PDA

View Full Version : what IOS device?

mymummy789
09-05-13, 02:24 AM
Which IOS device is Dragon Story now geared towards? I ask because the game has become almost unplayable on my ipod 4, latest operating system. I deleted and reinstalled the game this morning and rather than fix issues, it is now even worse.

It is now getting to the point where I may have to consider buying a new device or saying bye-bye to my dragons.

kooky panda
09-05-13, 05:14 AM
Your ipod 4 should be okay. Have you checked to make sure you have the most current IOS version for your ipod 4?

mymummy789
09-05-13, 08:09 AM
yes it is. The game has gradually been getting worse and worse as each new feature is activated. I think the arctic isles may have been the straw that broke the camels back :(

kooky panda
09-05-13, 09:35 AM
Try force closing out any applications running in the background.

Also go under settings-safari and clear cookies and data.

This can free up some memory and maybe help.

mymummy789
09-06-13, 02:09 AM
I always stop other applications before playing DS. Tried clearing the cookies and data but sadly it made no difference at all :(

mymummy789
09-08-13, 04:19 AM
Sadly, this game is getting worse and worse. I can't even look round my islands now without the game crashing after a minute or so. The fact that it can crash without me even doing anything indicates there is a serious flaw in this game. Looking at the huge number of threads regarding crashing also indicates that there is a major problem with this game, but nothing is ever done about it. Personally, I think this game is now too big to play on my ipod, hence the reason for my initial question, which noone from TL has bothered to respond too.

So, with heavy heart, once my current stock of gold has gone I will stop playing. I don't have time to reload this game constantly just to feed a couple of dragons, which I will only have to repeat again once the game has reloaded. I loved this game, and I love my dragons, but I will just have to find something else to waste my time on :(

mymummy789
09-08-13, 02:02 PM
I may have fixed my problem - not by deleting and reinstalling DS but by deleting and reinstalling most of my other apps!!! I decided to do a bit of investigating and discovered that one of my games (not a TL one I should add) had accumulated over 1 GB of data!! Since having a tidy up my DS has not crashed. It is early days yet - I have just finished the latest tournament which could have been causing problems, but I have managed to do to "normal" battles without it crashing.

So for now my dragons are safe :)

mymummy789
09-10-13, 12:53 AM
I take it back. The improvements lasted all of a day and now it is back to crashing every minute or so. Oh well, I tried :(

mymummy789
09-11-13, 01:01 AM
I found the diagnostics for my ipod and it seems that it is crashing due to low memory. I have no idea how to fix that, or even if it is fixable :(

kooky panda
09-11-13, 04:50 AM
You will need to remove more apps from your device.
Also try going under setting-safari and deleting cookies/data.

mymummy789
09-11-13, 08:45 AM
You will need to remove more apps from your device.
Also try going under setting-safari and deleting cookies/data.

I don't understand this. According to the stats for my device, I still have 22 GB of storage available. In other words, I haven't even half filled it yet. Are you saying that in order to play this one game I should not have any other apps on my ipod? Exactly how much space does this game need, for goodness sake!!!!!!!!!