor to gift you that 20th capp! That 20th pending gift will *keep* changing (you'll notice that lone gift will change neighbor names, so you know that a different neighbor is gifting you, even if the gift doesn't change) until you accept your 20th gift. Once a capp comes along and you accept it, you will receive NO MORE pending gifts from neighbors - you've *accepted* 20, you're done for the day.

Always accept your gifts as quickly as possible so that no other neighbor gifts you something crappy to replace it. (Not that you can't then get the gift back from a different neighbor, but you don't want to spend time waiting for a gift...)

That's because that person has no idea what they're talking about. Your gifts go out of sight after 5 because you had already accepted 15 gifts - so you had 5 left to accept - hence the 20 limit.

The programming of the game is fine. The "advise" by people who know nothing is not. What gifts did you lose? 5 capps? Just wait until 5 more people gift you capps. It's OK - it just means you're going to wait longer for the gift you want (and already had, apparently, but you didn't accept it on "advise" from a moron).

Are you sure? I accept gifts only once a day, and often get more than 20, and I dont use any of them. All of my accepted gifts have just been pilling up in the My Gifts section. You do realise that you will only have 5 gift icons in your My Gifts menu? If you accept 15 gifts you wont have 15 icons, all of your gifts that are the same are all added together. So, for example, if you accept 10 gifts of cappuccino (which is 50 serves each), there will only be 1 icon in your My Gifts menu, but there will be 500 serves.

Yes they're sure. It's the mechanics of the game that applies to everyone - even you. I think you're *really* bad at maths. Seriously, try counting how many gifts you actually *accept* in a day - it's 20, right? *rolls eyes*

Unregistered
01-06-11, 09:21 PM
Yes they're sure. It's the mechanics of the game that applies to everyone - even you. I think you're *really* bad at maths. Seriously, try counting how many gifts you actually *accept* in a day - it's 20, right? *rolls eyes*

Ummm, I was reading back through the posts, and I think that I am reading this original message differently to you, and I think part of the reply that was given to this message was right.

The original message...

The reply...

The way that I read that original message was that maybe they didn't understand that gifts were accumulated in the My Gift menu, which makes part of the reply correct. They said that they accepted about 15 gifts, and they lost "all but the last 5". To me, that would suggest that they were looking in their My Gifts menu and seeing only 5 icons (the 5 different foods that can be gifted), not 15. As for the accepting 20 gifts a day, I dont know how it all works, so I am not going to comment on that bit.

Unregistered
01-06-11, 09:25 PM
They said that they accepted about 15 gifts, and they lost "all but the last 5". To me, that would suggest that they were looking in their My Gifts menu and seeing only 5 icons (the 5 different foods that can be gifted), not 15.

Oops, I need to correct myself... It wasn't that poster that had accepted 15 gifts, it was someone replying to them... however this doesn't change my answer.