PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm short on EVERYTING, ALL THE TIME!

spiiph
09-09-13, 03:03 AM
I'm on level 13.
I'm short on money, food, shovels, saws, nails, paint, maps etc. all the time!
I can't buy anything since I don't have the money (pigs, apple trees, windmill).
I can't move things around as I want them since I don't have the tools to clear the land.
I can't expand since I have no maps.
I almost never have every food item needed to make a delivery. When I do make a delivery I only get money and exp, never items.
I can't buy what I need in the shops because in the newspaper there's only milk, eggs and potatoes which I (surprisingly enough) don't need. The same for my neighbours' shops. If I try to find other shops in the community the players there all are on levels lower than me so they don't have anything other than milk or wheat to sell.

Please help me! The only thing I find in this game is just a load of can'ts.

wassupbaby
09-09-13, 03:20 AM
how long have you been playing ?

spiiph
09-09-13, 04:04 AM
For 4 days I think. The last week I've been given me-time for the first time in a couple of years so I really have played this game A LOT since i downloaded it.

wassupbaby
09-09-13, 04:19 AM
that's fast. i have the same problem as well , it even gets worse when i level up , new items come but no place in the storage .i guess i'll quit playing when i get to lv 15. *sigh*

spiiph
09-09-13, 04:26 AM
Where do you get the new items from? Because I don't recieve them when I make deliveries and no one is selling them. :P

But if you don't have space in your storage, couldn't you try to sell some things in your shop?

rosewaterlily
09-09-13, 05:25 AM
There's something wrong with TL's delivery distribution algorithm. I have 13 land deeds, 11 expansion permits, but only ONE old map, yet you need four of each to expand toward the treehouse. My barn is getting clogged up with papers, but they can't be used due to lack of maps. Let us request maps!

sunkalito
09-09-13, 05:35 AM
that's fast. i have the same problem as well , it even gets worse when i level up , new items come but no place in the storage .i guess i'll quit playing when i get to lv 15. *sigh*

Yeah, it's like they haven't quite thought this through. I need certain items for expanding further but they never seem to come. Delieveries don't always "deliver" items I need and sometimes i have to delete a bunch of them because there is no way I can fulfill them. Besides, the rewards are SO MEAGER that I honestly wonder what the heck kinda game economy is this. SUPER reduced, it's ridiculous!!
I'm usually always ridiculously low on money as a result -.-
Since i can't seem to get any items for storage increase the game gets stagnated often. And earlier on i actually had to spend gems to increase my barn's capacity because i COULD NOT do anything at all, i was stuck and had no item to expand!! Ridiculous.
They either tweak the game to make some changes or a lot of people will just quit. The problem regarding capacity is the worst IMHO, but the one with the money isn't far behind. Also REALLYbad is how difficult (or impossible) some items seem to be. I never got a hammer. And never found a pickaxe or shovel. I mean, SERIOUSLY why does it have to be like this? Is it gonna be weeks before i find the item I need to make SOME sort of progress with the game? If so I am so bailing this...lol

spiiph
09-09-13, 10:55 AM
Yes, it's like there's not just one problem but several, with the game. Where is the fun with a game you have to struggle so hard with for such little reward...
When you finish a quest you get 10 coins... But to finish a quest takes forever since earning money is so slow. And by the time you've finally finished, several new quests has popped up so you're always behind. Besides - where to put all these buildings and pens if you somehow manage to get the money to buy them, when you can't expand and there are boulders and shrubs in the way on the land you actually do own?

meme1098
09-09-13, 11:28 AM
I got a hammer today by clearing a shrub with the shovel. Got a hammer 2 out of 3 shrubs.

[S8] Regina
09-09-13, 11:49 AM
Thank you all for the feedback on our new game. You are all moving fast! To earn more coins, you will have to send out more deliveries or sell your items at your Shop. You can also visit Shops to find more Parts and Permits for sale. By sending out deliveries, you have a chance of having a Part or Expansion item drop. Old Map drops are rare! If you have no more space in your Barn and Silo, you can also sell your items at your Shop to free up more space for other valuable items.

mamareader02
09-09-13, 01:08 PM
Can't there be a way to request some of these items from neighbors,maybe 2-3 a day,so we get a little help,but are still motivated enough to do those deliveries that pay nothing at all!

kooky panda
09-09-13, 01:13 PM
Hey I did get some paint from a neighbor today (random gift) This was the first part I have received as a gift. :)

mamareader02
09-09-13, 01:15 PM
Hey I did get some paint from a neighbor today (random gift) This was the first part I have received as a gift. :)

I have to admit,I got a map from one neighbor,but there's got to be a teeny more easier way to get these items

zeldaj
09-09-13, 01:53 PM
Oh Wow you all are talking expanding, I just started and im trying to get eggs and my silo and barn is full. LOL

sunkalito
09-09-13, 02:53 PM
The problem regarding capacity is the worst IMHO, but the one with the money isn't far behind. Also REALLYbad is how difficult (or impossible) some items seem to be. I never got a hammer. And never found a pickaxe or shovel. I mean, SERIOUSLY why does it have to be like this? Is it gonna be weeks before i find the item I need to make SOME sort of progress with the game? If so I am so bailing this...lol
Well, I FINALLY got TWO hammers from a delivery. Soooo happy!! Upgraded my silo, now it stores 80 parts. Yay. :D now if i vould get a can of paint...

Lucybc80
09-09-13, 04:38 PM
This is getting ridiculous!! I really enjoyed the game in the beginning but now I can neither plant, milk cows or do ANYTHING because of barn and sillo space. I know you set it all up so people want to spend real money but you can't make everything so ridiculously hard to everyone.

3cala
09-09-13, 05:02 PM
I can't figure this game out. I think I'm going to dump it as soon as I earn the free gems and go back to FS

Anyuszko
09-12-13, 12:30 AM
There's something wrong with TL's delivery distribution algorithm. I have 13 land deeds, 11 expansion permits, but only ONE old map, yet you need four of each to expand toward the treehouse. My barn is getting clogged up with papers, but they can't be used due to lack of maps. Let us request maps!

Sell what you have no need at the moment. I am always keeping things only for the next expansion/etc. If you sell the plus, you may have coins to buy what you need, if it pops up in a newspaper. Also you will have money for buying pigs etc. Do not stock up too many things for future uses. You will get it later from deliveries and so. But if you sell them and will be able to buy more pigs, more trees etc then you will be able to complete deliveries more often, with more chance of getting useful things.

09-13-13, 06:47 AM
Right now in order to make any delivery I need ?

2 Flours ? which I can?t make because I don?t have enough coin to buy the windmill
4 Chocolate ? which I can?t make because cocoa trees only give cocoa every four hours and I don?t have enough coins to buy more trees
6 Apple ? which I don?t have because apple trees only give apples every 8 hours and I don?t have to coins to buy more trees
2 Cocoa Bean ? see Chocolate

So basically I have nothing to play for today until late this afternoon when my trees give more stuff.

In order to complete the goals I need ?

Build a Windmill ? which I can?t because I don?t have enough coins to buy one
Have 2 more pigs ? again not enough coins
Expand to Junk Pile ? never get a map
Make Flour ? see Windmill

I have been just making animal feed and selling it in the Market so I could keep my silo & barn clearer and make some coins but nobody is buying it anymore.

meme1098
09-13-13, 07:01 AM
Dump a few deliveries and see if new come up that you can complete.

chewytwix
09-13-13, 07:06 AM
I liked this game until I cant advance...im only level 10! Its dumb that I cant make deliveries because I dony have enough goods, cant have enough goods because my barn is full, my barn is full because I need parts to upgrade my farm, and my permits and papers take up too much space in the barn. Its a lose lose situation. Also, fell for a gem trap already. Dont think ill keep playing

meme1098
09-13-13, 07:09 AM
If you can't make deliveries, just discard a few. I do that probably 8-10 times a day. Won't have the needed items for hours or at all. You'll have some new deliveries within a short time. If you don't have to comp,eye, dump another.

meme1098
09-13-13, 07:11 AM
Geez..wish they had edit on this forum.. That's a mess. If you don't have enough of an item or 2 to complete the delivery, just discard it. Hey,TL, put an edit option on here please. It's not that hard!

minidemon88
09-13-13, 10:34 AM
I liked this game until I cant advance...im only level 10! Its dumb that I cant make deliveries because I dony have enough goods, cant have enough goods because my barn is full, my barn is full because I need parts to upgrade my farm, and my permits and papers take up too much space in the barn. Its a lose lose situation. Also, fell for a gem trap already. Dont think ill keep playing

You can sell those extra permits or papers in your side shop to free out some space in your barn. When I was at your level, I sell any extra upgrading or expansion items that I've gotten in my side shop. Why keep so much when I don't even have enough space for other stuff? That's what I was thinking. :)

meme1098
09-13-13, 11:40 AM
I keep getting orders for bread and don't even have the bakery yet. WTH? So I discard those. I also discard deliveries that require items I won't have for several hours like apples. In a short time a new delivery request pops up and I can see if that one is fillable.

srg70
09-13-13, 12:14 PM
I was in the same position. I just sold some of the permits. I kept doing that till my barn and silo was big enough. It will work out in the end. I'm only on level 15.

meme1098
09-13-13, 01:48 PM
I guess some people have an abundance of expansion permits and shovels. Mine are both pretty rare but just visited someone and bought both at the same farm. Phewwww. Guess they're not gonna play much longer. :)

meme1098
09-13-13, 01:56 PM
I was in the same position. I just sold some of the permits. I kept doing that till my barn and silo was big enough. It will work out in the end. I'm only on level 15.

Did you discard some orders and wait for some that you can fill? That empties your barn too. I sure would like to buy some of your expansion permits. Can we be nbrs? :). I have lots of old maps and a bunch of land deeds. I need the expansion permits to expand.

sweetypies97
09-13-13, 03:10 PM
That sounds easy but it doesn't seem to work that way unfortunately. Since this is a new game maybe some kinks need to be ironed out? The thing I need (nails, old maps) are never for sale in shops because everyone wants them! Perhaps they need to be dropped a little more often? Also, the reward for completing some quests needs to be a little higher IMO. We get 5 coins if someone helps our building, and we can help 3 buildings at a time (I think?) so that's 15 coins, but we only get 10 coins plus xp for completing a quest. I hope I got those numbers right, my apologies if I didn't!

I really love this game and it's slowly surpassing my love for bs and rs. I find myself checking my farm in the morning before I check my bakery and restaurant!!

Can I say that I *love* that crops and food don't go mouldy if you leave them like the food in bs and rs?! Please don't ever change that.

sweetypies97
09-13-13, 03:12 PM
Sorry, I meant to quote iceepenguin's post on page 1 with my reply.

ssminow
09-13-13, 04:26 PM
That sounds easy but it doesn't seem to work that way unfortunately. Since this is a new game maybe some kinks need to be ironed out? The thing I need (nails, old maps) are never for sale in shops because everyone wants them! Perhaps they need to be dropped a little more often? Also, the reward for completing some quests needs to be a little higher IMO. We get 5 coins if someone helps our building, and we can help 3 buildings at a time (I think?) so that's 15 coins, but we only get 10 coins plus xp for completing a quest. I hope I got those numbers right, my apologies if I didn't!

I really love this game and it's slowly surpassing my love for bs and rs. I find myself checking my farm in the morning before I check my bakery and restaurant!!

Can I say that I *love* that crops and food don't go mouldy if you leave them like the food in bs and rs?! Please don't ever change that.

This is a great game and we can receive up to 5 coins be visiting other farms (as long as there are hearts), we can also receive coins by visiting neighbours everyday. You make most of your money through selling goods and filling orders.. Use your neighbours to help you out for items you are missing.

lolzillaz
09-13-13, 10:55 PM
The trick to doing well in this game is use Your Shop to sell items, Neighbors and newspaper to buy common items mostly, while reserving your buildings to only produce what is rarely available for purchase in "the market". This way you can leverage your time and money better.

I've found many usefull items browsing through the community players stores while visiting.

I'm still a noob in this game but it seems to favor to those who know how to work the market to their advantage.

Anyuszko
09-16-13, 12:31 PM
Actually, if you reach to the lake, you will earn money faster. It is easy and cheap to fish, and you may get various items and money from the lake. It is the easiest and fastest way to get rich. Well, not "rich", but not as poor as most of players.