PDA

View Full Version : Hatchery pointless?

lolzillaz
09-04-13, 09:53 AM
I'm new to Castle story but the hatchery seems to be a 12x more expensive, 8x slower to use version of a Chicken. It makes sense to have Sawmill and Mine since those resources expire and need repurchasing but chickens don't expire... :confused:

lotuskat
09-04-13, 10:03 AM
I think the hatchery used to give out more roast chicken. Maybe it's more likely to give you a golden egg?

brandonu
09-04-13, 10:09 AM
It gives roast chicken and eggs in bulk and comes in handy if you aren't checking the game constantly throughout the day.

lolzillaz
09-04-13, 10:13 AM
I would expect a boat load of eggs vs what one chicken can crank out in 4 hours, kinda silly.

jimboser
09-04-13, 10:46 AM
Yes, but 1 energy use will get you as much as 2-3 chickens on average, so from an energy perspective, it's a good thing over the long term. I always collect from my hatcheries, but don't always collect from my chickens to keep up on demand.

At more advanced levels, there's plenty of production needed, so you need to use your energy wisely.

lolzillaz
09-04-13, 11:08 AM
Alright that makes sense, thanks for your input.

kikilicious74
09-06-13, 07:44 AM
Hatchery - one engery for 2ish roast chickens and 3ish eggs plus some coins

Chicken - one energy for one egg, MAYBE a roast chicken, and some times coins

When you don't have a lot of energy to go around hatchery wins.

csaulding
01-26-15, 06:22 PM
In other games the hatchery holds the chickens so it saves space. I assume there is no way to store the chickens in the hatchery. It come pre-"loaded".

SpiritWind00
01-26-15, 06:25 PM
In other games the hatchery holds the chickens so it saves space. I assume there is no way to store the chickens in the hatchery. It come pre-"loaded".

Correct. Hatchery will drop multiple eggs, but It's still worth having a few chickens out as well.

Same with the stable.