PDA

View Full Version : Food and Feed Icons Fall Off Edge of Screen

friscosharkboy
09-08-13, 08:28 AM
After I play for 15 minutes or so, making feed, food, harvesting, I can no longer make food or feed because the icons to make these have fallen half way off the screen. It's like my board has expanded 10% and I can't use anything on the edge. I am not full in my silo or barn. If I click the half off icons, nothing happens. If I quit and restart my game, all is back to normal. I am playing on an iPad1, OS 5.1.1.

FrozenTurtle
09-08-13, 08:43 AM
Can you provide us with a screen shot so we can take a look?

friscosharkboy
09-08-13, 09:06 AM
Can you provide us with a screen shot so we can take a look?

How to do that on iPad1?

greygull
09-08-13, 10:17 AM
How to do that on iPad1?

Try pressing the Home and Power buttons at the same time. The screen should flash, and you might hear a camera click sound. Then you can post the picture on the forum - here a thread on how to (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum).

friscosharkboy
09-09-13, 07:11 AM
I sent a message to support. I don't want to put more apps on my iPad to upload a photo to this site.

Bluestrike
09-10-13, 09:05 AM
I have the same issue

kooky panda
09-10-13, 10:23 AM
Try updating your OS version on your device.

Thank you all for the reports! We have investigated this issue, and players using OS below 6.0 should upgrade their OS. If you are unable to upgrade, force-closing the app is a temporary workaround. Be on the lookout for a fix in a future update!

friscosharkboy
09-12-13, 06:17 AM
Try updating your OS version on your device.

I am playing on an iPad1 with ios 5.1.1. That's as far as that device can be updated. 6 and 7 are not available for iPad1.

kooky panda
09-12-13, 10:53 AM
I am playing on an iPad1 with ios 5.1.1. That's as far as that device can be updated. 6 and 7 are not available for iPad1.

Right now when you have this issue, you will need to close out your game or restart your device to fix this.

KingdomNo735
09-12-13, 11:14 AM
I have the same issue (also on an iPad1). It appears that the issue is that the game thinks the iPad is oriented portrait instead of landscape when it should remain locked in landscape all the time. Hope this helps you find the bug.

minihagen
09-15-13, 02:37 PM
I have the same problem. Very annoying!

ishiken74
09-15-13, 11:33 PM
Me too. I have to restart the game several times:(

esmerelda35
09-16-13, 01:34 PM
I have the exact same problem also, and I am on the ipad2, not the ipad1 like the others. It fixes when I shut down and reboot, but it is VERY frustrating to have to do that every 15 minutes or so.

kooky panda
09-16-13, 02:16 PM
I have the exact same problem also, and I am on the ipad2, not the ipad1 like the others. It fixes when I shut down and reboot, but it is VERY frustrating to have to do that every 15 minutes or so.
Do you have the most current OS version for your Ipad? Should be 6.1.3.

journeysmom
09-17-13, 07:16 AM
Yup, same here on ipad1. The soft reset/close out works for me, but it is every few minutes.

esmerelda35
09-17-13, 11:15 AM
Do you have the most current OS version for your Ipad? Should be 6.1.3.

No, actually I don't.....but I can't update it either, as it needs 3.3 GB of space and I have nowhere near that!!! I just deleted as many apps/photos as I could, and I am not even close. So I guess you're saying until I update to the most current OS version (which will be never), I just have to live with this and reboot when it happens all the time, correct?

greygull
09-17-13, 01:13 PM
No, actually I don't.....but I can't update it either, as it needs 3.3 GB of space and I have nowhere near that!!! I just deleted as many apps/photos as I could, and I am not even close. So I guess you're saying until I update to the most current OS version (which will be never), I just have to live with this and reboot when it happens all the time, correct?

Are you trying to update through the Cloud, or by plugging into the computer?

GloLand
09-17-13, 07:02 PM
i also have this issue on my ipad 1. It seems to happen whenever I'm playing and someone stops by to visit my farm. I can't see their sprinkles and my order menu goes to the side. I have to close my game and visit another game before i can reenter from the main load screen. Once I'm in my game again, i notice I have a new message on my envelope, sprinkles are on my buildings, and my menu's back in place. Since I seem to get new visitors every couple of minutes, it's very hard to get much done before I have to leave again and repeat the process of restarting my game. Very frustrating! Please fix this.

KingdomNo735
09-20-13, 11:55 AM
Any update on this issue? Seems to happen more frequently now.

kooky panda
09-20-13, 07:51 PM
I think a fix was put in the new version update.
You will check for the update in the app store,
Version 4.1

KingdomNo735
09-21-13, 07:13 AM
Thanks, it works so far!

olcastle
09-21-13, 01:13 PM
Thank you for fixing it so fast!
Too bad it's impossible to play anymore after update because the game crashing every minute.